Fanatec Beta Driver V277/V278 for CSW V2 and V2.5

13»

Comments

• leon liuleon liu Member
    edited March 2017
    now use driver 278 ,FW 251
    steam has themself controller manager.
    i used ps4 controller before, when i start game , steam only use ps4 controller. not use new controller(csw)
    so, i disable steam controller manager, csw works fine.

:P
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Leon,

where can I find this steam controller manager? If it gives problems to customers if they have other controllers connected we might should have a look at it.

THX!
  • steam up right , you can into steam bigscreen.
    click up right gear into set menu.
    you can see steam controller setup. 
    you can add or cancel a controller
  • edited March 2017
    Deleted
  • sorry my bad english.
    i used ps4 controller on PC, and added it to  steam controller in bigscreen.
    today i test my new csw and disconnect the ps4 controller. then game could not identified csw.
    and i found if a controller not add to steam, game could not use it.
    but i donot add csw to steam controller, just cancel steam controller, then csw works fine
  • Hi Leon,

where can I find this steam controller manager? If it gives problems to customers if they have other controllers connected we might should have a look at it.

THX!
    Armin the steam controller Menu is within the Big Picture Dash Settings....When i had it activated a while ago with the V2 the one of the Pedals i dont know which 1 it was would make the Screen switch or Make selections you did Not intend to make...it would then get stuck in the on position and keep Trying to Scroll or Make selections that you did Not want... From what i remember the wheel Buttons Could Not be Mapped with Steam Controller Feature.
    Does it only happen in big picture mode? I still don't know in which game that happens.
  • leon liuleon liu Member
    edited March 2017

for me all steam game. pcars ac rf2 etc. if you set steam controller, it is working when game started

I think that is steam problom

• edited March 2017
    Does it only happen in big picture mode? I still don't know in which game that happens.
    Its a Steam Big picture Mode problem...its something about how the pedals read in Big Picture Mode Only that Causes this to Happen... But if you Launch a Game from Steam while the problem is Happening then the Problem will carry over to what ever Game you open.... Solution Do Not use Steam Big Picture Mode and if you Do use Steam Big Picture Mode Do Not Press any Pedal... No Gas, No Bra ke, No Clutch while in Big Picture Mode Because this is what Causes the Problem to Start.

I have Not used Steam Big Picture since i know it is Not Friendly to the wheel and Pedal inputs... I use Regular Steam and Make All Selections with My Mouse and all is well and Everything works as it should this way. I Do Not Believe this to Be a Fanatec Driver or FW issue.... But it would be Nice if Some How Fanatec was able to work with Steam so we can use the on wheel Joy stick and wheel buttons to Navigate the Steam Menu and Make Selections.

Windows 10/64bit This issue was present with the CSW v2 wheel using Dr_250/FW_176 (This is the Dr/FW i use on v2 as it Gives Best Feel for Me).... I have Not used Steam Big Picture with the CSW v2.5.... I can Test it if you Need Me to Report Back but based on what leon liu is Reporting its the same issue v2 & v2.5.... Note: this issue For Me Only Occurred when Gas Brake or Clutch pedal was pressed while in Steam Big picture Mode... Its as if pressing a Pedal activates a input signal and it will Not turn Off.
  • it seems like if you setup steam controller, steam will not be used without a registered controller
  • Has anyone been able to properly calibrate a CSW v2.5 (with the latest beta driver) in Dirt Rally?

I can configure all inputs properly (handbrake, shifter, pedals and action buttons) but I cannot get the centre of the wheel to be properly configured at 0%. 

I have redone the process over and over again and I always end between 40% and 50% to the right. This means that the sensitivity/speed turning to the right is less accurate and has less travel then to the left.
    What is even more strange is that straight wheel inside a race is in fact straight but I believe I am getting different behaviour turning left or right.

Maybe this is just a placebo effect but with my previous Porsche Turbo S I could centre to 0%.

