Fanatec Driver 412 (previously 411) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
To see the previous changelog of driver 410 please visit this post:
Changelog of 411 since 410
- Fixed "Failed to load default firmware file (-4)"
- Fixed problem with "versions.xml" and motor firmware not updatable
- Fixed wheel firmware updater not starting
New driver UI improvements
- Fixed Typo in New Firmware Available
- Code cleanup and optimization of handling device arrival/removal.
- Fixed Scaling when Window is higher than screen height
- Changed appearance of FANATEC logo and Close Button in Fanatec Control Panel header
- Changed appearance of Connected Devices in menu
- Added automatically open game controllers panel if USB pedals are connected
- Fixed "Allow CSW V2.5 Compatibility Mode on PC" Toggle visibility
- Fixed FFB Test on Wheel Base page
- Changed text on test buttons
- Fixed overlapping text with McLaren V2 on Steering Wheel page
- Fixed format of FW version on P HUB and CSL UH
- Fixed Podium Hub + BME + CS MPM = No shifter shown
- Fixed Firmware version of steering wheels sometimes shown in new format
- Fixed APM Mode title not always showing correctly.
- Fixed Button indicator on P1 for X-Box Button
- Changed text on test buttons
- Fixed Typo in Mouse Emulation Hint (b -> B)
- Fixed BLI threshold visible on CSL P
- Fixed Pedal input values reach 100% but bar isn't completely full
- Realigned TickMarks on Pedal input bars
- Fixed CSP V3 missing Logo
- Fixed BRF on CSL LCK step adjustment
- Fixed changing Shifter mode not always reflected in UI on first change
- Fixed hint where Shifter calibration was mentioning Center Calibration
- Updated shifter to high res pictures
- Changed text on hint for map seq shifter to paddles
- Changed icon for Tuning page in menu
- Fixed SEN minimum on CSL DD in Advanced Mode
- Fixed SEN only adjustable in steps of 90
- Fixed FFS not hidden on Tuning Page when in Standard Mode
- Fixed FFS always PEAK when restarting UI
- Changed FFS to Force Feedback Scaling
- Changed OFF to 0 on FEI
- Added auto-switch to Update tab if wheel with outdated firmware gets attached
- Fixed opening Firmware Update page every time on wheel change
Settings and Links
- Added function to collect and zip Fanatec log files and Windows event log. The process can take a while for gathering and packing all logs into the .zip.
- Changed URL behind support link to account for different regions
- Updated social media icons
- Changed how shown tab settings are organized on Settings page
- Rework on logic, colors and order of Shown Tabs elements
How to use the new function to collect log files (only works with CSL DD
- Open the new UI via the desktop short cut or search for "Fanatec Control Panel".
- Press the "Collect Logs" button.
- This may take ~30 sec to collect all log files and put them into a .zip archive.
- The folder with the .zip will appear and you can upload it to the forum when reporting an issue.
The feature will be further improved to also collect more windows diagnostics, making the loading time for collecting the log files more clear and offering the collect log function on the first page in case the base is not detected.
The classic way of collecting logs is to put the files from the following folder into a .zip:
Update: For 412 hotfix changelog see post below
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are working on a fix which involves an extensive re-write of the Podium DD firmware.
- In some cases after all firmware updates are complete, the wheel might ask for another center calibration which can be performed either via the driver UI or the button combination of the connected wheel which is mentioned in its Quick Guide.
- New UI doesn't yet remember if a different product picture was chosen by the user and reverts back to default when opened again.
- The CSL DD power button pulses when opening the UI which doesn't affect functionality.
- The CSL DD power button color can appear different during the mode change but will be correct after the mode is completely changed. Does not affect functionality.
- New UI appearance requires further refinements, coming soon.
- Some people report that using 918 or BMW steering wheel won't allow full torque on the P DD while for others its working fine, we are investigating.
- CSL Elite, CSW and pedals via USB are still not supported by the new UI. This will be added later.
