Fanatec Beta Driver V312 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels/rim) - experimental

Comments

• RE: dull FFB in rF2

I was suggested by Fanatec to try different Drift Mode settings on the wheel, only thing I did not try as I suspected it would mess up the steering ratio or sensitivity, but instead it seems to remove weight and dampening from the wheel, giving much more detailed FFB, much better feeling. DRI 5 is maybe a bit too light, but 4 is much closer to ideal.
  • Armin,

Following up on the wheel communication disconnect issues I had been having. 

Since following the resetting process that was provided by support and installing the v310 driver, the issue has not repeated itself. I have run through solo and hosted practice sessions, and completed a league race without incident. Total time of use exceeds 6 hours, with the shortest session being 30 minutes. 

I will be sure and post an update should I experience anymore problems. 

Thank you for providing the v310 driver and all other guidance. 

Respectfully,
    Scott 
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited September 2018
    @ Scott
    Great...I would still try to upgrade to the latest driver again and check if that really makes any difference. It should not. If it does you still could reset and reinstall the older driver again. We cannot reproduce the issue here, therefore it is not yet verified that the newer driver version has anything to do with those disconnection issues.
    Of course I cannot and do not want to force you into more troubles. But if you feel like you would take this step to help us, we would highly appreciate it. We need to narrow down such an issue to a single and defined factor to enable us solving it completely. We definitely understand if you are fed up with fiddling around and simply want to drive some hundreds of virtual miles now ;-)

Thank you too and have a great weekend.
  • Armin,

For the moment, I would like to take some time and enjoy things in their current state. It will also provide more testing time to rule out any other issues. Once I am a bit more confident that the issue is resolved, I will then upgrade the software and test from there.

Question:

Do you want me to install the new software in any sort of release order, or may I simply move straight to the latest version when ready to test the water again? 

Scott
  • edited September 2018
    I was having major trouble with v311 on the CSL PS4 w/ the McLaren wheel and QR, where randomly the buttons would stop working, i wouldn't be able to get into the tuning menu and it would require a full restart to get it to work again.  I installed the v312 drivers this AM to the base and wheel and so far it appears to be working perfectly - 45 mins without an issue, which wasnt possible previously.

i should add that i was exp. these issues on the PS4.
    Question:

Do you want me to install the new software in any sort of release order, or may I simply move straight to the latest version when ready to test the water again? 
    Hi Scott,

I would update the driver first...but not update any firmware. Then I would test for (maybe) 2 days. And then do the next step....base FW for example. The order is not that important...being aware that no issue is present is important....and knowing what has changed if suddenly an issue appeared. Never change 2 "things" at a time.

Armin
  • I've been testing firmwares/drivers for my CSL Elite last weekend, all with default wheel settings. First v293. This was not doing justice to the wheel as it oscilated heavily on the straights. With v311 the firmware update process didn't finish properly (multiple times) and I had to unplug the power cord of the wheel to fully complete the update. With v312 my wheel became off centre each time a made a very quick steering move. Then I found a link to v314 on this forum and it works like a dream. Best version I've used so far. So when are you guys planning to release 314 to the public?
  • I've been testing firmwares/drivers for my CSL Elite last weekend, all with default wheel settings. First v293. This was not doing justice to the wheel as it oscilated heavily on the straights. With v311 the firmware update process didn't finish properly (multiple times) and I had to unplug the power cord of the wheel to fully complete the update. With v312 my wheel became off centre each time a made a very quick steering move. Then I found a link to v314 on this forum and it works like a dream. Best version I've used so far. So when are you guys planning to release 314 to the public?
    Where did u find the 314 here? Can´t find it.
  • edited October 2018
    I've been testing firmwares/drivers for my CSL Elite last weekend, all with default wheel settings. First v293. This was not doing justice to the wheel as it oscilated heavily on the straights. With v311 the firmware update process didn't finish properly (multiple times) and I had to unplug the power cord of the wheel to fully complete the update. With v312 my wheel became off centre each time a made a very quick steering move. Then I found a link to v314 on this forum and it works like a dream. Best version I've used so far. So when are you guys planning to release 314 to the public?
    Where did u find the 314 here? Can´t find it.
    see this post and then scroll to Sept 17 of David Hawke

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/comment/23549/#Comment_23549
  • edited October 2018
  • edited October 2018
    -edited-
    Would you please stop "creating a myth out" of driver 314? It is not released to the public for a reason. It does not solve any open issues. If installing driver v314 does solve an issue, re-installing the current driver (like v312) would have done the same. It is not released for a reason and it will not address any open issues.

