CSL Elite Wheel Base & Pedals

Comments

• I see that you dropped ps3 (g25 emulator) mode... unfortunate! 
  • edited August 2016
    Did you read my earlier comment? 

yea but, fanatec isn't the one that decides what happens, sony is the deciding company.

• I have seen the video. Nice to see they are mainly positive about the CSL. It's going to be another quality product from Fanatec. Love the flexibility of the pedals.

• Great vídeo and new Line setup, with the negotiations with Sony close, I solve sell my Fanatec setup, because I just have a PS4. And now, I wait for a new line for PS4 asap :) I understand the people with the CSW Setup, is my case too, but this is Sony and Sony first of all is bussiness... True story. For now, I want a setup soon!
  • I'm glad i went the PC route. Picked up an F1 rim cheap for my V2. Thinking of selling my XB1 UH as its to heavy and buying a BMW rim. Though, i still have an XB1, dont think i could go back to racing sims on a monitor.

Oculus Rift Racing is where its at for me. :)
  • I've emailed Sony with my issues. I encourage others to do the same. Sony are catching the penny and missing the pound.
  • I've emailed Sony with my issues. I encourage others to do the same. Sony are catching the penny and missing the pound.
    Well said my friend
  • I'm glad i went the PC route. Picked up an F1 rim cheap for my V2. Thinking of selling my XB1 UH as its to heavy and buying a BMW rim. Though, i still have an XB1, dont think i could go back to racing sims on a monitor.

Oculus Rift Racing is where its at for me. :)
    I have to admit I haven't used my xb1 since I got my Rift, even got a hotas for flight sims.  VR blows triples away.  I still like my Forza rim, but I would like an F1 rim.  Just realized  I took  that wheel survey and voted for an F1 rim with a display I wouldn't  be able to see....darn.
  • Also, whats the point of putting rev lights on this wheel base if they wont work with Xbox One?
  • edited August 2016
    Internally, what's the difference between this and the CSW2 base?   Any pics?

Would it be possible for you guys to come up with a discount for us PC owners who already have Asseto Corsa, Project Cars and just want the

Base, Pedals, Choice of Wheel, and Shifter?   Basically a bundle savings?

Thanks for offering this, I was eyeing the Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition along with a TH8A shifter and your new product lineup is close enough in price that it would be great to buy one.   I prefer a PS4 compatible version though (no plans to get Xbox One) as I only game on PC and PS4.

Any plans for an CSE elite shfiter?  maybe priced at around 99$?
  • If you'd read the product description....you'd know there are plans for a CSL shifter AND CSL handbrake ;)
  • Can any of the Fanatec team answer these previous questions for me thanks. Will help me make a possible purchase:)
    Hello, Thank you for making this and all the hard work team. 3 questions:

1) What are the main differences or advantages of your new CSL Elite pedals compared to the original CSR Elite pedals (discontinued)?

2) Also one of the things I really like about the original CSR Elite pedals was that they were metal, brake load cell, and had an optional inversion kit from Fanatec that you could purchase to allow you to use the pedals in a GT style (pedals coming from top then down) OR a Formula style (pedals coming from the bottom floor then up). Could the Inversion kit you still sell work on this new CSL Elite pedal set?

3) Lastly, how does this new Fanatec CSL Elite bundle (wheel, base, pedals) have advantages of performance/ immersion and reliability compared to the current Xbox One / PC bundles from Thrustmaster (and/or Logitech)?

Thank you
  • Hello there ! About the PS4 situation, I'm a PS4 user and I own a Porsche GT2 steering wheel. What seriously pisses me off is when I learn that my wheel won't be supported by "Assetto Corsa", while it's working PERFECTLY fine with games like "Project Cars" or Codemasters games like "Dirt Rally" or the "F1" series. So it seems like it's just a matter of will. Sony's will – and apparently yours too – is to sell a maximum of highly expensive new equipments where it's not at all necessary ! I'm disgusted. Disgusted and sad. And also a bit naive, probably. But thanks anyway to Slightly Mad Studios and Codemasters, they, at least, surely like gamers.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Can any of the Fanatec team answer these previous questions for me thanks. Will help me make a possible purchase:)
    Hello, Thank you for making this and all the hard work team. 3 questions:

1) What are the main differences or advantages of your new CSL Elite pedals compared to the original CSR Elite pedals (discontinued)?

2) Also one of the things I really like about the original CSR Elite pedals was that they were metal, brake load cell, and had an optional inversion kit from Fanatec that you could purchase to allow you to use the pedals in a GT style (pedals coming from top then down) OR a Formula style (pedals coming from the bottom floor then up). Could the Inversion kit you still sell work on this new CSL Elite pedal set?

3) Lastly, how does this new Fanatec CSL Elite bundle (wheel, base, pedals) have advantages of performance/ immersion and reliability compared to the current Xbox One / PC bundles from Thrustmaster (and/or Logitech)?

Thank you
    1. Advantages CSL EP over CSR EP
    Much better load cell with more precision and a higher range of up to 90kg
    Adjustable stiffness and travel
    Full metal and not just partial metal
    Various pedal plate Options

2. Inversion kit
    The current Inversion kit is not compatible and we are currently not working on a new one. But the pedals can be separated and you could make a DIY Version.

