Fanatec Beta Driver V311 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4, CSL E RMcL

Comments

• Ivan PesaIvan Pesa Member
    edited June 2018
    CSL Elite PS4 Wheelbase with Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula. I still have the centering issues, not so extreme like before but they are still there. Does anyone else still have this probleme?

Edit: Downgraded  to v293 now everything works perfect at the moment.
  • Hey everyone...I have a steering lock issue in Automobilista (i'm on beta v311) with my CSW v2.5...the auto steering lock option doesn't seem to be working anymore; I have to manually set the rotation in the Fanatec wheel menu. I read on Reiza's forums that Fanatec beta drivers might give issues with steering lock (but that was from nearly a year ago)...is that the case here?

Wheel lock works in other sims (I've tried rFactor2 and AC so far) but AMS won't work. I've tried the "Fanatec Clubsport Wheel" and "Fanatec CSW v2" profiles and still nothing. I've tried the steering lock ON then OFF method and that doesn't work. I'd rather not flash my wheel back to the stable release just to test this, as I do like the new clutch bite point feature...can anyone else with a CSW on Beta v311 confirm that steering lock is broken in Automobilista?
  • edited June 2018

• Fred LocklearFred Locklear Member
    edited June 2018
    I have two issues with the 311 drivers that I am not really sure that are the driver's fault.  First off some hardware specifics:  CSL Elite Base +l McLaren wheel + V3 inverted pedals (connected to the base).  311 drivers and firmwares updated.

Issue 1 - Seemingly occasional random loss of the pit limiter switch.  This has only happened to me when playing rFactor2.  Right not the only other sim I have been playing is Automobilista.  It has only happened 2-3 times and is not often enough to be able to test anything. (Did not seem to happen with the 310 drivers, but not sure). It is not strictly an rFactor2 problem because if I exit rF2, and then load up the driver properties, the pit limiter does not function there.  I need to restart the wheel to get the button to work again.

Issue 2 - When going on track for the first time in rFactor 2 or in Automobilista, the steering rotation is off.  To get the steering rotation to work correctly all I need to do is to return to pits and then go back out on track and the rotation is fine. (same way in rF2 and AMS). If I switch over to AMS after the rotation is correct, it is fine with the other game on startup (or even just restarting the same sim). 

NOTE:  Issue 2 may not be driver related, because I suspect it may be related to having FanaLEDs running at the same time.  I do not seem to have the rotation problem if I close FanaLEDs and start up the sim.  (latest version of FanaLEDs doesn't seem to officially support the McLaren rim).

Im not sure if the first problem is FanaLEDs related because it doesn't happen often enough to test on way or another.
  • Sorry for this intrusion, but I don't see a support thread for the 310 release driver/firmware.  This is about 310, though likely also applies to 311:

Automobilista (and rF2) have an Auto Rotation feature that when combined with Fanatec rotation setting on AUTO allows the sim to seamlessly adjust the steering rotation from car to car with no intervention from the user.  It's a wonderful feature with one exception.  Whichever rotation was the last one you used in the sim, for example a go kart with only 180 degrees, would remain in the Fanatec Windows control panel after you exited the game.  If you then tried to play a title that did not have auto rotation, you were disrupted by the wrong rotation (i.e., not the one you had initially set and desired in the control panel--usually the maximum the wheel will allow).

310 or the new firmware seems to have solved this issue (yeah!!!!).  However, a new problem has been introduced--the "soft bump stop" that would prevent the wheel from rotating beyond the auto rotation limit has been lost.  Now, the Fanatec wheel will smoothly go right past the auto rotation limit.  It doesn't affect the car or steering in the sim, but is instead some sort of deadzone with no FFB or affect on what the sim does.  Once you bring the wheel back into the active range, everything returns to normal.

If this one small glitch can be fixed, many users will be rejoicing that the long-standing control panel issue has been fixed!!!

