Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• Yes, Games it's difficult to develop. KAZ promised to do it in 2017.He doesn't know how far he works?and it can't be done.
    well,KAZ promised Thomas,not us. Thomas believes in KAZ, and we believe in Thomas.
    I also sincerely thank you for your understanding of PD and KAZ.

• Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree with ROBERT SCHOOLBRED.
    I also don't like the FFB in GTS with my CSL Elite. Robert complains correctly about the non existent feel of any surface textures and curbs in the wheel in GTS which I get in AC much more.
    The oscillation is weird but not the biggest problem when you hold your wheel firmly in your hands, but the nearly non existent FFB is the most downside of this non existent software code for the CSL Elite in GTS....and YES I do also expect much FFB improvement once the wheel will be implemented in the game.
  • Personally, I decided against getting PS4 when I discovered they wouldn't allow my V2 base, just couldn't see going to a CSL base from a club sport.  That said, it's sad Fanatec is officially licensed, yet gets such poor support from an exclusive title like GT, Sony should demand better from PD. I went to PC, and never looked back, I don't even race on XB1 anymore since I got my Oculus Rift.
  • How will the podium dd wheels compare to a osw?
  • Yes unfortunately I am not very nice to morons. Kaz/PD hasn't broken any "promise" they have given. People are just completely delusional and speculative and expect all their ridiculous delusions to come true because they have dreamt them into existence, and then they are angry and upset when they don't.
    You seem not to be aware of the fact that Kaz/PD initially promised to implement the wheel before the end of 2017... in the meantime the one who is dreaming, speculating and acting angry and upset, is you. would you call yourself a moron now? I don't think so. So why doing that to others? maybe it would be better next time to ask yourself if it's not you the one who is ignoring a fact before you write disrespectful comments...
  • Very well said TONY IGLESIAS....I agree 100% with your comment. Thanks for saying frankly and wise.
  • Will the podium be as strong as the osw I ask because I have the obuttor3volution cockpit and the osw is to strong for m y cockpit.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Will the podium be as strong as the osw I ask because I have the obuttor3volution cockpit and the osw is to strong for m y cockpit.
    I leave it up tp others to make comparisons but let me tell you that our DDs are brutal beasts and you need to be in a good physical condition to drive at full power. 

But of course you can turn down the power so that your cockpit does not fall apart. It still feels great.
  • Will the podium be as strong as the osw I ask because I have the obuttor3volution cockpit and the osw is to strong for m y cockpit.
    I leave it up tp others to make comparisons but let me tell you that our DDs are brutal beasts and you need to be in a good physical condition to drive at full power. 

But of course you can turn down the power so that your cockpit does not fall apart. It still feels great.
    there will be 2 version of the podium won't there ? Will the the weaker version of the podium dd wheel be about 10-15nm of toquce?
  • Also with the podium dd wheels could you mount them from the bottom rather then the side like it was shown at simracing expo last year?
    Besides the sidemounts there are the three mounting holes on the bottom as you find on our current wheel bases as well.

You can reduce the torque of both wheel bases so that they will fit in your 10-15 NM range. I cannot give out any detailed specs at this point.
  • Besides the sidemounts there are the three mounting holes on the bottom as you find on our current wheel bases as well.

You can reduce the torque of both wheel bases so that they will fit in your 10-15 NM range. I cannot give out any detailed specs at this point.
    so you thick the weaker smallest version of your podium dd wheel will suit me best?
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited March 2018
    I have a hard time imagining the version with less torque not being a good choice for almost anybody. I would expect the smaller motor to offer better speed and at least equal fidelity compared to the stronger motor. Maybe someone simulating oval racing might find greater torque more realistic? Other than greater torque, what advantage could the stronger one provide? Perhaps a stronger motor might provide a greater life expectancy since it would be running at a lower percentage of its max power?
    We expect the smaller one to be our best seller and it already has a ton more torque, acceleration and speed as the CSW V2.5 which was already too strong for many people.

The big one is like a Bugatti. Way too much for daily use but plenty of reserve to avoid clipping in any situation. It is also great if the gym is too boring for you 
    :P
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes unfortunately I am not very nice to morons. Kaz/PD hasn't broken any "promise" they have given. People are just completely delusional and speculative and expect all their ridiculous delusions to come true because they have dreamt them into existence, and then they are angry and upset when they don't.
    You seem not to be aware of the fact that Kaz/PD initially promised to implement the wheel before the end of 2017... in the meantime the one who is dreaming, speculating and acting angry and upset, is you. would you call yourself a moron now? I don't think so. So why doing that to others? maybe it would be better next time to ask yourself if it's not you the one who is ignoring a fact before you write disrespectful comments...
    Kaz/PD didn't promise anything... They told Fanatec that implementation was planned, they are hoping to finish before end of 2017, but don't have any eta at the moment. Once again delusional people inventing new facts. No comment was ever made publicly by Kaz/PD about anything. I have been following this since well before anything was mentioned by Thomas and I put in my order for the CSL PS4 the moment it became available. I have been waiting for full implementation as long as anyone. You can continue to be angry and speculate about something you don't know anything about, or you can just choose to be patient and wait for PD to deliver full support, which they said they are working on and will have as soon as possible. Bitching about it in the Fanatec forum isn't helping anyone and goes completely unheard by PD anyway.
  • We expect the smaller one to be our best seller and it already has a ton more torque, acceleration and speed as the CSW V2.5 which was already too strong for many people.

