Assetto Corsa Competizione (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited September 2021 in Assetto Corsa
General Notes:
  • The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Assetto Corsa Competizione (PC). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point.
  • In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.
  • For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.
  • For wheels with Multi-Position Switches, the 'Constant' mode is supported. Default inputs can be quickly assigned by loading the presets.
  • The in-game Force Feedback 'Gain' setting has the biggest impact on signal strength (and clipping). Reasonable default values have been suggested below, but the signal will vary depending on the car, car setup, tyre condition, track condition, etc. It can be useful to check the 'FF' meter in the HUD while driving to fine-tune the Gain setting to avoid too much clipping.
  • Ensure you are using the latest wheel base firmware.
  • The Tuning Menu settings for direct drive wheel bases includes the new features introduced with the Performance Update (Driver version 352 or higher).

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN 1080
  • FF 45
  • FFS Peak
  • NDP 15
  • NFR 2
  • NIN 3
  • INT 2
  • FEI 100
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100
  • DPR 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • SHO 100
  • BRF User Preference
In-Game Settings:
  • Steer lock: 1080
  • Gain: 60
  • Min Force: 0
  • Dynamic Damping: 100
  • Road Effects: 0

Podium Wheel Base DD2
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN 1080
  • FF 45
  • FFS Peak
  • NDP 15
  • NFR 2
  • NIN 3
  • INT 2
  • FEI 100
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100
  • DPR 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • SHO 100
  • BRF User Preference
In-Game Settings:
  • Gain: 60

ClubSport Wheel Base V2
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN 900
  • FF 100
  • SHO 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • DRI 003
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100
  • DPR 100
  • BRF User Preference
In-Game Settings:
  • Steer lock: 900
  • Gain: 70

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN 900
  • FF 100
  • SHO 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • DRI -01
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100
  • DPR 100
  • BRF User Preference
  • FEI 100
In-Game Settings:
  • Steer lock: 900

CSL Elite Wheel Base (V1)
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN 1080
  • FF 100
  • SHO 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • DRI 003
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100
  • DPR 100
  • BRF User Preference
  • FEI 100
In-Game Settings:

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base +
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN 1080
  • FF 100
  • SHO 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • DRI -02
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100
  • DPR 100
  • BRF User Preference
  • FEI 070
In-Game Settings:

CSL DD
(Compatibility Mode recommended)
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN 1080
  • FF 100
  • FFS Peak
  • NDP 20
  • NFR Off
  • NIN 3
  • INT 4
  • FEI 100
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100
  • DPR 50
  • BLI User Preference
  • SHO 100
  • BRF User Preference
In-Game Settings:

Comments

• Paul WalkerPaul Walker Member
    edited May 2019
    I can't seem to get any of the DD2/McLaren GT3 wheel buttons or axis recognised for shift up/down. Any ideas?
  • I can't seem to get any of the DD2/McLaren GT3 wheel buttons or axis recognised for shift up/down. Any ideas?
    Use the compatibility mode and select the ClubSport Wheel Base v2.5 McLaren Preset.
    edited May 2019

Thanks Maurice ...<goes to find manual to find out how to do that> I'll report back if I have any issues... it mapped the pedals OK via the DD2.

OK for anyone like me that has never had to do this before, to switch the DDx in to CSW 2.5 comp mode using the McL GT3 hold the Y and N buttons simultaneously. Simples

edited May 2019

nope that doesn't work. have the base in csw2.5 mode.. select the mcl preset and it does not recognise the pedals, so I setup the pedals by clearing each value and pressing each pedal and inverting them. This then has the pedals working, but the paddles don't function, nor does the SQ shifter in sq mode, so I can't get out of neutral....

so I try to configure the shifter the same way I set up the throttle, brake and clutch by clicking clear, then clicking advanced and clicking the paddle for shift up... it is not recognised up or down or any of the buttons for this function.

in Fanatec property page all buttons/axis work as expected.

In ACC it's almost like there is another button pressed, and the funky switch seems to be 'noisy' and giving an input preventing other buttons working. Mouse clicking left of 'advanced' for ANY button assignment, sets the shifter button instantly to button 39 or 50 randomly.