Compatible FanaLab Version:
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if its caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs
Marcel, you've messed up Fanalab version again 🤣
It's the Forum URL which shows 1.55 which most likely can not be "fixed"...😅
EDIT: lol. It CAN be fixed...... :D
I don't know what you guys are talking about 😋
Working perfectly here, uninstall 410, reboot, install 411, reboot, all devices picked up working as intended in Fanatec Control Panel and Fanalab.
my settings display are still not working via the xbox universal hub. I know this is not in the hotfix but would be great if this will be working in the next hotfix. I can change the settings but the display is not working when I acces the menu.
Thats a Firmware issue. There was no new Firmware included, so this issue is still known and on the list for a fix in the future.
My display was also not working on Universal Hub for Xbox so I switch it to xbox mode and return to PC mode and it was working.
Thank you I was not aware of this.
I tried everything already. My display works in compatibility mode but not to acces the menu settings. Its not an huge problem but I like to change alot of settings during gaming so it is very handy to have it.
Well sadly the firmware update is still not working for me. Same failed to load default firmware error. Uninstalled old drivers and fanalab. Running with the absolute minimum number of USB devices connected. Installed fresh driver and restarted PC, tried both manual and auto firmware updater with and without wheel connected. Wheelbase was connected directly to mobo. I tried both the 3.2 gen 1 and gen 2 ports as well as both my USB expansion cards. Asus TUF gaming X570 Wi-Fi with latest BIOS, W10 fully updated and 389 Ti.
sadly no fix for my Bmw GT2 wheel on a dd2.
That one requires a firmware fix and will take some more time, especially because not everyone is affected so it's super difficult to get the issue reproduced...
This update still has not fixed the problem with the Clubsport shifter in H-Pattern and the CSL DD. It will still not detect H-Pattern calibration.
You are absolutely right, but I think the problem was not addressed with this update. Seems like it's hard to reproduce at their labs. I offered a remote session and made a video of the issue, but it seems like a more complicated case. On the other hand, the CSL DD was released a month ahead of schedule. And this is something im still thankful for.
please make creating firmware for the Clubsport universal hub a priority. Currently the CSL DD is unusable on Xbox when using the Clubsport hub because the directional joystick and the A button do not work on either the button extensions nor on the hub itself. This means I cannot launch any game using the steering wheel because I cannot navigate or select. If I use Xbox controller to open the game, on certain games the wheel doesn't work because the game thinks I'm trying to use a controller instead of the wheel.
Right now the CSL DD is basically completely unusable, I had to remount my CSL Elite until a fix is created.
Same problem for me :(
I have DD1 and Formula Black Wheel. Updated and now only have low torque mode.
Great Work Fanatec NOT
Can you roll back firmware on the DD wheels so I can have a working DD1 base again ?
OK so the DD1 thinks it has the simplified quick release when I put the wheel on.
Still no joy for me...
uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and still the same... Logs attached.
same exact for me with my porsche 918 wheel. very frustrating especially waiting for my v2.5 wheel from preorder too
On the csw 2.5 'enabling csp v3 manual mode' keeps defaulting back to auto mode and resetting, has done for the last few drivers can this be fixed?
We've fixed the issue with not visible tuning menu on the UHX in a new firmware which we are testing right now.
Can you please collect the log files.
Either via the new function described in the first post (only works for CSL DD or P DD)
Or by putting the files from the following folder into a .zip: C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs
Thank you for the logs, we'll have a look
Are you trying in the old UI or the new? Because the CSW V2.5 is not yet compatible with the new UI...
Did you try different scenarios already to see if something can make a difference? Like:
Sadly we were still not able to reproduce the issue with many base/wheel combinations we've tried and the more people try different things and might be able to find some more detail to describe the issue the better for us getting an idea about the issue. Its a super weird one because its not effecting everyone an.
Can you give me an overview of your complete setup including wheel, pedals and which firmware everything has please.
Also let me know what you've already tried, for example:
Also here we are sadly not able to reproduce the issue and "only" part of the customers are affected which makes it harder to find the cause.
Thanks for the report, we'll have a look, haven't heard of that before I think.