Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited July 2017 in Blog

The CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4 is available in our webshop from today and it is the first Fanatec® racing wheel which is officially licensed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE) for PlayStation®4.

In the press release we will talk about the specs and features but most of you already know our products well so let me tell you some inside information.

The Wheel Base
The base looks obviously very similar to our CSL Elite Wheel base, but there are some significant differences.
  • As this is an officially licensed product we added some electronics provided by Sony and this ensures that the racing wheel is properly recognized by the console
  • The motor driver electronics are completely different to the CSL Elite Wheel Base and the same as on the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5.
  • The motor itseld and the power supply is also identical to the CS WB V2.5 but because of the diffferent gear ratio, this wheel base has less torque but more speed.
The Steering Wheel
The steering wheel of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel also looks familiar but we improved it significantly on several points over the existing CSL P1 Steering Wheel.
  • It now comes with perforated genuine leather and suede fabric with blue stitching.
  • The weight is now reduced to 970g which makes it the lightest steering wheel in our range. This increases acceleration and consumes less torque.
  • The shifter paddles have been re-designed and now include Snaptron® snapdomes. They deliver a sensational positive and strong click feeling.
  • The buttons are now interchangeable so you can use easy symbols to remember the mapping of your most important racing game functions.
Please note that the steering wheel will not be sold separately for now.

Compatibility
By working really closely with SIEE on the development of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel we have been able to integrate features that we know racing fans on the PS4 will be able to appreciate, including: 
  • Fully supported within the PS4 console menu.
  • Enables advanced functionality with select upcoming compatible games, including GT Sport.
  • The CSL E RW is backwards compatible to all games which were compatible to the CS WB V2 with the help of a compatibility mode. It will work fine in the game but not in the system menu of the console.
  •  Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 are the first fully compatible titels and many more will follow. This includes F1 2017, Project Cars II and of course GT Sport.
Availability
At the moment the CSL Elite Racing Wheel is only available in Europe and Australia but we are exploring the possibility of expanding the availability into further markets. 

The orders will be shipped right away. 

We will also have a special introduction bundle which will be attractive especially to new customers. For just 519,95 € you get a complete set with CSL Elite Pedals.

More info and a video to be posted soon.

How do you like it?

UPDATE 1

We just signed the agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC about selling this wheel in the US. Now we need to make new packaging and produce products and get all of that apporved so we are still some time away from shipping it to customers in the US but we will get there.

We have also developed a new firmware which gets rid of the clunky noise in some games. It will be adjustable through a Tuning parameter and is currently under beta testing.

Comments

• BOOM! My order is placed along with new pedals.

Thank you.
  • Justin GayJustin Gay Member
    edited May 2017
    I love it. I just wish I could order it. Let me know when I can order it in the US. I'll be upgrading my pedals from CSV1 to V3 at the same time. Thank you for making this compatible to my BMW and F1 rims!  Much appreciated.
  • Is this compatible with the CSL seat? I know the xbox CSL base wasn't.

• Ordered
  • Hahaha nice.
    And the wait begins again for the US market.
  • I will bite my tounge and admit this actually looks more promising than I thought it would.  I am interested in just the wheel base if this becomes an option for North America.

Regards Thomas
  • Steven McSwanSteven McSwan Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi Thomas great news about the PS4 base how do you order the base only ??, I've already got a couple of wheels & pedals , thanks
  • waited all this time and now Us customers left out in the cold? man what a cruel joke!! Now how long do we have to wait??????????
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    waited all this time and now Us customers left out in the cold? man what a cruel joke!! Now how long do we have to wait??????????
    We cannot promise anything but there will be no technical changes to make. It is mostly business related and rather a matter of procedures.
  • waited all this time and now Us customers left out in the cold? man what a cruel joke!! Now how long do we have to wait??????????
    We cannot promise anything but there will be no technical changes to make. It is mostly business related and rather a matter of procedures.
    Guess the only choice I have is to keep waiting. what a bummer
  • @Thomas.... Just one easy question...Does it have a PS3 mode? 

Thanks.

• edited May 2017
    Nice
  • Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited May 2017
    As it is only available as set (wheel and base) I´m out. I like the multi platform compatibility but paying for a rim I don´t use (I own BMW GT, Formula and Porsche 918 rim) is not an option. Sell the base separately and I think again downgrading from CSW V2+Cronus Max...

