Load Cell Pedal Breakdown

2»

Comments

• I hope they will answer me and solve the problem, also because it is certainly not my fault that the pedal no longer works.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited November 2023

that is also a reason why this days motherboards have backup chip with firmware. if something happens user can use that backup chip firmware instead

that chip self cost less than delivery or factory repair time

• Fanatec support decided to answer me and sent me the data to spend the pedal in service for repair. Let's hope for the best...

• Let us know how it goes

• One issue is never unplug a device that is updating the firmware unless it has a cancel option. Even though it said the update failed. You should keep trying until you have the option to cancel and wait until it finishes everything before you unplug it. Old PC's without a bios backup used to get bricked all the time. I can't remember how many bios chips I un-soldered from MB's so I could reflash them and solder them back on. I never update the firmware on anything unless I am having an issue the new firmware addresses. Sorry for your problems, but a 2-year-old pedal set should not need a firmware update unless you were trying to attach them to a new DD wheelbase that it does not support.

• I didn't unplug anything, I waited and tried again and nothing happened. Here it is not a question of updating or not updating. Here we are talking about releasing drivers without even testing them, and in fact you immediately eliminated the 453 version and replaced it with the 454. Don't even try to blame consumers who upgrade their devices if you give them the means to do so and moreover they don't work because you don't even deign to test them.

• Try searching for device manager with the Windows button. Then expand the human interface devices tab. In there there may be a disabled driver (If a driver is disabled or nonfunctional there will either be an arrow or an exclamation mark overlayed on the icon). If a driver is disabled, right-click it and enable the driver. If you are indeed having the same problem I was this should fix it. Just also be sure you are re-updated to version 454 if you downgraded trying to fix it. LMK if you have any luck with this.

• Hello, I wanted to inform you that despite the poor and absent communication with the assistance, the Load Cell pedal has been returned and is functional. It has not been replaced but has been fixed. I waited between confirmation of service, shipping and redelivery a month. Be careful when you send the products to service because I shipped my pedal with the original box together with all its parts and I was delivered the box cut clean with the cutter and with the top torn. Shipped and packed with the original box in perfect condition and returned ruined and cut. Service workers are animals who don't care about customers' products.