Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• All those playstation questions can not see the point of a dd wheel on a arcade machine
    This is like saying: So what's the point of driving a Porsche or Ferrari outside of Germany with all those speed limits? 

Perhaps you still enjoy quality and driving is a lot of fun although you cannot use 100% of what the car is capable?
    Not to mention.. A PS4 is just a specialized PC that is meant for gaming. The PS4 also manages to completely embarrass all other PC sims graphically with GT Sport.

I absolutely look forward to the possibility of running the Podium series on my "arcade machine" and also on my PC even though the PC sims look so terrible in comparison.
  • edited February 2018
    Thomas said:
    Full Implementation of the CSL ELite Racing Wheel in GTS (blue mode) I have received an update from Polyphony and got the confirmation that the wheel is already implemented in the code and that they are fine tuning it. Unfortunately I did not get any confirmation when this change will be patched to the game.
    Maybe in the upcomming GTS upgrade this week...? The fine tuning shouldn't take too long.
  • Ersan Kap said:
    Hello, will it be possible to use Podium DD wheelbases on a desk? If so Table Clamp v2 will be compatible with it?
    I've tried the new DD base at the Sim Expo last year. It'll tare your desk to pieces with a table clamb. LMAO
  • Thomas said:
    Full Implementation of the CSL ELite Racing Wheel in GTS (blue mode) I have received an update from Polyphony and got the confirmation that the wheel is already implemented in the code and that they are fine tuning it. Unfortunately I did not get any confirmation when this change will be patched to the game.
    Maybe in the upcomming GTS upgrade this week...? The fine tuning shouldn't take too long.

Thomas said:
    Guess we'll find out by the morning. I really hope It's in this patch (1.13) Forever waiting for this.
  • Still no native Fanatec wheel support in the V.1.13 Update of GT Sport!!! „... already implemented in the (game‘s) code...“ Great new confirmation from PD you got.... we have to wait again and again and again. Maybe you could get PD some help with the „finetuning“.... but i doubt they give a sh... for your company and its customers.
  • I'm a Japanese player. About 2 hours ago, V.1.13 was released and installed. But I can't find setting configuration of CSL Elite... Huh..
  • Polyphony and Sony , They are just a group of swindlers
  • Still no native Fanatec wheel support in the V.1.13 Update of GT Sport!!! „... already implemented in the (game‘s) code...“ Great new confirmation from PD you got.... we have to wait again and again and again. Maybe you could get PD some help with the „finetuning“.... but i doubt they give a sh... for your company and its customers.
    Thomas, is very sad all this....

I don't know now, who is less professional, PD or Fanatec, or both of you?
    I think for the respect of your customers (both of you) you should give a realistic deadline and real update of how the situation is.
    Don't forget that WE ARE your customers (for both of you) and without selling to us your incompatible products you wouldn't be here selling them.

We speak about a driving simulation game + a driving wheel which naturally is needed for driving the cars in the game.
    So, as we speak today, the code is not yet implemented, a lot of customers bought both PD and Fanatec products but guess what? We have to use the driving wheel in the driving simulation game in COMPATIBILITY MODE!!!! Which sucks for many reasons and I can't accept Fanatec's position by telling us that the wheel works perfectly and we should have fun with it as it is.... Thomas, did you ever played this game with your wheels? I am just wondering....

We all paid more than 650 euros for a high end product which doesn't perfectly function as it should. The center feeling of the wheel is awful and the oscillation on the straight lines is ridiculous and Force Feedback is inaccurate as well.

We kindly ask you for a fast feedback about the situation.

Thanks in advance.
  • Why do you blame Fanatec? Thomas believes in PD. But PD cheated him. That's the truth.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I can only tell you the info I get from Japan and whatever they told me I told you. Of course we are trying to get more detailed info but PD is not committing to any specific timeline yet. 

I know that the wait can be frustrating but there is really nothing we can do on our side. 

• I have 3 Fanatec products and I really believe in him if not I wouldn't have bought the CSL ELITE some weeks ago but, I think it's his hardware which has to be PERFECTLY IMPLEMENTED into the software of guess what? A driving game! For me has really no sense all this! PD's behavior is very bad and unprofessional and I think Fanatec must take a strong and professional position on this! You know why, because their products are high end and very professional and I can't accept this situation all the time.

I am sure for us is easy to talk and blame here but at the end I don't forget the money already paid and I don't want to find myself with a wheel loosing it's value and waiting to be used properly under the dust. Months are flowing away, new wheels will come out and I paid for an entertainment product to have some fun now. Not in 6 or more months!

Another solution is to find something else on the game side... but what? I am a PS4 owner and the alternatives are not so many. I read a lot of negative reviews on the other driving games which I don't want to name here... :(
  • I can only tell you the info I get from Japan and whatever they told me I told you. Of course we are trying to get more detailed info but PD is not committing to any specific timeline yet. 