Thanks,

Marc
  • 3.11 fixed my double centre issues with v3.10 however since upgrade I seem to getting missed or double shifts using the P1 rim on my CSL Elite PS4. (on PC)

I've had one issue with the McLaren GT3 rim where the PIT limiter /options button stopped responding in GT sport (using PS4 mode)
  • Really they sent you here , would be nice if support was consistent with their advice.

They never even mentioned this forum to me , i found it myself.

I have exactly the same problem with the Mclaren GT3 wheel.

Taking numerous attempts to shift or it double shifts.

These problems were with Fanatec driver V311.

I contacted Fanatec support 4 weeks ago about it and they said they believe it's a firmware issue and to wait for the next firmware.

Still waiting ?????

After much researching about this issue i come across a link to a Fanatec beta driver v314 on reddit which i have been using for over a week now with no shifting issues.

At least i can use my wheel now.

This V314 was given to somebody who contacted Fanatec support with the same shifting problems.

Why wasn't i offered the same option , had to find V314 myself , just do a search on reddit.

I am very frustrated at the lack of communication with Fanatec on this issue , would be nice if they at least posted an acknowledgment of this problem and what they are doing about it with regular updates , only info i have been able to find is from other frustrated GT3 wheel users with the same problems or worse (broken pins). 

This would have to be the worst service ever, i work in a service department and the number one rule for happy customers is good communication !!!!!!!    

• Over 2 weeks (couple hours a day) usage and no shifting issues with Fanatec beta Driver V314 , has been working perfectly.

Looks like V314 fixes the shifting issues.

• Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited September 2018
    Oops sorry wrong thread

• Where do we download the V314 Driver???  Link avalable??
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited September 2018
    Found this in web search. I do not know if it is legit, so beware. Sorry if this is not the right thread. But there isn't one open, so took a chance seeing as others have mentioned it here.
  • Hi folks im having a steering related issue with ACC . My car doesnt seem to steer enough even with sen at 300 . Im on driver 311 with firmware 473 and mclaren gt3 rim . Also my fanatec wheel property page keeps crashing.
  • edited September 2018
    Hi folks im having a steering related issue with ACC . My car doesnt seem to steer enough even with sen at 300 . Im on driver 311 with firmware 473 and mclaren gt3 rim . Also my fanatec wheel property page keeps crashing.
    What wheel base?
    I would recommend a full driver uninstall + system reboot + driver install (I also recommend to use driver 312 or 314). Also try and change USB ports to see if that influences the crashing behaviour. Then first confirm proper wheel functionality in the Fanatec driver, and then try the game again.
  • Some one can help me how to connect my phone as an additional screen for telemetry?. Thanks
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi German,

that is not possible. You can only power a phone with the UH/UHX but the communication to phones is wireless in most cases and independent from Fanatec hardware. Only phone and game/software are involved in such setups.
  • bonjours j,ai toujours des petit soucie avec le volant  mklaren  quand je joue a project car il n,affiche jamais la vitesse 6 sur l,ecran du volant     des fois quand je me sert des interupteurs rouge rien ne se passe alors je tourne l;interupteur de droite et ca fonctionne que faire merci pour vos réponse    
  • bonjours ou trouver le pilote 314 merci mon ordinateur fonctionne en 32
  • bonjours ou trouver le pilote 314 merci mon ordinateur fonctionne en 32

bonjours j,ai toujours des petit soucie avec le volant  mklaren  quand je joue a project car il n,affiche jamais la vitesse 6 sur l,ecran du volant     des fois quand je me sert des interupteurs rouge rien ne se passe alors je tourne l;interupteur de droite et ca fonctionne que faire merci pour vos réponse    
    Please post in English only on this forum (use an online translator if necessary).
  • I've been going back and forth from 293 to 311 and it always takes multiple attempts to get 311 to stick. The first attempt results in the attached pic. Power led off, fan running, rev lights partially illuminated, display blank, wheel unresponsive. This happens when the wheel restarts after the update and requires the power supply to be unplugged. CSLE PS4.
  • edited October 2018
    CSW V2 with universal Hub , DrV 311 , FwV 473

when turning the funky switch counterclockwise Y Button is also pressed with every click of this rotary switch.
    ....turning it clockwise -> everything is ok

can somebody take a look at this ?

thank you
    kind regards
  • Marek VargaMarek Varga Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not sure if this bug was reported but I have the following one with FEI settings.

