Fanatec Beta Driver V330 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• hi, its all sorted, phew haha, thanks for the replys
    How?

• All updates from 330 package.
    After installing this update the wheel had nearly no resistance in idle.
    In pCARS2, when turning the wheel while driving, in the center there was some kind of dead zone, but not with regard to steering input, but to force/resistance of the wheel....I reverted back to the 311 package to get it working again.
    Hi Michael,
    that does not sound like diver at all. Please refer to the instructions of how to report potential FW or driver issues efficiently within the first post:

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
    0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
    1. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
    2. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
    3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
    4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
    Driver Version: ....
    Base FW Version: ....
    Wheel FW Version: ....

Thank you!!
    OK, here we go again:
    All this has been tested in pCARS2, with no changes of the in-game or wheel FFB settings.
    WB: CSL Elite PC&XBox
    Rim: McLaren GT3

Driver 311
    WB FW 475
    SW FW 25
    All working as expected.

Driver 311
    WB FW 475
    SW FW 30
    All working as expected.

Driver 311
    WB FW 640
    SW FW 30
    Wheel very light in idle.
    Force missing on crossing wheel center while steering left/right, when the car is standing.

Driver 330
    WB FW 640
    SW FW 25
    During assignment the game picks up Button 22 several times. This happened only once. Could not reproduce it after restarting the wheel/game.
    Force missing on crossing wheel center while steering left/right, when the car is standing.

Driver 330
    WB FW 640
    SW FW 30
    Sporadic double up/down shifts.

Driver 330
    WB FW 475
    SW FW 30
    All working as expected.
  • WB: CSW V2.5
    Rim: Formula V2/2018 LE

Wheelbase feels much smoother than before! I don't know if this is due to the new Motorfirmware, but well done again! :)

Thank you for the new driver package!
  • WB: CSW V2.5
    Rim: Mclaren GT3 wheel

I have a Whine to, from the motor! Ill going to test the new beta driver tonight and will come back with my answer! Hope the whine will be gone and the driver works great.

Greetings,
    Paul
  • I think the new update is not bad either. but maybe you could also update the pedals. maybe it's just a feeling. but I think the calibration is not exactly right with the new firmware. Firmware v330 engine 022 cls Elite for ps4 clubsport v3 pedals
  • edited March 2019
    Wheel Base Model: CSW V2.5
    Steering Wheel Model: Mclaren GT3
    Driver Version:V330
    Base FW Version: 639
    Wheel FW Version: 30
    Motor FW version: 22
    CSP Pedals V3 FW VERSION: 1.30

The High whining noise is gone from the motor with this update!!!!!!! YES!!! That annoying noise is gone!  

I dont hear or see something else new. Maybe the FF feels a little bit better but thats my feeling i think. I played with the beta driver and new FW versions for 3 hours now, and dont have problems! 

Games used: 
    - F1 2018 - ForceFeedback at 115 - i hear a little sqeezie noise when i turning hard in corners! Is that allright?.. I didnt had that sound with driver 328.
    - Assetto Corsa Competiozone - ForceFeedback at 95 - No problems or weird sounds. FF is allright!

Greetings Paul 
  • Dear Fanatec, just a short question. Could you release a firmware in which we are allowed to map the wheel buttons? Can’t use all the buttons on my ps4 now. Using the formula v2 with csl elite and racing on f1 2018.
  • Dear Fanatec, just a short question. Could you release a firmware in which we are allowed to map the wheel buttons? Can’t use all the buttons on my ps4 now. Using the formula v2 with csl elite and racing on f1 2018.
    If I remember correctly, Codemasters has to make a patch with the newest FANATEC SDK to make all buttons work.
  • Paul AuditorePaul Auditore Member
    edited March 2019
    Can confirm still having 'notchy' or 'gearing' feel from wheelbase, same if not worse than previous version beta driver/firmware package.
    Starts out all working well, then after about 15mins of driving gradually gets worse.
    Sitting in shed/pitlane with new car and fresh tyres still happens, so is not a flat spot or suspension ingame issues... still feels like a firmware/driver issue. Restart wheelbase and returns to normal, until after a short amount of time again.

rFactor2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa
    Clubsport V2 Wheelbase with both McLaren and F1LE wheels.
    PC Driver: 330
    WB FW: 638
    Mcl FW: 30
    F1LE FW: 24

