Fanatec Beta Driver V352/356 [DD Performance Update] for Podium Bases ONLY (all steering wheels)

Comments

• Any chance you forgot to update your wheel and for some reason the firmware's are incompatible?

Did you try to power up with no wheel attached?

• yup. did with and without wheel, and tried different wheels. Tried every combination of firmware with the v38 and versions prior to 664 would load and startup with fan 100%, then would splash screen freeze if I flashed compatible firmware from there.

• Additionally, with all the drivers that will load, the response shown in the function test screen for the wheel reading is super choppy. If i turn it it doesnt update position smoothly or regularly.

• And that response transfers to iracing where the feedback and in-car steering wheel jumps around not smoothly even if I am parked and turn the wheel deliberately smooth and slow.

• I just checked on another PC and the same response. If I turned the wheel really quickly in the function test screen, I cant even see the values change until the next refresh of the position. Can anyone else confirm that this behavior is normal? I am starting to get buyers remorse. I have not even been able to use this base yet.....

• Just reinstalled my CSL elite with same drivers and the associated firmware and the response is super smooth.

• All "us Americans" actually don't care...and we don't care for the lesson in geography? Amazon is worth $950B for a reason-- it doesn't sleep. Oh, and it also hires out others to do menial things. Stuff like sort of deliveries so that they get to people on time, sort out returns typically at no charge to the customer, process RMA's and provide return shipping labels. The reason is because they can then focus on core competencies like fixing software. The smart people at Fanatec need to fix the bugs in the firmware like yesterday. And by the way, not everybody in North America is "American".

• Does anyone also have in AC and ACC no ledlights and speedvalues in der porsche 918wheel ?

In R3E its working.

V352.

• edited January 2020

God Karen, err Cassandra, you sound like a person that calls for the manager at every given opportunity.

Fanatec isn't Amazon. For one their personnel actually gets paid a fair wage and appropriate work conditions, like having off over Christmas.

All you do here is disturb and flame with pseudo technological explanations.

• Regarding the "Thunk" when powering off the wheel base.

I am using a DD1.

Usually after a sim session, I leave my computer and sim hardware powered on for a bit to allow the fans to continue to run and cool everything down. I don't like to just shut everything off after it has been running hot. Anyway, sometimes I leave my sim room after this, and simply forget to come back and turn everything off. Both times that I have done that, and went and powered off the wheel base in the morning, I have received no "thunk", just a normal shut off of the wheel. I will try and do further testing to find an estimated time that it takes to not experience the sound.

• Just a note on the clanging in case it helps....

I had this as well most notably with iRacing - but as Im usually in the same car I have not changed rims....

Changing rims made it pretty clear the clanging for me at least is coming from the BMW rim if I smack into things... If I use a formula rim - I get nothing at all from the base....

Below really crappy vid but you get the noise loud and clear...

https://youtu.be/8Wveye15d-s

• edited January 2020

WOWZERS!!! My DD2 base doesnt make that Noise even I crash😬

What is your on wheel FFB set to?

• To be clear it is not the base making that noise.

Settings per the recommended post here except for the Porsche in game Im 8.5 strength - for the Skippy 4.5, F3 around 3 (as the bumps are just crazy on the F3.... I would love to up the general strength but stop the serious bumps getting so high but the new setting that suggests it does that just makes the whole thing weak.

• Aaaah ok Got it😆 I miss read your original post😬

• No worries - I still dont think the wheel should make that noise though.... and it did not before these drivers.

• Any chance you are using profiles for iRacing via Fanalab which are pre Driver 352? Which settings do you use for INT and FEI for example?

• Celso FerrioCelso Ferrio Member
    edited January 2020

Hello, I would like to know the meaning of these four values. (Mot: 22 Drv 29: Bas: 24 WQR: 27 )

• Mot: Motor, Drv: Driver, Bas: Base, WQR: Wheel Quick Release

:)

• Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited January 2020

Well, I'm finally back on the road after getting my replacement DD1. What a saga that was ! I won't bore anyone with all the gruesome details, but just imagine one clusterf%$# after another: First replacement wheelbase being sent 1000km from where I now live, followed by a fair bit of heated and unnecessary argy bargy with Fanatec HQ, then eventually another DD1 being sent to the right place and you'll get the some idea of what I've endured.

