Fanatec Wheel LED and Button not functioning

Hi all, so I have just recently got my first lot of Fanatec Produts. I have the following:

CSL DD Wheel Base

CSL Pedals

ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 Esports V2

I have set it all up and loaded into F1 24, only to find the buttons and LED's don't work. I tested this in a couple other games as F1 24 is new and thought that it could be the reason but I am still experiencing the same issues. I have loaded up the Fanatec Control Panel and noticed that my Wheel has a Firmware Version of 0. So I have attempted to update this but this unfortunately keeps failing. Saying that the Wheel can't be detected or it can't enter update mode. I have searched and searched through Reddit and this forum but and tried the fixes that have been suggested to others but nothing have worked. Please see the attempts that I have made below:

Hard Resetting the Wheel Base

Tried different Driver installed (Current is 455, but have tried 454 and 456)

Tried different USB Ports

Completed USB Reset as per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdIquwH4uAM

Attempted on another PC.

All giving the same errors. Is there any other advise that people could provide that I could try. I have raise this via Support but haven't had a response from them and it has been 5 days.

Comments

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited June 6

Install Fanatec Driver 457 beta and any FW updates in that collection to fix some of the issues, wheel firmware of 0 is a known issue and should be only cosmetic, however if the wheel doesn't work in any games or fanatec config then you could at worst have a dude or bricked wheel, but I would suspect it wouldn't detect the wheel at all if that was the case, F1 24 probably will not work still with LEDS.

Logs showing the wheel as flashing correctly and updating the Wheel FW, except for a one time error, so when it reports as FW:0 is just a software glitch in the driver your using.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/30856/fanatec-driver-457-release-candidate-for-csl-clubsport-and-podium-all-wheels/p1

• This advised has helped a little, I have installed 457 and it did a Wheel Base Firmware Update and was saying the Wheel was fully up to date. I have tested the Wheel Vibration Test and LED Test within the Fanatec Control Panel which don't work. Have loaded into a couple games like F1 23 and a few other older games and the wheel is detected and works but the buttons don't work at all same with the LEDs (which I'm not too fussed about). Is there any other logs that I should collect that would help troubleshooting?

• It's definitely broken and you need to contact the support.

• there are some firmware's what could cause death for your hardware. especially the new users who not know nothing about those issues

i not sure why they even allow download those anymore

• This is a completely false statement and I told you about this several times already so please stop such fake news.

• you say 456 would not kill your hardware if you cancel this firmware forever loop at wrong time ?

• edited June 6

Correct.

It would be recoverable.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 6

anyway this user talked nothing about version 457 as in that 0 firmware should be fixed by now

• yeah, its broken.

• Hi Maurice thanks for this information. Whilst awaiting a response I have been looking at the wheel and looks like I am missing a PIN so guess that I just got unlucky with the wheel. I have raised a support ticket just awaiting a response from them. Haven't had any contact in 6 days is this expected?

• Yes that is expected, current support response times are 3 weeks or so...

edited June 6

there is one thing what he can look. is the shaft in place.

this is most common issue what can cause wheel not detected

• The wheel is being detected within the Fanatec Control Panel and I am able to use it in games it's just the LED's and Button's that aren't working

edited June 6

still, does your base shaft is in his place?

• Yes, I have checked, double checked and triple checked and watched the guides that are on fanatec youtube

edited June 6

i guess your Steering Wheel need then the repair. what is very bad with this long delays