The big one is like a Bugatti. Way too much for daily use but plenty of reserve to avoid clipping in any situation. It is also great if the gym is too boring for you 
    So Thomas basically what you are saying is the the smaller podium dd wheel is compared to the small mige motor osw and the large podium dd wheel is compared to the large mige motor osw?
  • We expect the smaller one to be our best seller and it already has a ton more torque, acceleration and speed as the CSW V2.5 which was already too strong for many people.

I have a thrustmaster ts pc racer now and I am not impressed with it at all so I guess the smaller podium dd wheel will be a massive jump for me won't it.
  • my csl elite ps4 works really fine. Im one of the fools who try to race "sim technical" on ps4. Maybe a PC will follow soon. (my friends stick to PS4 after a hard day of work) Iam a little bit sad becaus of the shaky center positon in GT Sport so i stick with Assetto Corsa for the first time. My last Wheel was the t300 with the 599 xx Alcantara Rim and its a solid improvement. So thanks Fanatec, youve done a great Job. 

Also i have al last question, can you set the ps4 button to the Fanatec HUB? LG Dirk 

Then I suggest you rename the biggest version with a catchy sport name like the body fit DD or muscle DD ;-)
  • Well, i think that the Podium will outperform the OSW system, maybe not from the start but after on for sure and here is why.

Direct Drive wheels pretty much matters most on the software, taking the fact that Fanatec has build the hardware properly with good specs and controllers + this is dedicated servo for Simracing so there is no way this motor to be at least not as good as a MiGe. Then we take the fact the big user base they will get with quality feedback, then the support from all the sims on the board with further development of DDs and be sure Fanatec will always get the better support compare to OSW or Leo Bodnar with just Plug and Play FFB. My only concern probably will be durability as we know most likely getting one DD you are set for life, coz there isn't anything really that will outperform it or if it does the difference will be so mediocre that it wont worth much. Anyway the Podium will be licensed for commercial use and things for that purpose are build to be exploited and we know if Germans want to make stuff unbreakable as a Golf, they are they only ones who can make it, without costing a fortune.

I was going to pull the trigger on OSW, but i backed off. I'm not really patient, but i'll wait and i'll probably pre-order the Podium without waiting for the first reviews, somehow i have the feeling it will be worth the wait and the resources.
  • Thomas/Fanatec could you provide the dimensions for the DD wheel bases EX: will it use the same mounting holes that the V2.5 uses??? How Much bigger is the wheel base than the V2.5 ---> will the wheel Rim sit further out than the V2.5 or will it be the same??? I ask this because i dont want to buy the DD wheel and have to change My whole Rig around at the last Minute ---> I just bought the RSeat N1 and want to have time to put together a Idea of what i may Need to do to mount the DD wheel for best comfort for all day racing sessions this is very important because for Me finding the right comfort Zone between arms to wheel position with the right amount of leg space takes a Huge amount of time. Thanks
  • Thomas/Fanatec could you provide the dimensions for the DD wheel bases EX: will it use the same mounting holes that the V2.5 uses??? How Much bigger is the wheel base than the V2.5 ---> will the wheel Rim sit further out than the V2.5 or will it be the same??? I ask this because i dont want to buy the DD wheel and have to change My whole Rig around at the last Minute ---> I just bought the RSeat N1 and want to have time to put together a Idea of what i may Need to do to mount the DD wheel for best comfort for all day racing sessions this is very important because for Me finding the right comfort Zone between arms to wheel position with the right amount of leg space takes a Huge amount of time. Thanks
    "Besides the sidemounts there are the three mounting holes on the bottom as you find on our current wheel bases as well." Thomas worlds......
  • edited March 2018
    Thomas/Fanatec could you provide the dimensions for the DD wheel bases EX: will it use the same mounting holes that the V2.5 uses??? How Much bigger is the wheel base than the V2.5 ---> will the wheel Rim sit further out than the V2.5 or will it be the same??? I ask this because i dont want to buy the DD wheel and have to change My whole Rig around at the last Minute ---> I just bought the RSeat N1 and want to have time to put together a Idea of what i may Need to do to mount the DD wheel for best comfort for all day racing sessions this is very important because for Me finding the right comfort Zone between arms to wheel position with the right amount of leg space takes a Huge amount of time. Thanks
    "Besides the sidemounts there are the three mounting holes on the bottom as you find on our current wheel bases as well." Thomas worlds......
    its hard to judge from the Videos about the side mounts ...My main concern is how far will the wheel base Hub/Shaft with Rim will stick out :-B
  • Tony IglesiasTony Iglesias Member
    edited March 2018
    Kaz/PD didn't promise anything... They told Fanatec that implementation was planned, they are hoping to finish before end of 2017, but don't have any eta at the moment. Once again delusional people inventing new facts. No comment was ever made publicly by Kaz/PD about anything. I have been following this since well before anything was mentioned by Thomas and I put in my order for the CSL PS4 the moment it became available. I have been waiting for full implementation as long as anyone. You can continue to be angry and speculate about something you don't know anything about, or you can just choose to be patient and wait for PD to deliver full support, which they said they are working on and will have as soon as possible. Bitching about it in the Fanatec forum isn't helping anyone and goes completely unheard by PD anyway.
    Just as a reminder, original statements from Thomas:

