Fanatec Beta Driver V352/356 [DD Performance Update] for Podium Bases ONLY (all steering wheels)

Comments

• Fabio ArancioFabio Arancio Member
    edited December 2019

Yes, I have already checked the temperatures on my other two "official" steering wheels and I realized that they remain fairly low. That information is mostly useful for having more details on the peaks and for having a general picture of our hardware. I hope maybe to see it in the future. Anyway, thanks for your immediate reply and I wish you happy holidays. Best regards, FA.

• I don't know if this is the right place, but I've got the new Endurance module and Podium paddles and have installed the 352 drivers and new FanLab software. Everything seems to be working but when I tested the buttons in the driver setup I found that the small paddle at the top on the right triggers the light on the screen for the left paddle and vice versa. All the other buttons and paddles work fine. So I don't know if this is a software issue or the Podium Hub has been wired wrong.

Thank you for any thoughts

• edited December 2019

Sounds like a wiring issue. BUT anyway, you have to install driver 353 from the software package if the Webshop page, NOT this driver 352!!! That package also contains several new firmwares which only then enables full compatibility. Chances are there that your issue is already solved then.

• need to update the Podium Hub firmware to fix this - happened to me

• I updated and everything went very smooth as far as the process. Just wanted to note that, since usually no one posts when it goes well, just when it doesn't.

I do have a question, anyone notice a lot more "clunk" in the wheel? I did set FFB interpolation to 6. In iracing, I ran the exact same track, setup, and wheel settings, aside from setting interpolation to 6, and I just feel like I am feeling the wheel hopping around a lot more than it did with the old FW. Is this to be expected? I am not stating that this is a bad thing, I just want to make sure that is to be expected, and that I am not having an issue. Turning off interpolation completely, and I get almost a constant chatter.

I had read interpolation of 6 should make the wheel behave pretty much exactly as it did before, but it definitely feels like I am getting a lot more road "noise".

• I didn’t feel too much difference in iRacing but at a Recommended setting of force feedback of 40 on F1 2019, it definitely feels a lot stronger than the previous firmware to me.

I can feel a little more road noise as well with an interpolation of 6.

Just for fun, turn it off and see how that feels. It’s crazy bumpy.

• Thanks Keith. I ran a couple of races, and I definitely like the FFB, it just feels a bit different to me...which I guess should be expected.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): V2.5

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula black

Driver Version: 352

Base FW Version: 669

Wheel FW Version: 20

I can't upgrade my base motor. When I click ok, the start button flashes red and nothing loads in windows. Already tried to reinstall the old driver, used another computer, changed the usb port. I am quite concerned about this situation.

• OK I've upgraded to the 353 drivers and it still registers the top small paddles and the wrong way round so must have been wired up wrong in the Podium Hub. It still works so not much of a problem unless I swap with my podium V2 wheel where the paddles would swap again.

• Mark HaymanMark Hayman Member
    edited December 2019

I had the same problem too! Just simply load up the fanatec wheel properties and flash the Podium hub firmware. Just flash the default, do not load the new hex file. It updates to firmware version 2 and the paddles are correctly mapped.

• Make sure you installed driver 353 and flash base firmware to v670rev1819, BME firmware to v9 and P HUB Firmware to v2.

• @Maurice

I installed the driver version 353 (I have the DD1 with Porsche 918 wheel) and if I try to update the motor firmware from 30 to 38 I try to load the hexfile pdw__DD_Base_V670_rev1819_app_S.hex the the message is coming "warning - annot flash firmwar, incompatible with the current update mode!". What do I have to do?

• You load the wrong firmware. Load the motor firmware 38 and not the base firmware 670.

• Where do i find the firmware 38? Looked on the fanatec webpage for the dd1, but there is just the 352.beta driver.

• It's included in the driver. Just click update motor firmware, click connect, click Flash. That's it.

• Thank you

• Thank you very much Rinus, your advice has completely solved my issue regarding rf2, including the loss of ffb. I wish you a happy new year. See you on track!

• edited December 2019

I desperately need some help. This morning my GT3 P arrived. Assembled it and eagerly waited for eoworking day to test it. 1st - 3,53dr just like 3,52 does not recognize the wheel. The moment it's installed, the USB input device goes bad.

and it disappears from controllers too

if I delete it, it and do scan for hardware changes, it comes back to game controllers

However, if I try to launch fanatec control panel, it freezes for 10 or so sec, and dd2 disappears from game controlers app as well as broken usb device appears in device manager.

this is what it tells about its pain

Can anyone help me with some advice how to solve it?

• Of course, i can use the new wheel with dr346, but button module won't work as supposed, dd2 would work in a bit aged state, updated fanalab sw won't even start if dr is not on v35x branch. Kind of disappointment for almost 700€ spent on a rim.

• just in case. switched USB ports, cleaned registry for any keys with "fanatec" in them. reinstalled mb chipset drivers, installed the latest fws there was available on any PC system component. (before postin previous post)

• Delete any and all Fanatec software on your computer. Additionally, delete all folders containing any Fanatec drivers. Then, if you are comfortable with this, try uninstalling all usb input devices and restart the system. Your system will recognize the USB devices and update them and then you can re-download and install the Fanatec software.

Keith.

• edited December 2019

the funny thing is that any pre-35x drivers work just fine. what the hell is with this particular gen? What's so toxic that keeps tha whole system confused just because the new gen drivers arrive?

• I'm sorry I couldn't help you any further. I truly hope you get it sorted out.

V/R

Keith.

• I think I recall where it went wrong. I was rallying, but felt new ffb wrong, so i alt-tabed to desktop and launched fanatec control panel. In new tuning tab swithched a linearity tab 1 or 2 timesf. appart from that, tried changing wheel sensitivity by slider in control pannel - it went so bloody crazy - you try to pull the slider from 2k+ down to 500smthng, but it keeps jumping back to around 2k. finally it just hang up

• Hello i have a big issue : i lose signal on long straight lines randomly. the wheel don't react during 0,5 seconds (no FFB and no shifting or what ever are possible) an the siagnal back to normal. Any ideas about this issue? Thanks

• edited December 2019

Hello the community,

Can someone tell me please if those drivers can be used also with a CSW V2.5 or are they exclusively dedicated to DD’s?

Cheers and best wishes,

Oli

• Podium only. For the CSW stick to v346 or v347. I kept my CSL Elite on 346 when I still had it since a few people seemed to have issues on CSL/CSW with 347 but most issues for that driver were with Podium bases.

• Thanks for the swift reply. I will keep it on 346 then. ;)

• In the first post it says (All Wheels)been using this driver on my CSW 2.5 since first release, not had any issues all is working just great :)

This discussion has been closed.