• CSL Elite+ PS4 ClubSport F1 2018 LE rim F1 2018 PS4 FFB feels improved on the PS4 everything works as it should!
  • Hello Everybody,

We have a new beta driver V330. Here are the details:

A. Driver:
    1. Fixed multiposition switches (MPS) slider bar shows in steering wheels without MPS and no steering wheel attached.
    2. Fixed crashing issue in Mouse Setting page when OK button is clicked when no steering wheel attached.
    3. New firmwares included:
      - ClubSport Wheel Base V1 V637
      - ClubSport Wheel Base V2 V638
      - ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22
      - CSL Elite Wheel Base V640
      - CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4 V641 + Motor Driver v22
      - ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 / F1 2018 V24

B. Firmwares:
    1. Improved performance of MPS when in "Encoder" mode, stops MPS encoder signal when MPS isn't rotated
    2. Improved analogue joystick calibration for ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 / F1 2018
    3. Safety: wheel bases motor is deactivated when a firmware update is ongoing or when an unknown steering wheel is attached.
    4. Optimized motor control parameters for CSL E WB PS4 and ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
    3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
    4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Thank you very much!

We hope for your positive feedback! 

Hello Everybody,

A. Driver:
    1. Fixed multiposition switches (MPS) slider bar shows in steering wheels without MPS and no steering wheel attached.
    2. Fixed crashing issue in Mouse Setting page when OK button is clicked when no steering wheel attached.

B. Firmwares:
    1. Improved performance of MPS when in "Encoder" mode, stops MPS encoder signal when MPS isn't rotated
    2. Improved analogue joystick calibration for ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 / F1 2018
    3. Safety: wheel bases motor is deactivated when a firmware update is ongoing or when an unknown steering wheel is attached.
    4. Optimized motor control parameters for CSL E WB PS4 and ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Thank you very much!

Hello Everybody,

A. Driver:

B. Firmwares:

Thank you very much!

Hello Everybody,

A. Driver:

B. Firmwares:

Thank you very much!

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22
    Please download the hex file to CSW v2.5
  • Marius ReiterMarius Reiter Member
    edited March 2019
    So after some more testing in Raceroom with all wheel settings at default except FEI 100 I can make the following observations:

Wheel Base: CSL Elite
    Steering Wheel: F1 2018 LE

Driver: 330

WB FW: 640

SW FW: 24

Immediately felt that something was wrong with the FFB when driving. It felt kind of "harsh", like there was no damping at all.

When standing still in the pits and turning the wheel, there was no resistance from the tires at all, only some hard strokes when turning the wheel, which felt very odd. These strokes were gone when I turned down the DPR setting from 100 to 0, but still no resistance (as expected when damping at 0). So I guess It is some issue related to the damping. When I turned the DRI Setting from "off" to "1", the wheel did not feel light anymore but had some resistance.

Also, the analog stick on the F1 2018 Steering wheel was going crazy and having random spikes. These only disappeared when turning the stick multiple times. When restarting the wheel the spikes were there again.

Then I reverted the driver back to the following configuration:

Driver: 328

WB FW: 640

None of the issues changed. So I downgraded the WB Firmware to 629:

WB FW: 629

With this configuration, the damping was working again as expected. When standing still I could feel the resistance of the tires again. So I think this is related to the WB Firmware.

The issues with the analog stick persisted, so I downgraded the Steering Wheel Firmware to 22.

WB FW: 629

SW FW: 22

The random spikes of the analog stick then were gone and it was working as expected. So this issue may be related to the SW FW.

• I can also confirm having the same notchy gear like feeling as reported by Paul Auditore. Everything works fine and the motor is very smooth for a while when the wheel base is freshly booted or rebooted, but after 5 to 10 minutes, the notchy feeling sets in.

CSW V2.5 with Universal HUB.
    PC Driver: 330
    WB FW: 639
    Motor FW: 22
  • First of all: I only play on Xbox One.

I use the Universal Hub for Xbox One and the CSL Elite McLaren rim both in Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. The CSS Wheel Formula V2 I use only in F1 2018.

I installed the driver V330 by first installing the firmware (V639) for the CSW 2.5 base and after that the firmware for the Motor (V22). In both cases the universal hub with GT rim was attached and I encountered no problems.

