Fanatec Beta Driver V312 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels/rim) - experimental

12346»

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Thanks Armin, This has happened in the past as well. I have sent a report via the Insider app so hopefully it gets resolved in the next update. I think it will take more than a couple of people to make them aware.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    @ Joseph
    Great, thank you! It helps a lot if everybody reports the issue. To me it looks like some kind of effect is overlaying all FFB effects. Just like a spring which gets stronger the faster you go. It is the same effect in all games we have tested...which is pretty strange since I would not expect that game developers are using identical effects!? But at the same time it cannot be a constant effect from MS/XBO since it does not pull straight to the middle when the car stops. It is a dynamic effect and a good one...but much too strong even muting curbs if you are fast enough!?
  • I received my McLaren GT3 Rim w/ Quick Release today and there is an issue with it missing downshifts. It will often not register my downshifts so badly that it is unplayable.

Here is a YouTube link of my trying to downshift: https://youtu.be/9ypVt6WCMPs

Game I have been playing is F1 2018 & Project Cars 2 on PS4 exclusively.

Troubleshooting that I have tried:

-          Reset wheelbase (CSL Elite PS4)

-          Removed McLaren GT3 Rim and reinserted

-          Re-flashed firmware again (latest version v25)

-          Unplugged power source and reset wheel

-          Restarted PS4 & Game

I am currently at work and just found this post for the beta version V312. I am currently still on V311 and wondering if this beta addresses this problem? It appears to be on reddit as a common issue.

@ Jacky
    Sorry if I ask....but why do you think posting it here off topic is a better idea than asking our support live chat team which is online since an hour and available today for 10 more hours (normally the support live chat is available even longer). Our service team will work on your issue and resolve it for you.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @ Joseph
    Great, thank you! It helps a lot if everybody reports the issue. To me it looks like some kind of effect is overlaying all FFB effects. Just like a spring which gets stronger the faster you go. It is the same effect in all games we have tested...which is pretty strange since I would not expect that game developers are using identical effects!? But at the same time it cannot be a constant effect from MS/XBO since it does not pull straight to the middle when the car stops. It is a dynamic effect and a good one...but much too strong even muting curbs if you are fast enough!?
    Hey Armin, There was a new update to the Alpha Insiders inn Xbox. Have you tried the new build to see if the FFB is better? Seems to be improved on my end.
  • edited December 2018
    Because of MCL GT3 Wheel i switched from V289 with 336FW to 312 with 475 (CSL Elite XOne)... Decenter Bug like hell... Center moves in a 3° margin... possible to get these 314 drivers?
    @ Christopher
    Thank you for your message. I am sorry that you are suffering from the wheel being up to 3° off. That is caused by a FW problem and we are working on the solution. Any new driver you might find would not resolve the situation. We are working on a new major release (NOT the upcoming driver package which will be released ONLY for the Formula V2) which will bring several new firmwares to bring optimizations across multiple products. We're still working on this release and hope we can publish it early January. Stay tuned and thank you very much for your patience. We'll get this done!
  • Hi,

any update on the new release ?

Best regards,

Christophe
  • Checking to see if there is an updated driver that is compatible with the Mclaren and LE F1? If not how will we be notified when there is a new release for the divers?
    @ Wesley Stokes
    There is not yet a dedicated new driver for those products but you can test driver 326 which was posted in this thread:

Right now there is no notification but every new beta driver will first appear here:

Later they are published on the product page.
  • Thanks will give this a try this evening.
  • Any updates regarding the McLaren GT3 wheel shifter issues? I have had my wheel for 3 days with the QR and it has developed the same shifting problem (miss-shifts or double shifts). Have opened a ticket Friday evening but won't receive a reply before Monday at the earliest!

Best Regards
    Simon
    @ Simon
    There is a fanatec support live chat which is online 7 days a week. So you can always check with them if it might be a hardware problem. I would suggest using the latest firmware from the beta test to check if there is any improvement. 

If not...I would get in touch with support.
This discussion has been closed.