Thank you!
    Armin
  • Axel BoehmerAxel Boehmer Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi
    I bought the ClubSport pedals V3 last year.
    So far I have used them in conjunction with a G27 and was also very satisfied with it.
    Now I have bought the CSL Elite Wheel Base XBox with the CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR EU from you and I am very satisfied with it.
    I've been using it for about a week now, but since 2 days I've had more and more problems with the gear changes.
    I only run Assetto Corsa on PC with Windows10 64.
    I have now tried all your drivers from driver 292 to 314.
    After your last post I am of course back to version 312.
    But the problems remain and that costs me about 1 second per lap, which is very annoying.
    I ordered the CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4+ now, because it should be better, but the problem seems to be either the driver or the wheel.
    Can I rule out that the problem is with the wheel and are you working on a driver update that fixes this problem?

Greetings A.Böhmer
    United-Simracer
  • Hi Armin,

I wasn't trying to create a myth or something out of driver v314. I was just trying to contribute to this forum by telling what my findings with the different versions are. Reinstalling v312 did not solve my problem by the way. And when someone posted a question about where this v314 driver was all I did was post the link I found on this very forum itself. But I'll leave it at that regarding my findings. Keep up the good work!

Bart
    Can I rule out that the problem is with the wheel and are you working on a driver update that fixes this problem?
    Hi Axel,

sorry but we will not be able to analyze and resolve your problem here in the beta forum. We are investigating all reports and all potential root causes of the issue right now. Please get in touch with our support team. They are making progress to narrow down the issue and will help you resolving it, no matter if it is driver or hardware related.

@ Bart
    Sorry, I was definitely not pointing straight at you ;-) I just read through many forums and some are acting as the unofficial beta drive is THE solution. But codewise, this driver changes nothing in terms of the shifter paddles. Is your issue gone right now? Would you mind checking driver 312 again WITHOUT any FW change....maybe after you drove about a week with v314 without having any issue? If the issue comes back with whichever software, please get in touch with our support too.

THX and all the best!
    Armin
  • Risto KappetRisto Kappet Member
    edited October 2018
    Crazy, I have the same problems with offcenter wheel and buttons not working and V314 fixes it all, why is it not released if it functions?
    I think nothing needs to be added to the criticism of this situation as it is all covered in the threads already.
    The relief of knowing that problems are not hardware side is quickly overcome by the severity of this communication problem.
    @ Risto
    Are you reading what I wrote above? Driver v314 has no new/different code AT ALL which could solve those issues!

Again:
    "Is your issue gone right now? Would you mind checking driver 312 again WITHOUT any FW change....maybe after you drove about a week with v314 without having any issue? If the issue comes back with whichever software, please get in touch with our support too."
  • I have big Problems with the 312 Driver and the new Windows 10 1809 October Update...
    On both of my Bases (CSL Elite and CSL Elite PS4) on two different Systems (Win 10 x64 1809 Update) there is a Problem 
    with the Dampening Strengh after the Update 1809 Update.

On one System (CSL Elite PS4) there is completly no Dampening and on the other System (CSL Elite) there is 
    too much Dampening after the Update....? Wheel Settings still the same like before the Update.
    Reinstalled the 312 Driver after the Update but Problem still exist. Tried the 311 driver but same Problem...
    Tried to play with the Dri Settings but with no success. Any ideas ?
    Hi Max,

how are you definitely testing dampening strength? In which scenario? 
  • Max WeberMax Weber Member
    edited October 2018
    Both bases feel completly different after the Update...
    Tested in neutral position and in different games. like i described on one there is more dampening and on the other there is absolutely no dampening, the wheel turns free without any restistance.
    easy test ist directly on the windows desktop in fanatec driver menu  (not in game), just turn the wheel and you can feel the difference.
    it feels really strange,...??  Force feedback works fine, but it feels like there is something wrong with the dampening or Dri Settings after the Update.

Max Weber said:
    easy test ist directly on the windows desktop in fanatec driver menu  (not in game), just turn the wheel and you can feel the difference.
    it feels really strange,...??
    Hi Max,

this does not involve any functionality of the driver or the operating system. You don't even need to connect it to the PC. PS4 version and the normal version of the CSL Elite Base always felt different within these regards. There is even a dedicated FAQ article explaining that:
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/faq/details&id=101

This is not related at all to dampening effects which are actively used by (simulation) games.

