Fanatec Beta Driver V277/V278 for CSW V2 and V2.5

Comments

• Hi Armin,

Yes, I understand that, but with the official driver most of the buttons were not being properly used on the game.

In the game you cannot customise this F4 button, as such, I guess that the game devs choose which wheel button to use on their own and they forgot button 4 assignment in this case.

I need to check if there was any update to the game between monday and yesterday. maybe that was what solved the problem and not really the driver :x
    Can you Post or inbox Me your Dirt Rally Settings... Im in Need of Some Good settings and all the Pcars FFB Tweeking has Me all Tweeked out.... LOL. Thnx
  • Hi Lorrell, 

So far I am using default settings except FF which I have set to 90. But I only managed to get the new base working last night.. maybe the settings will change during the next couple of weeks.
  • Hey Armin or anyone else that knows the answer. With new Fw on V2.5, which Dri setting is former 3? Cause I liked my wheel set to dri=3 in pcars and AC. Thnx in advance
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Antoine,

if you liked the -3 in pCars I am sure you will also find the right setting for you with the V2.5 ;-) There is no proper setting...it is very much to your personal taste and since the V2.5 has different (and maybe much better) options how to adjust the DRI setting I can only link you the right FAQ article:

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/faq/details&id=101

But this is my personal suggestion: Just use the new wheel base and find the setting you like most. There is no reason to try setting it up as the CSW V2 ;-) Dri=3 (V2) and Dri=3 (V2.5) might feel similar but not identical. The tech which is behind the + values of DRI is at least the same as it was before. OFF and minus values are new to the game.
  • edited March 2017
    Thank you very much Armin, FAQ was very helpfull. I whish it was mine hahaha. Just helping out a friend dialing in and updating his wheel for pcars and AC on pc so he can plug and play. Swapped our bases temporarily.
  • Yesterday i assembled my rig(CSR V2.5 + V3 Pedals + Shifter + Formula black and Xbox Hub(Another wheel).

Using the Formula Black,  the panel never open.
    Using the Hub in PC mode, when i can to open the properties... shows up a message 'initiating.." . After some time the two lines with fanatec controller desapear.

• Yesterday i assembled my rig(CSR V2.5 + V3 Pedals + Shifter + Formula black and Xbox Hub(Another wheel).

Using the Hub in PC mode, when i can to open the properties... shows up a message 'initiating.." . After some time the two lines with fanatec controller desapear.

Try and uninstall the driver, connect all Fanatec gear, switch on the wheel base, and then re-install the Fanatec driver.

Every time you power off your wheel YOU MUST RESTART THE PC TO GET THE WHEEL PROPERTIS PAGE TO OPEN to acces the settings in the Fanatec control panel.... This is a known issue... The wheel will work fine for all day gaming once you have restarted the PC...once you power the wheel off PC Must be Restarted to again access the wheel property/Settings page.... Other than this from what i have tested and Hours of Gaming DR/FW is working well.
  • Thanks for the answer guys.

But even restarting the PC, the issue continue.
    My SQ Shifter doesn't work too :(

I will try the beta driver today.

edited March 2017
    @ Marcelo
    "Shifter does not work" tells us not enough to help you. WHAT does not work would be important to know but this is a beta driver thread. The support chat is online right now to help you solving issues which are not related to the driver.

@ ALL
    New beta driver V278 available and attached to this post. If you post feedback please always mention which driver version was used.

CHANGES:
    New approach to resolve the "driver window does not open" issue
    New "idle mode" integrated in motor driver firmware V18. If the wheel base is not in use for some time the motor electronics will turn off. 
  • Thanks for the answer guys.

But even restarting the PC, the issue continue.
    My SQ Shifter doesn't work too :(

I will try the beta driver today.

If You Have Not updated your wheel and installed the DR277 this may be your issue... IIRC i couldnt get the property page open either before i updated... Matter of fact im sure this was the case... You Must Update PC to the New Driver first --->then plug in all your equipment to wheel ---> Connect wheel to PC wait for it to intialize----> open Fanatec property page and update wheel FW----> Tgen Race and Enjoy this Great New v2.5 wheel.
  • Hi Armin!

Issue with the not opening driver window is NOT resolved here.
    Driver panel still doesnt open all the time until PC restart..