After that I calibrated the center of the wheel and the H shifter, also without problems. I then attached the CSS Wheel Formula V2 and installed the firmware (V24) without problems. (I had already installed the new firmware (V30) for the CSL Elite McLaren GT3 rim when I installed the firmware V628 for the CSW 2.5.)

I noticed immediately (like Lorrell Waddell stated on Feb 23 in the comments on the V328 driver) that the FFB seems to be reduced! The counter comment was that it wasn’t, but I tested it in PC 2, F1 2018 and AC. In all cases I had to increase the FFB value on the wheel. This was also after installing V328 (See attached files for the changes I made from V311 à V328 à V330.

Also I noticed that the FFB settings range is now from 0 to 100 (in steps of 1), if increased further, the setting changes into “auto” and after that it can be increased (in steps of 10) to 200)? Is this new? I have never seen it before! But maybe that was because I never raised my FFB settings above 100!

For all 3 games I use -05 as drift mode (sometimes -04 in AC) but when I put DRI to + values f.i. in PC 2, the wheel starts shaking from left to right. As I don’t use any + DRI settings for any game, this doesn’t affect me, but I can imagine it does affect other people.

As I’m an Xbox One user, the MPS function and Swithes are not available or working in F1 2018. But this setting can be chosen and altered on my Formula V2 wheel, so does it matter what setting I use: Should it be “Auto”, "pulse" or "encoder" mode setting? I can’t find a manual which explains this function.

Driver Version: V330

Base FW Version: V639

Motor FW version: V22

Steering Wheel Model 1: CS Universal Hub for Xbox one (with GT rim)

Steering Wheel Model 2: CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CS QR EU

Steering Wheel Model 3: CSS Wheel Formula V2

Wheel 1 FW Version: Universal Hub Xbox One:

Wheel 2 FW Version: Universal Hub Xbox One: V30

Wheel 3 FW Version: Universal Hub Xbox One: V24

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    "I noticed immediately (like Lorrell Waddell stated on Feb 23 in the comments on the V328 driver) that the FFB seems to be reduced! The counter comment was that it wasn’t, but I tested it in PC 2, F1 2018 and AC. In all cases I had to increase the FFB value on the wheel. This was also after installing V328 (See attached files for the changes I made from V311 à V328 à V330."

Can you still achieve high enough force?

"Also I noticed that the FFB settings range is now from 0 to 100 (in steps of 1), if increased further, the setting changes into “auto” and after that it can be increased (in steps of 10) to 200)? Is this new? I have never seen it before! But maybe that was because I never raised my FFB settings above 100!"

Yes this is on purpose.

"For all 3 games I use -05 as drift mode (sometimes -04 in AC) but when I put DRI to + values f.i. in PC 2, the wheel starts shaking from left to right. As I don’t use any + DRI settings for any game, this doesn’t affect me, but I can imagine it does affect other people"

Does it shake left or right while driving or also in the menu when you move the wheel?

"As I’m an Xbox One user, the MPS function and Swithes are not available or working in F1 2018. But this setting can be chosen and altered on my Formula V2 wheel, so does it matter what setting I use: Should it be “Auto”, "pulse" or "encoder" mode setting? I can’t find a manual which explains this function."

That doesn't matter on Xbox because like you said the MPS is not supported there.

• Roberto ROSSIRoberto ROSSI Member
    edited March 2019
    "I noticed immediately (like Lorrell Waddell stated on Feb 23 in the comments on the V328 driver) that the FFB seems to be reduced! The counter comment was that it wasn’t, but I tested it in PC 2, F1 2018 and AC. In all cases I had to increase the FFB value on the wheel. This was also after installing V328 (See attached files for the changes I made from V311 à V328 à V330."

"Also I noticed that the FFB settings range is now from 0 to 100 (in steps of 1), if increased further, the setting changes into “auto” and after that it can be increased (in steps of 10) to 200)? Is this new? I have never seen it before! But maybe that was because I never raised my FFB settings above 100!"

Yes this is on purpose.

"For all 3 games I use -05 as drift mode (sometimes -04 in AC) but when I put DRI to + values f.i. in PC 2, the wheel starts shaking from left to right. As I don’t use any + DRI settings for any game, this doesn’t affect me, but I can imagine it does affect other people"

Does it shake left or right while driving or also in the menu when you move the wheel?

