What will be the hottest feature of the ClubSport Wheel V2?

Comments

• I'm so jealous of those who get an early invite. I held off getting a V1 so I could afford a V2. Oh well, whenever I can get one will be a big day in my house for sure! I've been excited to get a beautiful Fanatec wheel to go with my CSP V2 ever since they came out. Should've bought the wheel first, LOL.
  • I know its too late now, but I would have liked to have seen the I/O block rotated 90 degrees so connections could come horizontally out of the back, rather than vertically.  I guess it depends on your rig, but on the Obutto Rev2 the curent setup makes things very awkward.
  • Robert TinseyRobert Tinsey Member
    edited September 2014
    I absolutely love my v1! It has been nothing but amazing. I can't wait to try the brushless motor and increased resolution of v2. I am super surprised that the higher resolution wasn't of more importance to people. It is incredible to get more resolution than the existing v1. I didn't get an invite because I bought the base from a friend that went on to uy an extreme wheel that cost 3k (no thanks, I'll take the v2 for almost 1/6 less. No way is that wheel 6 times better than the v2!. I did however buy the v2 pedals, f1 and BMW rims and extra load sensor straight from Fanatec. I hope I can get an invite! You guys do such amazing work! You have a customer for life! 
  • The V2 sounds great. Can't wait to put my hands on it.
  • Would be a great upgrade to my GT3 RS V2
  • So happy to see this ! Finally I can have one wheel base and a rim for XBO and PS4/PC. Already have Clubsport Pedals V1 and Clubsport Shifter Set.
  • Still no mention of Xbox 360 compatibility? Can anyone confirm/deny if a suitable rim will be released for use with the 360? With Forza Horizon 2 still scheduled, not to mention Forza 4 (and 3-my favourite), F1 2014, and GRID Autosport, I think there would be a decent market for such a rim, not to mention the fact it might make the CSW V1 more attractive to those yet to take the step into the 'next gen'.

I will post this in all relevant sections and hope for a positive outcome :)

• Sounds like the setup I've been waiting for.  Cross compatible with the PS4, X1 and PC (I own all), Interested in how this is going to play out with the different wheels. 

Hopefully there will be a F1 type wheel, and all the accessories (pedals, shifters etc.) available. I've been holding back on purchasing others as nothing compares to Fanatec setups.

Double the resolution sounds  great but will games be able to pick up on this?

• I bought csr elite on 5-18-12 and a csw on 11-17-13. Has anyone received email with purchase dates close to these? Wondering if I am close to receiving email.
  • Bought my CSR Elite 11-17-2011 and my first CSW in july 2012, and I haven't received any invite e-mails from Fanatec yet, so no need to panic.
  • M. GrootM. Groot Member
    edited September 2014

Now that you have seen the specs and details of the new Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 please tell us what features you are interested most.

Please vote and leave a comment if you like to win an invite as we will give-awy 5 additional invites among all people who voted and left a comment.

The other invites will be sent out by end of next week and in several waves over the next months. You will be notified by e-mail and the invite will be shown in the customer profile.

FANATEC is just a way of life.

The feels the looks the metal.

I feel good when I'm behind a fanatec wheel

.I now own a plastic wheel rim (I call no brand) for my xbox one but that's not the Fanatec feeling.

I played on the PlayStation 3 and xbox 360 with my Fanatec CSR elite with the F1 wheel and elite pedals, I miss it.

• Even if I don't get the invite, I'll still be upgrading from my CSW Base V1, which still works great.
  • seems really to be a step forward
  • Hottest feature has to be the introductory price!
  • Matt FergusonMatt Ferguson Member
    edited September 2014

If you combine PC/PS4/Xbox one compatibility as the first priority it equals 41%. Good to note going forward Thomas. Sounds like worse case scenario in 5 or so years just need to buy a new rim to be compatible with new PS5 and Xbox whatevers.

Thanks Thomas, nice work!

• mr.thomas when will you announce the five lucky invited men:) i cant wait:) thanks...
  • Hi Thomas,
    I ordered my CSRE on 10/15/2012. Where does that place myself and others who purchased their's around the same time in the time line for invites for the CSV2 wheel base? Also I have spent $2,178.08 with your company. I race on an XBone so all of my Fanatec equipment except for my CS pedals V2 (thanks to Basher Boards) are moping in the pits

Is the Endor portion of Fanatec named after the Forest Moon from Star Wars?  
  • mr.thomas when will you announce the five lucky invited men:) i cant wait:) thanks...
    You certainly know how to wind any lady members up, yoiu could get some feedback that you didn't expect.

You certainly know how to wind any lady members up, yoiu could get some feedback that you didn't expect.

sorry i correct "five lucky members" :)
  • Helle all,

for my part :
    .better durability of all component (specialy the belt),
    .better feeling with new servo,
    .Torque improve.

Can't wait for the invitation for purchase (France)

Regards

• Danny WalkerDanny Walker Member
    edited September 2014
    OH Please, Thomas I NEED A NEW WHEEL Base's BAD! ^:)^ [-O<
    I already bought 1 steering wheel for it back in July ?, 2014. I can't wait to get one of these new Base's on my rig. B-) OH, Please send me a "Invite" or "Code" whatever you call it Please:-w
  • I'll be looking very closely at this base and seeing what people have to say about it as well as the price when it becomes available to more customers.
  • I just cant wait!!!!!!
  • Voted and can't wait to get mine!!

And to be bale to use ti with my xbox one in the future is epic!!

• I am ridiculously excited about getting my hands on one of these V2's. I currently use the CSR wheel with CSP V2 which to me is still a fantastic wheel/set up. I've been holding off buying the CSW V1 purely because of next gen compatibility. I enjoy all the F1 games, dirt and Forza, GT on the X360/PS3 but have also purchased a PS4 for next gen. Looking forward to hearing more about PS4 addons to enjoy Project Cars and the future GT. I'll also move in to PC sims when I buy this wheel - I'd be crazy not to. This will surely be another Toy to keep quiet about and hide (the price) from my wife haha!
  • I'm hoping to get a invite to purchase this wheel, this will be my first fanatec product and probably won't be my last...
    The other invites will be sent out by end of next week and in several waves over the next months. You will be notified by e-mail and the invite will be shown in the customer profile.
    So wir haben jetzt Mittwoch der darauf folgenden Woche und so wie es aussieht sind immer noch keine Einladungen verschickt worden!

Könnte sich vielleicht mal jemand von Fanatec dazu herablassen die Kundschaft über den Stand der Dinge zu informieren!

Denke es haben mittlerweile genug nachgefragt wie es aussieht mit den Einladungen.

Erst die Kunden eine Woche lang heiss machen, dann noch ein paar Reviews und jetzt kein Kommentar mehr!

Schade!!

Wäre nett einfach nur mal zu wissen wie und vor allem wann es jetzt weiter geht!!
  • *voted
    ...und auch wenns leider eher unwahrscheinlich ist bei dem Andrang,
    trotzdem voller Hoffnung auf eine Einladung!!
    Ich würde die V2 glatt kaufen, und zwar sofort ; )
  • I've only played with a Xbox wheel on my 360 so I've got nothing to compare it with....But with Project Cars in sight, on my XBOne, I only wanna race with the best setup there's out there.

I just can't imagine how it'll feel on my playseat, with the 3 pedal set and shifter....If I don't get an invite, I sure as hell hope there will be a complete set available for Xone soon so Ican buy it all at once !!! 

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • i hope an invite too