FanaLab 2.00.09 Release Candidate (prev. 1.99.02) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• I have no doubt that it will happen one day

• edited September 2023

😉

• Hello,

I uninstalled my version on FanaLab before installing this one and restarted my computer. I keep having an issue where when I open Fanalab and select a profile, everything is working fine. As soon as I launch Iracing, load into a session, and get into the pitlane. Fanalab crashes. I'm not too knowledgeable about these programs or anything like that, so I have no clue where to begin looking to find the solution. Can I please get some help?

• edited September 2023

Can you please upload the FanaLab Logs as asked for in the first post of this thread?

It's otherwise impossible to investigate any kind of Crash issues without these Logs.

Also a bit more details would be great.. Does it happen with each car? Do you use CDALP or even my profiles which could result in some copy/paste error with the xml files or something like that?

• I sure can. Like I said I'm not to sure on how to do some of this. So where do I find the logs that you would need to see. Im not sure what a CDALP is but I do use your profile but I put them in myself individually myself. I don't import them in.

• How to report issues:

• List which hardware, driver and firmware you are using
    • Cross check with other settings, games and wheels to see if it's a general issue or specific with to a game, wheel or setting.
    • Is it happening with just one game (which one) or all you tried.
    • Go into detail how we can reproduce the issue.
    • Post screenshots or videos if needed.
    • In case of a FanaLab crash, use the "Collect Logs" feature under "Settings" and upload them here.

• edited September 2023

@everyone:

A bit later than usual, where I have the profiles ready the minute a new FanaLab version goes live, here I am again with my newest profile pack which is ready for todays newly released FanaLab version 2.00.06.

The pack includes the following changes:

• Added new profiles for the new iRacing 2023 Season 04 update with correct RPM per gear LED p0rn:
      • Acura ARX-06 GTP
      • Ferrari 296 GT3
      • Porsche 963 GTP
      • Super Formula SF23 - Honda
      • Super Formula SF23 - Toyota
    • Added new ProfileCarsList_iRacing file which includes the new cars.
    • Enabled DPR and Dynamic Damper in all iRacing profiles to keep the wheel more stable when you take your hands off the wheel. This should result in less wild oscillations on higher speeds when the Dynamic Damper starts to work.
    • Added the correct Pit Limiter RevLED Interval for EVERY car profile for every game which supports this feature in game to let the Pit Limiter RevLEDs blink in the same interval as the in game LEDs. Note: Due to the start of the blinking is not always synced with the in game LEDs the wheels on the wheel and the ones in the game can blink at different times, however, the Interval in which they blink is at least correct. Technically not possible to do better in the code as the in game LEDs start the blink at random times, meaning its also not possible for the Lab to work with some delay or other solutions.
    • Added new ffb_custom_settings file for AMS2. Switched from Danielkart V80 to a file from Alegunner68, which is based on Danielkarts V70 file. Made my usual adjustments to have a more pronounced curb feeling and to disable the scrub effect but to enable the flatspot effect. For this file its very important to also adjust the in game FFB values, for this I have updated the README file with my in game values.
    • Added new CarsList_AMS_Custom file which now included EVERY mod car I could find on the web, which means, even though I might have no profile for every mod car, at least every possible mod car now appears already in the Cars List in the Lab, makes it easier to bind the mod car if someone has it installed.

Note: Due to changes to the profile structure these profiles are ONLY compatible with FanaLab V2.00.06 and newer versions. They are completely incompatible with any older FanaLab version.

As always: Have fun with the profiles :)

• You are a legend. Thank you, always spot on!

Question - Noticed you are now utilizing Dynamic FFB on your iRacing profiles. Has something changed within iRacing or Fanatec because if I recall many moons ago, DPR never functioned properly within iRacing...

None the less, the profiles are magic and feel great, can't wait til I get the QR2 installed coupled with these profiles.

• edited September 2023

@Maurice Böschen I am having an issue with Fanalab crashing every session, between 30 and 60 minutes in. My case is a bit odd because I'm using a USB conversion kit from SRM with my Clubsport Formula V2.5x wheel.

Since I know it's not officially supported, should I even bother posting my logs here with all my info? Don't wanna clog up the thread with a big post and Event Viewer errors.

I should add that I've switched to FanaLEDs in the meantime, which never crashes, but it's obviously got a lot less functionality - so that could make sense, even though I've gone as far as disabling everything in Fanalab except the main LEDs. I've also reverted to using Fanalab 1.66.

I don't really care what the issue is, even if it's on my side - I just want to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

• Hello Maurice, I was wondering why put the base at 60% and not 100% for iracing? Isn't it better to set the base to 100% and lower the FFB in the game directly? thank you for your reply

• it crashes a lot where can io find a crash report ?

FanaLab.exe.18012.dmp this is too big to post here

• Hello Maurice!! Thank you again very much for your work. Just tell you that although it is not important, just so you take it into account, it is that in the profile of the Ferrari 296 in iracing. The rev limit flashing is not activated...at least in my case!! ;). Thanks again!!