"As I’m an Xbox One user, the MPS function and Swithes are not available or working in F1 2018. But this setting can be chosen and altered on my Formula V2 wheel, so does it matter what setting I use: Should it be “Auto”, "pulse" or "encoder" mode setting? I can’t find a manual which explains this function."

That doesn't matter on Xbox because like you said the MPS is not supported there.

Increase the FF value to 200 is a feature of XBox? On my CSW 2.5 with 330 driver, 639 base fw and 22 motor version is not available!!

Increase the FF value to 200 is a feature of XBox? On my CSW 2.5 with 330 driver, 639 base fw and 22 motor version is not available!!
    Are you really, really sure? It's there, second setting after SEN, if you have a McLaren wheel it's shown as FF and F.FEEDB.
  • Heinz GlanzerHeinz Glanzer Member
    edited March 2019

Yes this is on purpose.

At my base FF only goes to 100.

Greetings

• Hi have the CSS Formula 1 Black v1, I'll switch to the newly V2 when available in May!

Are you really, really sure? It's there, second setting after SEN, if you have a McLaren wheel it's shown as FF and F.FEEDB.

• "Also I noticed that the FFB settings range is now from 0 to 100 (in steps of 1), if increased further, the setting changes into “auto” and after that it can be increased (in steps of 10) to 200)? Is this new? I have never seen it before! But maybe that was because I never raised my FFB settings above 100!"

Yes this is on purpose.

At my base FF only goes to 100.

Greetings

FF up to 200 is only available in Xbox Mode afaik.

Hi have the CSS Formula 1 Black v1, I'll switch to the newly V2 when available in May!

The Rim doesnt matter, the FF option is in the tuning menu for every rim because its a setting for the wheel base.
  • Thanks ; Maurice Böschen
  • "I noticed immediately    ........ etc 

"Also I noticed ……………...etc

Yes this is on purpose.

"For all 3 games .........etc

"As I’m an Xbox ..............etc

@Marcel Pfister:

I can still achieve the force levels I want. In AC I had to raise from 30 to 60, in F1 2018 I had to raise from 20 to 45-50 and in PC 2 I had to raise from 50 to 180. Yesterday I raise the overall gain in the game from 90 tot 95 and the volume from 46 to 50 which allowed me to lower the FFB on the wheel to 120. (I mostly race with GT3 or GTE cars).

The wheel is only shaking while driving on track. And this only happened on PC2, but when I'm in the pause manu of the game it stops. And its not a constant movement, it moves heavier with bumps in the road, but I haven't tested that any further. If the DRI is set to -5 it works for me so I didn't pay attention to it in the 2 other games. If you want me to test that as well, let me know.

I understand how you comment on the MPS function, but if I switch to PC in the near future, where can I find any explanation of these funcitons? That was the only purpose of my question.

Arie Kop said:

@Marcel Pfister:

I can still achieve the force levels I want. In AC I had to raise from 30 to 60, in F1 2018 I had to raise from 20 to 45-50 and in PC 2 I had to raise from 50 to 180. Yesterday I raise the overall gain in the game from 90 tot 95 and the volume from 46 to 50 which allowed me to lower the FFB on the wheel to 120. (I mostly race with GT3 or GTE cars).

The wheel is only shaking while driving on track. And this only happened on PC2, but when I'm in the pause manu of the game it stops. And its not a constant movement, it moves heavier with bumps in the road, but I haven't tested that any further. If the DRI is set to -5 it works for me so I didn't pay attention to it in the 2 other games. If you want me to test that as well, let me know.

I understand how you comment on the MPS function, but if I switch to PC in the near future, where can I find any explanation of these funcitons? That was the only purpose of my question.

MPS Modes:
    AUTO: It's working as an Encoder but a game that integrated full support can switch to "CONSTANT"
    ENCODER: For older games it's working as an encoder, one input for turning left and one for right.
    CONSTANT: The MPS has 12 unique inputs, one for each position that is send constantly to the game so it always knows the position it's switched to.
    PULSE: The MPS has 12 unique inputs, one for each position that is only send when the position is changed.
  • Note with ClubSport Wheel Base _V2_5_Base_V628_rev1516_app The FFB strength felt reduced ....But with ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22 the FFB output feels back to Normal Strength. Windows 10/64bit Pcars2, Race Room, AC, ACC & FM7 for PC.