And with this bullet written down at the product page I wonder if my CSP V3 would be supported for long time. 
    • Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals except CSL Elite Pedals are not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc
    price wise it is maybe a good catch for Fanatec newbies, but as a long time customer (since GT3 RS wheel) I think the price delta to the CSW V 2.5 is too low and compared to the CSL Elite Xbox one it is too high.
  • This wheel looks really good, unfortunately this time I went with a leo bodnar 54 wheel and with GIMX I get full comparability with PS4. But if in the future I need a PS4 wheel I know where to look, congrats Thomas on this wheel.
  • How do I order it with the Csl elite pedals for 519,95€? Can't see a bundle on the web site and if I just put them in the shopping cart separately it shows the normal price for the pedals.
  • ok I'm in the USA as well and currently painting(hate painting :-p) my apartment so hopefully when done(gonna take a long time haha) an announcement for USA customers will happen. In the meantime I will be nice to my DFGT ;)
  • Hello thomas, i know the theme about the dd base is not right here in the thread, but because of the actuality you maybe read my answer here.  

at first congratulations for the new ps4 base, very good competitive package ! 

can you say something how far the developpement of the dd base is ?

it's beeing very quiet, from your last comments about the dd base in the virtualracing are now 6 months past.

is it still in developpement ?

when yes, will it release this year ?  

when you don't wanna answer here in the thread, because the theme should be the ps4 base, maybe you can write something in virtualracing.org forum in the actual thread '' FANATEC DIRECT DRIVE infothread ''  

me and many other will be very happy to hear something from you !!!!

thanks Thomas !!
  • Ordered. Cant wait to join the Fanatec family again. looks awesome!!! It killed me when i had to get rid of my £1500 worth of Fanatec gear due to no Playstation compatibility. Well done Thomas. Glad you and Sony figured it out.
  • Congrats Thomas/Fanatec team \:D/

• How do I order it with the Csl elite pedals for 519,95€? Can't see a bundle on the web site and if I just put them in the shopping cart separately it shows the normal price for the pedals.
    First page under the rolling pages easy pre order pres that

Nope.. I can only see the racing wheel for 499,95€ and pedals for 89,95€. No bundles anywhere to be found in the English EU-site. Strange.. 
  • Think its the xbox version they had put in there
    sorry

How do I order it with the Csl elite pedals for 519,95€? Can't see a bundle on the web site and if I just put them in the shopping cart separately it shows the normal price for the pedals.

Nope.. I can only see the racing wheel for 499,95€ and pedals for 89,95€. No bundles anywhere to be found in the English EU-site. Strange.. 

• I've beta tested this product and it's AWESOME!!!!! My V2 has become my no 2 wheelbase. This baby is here to stay. No more drag, enough detailed feel. And in AC on ps4 the Rev lightning used is truly fabulous. Base lights are used and when over revving the red light on PS rim lights up. And even the speed is seen on the ps wheel display. Switching trough the different wheel modes is possible on the fly, so you don't need the controller to go back to PS home, to... For example close game application or go to chat party. Just press mode button and your good. Nothing but positive things about this wheel. And also, the ps wheel is much much more comfortable as the P1 wheel ;)

How is the quick release on the p1 rim ??

• How about the promised discount for V2 owner?
  • Thomas please specify this point:

Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals except CSL Elite Pedals are not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

Does this mean that support for ClubSport Pedals V3 depends on game developers? Or they will always work, however, is not always fully use its potencial (for the example: vibration feedback - because its depends by game?)?

Compatibilities for CSL Elite Pedals is the same as for CSL Elite Pedals LC?

Sorry for my English :(
  • Will the base also be sold separately, without steering wheel? I already got bmw and formula! If you send me an CSL elite base, i will return the V2, i do not have time to put it on sale :smiley: If it was ps4 compatible as when I bought it, now I would not have any problems. :-w
  • Will the base also be sold separately, without steering wheel? I already got bmw and formula! If you send me an CSL elite base, i will return the V2, i do not have time to put it on sale :smiley: If it was ps4 compatible as when I bought it, now I would not have any problems. :-w
    What's not to understand in this sentence? Quote from above.. Please note that the steering wheel will not be sold separately FOR NOW.
  • Sold my Clubsport base v2 only to find out the USA got left out. Like many others have done and go buy that Thrustmaster crap Wheel, I'm all set on that. I guess It's time sell my Clubsport V3 Pedals and my Clubsport V1.5 SQ Shifter go back the controller. Thanks, Fanatec. 
  • @Antoine Goossens Sorry, english is not my language. This is what I understood: the steering wheel can not be bought alone for now. But does not refer to the base and I was worried.
  • Sold my Clubsport base v2 only to find out the USA got left out. Like many others have done and go buy that Thrustmaster crap Wheel, I'm all set on that. I guess It's time sell my Clubsport V3 Pedals and my Clubsport V1.5 SQ Shifter go back the controller. Thanks, Fanatec. 

Dont need to sell the pedals thrustmaster and basherbord u can use together Thrustmaster and Fanatec pedals into basherboard and into ps 4 that works