Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• trying to get the CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4™ i still get the error

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

Me too with  ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
  • Just to add my voice to those asking for release date or info about the Porshe wheel Thomas teased at the event!

Thanks Fana ;)
  • I tried to buy a Wheel Base, 
    But the voucher is not valid yet.

Yes, I need a base as soon as possible kkk

• Voucher code doesn't work. Tried to buy a v2.5. The code is clearly not unique btw.
  • I get the same error as you guys.
    The code seems to generic to be valid.

• I got the voucher, but I prefer the F1 2019 wheel... I presume it will be added to my order by default and I dont need to confirm anything, right?
    I would like to know the answer to this question also.... Do I need to do anything if I want the F1 2019 or do I need to use the voucher for the wheel when the pre-order start.

• Joey Hunt said:
    I got the voucher, but I prefer the F1 2019 wheel... I presume it will be added to my order by default and I dont need to confirm anything, right?
    I would like to know the answer to this question also.... Do I need to do anything if I want the F1 2019 or do I need to use the voucher for the wheel when the pre-order start.

correct i would say reading the last part of the email

You can still wait for the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019 if you prefer. And if you use the general voucher at any stage before the launch of the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2019, you will still receive ‘VIP access’ that guarantees the chance to place a separate order for this limited edition wheel.

• Voucher code doesn't work. Tried to buy a v2.5. The code is clearly not unique btw.
    Your code is 6 digits with only 2 different numbers?

Ohhh yeah baby!!!
  • edited December 2018
    May be it another intelligence test and they send it in binary :D

Ohhh yeah baby!!!
    Same here.
  • May be it another intelligence test and they send it in binary :D
    I actually considered that, mine has a 2 in it.
  • It’s a good job the code doesn’t work I’ll be drunk later and shopping ;)
  • May be it another intelligence test and they send it in binary :D
    I actually considered that, mine has a 2 in it.
    Binary Second generation!
  • edited December 2018
    when wil the voucher code expire im waiting for the porsche podium weel
    Yes
  • Three days have passed since the news and I had time to think it through again and again. I still am sure it was the right decision to postpone delivery after finding out about the error. I still think three days before release was too late to communicate - they should have prepared people before that there is a chance the date will not be feasible. 
    The F1 rim voucher is a great move. The money voucher even more - shows they really care and understand what the delay means for many of us enthusiasts after all these months waiting.
    The voucher code I got was 6 digit with only two different numbers - it really seems like a placeholder. Another error.

There are three things I would like Fanatec to focus on from my customer perspective:
    1) get the dd right. by far most important.
    2) double check communication before it is sent out. The mail adress issue as well as the voucher code number now seem badly tested. Those stupid errors clearly don´t match to the perfection of the products. A typo in a tweet can happen. but mail-leaks and wrong contents should not happen repeatedly.
    3) communicate more. OK - we now know there is a major issue and you probably don´t even have details about it yourself, but communicate further findings, delays, etc. open as far as possible. 

And finally after all those stressful days please make sure you all get a few days off during christmas to get back to your loved ones and to get new energy for a perfect release of the podium line in 2019. You deserve it.
    Grüße aus Salzburg!
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Fanatec for the voucher and allowing us to use it early, awesome move! I’m sure issues using it will be resolved shortly. I’m thinking about 2 shifter kits so I can upgrade my hub and the Limited Edition rim I just ordered. Decisions , decisions...
  • Paul HartlPaul Hartl Member
    edited December 2018
    The below was posted by Fanatec on the GT Planet forums yesterday and I was wondering if Fanatec have already been able to isolate the cause of the delay? Are you already working and making progress on a fix for it? Fanatec...: ↑ Until 2 weeks ago we planned to ship the first units at the end of December to customers and continue production so that by end of January everybody would have received their products. After we knew that there will be a delay we waited as long as we could because just saying that it will be delayed without giving a date is the worst we could do. We still plan to start the production in late December and theoretically might be able to ship units to customers in January but there is no way I would promise that. We need to work hard and see if we get the desired test results. It is what it is. Sorry.
  • Neil FarrenNeil Farren Member
    edited December 2018
    Any news on when the correct codes will be sent out?
  • To all customers waiting for the Podium Wheel Base 

I can imagine how much you’re looking forward to the release of this product. We’ve been working tirelessly to optimise and improve long term reliability, implementing many changes during the development phase. Until recently, it was looking very good that we could fulfill our estimated availability date in early December, but in final testing we discovered a serious issue which affects about 0.7% of the units produced so far. 

We discussed if this really justifies a delay, but I made the painful decision to stop delivery. This product must be nothing less than flawless! In electronics design there’s always a chance that something can be missed, but if we are already aware of an issue, we cannot ship the unit. Not our flagship.

The problem requires thorough analysis, and we need to determine if we can rework the electronics of the units which were already produced or need to make new electronics. It is therefore important to adjust our realistic shipping date to the end of April. If we can begin shipments earlier, then we will do so, of course.

I’m sure you are just as disappointed as we are, but we want to keep you happy, and we want you to stay with us. Of course you are free to cancel your order now, but if you are willing to wait, we are offering a special gift as a gesture of appreciation.

All customers who pre-ordered the Podium Wheel Base DD1 or DD2 up to yesterday will receive a free steering wheel. It will be the new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 which is due to be released in May next year. It is very similar to the F1 2018 version we just released, but comes in a special and exciting new colour scheme. It is also a limited edition product, with a value of 349,95 USD / Euro

Rest assured that the Podium Series Wheel Bases will be well worth the wait.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE

In case you have already ordered the F1 2018 steering wheel or you want a different steering wheel you can let our sales team know and we will send you a voucher for the same amount so you can use it on a different steering wheel.
    I have received a voucher number, and I'm trying to order something else, but it won't let me use that voucher number anywhere.

In fact, I pre-ordered the Limited Edition F1 wheel about a week ago, and I would like to use the voucher on that wheel, since it's exactly $349 also. I was already charged for that pre-order, but I was told that if I wanted to use the voucher on that wheel, I would just get my funds refunded for the voucher amount of $349 - but how do I use this code?
  • If you guys that got a voucher want to post it here , I can test it out for you. Lol
  • I'm sticking with the podium wheel base.  I have the Club Sport inverted pedals and am very satisfied with Fanatec's product.    

Sooooo...   I pre-ordered the the Limited Edition F1 2018 wheel on 24 Nov and have already paid through Paypal.  Now, I've been issued a voucher code.  Not really interested in blowing a $349 voucher on a $199 shifter, etc.  Maybe I can just not "cash in" the code and take delivery of the 2019 wheel, then turn it (or the 2018 version) over on Ebay? 

Ideas?
  • Sean SmithSean Smith Member
    edited December 2018
    I tried the voucher  to purchase the CS pedals  V3 but I got this message ...Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit! Has anyone else had this issue? Thank you. OK edit , I now see many before me have this issue.
  • I'm very impressed by the lengths fanatec is going to please their customers.  Great job Thomas.
  • hi,  the code you send me dont work.
    what now?
  • Is it working yet, is it working yet.... lol. I’m sure as soon as someone has luck with the voucher, they will post. Let us all know what you bought yourselves for Christmas!
  • edited December 2018
    wow can't delete my own posts?