• Arie Kop said:

MPS Modes:
    AUTO: It's working as an Encoder but a game that integrated full support can switch to "CONSTANT"
    ENCODER: For older games it's working as an encoder, one input for turning left and one for right.
    CONSTANT: The MPS has 12 unique inputs, one for each position that is send constantly to the game so it always knows the position it's switched to.
    PULSE: The MPS has 12 unique inputs, one for each position that is only send when the position is changed.
    Thanks Marcel.
  • Note with ClubSport Wheel Base _V2_5_Base_V628_rev1516_app The FFB strength felt reduced ....But with ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22 the FFB output feels back to Normal Strength. Windows 10/64bit Pcars2, Race Room, AC, ACC & FM7 for PC.
    Lorrel: Unfortunately I'm not on PC. But on Xbox One I already noticed with V628 (and motor Dirver V20) that FFB was reduced.
    V330 didn't change that for me on Xbox One. (And I always keep my settings updated as you can see in my .pdf files attached to my first comment, so I know what my settings were).
  • Arie Kop said:
    Note with ClubSport Wheel Base _V2_5_Base_V628_rev1516_app The FFB strength felt reduced ....But with ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22 the FFB output feels back to Normal Strength. Windows 10/64bit Pcars2, Race Room, AC, ACC & FM7 for PC.
    Lorrel: Unfortunately I'm not on PC. But on Xbox One I already noticed with V628 (and motor Dirver V20) that FFB was reduced.
    V330 didn't change that for me on Xbox One. (And I always keep my settings updated as you can see in my .pdf files attached to my first comment, so I know what my settings were).
    FFB was decreased with driver package 328 but ONLY on Xbox to fix the oversaturated FFB which gave Clipping with every FF setting above 30 and therefore resulted in overheated bases. PS4 and PC are not changed at all and all possible FFB differences are more or less placebo.
  • edited March 2019
    Arie Kop said:
    Note with ClubSport Wheel Base _V2_5_Base_V628_rev1516_app The FFB strength felt reduced ....But with ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22 the FFB output feels back to Normal Strength. Windows 10/64bit Pcars2, Race Room, AC, ACC & FM7 for PC.
    The FFB on Xbox1 has always been way over saturated Since it released --> Remember Xbox1 uses MS New FFB protocol...IMO it was just a Huge fail and Never felt Good Not even with that other Brand Plastic toy wheel i had to buy to play Forza 5 with because Fanatec didn't have the Hub or a Wheel out for XBox1 yet.

Yes i know its a pain to re-tweek everything but Now that the over saturated FFB issue has been fixed I suggest re-adjusting your Wheel and In Game settings to the New DR/FW ... I'm pretty sure that you will Find that the FFB is Better than Ever once you get things Dialed in...That's the reason I went to PS4 then PC and gave up on XBox1 because the FFB was just way over saturated and Never felt right.
  • edited March 2019
    Here are my new finding and testing with the new beta driver for hours now:

First i used the following driver and firmware:

Driver Version:V330
    Base FW Version: 639
    Motor FW version: 22

Possitive: With this driver 330 and new firmware the HIGH PITCH sound from the motor was gone! That was nice!

But now after hours of testing, everytime i hear a high squeeze sound from a belt or motor. I dont know where its from. It happen everytime when i aggresive turn in a corner or correct my oversteer of understeer i hear the squeeze sound again.... 

So i reinstalled the driver 228 with the following firmware:

Driver Version:V328
    Base FW Version: 628
    Motor FW version: 18

Negative: I hear the HIGH PITCH sound again.....

After 3 hours of racing in F1 2018 and Assetto Corsa the squeeze sound was there for two or three times and after that no squeeze sound anymore when correcting oversteer or understeer. 

Also i have the feeling the power of the motor is more realistic and easyer to driver, with driver 228 and older firmware. 

Hope this information of me is helping!

Greetings Paul

• Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited March 2019
    v330 feel quite same as did v328 with CSW v2 and on Xbox One(X). But it has same problem as was in 328(or 311 etc), drift settings are unusable, even setting 1 is too intrusive and 2-5 are just crazy, they rip wheel from your hands. In all other areas driver and its firmware seem to be ok..

v292 and it's fw is last one where drift setting work ok, like in Drit 1 where you can use settings 1-2 quite nicely, they are subtke and not annoying.

Xbox One universal hub with 320mm rim has been wheelriim what I've used.
This discussion has been closed.