3. Advantages over Thrustmaster
    I will let this answer the reviewers but Keep in mind that the CSL base is more a competitor of the T500RS or the upcoming new GT Sport wheel of TM rathen then the T300 or TX Wheel. I think they currently do not have the T500RS available for the Xbox One.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hello there ! About the PS4 situation, I'm a PS4 user and I own a Porsche GT2 steering wheel. What seriously pisses me off is when I learn that my wheel won't be supported by "Assetto Corsa", while it's working PERFECTLY fine with games like "Project Cars" or Codemasters games like "Dirt Rally" or the "F1" series. So it seems like it's just a matter of will. Sony's will – and apparently yours too – is to sell a maximum of highly expensive new equipments where it's not at all necessary ! I'm disgusted. Disgusted and sad. And also a bit naive, probably. But thanks anyway to Slightly Mad Studios and Codemasters, they, at least, surely like gamers.
    Pierre,

If it would be our will to make it NOT compatible why would we did we everythingto make the old wheels compatible before? 

But please let's discuss that in the Sony compatibility thread.
  • Well, atleast fanatec is supported on some title's, something you can't say for both Logitech and thrustmaster.
    Whats going on with these wheels??? are they facing the same problem??? Im Lost???
  • Good to see some new choices. It would be nice to see a direct side-by-side spec comparison of CSL Elite wheel & pedals vs. CSW v2 CSP V3? It would let everyone understand the differences. Does the similar torque level of CSL & CSWV2 suggest that a higher torque direct drive wheel may be coming in the near future?
  • Well, atleast fanatec is supported on some title's, something you can't say for both Logitech and thrustmaster.
    Whats going on with these wheels??? are they facing the same problem??? Im Lost???
    Nah, the g27 didn't even work on the ps4 while old fanatec wheels do.
  • How would you say this stands up to the tx base
  • Armin IS right...try it before judging it..I did ;)
    Try before you by would be a better slogan... ;-)
  • Well, then you'd have to find a place where you can ;) @Thomas, it's nowhere near the TX...you just can't compare the 2. More strength, accuracy, fun...and all other positive things you can come up with. I was in the beta testing program and I must say...really impressed. Worth every buck!
  • edited September 2016
    All I can say is that I started the sim racing with gran turismo several years ago. my first wheel was a mad catz and it was really a poor toy. This year I decided to buy the fanatec shifter as I was playing asseto corsa and project cars on the PC. The quality of the shifter impressed me so much I have just placed an order for CSV3 pedals. I had to get the basher boards adapter because I have a Thrustmaster T300 base. I would simply love to be able to purchase a wheel from fanatec that will let me play on the ps4 and on the PC.

Fanatec I really hope you can announce that deal with Sony soon!!!!!!

• No need to worry anymore lads

• To bring this back to topic!

Thomas could you give us a little bit more insight on the CSL base, I have had a CSR wheel for the past few years, it works ok but is on it's last legs, I have no experience with the clubsport kit but I was on the verge of buying one the evening I saw the announcement for the CSL, but I see that the description of the CSL Elite base is kind of a half way house between Clubsport V1 and V2. That makes me ask myself should I get a clubsport and one wheel or a CSL Elite and 2 wheels as the cost would be similar.

How different are these 2 bases? is a lot of the cost difference based around materials used to construct them or is there a big difference with regards to how much feel you get. From the reviews I have seen there doesn't appear to be a huge difference in terms of strength but the CSL has slightly less feel.

I know this is long winded but is there anything more you can tell me in terms of comparison that will help me make my decision. 

• Are the pre-order prices lower than what they will be after they enter in full production mode, or is the price gonna stay the same even after full production as started?
  • To bring this back to topic!

Thomas could you give us a little bit more insight on the CSL base, I have had a CSR wheel for the past few years, it works ok but is on it's last legs, I have no experience with the clubsport kit but I was on the verge of buying one the evening I saw the announcement for the CSL, but I see that the description of the CSL Elite base is kind of a half way house between Clubsport V1 and V2. That makes me ask myself should I get a clubsport and one wheel or a CSL Elite and 2 wheels as the cost would be similar.

How different are these 2 bases? is a lot of the cost difference based around materials used to construct them or is there a big difference with regards to how much feel you get. From the reviews I have seen there doesn't appear to be a huge difference in terms of strength but the CSL has slightly less feel.

I know this is long winded but is there anything more you can tell me in terms of comparison that will help me make my decision. 

The CSLE isn't quite as strong or smooth as the CSW. But it's still very capable IMO. (Beta tester). I was actually quite impressed with how smooth it is. I'm not one who likes my wheel to be overly strong but I do want it to be smooth. I think you'd like either wheel but if you want the strongest and smoothest than the CSW is the way to go.
  • yeah I only run my csr at 70% ffb so I am not roo worried about strength, I have CSR elite pedals aswell which I really like, but again they are old now, so I think I am going to go with a full CSL system along with a formula rim and a BMW rim. Just wish I didnt have to wait 2 months for release date!!
  • yeah I only run my csr at 70% ffb so I am not roo worried about strength, I have CSR elite pedals aswell which I really like, but again they are old now, so I think I am going to go with a full CSL system along with a formula rim and a BMW rim. Just wish I didnt have to wait 2 months for release date!!
    I forgot one difference. The CSW has a "data" port that the CSLE doesn't. We have no idea what Fanatec has in store for the data port but I can only imagine it'll be very cool. As is all their gear.
  • edited September 2016
    @Brett...check this one out, read the answers of the one who posted it, and search for more CSL previews on YouTube. I've also tested the beta base. And for that kinda money...you can't get better. And the BMW rim is a perfect choice!
  • @Antoine So his feedback seems to be get csp pedals over CSL LC but that the CSL base is very close to CSW.