Platform: PC, win10 64bit
    base: CSW v2.5 in PC mode (red led indicator)
    wheel: Porsche 918 RSR or CSL P1, does not matter

driver 311, firmware 474, motor firmware 18

I use two profiles (S_1 and S_2) with different settings, including FEI value (S_1 has 60, S_2 has 100). When I'm changing these profiles during game, all settings are changed except FEI. For example if I switch from profile S_1 (FEI at 60) to S_2 (FEI at 100), FEI is not actually changed and stay at 60. I need to open FEI setting on the wheel menu, it shows the new value = 100, but in real it is still at 60, I feel it. I need to manually change the value down/up, then it is really changed to desired value.

So in short, FEI setting is not really updated when switching between profiles with different FEI value.

• Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not sure if this bug was reported but I have the following one with FEI settings.

Platform: PC, win10 64bit
    base: CSW v2.5 in PC mode (red led indicator)
    wheel: Porsche 918 RSR or CSL P1, does not matter

driver 311, firmware 474, motor firmware 18

I use two profiles (S_1 and S_2) with different settings, including FEI value (S_1 has 60, S_2 has 100). When I'm changing these profiles during game, all settings are changed except FEI. For example if I switch from profile S_1 (FEI at 60) to S_2 (FEI at 100), FEI is not actually changed and stay at 60. I need to open FEI setting on the wheel menu, it shows the new value = 100, but in real it is still at 60, I feel it. I need to manually change the value down/up, then it is really changed to desired value.

So in short, FEI setting is not really updated when switching between profiles with different FEI value.

I read this somewhere and it has been acknowledged by Fanatec, will be fixed in next firmware.
  • Does anyone run a v2.5 with Nascar 2003?  The wheel takes up 16 of the controller axes, so it won't detect my v3 pedals plugged in via usb.
  • edited October 2018
    John Ha said:
    Does anyone run a v2.5 with Nascar 2003?  The wheel takes up 16 of the controller axes, so it won't detect my v3 pedals plugged in via usb.
    That's a game problem, it's limited to a relatively low number of buttons/axes because 15 years ago the wheels/controllers that we have now did not exist.
    For buttons you can work around it by using programs like Joy2Key, but for axes I don't really know of a solution. Are there more controllers connected to your PC? If so, disconnecting those that you don't need for the game may help.
    Otherwise, connecting the pedals to your wheel base may help.
  • John HaJohn Ha Member
    edited October 2018
    I just rtfm, pulling into my v2.5 the v3 are the same 12 bit resolution so I'll give that a go.
  • don't know if this is a wheel issue csl elite>
    but after a collision with a kerb f12018 my wheel does not align back to centre..

• don't know if this is a wheel issue csl elite>
    but after a collision with a kerb f12018 my wheel does not align back to centre..

If it still is off-center after quitting the game, restarting the wheel etc. then it's a wheel issue. If it only happens while racing, it's how the game models suspension damage.
  • it re aligns after the next corner m8 kind of strange thou... never experienced this in any other game 
  • it re aligns after the next corner m8 kind of strange thou... never experienced this in any other game 
    So if it doesn't happen in other games it's probably something in F1 2018, either generic for all FFB wheels or specifically for the CSLE.
  • Guys.

I have a question about Base V2.5 and Clubsport Pedals V3.

In the Fanatec's Driver Screen, everything is working flawless(All pedals). However, if I press harder(Until the end) the Brake Pedal, a message "please wait" is  being showed.

It's normal?

Regards.
This discussion has been closed.