"They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year."

And:

"about an update for advanced GTS compatibility I would have told him that Polyphony promised us that it will happen in 2017 but apparantly they did not make it yet."

Strange, can't see anywhere "Kaz/PD didn't promise anything" or "hoping to finish before end of 2017"

Maybe you have access to Tomas email account?
    Or you are in direct contact with Kaz/PD?
    Most probably you are just inventing false facts, just like you are accusing others to so.

Btw, no idea why you mention that I should choose to be patient since I am perfectly patient. Can you show me 1 comment from me where I state that I'm not patient? I've always told that even knowing the CSL will get better with proper support, I pretty much enjoy the experience the wheel is giving me right now in GTS. I mentioned it in Fanatec forums like I did in other forums...

Just in case you might be a bit short minded (I might be wrong on that, but who knows), My first answer to your comment was referring to your disrespectful comment to another user who was commenting real facts, as you can see above in this comment. I never mentioned that I wasn't patient nor I was "bitching" about the CSL still not being implemented in GTS.

I this comment as stated above, I just remind you that you are inventing statements straight out of your imagination by posting comments like:

"Promise anything" or "hoping to finish before end of 2017"

Last but not least, in some forums they call people who are acting disrespectful, inventing facts and accusing others of things they have never said or done, simply trolls. In your case I wouldn't go that far but sorry to tell you that, your behaviour here is pretty close to the ones of so called trolls, just my 2 cents...
  • edited March 2018

I dont know if this question was already asked but im interested if there are any new wheels and/or pedals coming for the new DD base. If not I could already buy some pedals and stuff so i dont have to w8 until summer to get it. Also is it possible to get a table mount for the new DD base or is it Rig-Only.

Last but not least, is it possible to buy the Mclaren GT3 after the full release.

Thx for any response

• I dont know if this question was already asked but im interested if there are any new wheels and/or pedals coming for the new DD base. If not I could already buy some pedals and stuff so i dont have to w8 until summer to get it. Also is it possible to get a table mount for the new DD base or is it Rig-Only.

Last but not least, is it possible to buy the Mclaren GT3 after the full release.

Thx for any response

Hey Fabian,

yes there will be new rims and pedals and shifters etc. coming for the new Podium Series. But I don't think this summer. I wouldn't recommend mounting any DD Wheel to a desk,but that is just my opinion. And yes after the pre orders are done the Mclaren Wheel will be for normal sale :)

• I dont know if this question was already asked but im interested if there are any new wheels and/or pedals coming for the new DD base. If not I could already buy some pedals and stuff so i dont have to w8 until summer to get it. Also is it possible to get a table mount for the new DD base or is it Rig-Only.

Thx for any response

Hi Fabian, for shure will be news wheels for the podium series, I will bet for Porsche...... and you just will need to change the release system in the McLaren, on the pedals site din't hear nothing but in that matter you have 2 solid configurations in the CSL Elite Pedals and the Club Sport v3 there's no way to make a mistake in the election of anyone, in the part of the base Thomas said the podium will have the same three holes the others base have so you can access to the same actual clamps (just my perception) but you will need a very solid table to mannage all that torque. 

Hope can help you!!!!! See you in the track!!!!!

• ...in the part of the base Thomas said the podium will have the same three holes the others base have...
    It's exactly this kind of a small detail I really like. Thomas and his crew are showing a great sense of understanding their customer needs.

BTW I can't wait to mount the new McLaren rim to my base. But the other ones are looking nice as well at the CSL Elite base...

Cheers,
    Thorsten

• Just a few more CSL Elite pics...

:D
  • @Thorsten Rinkenberger

nice pictures!!! So you use the Porsche rim with your CSL Elite on the PS4?  How does such a high end rim feel different compared to standard rim for PS4?