• That's intended because on the redline in game it actually does not flash, only on 2nd or 3rd gear.

The flash in game is coming later after the redline.

• Please see first post how to report issues and how to get log files to upload here.

However @everyone we identified that this version crashes a lot in some scenarios, can happen when loading a profile or even when detaching a Wheel.

So the crashes are known.

There will be a hotfix next week.

• Fanalab crash

using latest fanalab version

also using latest drivers

cls elite ps4 steering wheel

windows 11

AMd Ryzen 5600x

16 giga ram

Nvidia 4070

ssd drives

• Posting this anyway, since it's not related to only the latest version.

PC specs:

Intel 9700K

32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Vision

Sim racing hardware:

SimuCube OSW

Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals

Fanatec Clubsport Formula V2.5x wheel

SimRacingMachines USB conversion kit 5.x

• i forgot to say that it only crashes at rfactor 2 when trying to change profile or even choose a profile

no problen in ACC or AMS 2

• Don't be like me..... (Version 1.99.05)

When I played AMS2, my Fanalab crashed regularly (not every time, but regularly). What I found:

1. A while back, I have assigned a certain setup to a large number of cars.
    2. Since then, I have installed an updated custom FFB file for AMS2 and reconfigured my FFB settings in game and on Fanalab, but .... I renamed the new Fanalab file and set it as the new default.
    3. I thought about the large number of cars assigned to the previous setup. I thought it might be a good idea to delete that file. My thinking was that, if I load the car, and the file is not there anymore, it will just use the file currently loaded in Fanalab. Well, it did not. It crashed Fanalab.
    4. I fixed the problem by creating another file with the same name than the one deleted previously and then painstakingly removed every car assigned to that setup one by one. That fixed the crash problem and I could delete that file again.
    5. Further discovery: I had assigned one file to all the Karts. When I load a Kart, the file is loaded into the wheel - no problem. However, if I change to another car with no specific assigned file, Fanalab keeps the Kart file active. I was hoping it would go back to the default file for a car that doesn't have a specific file assigned to it.

Now, all of the the above might be in these forums somewhere, and I'm just arriving late to the party. However I hope it may help somebody like me to solve a little problem. I hope the Devs see this and think about how to make it possible to delete multiple car assingments simultaneously and add a few program lines to address the switching back and forth between cars that have assignments and those that don't.

Thank you for your patience.

• "Fixed an issue which lead to a FanaLab crash when the base is powered-off."

I think this may have fixed my issue that I reported earlier, actually. 😥

Almost 2 hours without any crashes - by far the longest so far.

• "Further discovery: I had assigned one file to all the Karts. When I load a Kart, the file is loaded into the wheel - no problem. However, if I change to another car with no specific assigned file, Fanalab keeps the Kart file active. I was hoping it would go back to the default file for a car that doesn't have a specific file assigned to it."

Thats exactly as its designed. CDALP only works when a profile is assigned to a car and the game default profile only wokrs on initial game start. When you load a car which is not bound to a profile via CDALP, then its correct that the previously used profile stays active.

This is as designed and wont be changed.

• Gagaryn .Gagaryn . Member
    edited October 2023

Then the default profile is not a default profile. Default is defined as "a preselected option adopted by a computer program or other mechanism when no alternative is specified by the user or programmer."

It would be much more logical for Fanalab to revert back to the default profile when there is no profile bound to a particular car.

The fact that you claim that this won't be fixed, despite it making absolutely no sense, pretty much sums up Fanatec - an illogical mess of poor decisions and worse implementation.

• Because of these and various other problems that Fanatec unfortunately brings with it and is unable to solve, it was time for me to change base. By the way Maurice: The V80 Custom in Ams2 has nothing to do with the V70

• I'm not sure if this has to do with the last Fanalab version.

But I noticed during endurance races that the Oled screen after some time wasn't working anymore. And I noticed that Fanalab wasn't running anymore.

Thought let's check the log, it was over 5GB.

And it is repeating this line "2023/10/01[18:13:38.037] [013732][025200] [RevLed Interface]: Error False on ItemSetOff"

Wheel Base Rim   : Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3

Something I could do about it?

Added the Fanalab log, event viewer errors and the profile I use in Fanalab

• edited October 2023

I know about the Customs but the one I use is a modified one based on a file from Alegunner68 which is based on the V70.

And in my previous pack I used your v80 file which I have now replaced.

I never said V80 has anything to do with V70 ;)

I like this custom file the most (and yes I tried all your newer files and none was as nice as the one from Ale) and therefore use it in my newest profile pack.

• I read clearly that the V80 is based on the V70. That's wrong Alegunners Custom is also based on the V80. But you will know. You can use whatever you want, I just wanted to point out the error

• edited October 2023

Ok. Thx for correction then ^^

Corrrect is then: Switched from Danielkart V90 to a file from Alegunner68, which is based on Danielkarts V80 file.

• The file is the V80 and is also based on the V80. Modified by Allegunner and by you

This discussion has been closed.