And @ Lorrell and Marcelo: Please connect all your Fanatec Gear and turn them on BEFORE installing the driver. 
    Hi Maurice,

but does it now after the restart open all the time or can you still reproduce the issue again?
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Maurice,

but does it now after the restart open all the time or can you still reproduce the issue again?
    Same as before with v277..
    I can reproduce it all the time: uninstall old driver, install new driver with v2.5 turned on, PC reboot (normal driver update procedure). Then turn on v2.5 base again -> driver window will open normally. Then turn off the base and turn it on again and the driver panel will not open until reboot..
  • I can confirm the rebooting issue is not rwsolved
  • Windows 10/64bit  I also confirm that the Fanatec Wheel Properties page will Not open once you power cycle the Off and back On without a PC restart.
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Armin
    How long does it take before the Motor Electronics turn Off???  Also once the Motor Electronics turn off how do you Reactivate them??? does this require a wheel restart or just movement of the wheel to reactivate the all wheel systems?   Thanks

• edited March 2017
    Hi Armin

windows 10/64bit it seems that the emulate mouse feature is Not working with the New Dr 278...This feature is Important to Me because i play using  Oculus Rift VR head set... No Rim Button can be mapped from inside the game as a Execute command/Hot key button..Example Start / Exit Race...this is where the Emulate mouse feature was Most important because i can map the Right thumb stick button as the Dpad Hot key...This allowed me to use the visual pointer in the VR display to look and Click the right thumb stick that is mapped as a hot key to execute Enter/Exit commands and all general selections... Excluding scrolling EX: up,down... also the button mapping for Pcars Can Not be done to the thumb sticks of the 918 wheel Rim to do important things like scroll up or down...but this i believe is on the game developers end to support proper button mapping.

as things are Now until the game developers provide proper button mapping support for the v2.5  it seems that it will be very important to keep the Emulate mouse feature working with future Dr/FW updates.

Note: the Left thumb stick will move the Mouse/Pointer across the screen but the movement is very slow and Glitchy even with the speed setting on fast.

I have reverted back to Dr 277 and the Emulate mouse feature is working again with DR 277...This Means that I'm sure this feature is not working in DR 278....Also when i reverted back to Dr 277 the wheel did not ask for a FW update so the New FFB motor FW 018 is still installed. Edit: I Raced PCars 4 hours last Night New FFB Motor Fw 018 worked perfectly with Dr 277
  • Driver v277: one of the two Fanatec Wheel Properties entries gives an initialization problem, the other opens the driver window OK. However, the firmware version shown in the Update tab is 5731, so not 223 or 017.
  • Driver v277: one of the two Fanatec Wheel Properties entries gives an initialization problem, the other opens the driver window OK. However, the firmware version shown in the Update tab is 5731, so not 223 or 017.
    And exactly the same for driver 278. Windows7 64-bit.
    I know you know your stuff Remco...But I'm not having that Problem with Windows 10/64bit.
    both my tabs open up as they should...other than when i power cycle the wheel and have to restart the PC...but after a PC restart everything works as it should until i turn the wheel off then back on again.

windows 10/64bit Both update windows say
    Driver 277 Beta
    Firmware version 251

What windows are you using???If your on windows 7/64bit... I also have windows 7/64bit...Its on My Non gaming PC but i can check the wheel on it to see if i get same results...

Thank you for the feedback. We're working on it.

Another topic:
    There is a new alpha/beta version of Fanaleds now which should work with the CSW V2.5 -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jlv7dpreuynuam/SetupFanaLEDs_v2.4j.exe?dl=0
    Please keep in mind that this is no Fanatec software but I may have chance hand over feedback to the developers.
  • edited March 2017
    Thanks Armin \:D/

Windows 10/64bit I can confirm that Fanaleds/Rev Lights are working with the CSW v2.5 \m/
    I've had this happen on the last 3 firmware versions ,I just reflashed the firmware and its fine. Admin is this newer firmware you posted for the v2 as well or just the 2.5?
    Everything in this thread is for CSW V2 and V2.5 ;-)
  • Everything in this thread is for CSW V2 and V2.5 ;-)
    Hence the title name. =))
  • Working fanadels =D>
    I've had this happen on the last 3 firmware versions ,I just reflashed the firmware and its fine. Admin is this newer firmware you posted for the v2 as well or just the 2.5?
    I can confirm that re-flashing the FW with driver278 resolved the issue, FW on wheel is 251 and also in driver shows 251. Somehow the FW update went wrong the first time, as it showed 223/018 on the wheel so the motor firmware was of driver 278 but the main FW wasn't.
  • leon liuleon liu Member
    edited March 2017
    there is new problom , my v2.5 + 918wheel.
    in driver test wheel works fine. but in game it was not identified.
    i test USB2.0 3.0, win10 win 7, no use. 
    I doubt that steam controller problom. i will try again

cancel steam bigscreen controller set. 
    Leon, you still did not mention which FW version is installed on your base right now and you did not mention either which game you are talking about. Like this nobody can verify your feedback and we have no benefit from it :-/
This discussion has been closed.