Armin
  • Max WeberMax Weber Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello Armin,

thank you for the reply. I know that, and i know the different Dri settings. 
    I drive the Bases nearly every Day for several Month now. I did not Change anything at the Wheel settings. 
    Dri setting are still the same like before the Update..and i used the 312Beta driver before the Windows Update, too, so there was no firmware Update or anything...
    After the Problems yesterday, i played around several hours with different settings. but i can say both bases feeling strange different.
    i had the hope you know the problem and there will be a new fanatec driver ....
    next try would be a clean fanatec driver reinstallation...
  • edited October 2018
    delete
  • edited October 2018
    Driver 314 is made by Fanatec but not available for the public as it doesnt contain any fixes in the code. Someone got the driver from the Fanatec Support (it seems) and published the driver in the world wide web ... But because its not available for the public neither here in the forum nor in the webshop download pages, I would stay away from this driver until a new driver is available for the public directly here in the forum or on the download pages - everything else is unofficial if you want to see it so..^^
  • edited October 2018
    On driver 311 my CSW 2.5 also felt strange after I've updated Windows 10 to the latest version.
    It felt like it has much more dampening and I also couldn't turn the wheel to it's limits anymore. After reinstalling the driver the wheel wasn't recognised anymore by Windows.
    I finally switched the USB Port and after I restarted Windows once more the wheel got recognised by Windows again, but still felt very strange. After I opened the settings of the wheel in Windows everything was fine again and the wheel felt like it should.
  • Removed the Drivers completely, reinstalled Drivers, flashed Firmware again, changed USB Port....
    no idea why but the steering wheels now feel like before the update again...?? Really strange.

But now i have a new Problem: Calibration Mode of the Elite LC Pedals on my Elite Base always work in Manual Mode.
    You can uncheck the Box in Driver Menu but after that Manual Mode is still active. Change to Auto Calibration Mode is not possible.
    Tried the 311 and 312 Driver, but same behavior. No Auto Calibration Mode ? Any ideas ?
  • Little update: Connected the LC Pedals directly to the PC, then came a message that a firmware update is available for the Pedals??
    After the Firmware Update i could change the Calibration Mode....
    Are the pedals not updated with the latest firmware via the base...?? i had never connected the pedals directly to the pc before.
  • Max Weber said:
    Little update: Connected the LC Pedals directly to the PC, then came a message that a firmware update is available for the Pedals??
    After the Firmware Update i could change the Calibration Mode....
    Are the pedals not updated with the latest firmware via the base...?? i had never connected the pedals directly to the pc before.
    no, the pedals are not automatically being updated with a new firmware when you flash a new firmware to the base. Its written in the manual to connect the pedals at least before first use with a computer via USB to check for a firmware update and this should be made every few months just to be sure that you are running the latest available firmware.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited October 2018
    Quick update: Driver 312/314 didn't provide any FFB for me on Horizon 4? I had to uninstall and roll back to 311 before I could get Horizon 4 games to deliver any FFB? I'm not sure if there was a change after 311 that would cause this, but it's reproducible on a fresh Win10 install, with the FH4 demo and driver 312/314. The base etc will function, as will pedals etc, but you will get no FFB. Additionally, I noticed that FH4 maps button 15/16 as the same button in the game menu.
  • Quick update: Driver 312/314 didn't provide any FFB for me on Horizon 4? I had to uninstall and roll back to 311 before I could get Horizon 4 games to deliver any FFB? I'm not sure if there was a change after 311 that would cause this, but it's reproducible on a fresh Win10 install, with the FH4 demo and driver 312/314. The base etc will function, as will pedals etc, but you will get no FFB. Additionally, I noticed that FH4 maps button 15/16 as the same button in the game menu.
    THANKS Natalie! I tried to get FH4 working since its release and got no FFB also. Tried hundrets of workarounds which are described in the forums but nothing helped. Going back to driver v311 indeed FINALLY gave me FFB in FH4! So I can confirm that with v311 the FFB in FH4 is working and with drivers 312+ you get no FFB in FH4 so there seems to be a driver issue starting with driver 312...
This discussion has been closed.