Anyway, the good news is that I've gone straight back to v352 firmware, updated the motor firmware, etc, etc and so far so good – touch wood! No crazy temperatures. No crazy knocks. No cogging. Everything feels as it should.

The only serious issue at this point is that I feel like my driving is already as rusty as hell, but I'll be working on that for many many hours over coming days and nights.

Hopefully I'll now being able to forget the things about Fanatec that I don't enjoy and just get back to appreciating the things I do enjoy.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Pretty sure I've explained it before, it's not scrapping anything and it's nothing to worry about. We are looking into solving it anyway though.The knock sound is coming from rapidly starting and stopping a very small movement. There are strong bearings inside which prevent anything from touching.

• I'm sorry Marcel, must have missed this explanation...

But it's just like i said on posts before this one, nothing extremely wrong going on...

• Hello, there are many of us who have raised big concerns with this update and the x-box-one, (bad sensations, significant oscillations, and steering wheel angle problem). Marcel Pfister can you communicate on this subject. Cordially.

• edited January 2020

edit...

• YeaH my DD1 is a mess and the BME has only one page!

Dialog between Fanatec and customers.

Fanatec: We need your money months ahead,

Customer: Hummmm you promised to deliver the DDx wheel bases, then you held my money hostage for months and deliver a wheel base full of bugs.

Fanatec: We fix all that. Go ahead buy the BME and you can count on having weeks before Xmas.

Customer: are you sure? You know I am buying this for my 10yr old son and 11 yr daughter for Xmas. Are you sure you will deliver on time?

Fanatec: Yes I am sure

Customer: ok I will buy it..

Customer waits, due date arrives and as usual delivery gets delayed.

the customer sends email stating that he is willing to pay extra for deliver before Xmas. Customer gets ignored, sends another email and gets ignored again! and again. Xmas goes, the kidds dont get their present. Dad sens another email for when they can expect the 600+ wheel.. no answer. the wheel arrives the January 2nd-3rd.

Dad installs all the firmware needed, now their base clunks like an 18wheeler with a damage gear box.

customer sends email to Fanatec asking about the clunk, with a video recording.

Fanatec, this is normal, but we are fixing it the next release, please do not use you DD2 until we fix "this normal" glitch.

Customer: can I revert to the old firmware?

Fanatec: I would not advise you to do that. Just wait for the next release.

Customer: when is you next release>

Fanatec: we do not know at this time.

Good thing we have 2 DD2s and dad upgraded one!

Fanatec = clowns that take money from idiots like us, and 9.9 of 10 when they deliver something it has more bugs than a swamp in a tropical forest.

• WOW! Really? the hardware is what it is, it can not be changed by software. Saying that code can change the hardware from from anything to anything is just wrong. No hardware in the world can change because of software. Software-Firmware can only change what is exposed to the upper stack...which in it self can leverage more of the hardware resources. If you really subscribe to this theory, I have an ice bridge to sell you in South Florida and for the giggles I show you how the mind power can bend an spoon🤣

• edited January 2020

LOL...You said a whole bunch of Nothing🤣🤣🤣.. Either you can't or dont read... you probably really think you can bend a spoon with the power of your mind<--- To this I say there is No Spoon🤓...I said Nothing about hardware being changed🤐.

As i read though your post please Feel free to Carry on your unsatisfied customer rants without Me...My DD2 is working just fine on 353 and the FFB feels better than any prior Dr/Fw to date.

Boredom is Not good for this forum...I hope the New Dr/Fw comes soon.

• Kai GroschupfKai Groschupf Member
    edited January 2020

So I installed this driver/firmware so I can use FanaLab for my Clubsport v 2.5 wheel. I installed it, ran Fanalab and just played around with the LED settings. I loaded up iRacing as usual, when suddenly my wheel spun violently all the way to the right and vibrated strongly while hitting the stop. After that, I did downgrade back to the V328 driver after and it works fine again but I can't use FanaLabs. It vibrated so strong that even my right shifter paddle almost felt off because the screws got loose. Did I install a wrong version or something? Is this a known issue? I thought this was supposed to be compatible with the Clubsport v2.5?

This discussion has been closed.