I know that the wait can be frustrating but there is really nothing we can do on our side. 

Hi Thomas and thanks for getting back.

I am not angry with you but with the situation in general. You have such a high end and fantastic product and is unacceptable not being in the top list in the PD's game. Every time the same story... I really can't get this.

Probably all the FANATEC owners we could all sign a letter which you could write and send it to PD asking for a professional and responsible support from their part...

I am sorry for all this.
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello guys. I agree that nearly in march 2018, AFTER a long time of the release of Gran Turismo Sport it gets really silly and ridiculous how PD is fooling all of us around. I really don't blame Fanatec for it, I blame PD and SONY for the disaster.
    The purple compatibility mode was just ment as a short term solution and is now for way too long reality. The oscillation, the feel and yes the wrong FFB, just crap.
    I agree on that with Dyonysios.....it is just lame.

Shame on PD who tries to keep the Fanatec customers standing in the rain as long as possible, just to support the deal with Thrustmaster for their stupid overpriced wheels.

• they will most likely stretch it until the contract with Thrustmaster is over...
  • Thanks for your updates, Thomas!

People underestimate the amount of time it takes to roll out software changes. If Polyphony Digital is on a monthly roll-out schedule, they're probably currently working on things that are about to hit the streets two or three months from now. If they were fine tuning things last week, no way the changes could have made it through quality assurance in time for this release. Also, I assume politics are in play as well: with PD having their deal with the Thrustmaster GT wheel and with basic support for CSLE in place, they're probably not in a hurry to support a competitor. And tbh I'm having quite a bit of fun in GT Sport - even in compatibility mode!

@Thomas: The ClubSport Pedals v3i product page lists game compatibility for PC, but not for PS4.
    It would be really great if that information could be added!

Reason I ask is that the pedal rumble feature specifically does not work (at all or correctly) in the blue mode games I have played (DiRT4 and Project Cars II). Holding my breath for GT Sport's blue mode, of course. I'm more worried for pedal rumble support than I am for wheel support, to be honest. Do you know if devs (Codemasters, SMS, PD) are working to implement this feature for PS4?

• edited February 2018
    I can wait until Sony/PD will release the already technically working Fanatec wheel support and meanwhile race some other sims in stead. My GT Sport is eating dust at the moment. AC, Pcars, RFactor2 work very well together with my CSL Elite. 

Like others already mentioned this has more to do with marketing, dollars/euros/yen, David vs Goliath etc.
    Thrustmaster also wants to sell more new so called 'high end gear'...
  • I can wait until Sony/PD will release the already technically working Fanatec wheel support and meanwhile race some other sims in stead. My GT Sport is eating dust at the moment. AC, Pcars, RFactor2 work very well together with my CSL Elite. 

Like others already mentioned this has more to do with marketing, dollars/euros/yen, David vs Goliath etc.
    Thrustmaster also wants to sell more new so called 'high end gear'...
    Brian, how is the Pcars 2 and AC gaming experience for you?

Thanks!

Dionysios -
  • edited February 2018
    There is no beautiful GT logo on the Fanatec wheel but on this Thrustmaster wheel. That seems to be the simple reason for this nice PD 'strategy'...
  • edited February 2018

Brian, how is the Pcars 2 and AC gaming experience for you?

Thanks!

Dionysios -
    I just love it. Both of them! Works very well together with the CSL Elite as well as my other simgear on PC (Oculus VR, NLR v3 motion platform). 
  • Finished with GT Sport... and my last console as well. Only pc from now. I've had it with this rip off!
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited February 2018
    I am also done with the consoles for Sim Racing. I have Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, GTS and Project Cars 2 for the PS4, but ALL of these games are very limited on the console. 
    Compared to it, all PC versions are better, have more content and are compatible with all FANATEC gear without any problems. In the near future I want to buy a good gaming PC for Sim racing, especially because I got addicted to VR, which is also very limited on the PS4, BUT honestly it is a lot of fun with the PS4 Pro and PSVR to "sit inside" the cars in 3D and have the immersion. But yes.....the PS4 ( even the Pro is too weak for a really good VR experience ), so I will move to the PC once the HTC VIVE PRO is available.
    The coming ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE from Kunos is another good reason to move to the more serious platform PC for Sim Racing.
  • leon liu said:
    Why do you blame Fanatec? Thomas believes in PD. But PD cheated him. That's the truth.
    PD didn't "cheat" anyone. You are so completely ridiculous it really isn't even worth mentioning, but.. Software development isn't easy. It requires time, and testing, and more time, and more testing, and more and more time, and more and more testing.