Any further ideas, worked flawlessly on the CSW v2 and this rim 1 week ago.

edited May 2019

I have got it to work now, but I had to select the Porsche 918 profile and put that rim on... all worked a treat. changed rim mid track and it kept on working.

EDIT: but constant double up-shifting with the McLaren wheel, so something is not right. Maybe there is a lack of ground on the McL as a friend has a DD1 / McL rim and was double shifting all night on F1 2018?

• Can anybody assist with a DD1 with ACC. Every time I map my controls, the brake/accelerator axis' are the wrong way round. Every time I go into the advanced tab to invert the axis, I get stuck and cannot get out of this screen. This has been going on for 3 days, all other sims are working fine. I have got to the point where I am just going to hope to works in version 1.0 or delete it before I go insane.
  • quick one guys how do i put my dd2 in csw mode with the v2 wheel
  • quick one guys how do i put my dd2 in csw mode with the v2 wheel
    Have a look in the Quick Guide of your v2 wheel. It's select and triangle.
  • Same issues as paul, I nmoticed in the peripharels found screen it shows 2 fanatec v2.5 wheel base #1 and #2 I tried 1 and it automatic mapped the correct buttons but the paddles don't work in car setup screen to scroll across the next menu? Also can't feel any FFB with the above settings.  I will delete ACC and re-install because I can't delete the preloaded peripherals in the menu. Hope they fix compatibility between fanatec DD1 with Mclaren GT3 rim and ACC before acc full release.
    edited May 2019
     I will delete ACC and re-install because I can't delete the preloaded peripherals in the menu. Hope they fix compatibility between fanatec DD1 with Mclaren GT3 rim and ACC before acc full release.
    Sean, if you are on PC, you just need to go in to <documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config folder and delete the 'controls.json' file  … if you want to start again (with game closed of course).
  • I have found out that in ACC that with my DD1 and a McLaren GT3 wheel I did first have to set it to comp V2.5  mode on the DD1. At least it was recognized in ACC then. But still had issues with assigning buttons, this can be solved if you go to game controller settings look for your Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 and double click it then go to settings and there you have the multi-position switch, select disable. 
    Then go into ACC assign all your buttons and when your done go back and set the multi-position switch to active 12 again.
    This allows then that your multi position buttons in the middle of your GT3 McLaren wheel still are set within the game as to the number that is set on the wheel at that time.

This solved everything for me.

cheers
    Andreas
  • I have found out that in ACC that with my DD1 and a McLaren GT3 wheel I did first have to set it to comp V2.5  mode on the DD1. At least it was recognized in ACC then. But still had issues with assigning buttons, this can be solved if you go to game controller settings look for your Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 and double click it then go to settings and there you have the multi-position switch, select disable. 
    Then go into ACC assign all your buttons and when your done go back and set the multi-position switch to active 12 again.
    This allows then that your multi position buttons in the middle of your GT3 McLaren wheel still are set within the game as to the number that is set on the wheel at that time.

This solved everything for me.

cheers
    Andreas
    When you say "double click FCWB V2.5 then go to settings" settings where? 
    having selected 2.5comp mode to get ACC to recognise the DD1 and set up my McLaren gt3 - I see no reference to a settings tab in ACC. 
  • edited May 2019
    This is is your gamer control panel perhaps you have a Fanatec Wheel Property page link on your desktop? Once you see your fantec devices there, perhaps also your pedals click on Properties or just double click it then there is a settings tab.
  • This is is your gamer control panel perhaps you have a Fanatec Wheel Property page link on you desktop? Once you see your fantec devices there, perhaps also your pedals click on Properties or just double click it then there is a settings tab.
    Ah!, understand you now - But I'm still not seeing the multi position switch (4 position) in the button set-up in ACC controls
  • Great work peeps , Thank you,  all good for now . Cheers.
  • Can anybody assist with a DD1 with ACC. Every time I map my controls, the brake/accelerator axis' are the wrong way round. Every time I go into the advanced tab to invert the axis, I get stuck and cannot get out of this screen. This has been going on for 3 days, all other sims are working fine. I have got to the point where I am just going to hope to works in version 1.0 or delete it before I go insane.
    I know how you feel I had the same issue, the way i ended up fixing it was launching the game through vr and configuring the pedals. I don't know if you have a headset but if you do, it's how I fixed it. 
  • you need to invert the axis in advanced

• DPR off, use NDP is better. ACC Gain default is more FFB Clipping. 40~60 is better
  • Has anyone managed to get the Multi Position Switches on the Mclaren GT3 working correctly in game and if so how on earth did you do it. I've been trying without success.
  • Has anyone managed to get the Multi Position Switches on the Mclaren GT3 working correctly in game and if so how on earth did you do it. I've been trying without success.
    You have to use the DD in CSW comp mode because they did not implemented the DD Device IDs. Then just select the CSW McLaren preset and the left MPS then works for TCS and the right MPS works for ABS. However, they screwed the MPS by implementing the buttons wrong. To get in game value 1 you have to set MPS to position 2. To get in game value 5 you have to set MPS to position 6 etc.
  • @ Neil Yes and sorry can't remember but you only assign either tractC up  or Trac Down not both  same with ABS
    You have to use the DD in CSW comp mode because they did not implemented the DD Device IDs. Then just select the CSW McLaren preset and the left MPS then works for TCS and the right MPS works for ABS. However, they screwed the MPS by implementing the buttons wrong. To get in game value 1 you have to set MPS to position 2. To get in game value 5 you have to set MPS to position 6 etc.
    I definitely had the base in comp mode and pretty sure I selected the correct preset. Will check again tonight. Thanks.
    @ Neil Yes and sorry can't remember but you only assign either tractC up  or Trac Down not both  same with ABS
    Thanks Sean.
  • edited May 2019
    I have the CSL Elite + base and was wondering why you have the suggested sensitivity at 1080 and the in-game rotation at 900?
  • edited May 2019
    Has anyone managed to get the Multi Position Switches on the Mclaren GT3 working correctly in game and if so how on earth did you do it. I've been trying without success.
    I have DD1 (in CSW2.5 mode for ACC) with McLaren wheel. Selected in ACC the McLaren preset but it seems that the MFS are not mapped/recognized automatically? Is it correct it shows no button linked to TC and ABS as shown in this pic? 
    Probably I'm missing something or doing something wrong? Tried MPS FNC on the DD1 base both with const and pulse. Did not make any difference. 

I also manually linked both MPS switches to TC+/- and ABS+/- but then it only is linked to one position up/down.

Any help is always appreciated :) 
    I have DD1 with McLaren wheel selected in ACC the McLaren preset but it seems that the MFS are not mapped/recognized? Is it correct it shows no button linked to TC and ABS as shown in this pic? 
    Probably I'm missing something or doing something wrong? Tried MPS FNC on the DD1 base both with const and pulse. Did not make any difference. 

I also manually linked both MPS switches to TC+/- and ABS+/- but then it only is linked to one position up/down.

Any help is always appreciated :) 
    It's correct that Increase/Decrease TCS and ABS is empty in the menu but they are hard-coded to the MPS. You must NOT manually try to bind the MPS as this will not work, they just work out of the box, at least in Compatibility Mode. I have read that they completely screwed up the DD1 profiles and even forgot to implement the DD2 profile at all so it's best to use Comp Mode atm. You also have to use the MPS FNC as Const.
  • Relax, easy reading, step-by-step. It works!! Thanks for your support Maurice.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    It feels great when it’s setup but definitely a bit messed up at the moment. Hopefully they release an update soon
  • the MPS ( for TC and ABC, ideally ) didnt work with using the rpeset for the mclaren gt3 on a DD2.   Hope they fix it in ACC. since having them is now a bit useless :/
  • the MPS ( for TC and ABC, ideally ) didnt work with using the rpeset for the mclaren gt3 on a DD2.   Hope they fix it in ACC. since having them is now a bit useless :/
    For me they are working, but not correctly.because the in game value is one behind the actual position because they screwed up the button index numbering. Make sure you select the McLaren Preset and DO NOT change the Increase/Decrease TC/ABS buttons, they need to be blank!
  • Hi guys! 

After the last acc update (v1.0.1) on my DD1 base ad F1 rim I've the rpm led that work reversed. The light show from right to left...

Hi guys! After the last update of acc (v1.0.1) I have the rpm LEDs that works in reverse on my F1 rim. The LEDs light up from right to left. Anyone have the same problem?