Fanatec Driver 412 (previously 411) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
To see the previous changelog of driver 410 please visit this post:
Changelog of 411 since 410
- Fixed "Failed to load default firmware file (-4)"
- Fixed problem with "versions.xml" and motor firmware not updatable
- Fixed wheel firmware updater not starting
New driver UI improvements
- Fixed Typo in New Firmware Available
- Code cleanup and optimization of handling device arrival/removal.
- Fixed Scaling when Window is higher than screen height
- Changed appearance of FANATEC logo and Close Button in Fanatec Control Panel header
- Changed appearance of Connected Devices in menu
- Added automatically open game controllers panel if USB pedals are connected
- Fixed "Allow CSW V2.5 Compatibility Mode on PC" Toggle visibility
- Fixed FFB Test on Wheel Base page
- Changed text on test buttons
- Fixed overlapping text with McLaren V2 on Steering Wheel page
- Fixed format of FW version on P HUB and CSL UH
- Fixed Podium Hub + BME + CS MPM = No shifter shown
- Fixed Firmware version of steering wheels sometimes shown in new format
- Fixed APM Mode title not always showing correctly.
- Fixed Button indicator on P1 for X-Box Button
- Changed text on test buttons
- Fixed Typo in Mouse Emulation Hint (b -> B)
- Fixed BLI threshold visible on CSL P
- Fixed Pedal input values reach 100% but bar isn't completely full
- Realigned TickMarks on Pedal input bars
- Fixed CSP V3 missing Logo
- Fixed BRF on CSL LCK step adjustment
- Fixed changing Shifter mode not always reflected in UI on first change
- Fixed hint where Shifter calibration was mentioning Center Calibration
- Updated shifter to high res pictures
- Changed text on hint for map seq shifter to paddles
- Changed icon for Tuning page in menu
- Fixed SEN minimum on CSL DD in Advanced Mode
- Fixed SEN only adjustable in steps of 90
- Fixed FFS not hidden on Tuning Page when in Standard Mode
- Fixed FFS always PEAK when restarting UI
- Changed FFS to Force Feedback Scaling
- Changed OFF to 0 on FEI
- Added auto-switch to Update tab if wheel with outdated firmware gets attached
- Fixed opening Firmware Update page every time on wheel change
Settings and Links
- Added function to collect and zip Fanatec log files and Windows event log. The process can take a while for gathering and packing all logs into the .zip.
- Changed URL behind support link to account for different regions
- Updated social media icons
- Changed how shown tab settings are organized on Settings page
- Rework on logic, colors and order of Shown Tabs elements
How to use the new function to collect log files (only works with CSL DD
- Open the new UI via the desktop short cut or search for "Fanatec Control Panel".
- Press the "Collect Logs" button.
- This may take ~30 sec to collect all log files and put them into a .zip archive.
- The folder with the .zip will appear and you can upload it to the forum when reporting an issue.
The feature will be further improved to also collect more windows diagnostics, making the loading time for collecting the log files more clear and offering the collect log function on the first page in case the base is not detected.
The classic way of collecting logs is to put the files from the following folder into a .zip:
Update: For 412 hotfix changelog see post below
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are working on a fix which involves an extensive re-write of the Podium DD firmware.
- In some cases after all firmware updates are complete, the wheel might ask for another center calibration which can be performed either via the driver UI or the button combination of the connected wheel which is mentioned in its Quick Guide.
- New UI doesn't yet remember if a different product picture was chosen by the user and reverts back to default when opened again.
- The CSL DD power button pulses when opening the UI which doesn't affect functionality.
- The CSL DD power button color can appear different during the mode change but will be correct after the mode is completely changed. Does not affect functionality.
- New UI appearance requires further refinements, coming soon.
- Some people report that using 918 or BMW steering wheel won't allow full torque on the P DD while for others its working fine, we are investigating.
- CSL Elite, CSW and pedals via USB are still not supported by the new UI. This will be added later.
Compatible FanaLab Version:
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if its caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs