Fanatec Driver 450 (Prev. Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

I said that because in WRC Generations the name of the steering wheel doesn't appear in game menu settings like it does in PC and the vibrations menu settings is disable for brake and throttle. Everything is working well appart of pedals vibrations. BSI vibrations help but they are not accurate like when it came from the game.

Will we have pedals vibrations for xbox x ?

Does it work for PS5?

Thank you

BEST REGARDS

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

The Xbox doesn't detect specific wheels so far which is why it won't go into detail what is detected.

For the past years Xbox didn't allow to use such features but this now changed and we are currently developing an SDK for those features which then can get implemented by game developers. I'm not sure if WRC G will still be able to add it but it will benefit other future titles for sure.

The PS5 has better support for extra features like LEDs, display and vibration, should work there.

• No need - Windows takes care of replacing the new for the old. No need to overcomplicate things.

• Köszönöm a gyors választ! Ezek szerint a Gran Turismótól és a Polyphony Digitaltól várunk fejlesztéseket. Várhatunk-e további frissítéseket a Fanatectől ebben a kérdésben? Mi, Gran Turismo versenyzők csalódottak vagyunk, kicsit úgy érezzük, senki nem foglalkozik ezzel a hónapok óta tartó nagy problémával!

Érdekesség: a dobogótalapzatok Gran Turismo-ban is tökéletesen működnek, amire mi gt dd pro felhasználók is vágyunk!

• Thanks for the quick response! According to them, we expect improvements from Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital. Can we expect further updates from Fanatec on this issue? We Gran Turismo racers are disappointed, we feel a bit like no one is dealing with this big problem that has been going on for months!

Interesting fact: the podium bases also work perfectly in Gran Turismo, which is what we gt dd pro users also want!

• Got it. So then is what I described a known issue with firmware or something else?

I'm just trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my base.

• Yes, I had worked... but stopped somewhere around Racin'USA Pt3 update. I am not alone with this very issue... suppose something has changed in the game since then. I for example have massive issues with mapping my base (CSL DD) there now. It does not detect it, but after several game restarts it suddenly detects it, and then it works OK. But this has always been the issue with AMS2, nothing to do with Fanatec.

• "Interesting fact: the podium bases also work perfectly in Gran Turismo, which is what we gt dd pro users also want!" - no, they dont. They are also clipping even with in game strength setting of 1. It's a game issue, no hardware issue and it affects every wheel manufacturer, not just Fanatec.

• I would hope so, I was more expressing my own frustration at the time ;)

Anyways, great job on the new driver and Fanalab!

• Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited December 2022

Just updated to this driver and new Fanalab... have an issue just had installed a new Fanatec shifter that was working ok . now all of a sudden in neutral shows REVERSE all the time and no other value is issued when in H pattern mode ( and yes i redid calibration many times) ... Shifter connected thru the base obviously ( DD1)

Any sugestions? i doubt its a hardware issue since this just happened after the firmware update, shifter has like 1 week..

• Tried to install 447 again, same result, if gear 2,4,6 acts as if it was in neutral if neutral or any other acts as if it was in reverse ...

• I have a bit of an issue with the latest firmware update on csl dd. Both with 447 and 448beta driver.

Until pc driver 447, with 1.1.3.2 wheel base firmware and 1.0.2.2 wheel base motor firmware my base needed a small rotation to left and then a slightly bigger rotation to right in order to calibrate each time.

After a firmware update 3-4 days ago it needs a full rotation to the right.

What about customers who bought the Podium Hub in order to have steering wheels from other manufacturers? Because now the steering wheel usb cable needs to be detached each time I power on the base.

Is there a planned hotfix for this issue? (I tried 448 beta but it still does the same thing during calibration)

Or can I revert back to the firmware versions mentioned above in order to solve this issue?

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited December 2022

If you take QR1 base side off the shaft and turn it 180 degrees and then put it on the shaft this will happen, have you done it recently?

• Updated my CSL DD Pro and few wheels(F1 2019, Bmw GT2 v2, Uhx v2 and Mcl GT3 v1), and everything seem to went just right. Haven't had yet any problems when updating stuff, never has anything been bricked during these over10 years what I've been using F's products.

• No I have never touched the qr base-side.

Literally this calibration thing changed after the firmware update.

• But then you can try exactly that: take out your QR shaft, turn it 180°, re-insert it and re-calibrate the center position. Then it should calibrate the "old" way again.

• Just make sure to tighten the clamp bolt well,15Nm is the recommended torque.

• Well I would prefer not to do that to be honest. 😅

Not that I can't, but why suddenly change the way the base calibrates? Why bothering risking of "wheel" disconnections if the wheel-side qr isn't tight enough?

I understand that is not an issue with fanatec wheels but since they are offering an option for non-fanatec wheels I see that as an oversight by someone.

Is there a way to just revert to a previous firmware until this gets "fixed"?

BTW thanks for the help Maurice and Hristo!

• Hi I have the same problem as Lino Carreira I have found that it is the base firmware that causes the issue driver works ok as long as the fimware is not updated . Every gear shows as reverse ,I have downgraded everything to 447 an all is ok .

• After I've installed the new driver 448 and the new 3.0.1.3 firmware for Podium DD1 Base succesfully, the firmwware update stopped on this page with CS SW Formula V2

Should I press the X and attempt to redo the firware upgrade?

• Paolo RicciPaolo Ricci Member
    edited December 2022

I've pressed the X. Powered off the base as requested. Thighten more the wheel and reinstalled succesfully the firmware.

Pherhaps during upgrade the wheel got loosen for the motor rumble vibration and disconnected.

• Well, not gonna lie glad I am not alone, don't believe in coincidences but was already thinking something on the shifter had died on me ( 1 week only ence my suspicion with the firmware/driver) , mmm how do i downgrade to 447 ? need to do that then , thanks for posting this.

Lino

• Oh boy...

• A bit more info would be nice.

When and how did you managed to get this error? I thought you already updated the driver yesterday, why did you updated the firmware again today? Or did that came out of nowhere?

• Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited December 2022

Sorry for the lack of info, that was when downgrading to 447, in the mean time i managed to salvage everything by going back to 336 , then installing 447... apologies for the lack of info.

All good now, and yes going back to 447 also fixed the shifter only sending button 13 in 448.

sorry Maurice.

PS: in case you need to see the issue with the shifter from the new firmware and DD1 ( not sure if only with this base ) i added a video to the customer support ticket.

• Tom MTom M Member
    edited December 2022

Hello all,

I haven't upgraded in a while (probably Jan 2022), so I was a bit worried. I have the F1 Podium DD1 PS4 kit. Firmware upgrade for 448 looked like it worked though, atleast I was able to play GT7 and other PS5 games. Couple strange things though if anyone can explain:

1) Here's what the firmware should be:

2) Here's what I had prior to applying 448:

3) Here's what the new firmware shows after 448:

4) Here's what the PC output showed at the end (the numbers seem correct, but not matching the MAIN/MOTOR above.) It's strange:

5) I only have AUTO and CUSTOM settings on the base now and many of the options are now missing is this correct for the beta?

If anyone has any comments on the above, it would be appreciated to discuss. I'm assuming because it is beta that I am missing a bunch of features? In the end it worked great in GT7, so no complaints really for now :)

• edited December 2022

4) is correct. The actual Firmware is 3.0.1 for the Base and 3.0.0 for the Motor. The last numbers are just the Fiware revision, not needed to be displayed in the version screen of the base. So everything in your pictures is exactly as it should be.

5) you are in the (not so new anymore) Standard Tuning Menu which was introduced over 1 year ago. That Mode has limited settings and ranges for ease of use for newcomers. To get back into the old Mode with all the settings, just press the Tuning Menu Button for 3 seconds while being in the Tuning Menu.

• Oh bless you I didn't know that about the Tuning menu idea. I will do that. So all in all, but upgrade was a success, correct?

• Dennis GeyerDennis Geyer Member
    edited December 2022

Hi, i´m using the latest driver and as long as my elite pedals v2 have been connected to USB directly, all was fine.

Now, i wanted to connect them to my DD2 to have less cabling from the rig to my computer. But my CSL Elite Pedals are not working so far.

I see the pedal tab but all the pedals i can choose are backgrounded red and if i press the pedals, nothing happens.

Settings for Breakforce in the tuning menu are also missing.

Reinstalling the drivers didn´t help.

Before plugging the Cable from Base to pedals, i removed the USB cable from my computer.

Any ideas?

Thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.