Fanatec Driver 457 (old discussion incl download) for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• i was having several issues with 457 and 455 + latest firmware was acting out ...reverted to 454 got rid of the firmware , upgraded to 455 but old firmware and its spot on now ..... who knows what works , just keep pushing buttons until it works right lmao

• Hi i have a Formula v2.5x wheel and the vibrating motor are always vibrating, anyone has any solutions?

• be more specific otherwise i start think that fanatec accidentally invented free energy device

• In IRacing When I ride with any car the motors vibrate even if in vibration options that I have not activated only the ABS (they vibrate when I go straight or turn without braking) and especially in curves.

• No I have a DD pro with QR1 and I have upgrade to QR2

• Surely they have some news on disconnect issues at this stage it’s been weeks of testing???

• is int Marcel Pfister tell that you need contact with him privatley if none of those methods work what he been posted?

• That’s ridiculous it’s needs to be fixed as a whole for everyone not a one to one bases.

• They try their best (given the circumstances) but they do not fix anything one to one bases. They just take back the (csdd/+) bases that have disconnections to investigate further the problem and find a proper solution.

If you are willing to help you can send a PM to Marcel and ask for any hotfix or even to send your faulty base to them (if it is still as a solution). If not you can try the PS4 mode (light blue led) and if it works, as in my case, you can wait for the solution.

I personally sent my base to them with as much feedback as i could give them. Doing this i hope i can help a bit for the solution to be found as soon as possible.

In the exchanged base i use the stock base firmware (2.0.1.4) and the WQR firmware (1.1.0.3 hotfix) and i have no disconnections so far. I am using the base since 1st of August.

• For those having disconnects with the PS5, specially while idling, besides that "change the cable", and "usb hub" solution, check also the USB cable plugged in the PS port.

I was having this issue after a 4h session, and found out the cable plug was extremely hot. Turns out when your PS5 is in vertical position it directs the hot airflow into the cables.

You can switch to the front input, or place a small fan pointed at the cables (not at the back of your PS) like I did. 0 problems after it.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 6

usb hub with power supply could be solution if i think what causes disconnections.

i to remember similar issue with pc and one other hardware,

what happened was that pc was not able power the device with own power in usb, in my scenario it was blue screen after that

if fanatec hardware does have too high power loss at usb it may cause disconnect

in this case regular usb hub would not work, it needs be with power supply

i dont know if that causes issue. but there is little think off about that

• Good tip. I also don't use the Fanatec cable, but bought a decent cable to replace it.

• Hello, good afternoon from Spain. I have to say that I have used a CSL Elite Edition F1 Sports and I currently use a DD Pro Gt with 8Nm/V3/F1 V1 Sports steering wheel. I use them on the Steam and PC platform. In favor of Fanatec I want to say that I have never had any problems with the two devices and in all the registered updates. My comment about lack of power through USB on PC, I would like to highlight that in Device Admin, each USB can be configured so that it never disconnects the device That is, continuous current until you decide to turn it off. In case someone didn't know, try it for those who have a disconnection due to this reason. My OS is W11 Pro. Greetings to all!!!

• I can unfortunately, confirm, I have had my first disconnect in over a week, since using a powered hub. About 15 minutes into a session last night. Shame.... but just the one. Performed absolutely fine for the rest of the 3.5 hours.

• how often you get disconnect without powered hub?

• edited August 7

Anyone’s podium button module just stop working randomly? Gt7 ps5 dd+.

buttons stop working screen freezes. Have to turn off an on base again.

• I have just put a short USB cable in, my PlayStation is close enough to my wheel to use a 1m cable. I don’t get the disconnects as frequently as some do but recently I’ve had a few. My son has played on it for around 3 hrs this afternoon and I’ve been on for around 3 tonight and it’s not missed a beat. That in no means suggests it’s fixed but if anyone else can use a 1m cable it’s worth testing. I hadn’t realised just how long the Fanatec one was otherwise I would have thought to test it earlier. The cable I’ve used isn’t anything special either. It’s one that came with either my Phone or my ecig.

• Every Hour at least once. I normally race from 8:30 pm to midnight, and have 3 or 4 disconnects a night with out eh powered hub.

• Are they still working on an update or is this it now company is insolvent I presume no staff to work on things?

• Hello, I really need an advice from moderators if possible but also from every DD+ owner...

Here's my story, I own GT DD PRO with 8nm and I play only Gran Turismo on PS5 and I use mostly McLaren GT3 v2 Wheel and sometimes DD Pro the one that came with the bundle...

Everything works well but my problem is not so strong FFB especially for example loss of it when I drive through Porsche curves on Le Mans track...

I am willing to purchase DD Extreme bundle mainly for 15nm Base but also for much better and bigger Round Wheel that comes with it...

The problem is all I'm reading here are problems with DD+ base and I would really like to know do every single Base has this disconnect problem or it's just the people in this thread?

What are my chances to getting those same problems or are there anyone without any problems on ps5 and gt7?

Thanks in advance for any tip or advice!

• I received the DD+ with F1 wheel 3 weeks ago, updated with firmware 455, everything ok, I play with PS5 and mainly GT7, used it alo with ACC and F1 2023..

• I got a DD+ in March, been great for me. Hundred’s of hours of use. One minor disconnect. I had a DD Pro 8 prior happy enough mostly and wasn’t sure about upgrading but really glad I did - huge improvement. Already had 3 wheels so can’t comment on the Extreme wheel itself. I’d say go for it. I think majority of units are good but keep the DD Pro for a while until all looks good, just in case

• Molly NorrisMolly Norris Member
    edited August 8

I have a GT DD Pro and I've recently gotten back into GT7 after a long hiatus. I'm having an issue where after playing for some time (I'm just estimating here, but about 30 to 45 minutes) I start getting a regular/periodic hard stutter, every 3 seconds or so. The only "fix" is to reboot my PS5.

I had 455 drivers installed and was on the latest firmware from those drivers, and today I tried 457 + firmware update for the wheelbase with no change in this behavior. This has never happened before during the last time I played GT7 regularly (several months ago.)

When I'm playing on my PC I do not have this issue.

I saw this note in the changelog for CSL DD: "Fixed wheel communication freezes after some time of driving." which sounds like the exact issue I'm having, but obviously that is not the wheelbase I have.

• Marc BernardMarc Bernard Member
    edited August 8

I have a Clubsport DD with Windows 11 and had random disconnections (about 1 per hour) prior to driver 457 but haven't had any after 457 until yesterday. I added a USB peripheral to my computer (using the very last available port) and immediately had trouble registering button clicks with a disconnection occurring every 10 minutes or so coupled with a loss of feedback and random Fanalab LED behaviour.

I simply added a powered USB hub, connected the CS DD and a few other peripherals to it and the problems immediately stopped. I've since logged 10 hours without any issues.

This suggests that some of the problems may be related to the voltage reaching the base unit as overloading the motherboard's USB connections will cause the 5V USB voltage to sag.

• Thinks for answers everyone I really appreciate it...

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger as soon as I'm back in Germany currently I'm on holiday...

Hopefully I recieve good unit... 🤞🤞

• Just watching the gran turismo World Series In Prague they were to use the dd+. Well they still using the dd pro :(

• Anyone ever get their Rally button box to stop miss-shifting when you connect it with the Podium Hub?

Getting pretty close to just selling all my Fanatec stuff and grabbing a Simagic Alpha U

• edited August 10

No, nobody ever got their Rally button Box to stop miss-shifting. That's a firmware issue to be fixed at some point in the future.

This discussion has been closed.