CS DD+ feels scratchy / grainy after some time of playing

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD+
  • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): GT Extreme and F1 v2.5 2023 limited
  • Driver Version: 457
  • Base FW Version: 2.1.0.3
  • Motor FW Version: not available for me to see
  • Wheel FW Version: 1.0.7.0 for Extreme wheel
  • FanaLab Version: only play on PS5

Hi everyone. When I got the GT Extreme last month, everything was fine, total enjoyment. I only play GT7 on PS5.

Then starting from last week, when I boot up the ps5 and the base and start playing, about 20-30 minutes later, the wheel start to feel scratchy / grainy. It feels subtle at first but will develop over time, more noticeable as I play for more time. It feels like an electric current that adds to the basic FFB and is getting worse if I continue to play. It stays there if I power cycle the base in a short time, onIy after I power off the base for like overnight, it goes away. When this happened there was also a strange noise if I turn the wheel, not like the common coil whine sound, but same as in this video: What is wrong with my fanatec csl dd - makes noise after playing but if idle overnight does not? - YouTube

I've seen a long post discussing the grainy feeling (CSL DD feels scratchy - Page 4 — Fanatec Forum), but it's for CSL DD. I've also noticed there were 2 motor firmware to try in the post, but the motor firmware upgrade option is not present for me in the 457 driver. I guess it's not available for DD+?

So I'm out of option here. Do I need to contact the support (but it will take a lot of time considering current situations) or is there any method I can try to get around it?

Comments

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member
    edited April 28

One more note is when the grainy feeling begins, the coil whine disappears or almost disappears, hardly noticeable. Like the coil whine transformed into the grainy feeling.

The coil whine is bearable since it's not noticeable during a race. But the strange vibration is not.

• My gt dd pro had this scratchy feeling last year. It was repaired and was fine after.

my dd+ is gone back for cool whine. Hoping for the same outcome. It’s anoying.

rma ur base.

• Thanks. Seems like the only way.