• Hallo zusammen,
    ich habe sehr viele Probleme mit diesem Produkt.
    Ich spiele auf der Xbox One S und auf dem PC Windows 10 pro.
    Mein Produkt von Fanatec ist die Base V2.5 mit dem Xbox Hub und einem Flat Lenkrad.
    Ich habe die Treiber Version 281 Beta und die Firmware 260.
    1. Beim Function Test:
    Wenn ich die Knöpfe drücke stimmen nicht alle überein. Beispiel: LB ist LSB, LSB ist LB, LSB ist RT, RT ist B, RB ist B
    Ist das so richtig?
    2. Settings:
    Wheel auf 900 und Damping auf 100? oder 0? Wenn ich auf 0 stelle speichert diese Einstellung nicht.
    Gibt es eine Anleitung wo ich lesen kann was die ganzen anderen Eistellungen beim Setting bewirken?
    3. Wenn ich auf der Xbox PCars spiele ist es immer wieder so das wenn ich das Rad 105 Grad drehe das im Spiel voller Lenkeinschlag ist.
    Instaliere ich die FW und Treiber neu, geht wieder alles. Starte ich das Spiel neu ist wieder das Problem da.
    4. Auf dem PC spiele ich gerne Raceroom. Auch hier muß ich immer aussprobieren welcher Lenkeinschlag passt. Mal geht 540 mal 720 mal 900. Woran kann das liegen ? Beim Thrustmaster musste ich das nicht machen.
    Ich habe das Produkt jetzt ca 4 Wochen. Bisher noch keine Stunde in der ich wirklich zufrieden war. Ich suche wirklich nach einer Lösung.
    Kann mir hier jemand helfen?
    Gruß und Dank
    Stefan Henkel
  • Hallo zusammen,
    Ich spiele auf der Xbox One S und auf dem PC Windows 10 pro.
    Mein Produkt von Fanatec ist die Base V2.5 mit dem Xbox Hub und einem Flat Lenkrad.
    Ich habe die Treiber Version 281 Beta und die Firmware 260.
    1. Beim Function Test:
    Wenn ich die Knöpfe drücke stimmen nicht alle überein. Beispiel: LB ist LSB, LSB ist LB, LSB ist RT, RT ist B, RB ist B
    Ist das so richtig?
    2. Settings:
    Wheel auf 900 und Damping auf 100? oder 0? Wenn ich auf 0 stelle speichert diese Einstellung nicht.
    Gibt es eine Anleitung wo ich lesen kann was die ganzen anderen Eistellungen beim Setting bewirken?
    3. Wenn ich auf der Xbox PCars spiele ist es immer wieder so das wenn ich das Rad 105 Grad drehe das im Spiel voller Lenkeinschlag ist.
    Instaliere ich die FW und Treiber neu, geht wieder alles. Starte ich das Spiel neu ist wieder das Problem da.
    4. Auf dem PC spiele ich gerne Raceroom. Auch hier muß ich immer aussprobieren welcher Lenkeinschlag passt. Mal geht 540 mal 720 mal 900. Woran kann das liegen ? Beim Thrustmaster musste ich das nicht machen.
    Ich habe das Produkt jetzt ca 4 Wochen. Bisher noch keine Stunde in der ich wirklich zufrieden war. Ich suche wirklich nach einer Lösung.
    Kann mir hier jemand helfen?
    Gruß und Dank
    Stefan Henkel
    FYI forum rules say to post in English only.
    edited April 2017
    Hi Stefan,

sorry but this is no support forum. Why don't you go to the support chat to get your questions answered immediately? You will be able to talk in Germany to the support team. The tuning settings are explained in the manual of the Wheel Base. The button mapping on PC and XBO is not identical. Please check the UHX manual.
  • Hallo Armin,
    ja das habe ich gemacht. Vom Support am Telefon habe ich nur eine Mail mit einem Link zu diesem Forum bekommen.
    Tut mir leid. Den Support Chat habe ich noch nie ereichen können.
This discussion has been closed.