The amount of speculation and absolute wild non-sense that gets spewed in the sim racing community is an absolute joke. People just constantly set themselves up for disappointment with their ridiculous speculation.

They have told Thomas it is being worked on, there is no reason to think it won't be released as soon as possible. If you think you have been "tricked" or manipulated in anyway, you are a moron, plain and simple. 
  • leon liu said:
    Why do you blame Fanatec? Thomas believes in PD. But PD cheated him. That's the truth.
    PD didn't "cheat" anyone. You are so completely ridiculous it really isn't even worth mentioning, but.. Software development isn't easy. It requires time, and testing, and more time, and more testing, and more and more time, and more and more testing.

The amount of speculation and absolute wild non-sense that gets spewed in the sim racing community is an absolute joke. People just constantly set themselves up for disappointment with their ridiculous speculation.

They have told Thomas it is being worked on, there is no reason to think it won't be released as soon as possible. If you think you have been "tricked" or manipulated in anyway, you are a moron, plain and simple. 
    Yes. I am.
    Last year PD promised to support .It's already March. Fanatec has become an object of resent. It's not fair

• Andrew Hake said:

Software development isn't easy. It requires time, and testing, and more time, and more testing, and more and more time, and more and more testing.
    I thinks it's not just about how long software development takes. It is also about PD's motivation to support a certain product or not. And there are at lot of possibilities to influence this motivation. Of course money...
  • PD didn't "cheat" anyone. You are so completely ridiculous it really isn't even worth mentioning, but.. Software development isn't easy. It requires time, and testing, and more time, and more testing, and more and more time, and more and more testing.

Not nice to call someone "a moron" who has made a statement based on Kaz/PD promises... you gave me the evidence that there is a lot of non-sense talk in the sim racing community by posting your message, plain and simple...
  • Wooooooooo, it’s a normal process in a Relations with company’s, if there have a contract with Thrustmaster there need to sell there product in the best way. So, honestly they don’t need to implement Fanatec, its a addon. But when they saying it will come, it come earlier or sooner, like the dd wheel or the mc Laren Wheel, or a Trabi in the 80´s. It works super in g29 Modus, and the whoopeling is also at pc2....
  • edited March 2018
    Herrybo said:
    Wooooooooo, it’s a normal process in a Relations with company’s, if there have a contract with Thrustmaster there need to sell there product in the best way. So, honestly they don’t need to implement Fanatec, its a addon. But when they saying it will come, it come earlier or sooner, like the dd wheel or the mc Laren Wheel, or a Trabi in the 80´s. It works super in g29 Modus, and the whoopeling is also at pc2....
    I don't know what you mean with super? have you ever tried AC? that my friend is super ;)
    GT sport is ok for now with compatibility mode thanks to Fanatec's workaround but deff. not super.  
  • Herrybo said:
    Wooooooooo, it’s a normal process in a Relations with company’s, if there have a contract with Thrustmaster there need to sell there product in the best way. So, honestly they don’t need to implement Fanatec, its a addon. But when they saying it will come, it come earlier or sooner, like the dd wheel or the mc Laren Wheel, or a Trabi in the 80´s. It works super in g29 Modus, and the whoopeling is also at pc2....
    I don't know what you mean with super? have you ever tried AC? that my friend is super ;)
    GT sport is ok for now with compatibility mode thanks to Fanatec's workaround but deff. not super.  
    Yes I tried PC2, AC, IRacing, F1 and all the Race Games, but why you think it will be a Game Changer when there Implement the Wheel? Do you think it will change the FFB and the Physics of Gran Turismo? No. AC is not GT...... did you play GT Sport with a G29? Does the FFB feel so much different? It will change nothing when GT implement the Wheel. 
  • edited March 2018
    I understand and yes you are right. you won't be able to compare it to other games like ac etc. but @ this point you only have a little feedback resistance in corners and that's it. there is little to no road texture feel, curbs etc. nothing. i have no experience with other wheels using GT-sport but i bet there is more than what is offered now using compatebility mode. would be astonished if the T-GT has the same feedback detail if we have now with g29 mode. so yes i think there is def. room for improvement. nothing to do with the wheel itself. it's great.
  • PD didn't "cheat" anyone. You are so completely ridiculous it really isn't even worth mentioning, but.. Software development isn't easy. It requires time, and testing, and more time, and more testing, and more and more time, and more and more testing.

Not nice to call someone "a moron" who has made a statement based on Kaz/PD promises... you gave me the evidence that there is a lot of non-sense talk in the sim racing community by posting your message, plain and simple...
    Yes unfortunately I am not very nice to morons. Kaz/PD hasn't broken any "promise" they have given. People are just completely delusional and speculative and expect all their ridiculous delusions to come true because they have dreamt them into existence, and then they are angry and upset when they don't.