Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2 [Incl. Instructions] (Only Podium DD)

Comments

• Hi Keith,

Thanks for your help.

Are you updating the Motor Firmware with the wheel attached? If so then try to update the Wheelbase FW to 670, then center the wheel again. Then try to update the motor FW without the wheel attached.

-Tried this without the wheel with the same result

What FW version is the Podium Hub Firmware? It should be ver. 2 but really you should be able to update the motor FW first so I don't know that it matters.

-V2 and the Porche wheel at V8

Try to Delete the motor calibration first before updating the FW. I have no idea if this would help but I guess you have to try everthing.

-Tried this, same result the wheelbase can't be found

When you say that you update the motor firmware from 30 to V38. Does the version in the Wheel Properties 'update' tab say the the motor FW is now V 38. If so, then did you delete the wheel calibration and then re-calibrate it before you attach the Porsche wheel with the BME?

-Not sure how to check this, the firmware tool shows it is running 38. When I revert to driver 346 and base firmware 667 the motor is still on 38 and the fan flowing at full rate.

• "-Not sure how to check this, the firmware tool shows it is running 38. When I revert to driver 346 and base firmware 667 the motor is still on 38 and the fan flowing at full rate."

Found a recent post by Maurice Böschen this morning (https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/42489#Comment_42489):

Motor v30 is NOT compatible with the required Base Firmware 669 or 670 - the fan would always spin at full speed 4000rpm 100%.

Always ONLY use the proper Motor Firmware which is compatible with the Base Firmware - they have to match, otherwise this could lead to unforeseen issues like you mention with 662/38 which is also NOT a compatible pair!

• Thanks for sharing, makes sense. The issue for me is that after installing driver 356 and updating the base firmware to 670 everything works. But the moment I install motor firmware V38 everything is stuck as mentioned in my original post.

• When will I be able to use my Porsche Wheel and Button Module Endurance with my Clubsport Wheelbase 2.5? It's very expensive and I'm starting to doubt it will ever work....

• RustoffRustoff Member
    edited May 2020

Hi I am very new to all of this and I am having an issue where I can see the ITM (Multi info display) on my button module, but it doesn’t work when iRacing. The legacy mode shows the gear changes, but display 1 (the more complex screen) shows only 0 values? I can’t change between legacy and display 1 using FanaLab, only on the wheel. Is this a known problem? Or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks for any help on this.

using pc driver 356

firmware

wheel base 670, motor 38, wheel 9, podium hub 2

DD1 + Porsche podium wheel

• You have unchecked the checkbox „use wheel shift indicator“, clicked the Enable_ITM registry file?

should work in iRacing just fine

• ”use wheel shift indicator” is supposed to be UNchecked?

it would be super useful on this forum if there was a sticky on how to get each wheel to properly function with each major sim...I.e iRacing, F1, ACC, etc.

I always find myself scouring these pages looking for Maurice’s posts on what should be checked, unchecked, enabled, disabled when something doesn’t seem to be properly working for me

• Yes, that checkbox has to be UNchecked.

You have a instruction in FanaLab directly how to set-up every game to work properly which appears when you click "Enable FanaLab's Game LED/Hardware Support". The iRacing instruction is outdated and says to unecheck the "Use Fanatec wheel shift ind." box as this checkbox was renamed from iRacing with season 2 patch but its pretty much the same and self-explaining... ^^

• RustoffRustoff Member

Unfortunately, I have already unchecked the “use wheel shift indicator”. When you say clicked the enable ITM registry file, are you saying load the program that came with the FanaLab button module package 1.2? If so I have done that and had a alert saying that it was complete (this meant I could see the ITM page and also change to ITM on the Mondale using the wheel buttons). If you are referring to a check box somewhere then please let me know where this is?

i do note that before I started trying to get the ITM working, the leds on the wheel worked, but now they don’t. So it uninstalled FanaLab and the Fanatec wheel property app, then restarted 3 times...... then re installed all again but no change. I am wondering if I should install an older version and Install the older drivers to the hardware then test, then upgrade again to the new version?

luckily this is not stopping me race, but would be great to see the module work as it should.

jason

• RustoffRustoff Member

sorry an update, its all working thanks everyone. I had the iracing external display setting to IR_HUD not IR_drive. as soon as I changed it to Drive it all worked..... Its so hard to know what everything is and what it all does, so I guess you have just got to give everything a go until it works....

• Any news about newer beta release?

It has been quiet for a while now and soon is Summer 🙂

My DD1 and Porsche wheel are working ok but I avoid to use the telemetry. When I ordered the Porsche wheel in December I couldn’t immagine that I had to wait more then 6 months in order to use some of the functions 😐

• DD1 here too :) Im using the ITM everyday without a problem Alessandro. Don't be scared :P

• I also did use the ITM but I experienced a few disconnection of the base during a race and don’t want to risk It happening again. I only race on iracing and our team is involved in endurance races where you really have to prioritize system stability. I also use the triple screen and third parts overlays so I’m not missing any information I need but It would be nice to get a new release from Fanatec from time to time☺️

Or at least a time schedule about upcoming release

• Good morning Marcel my name is Pako and I bought the Steering Wheel Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R Leather and to install it I followed all the steps you explain but Podium Button Module Endurance does not turn on or recognize it I have tried several times, I erased the drivers and I reinstalled them but the Podium Button Module Endurance display still does not light up and does not recognize it, could you tell me what the problem is, thanks

• I have the same problem as Pako. This happened to me after I updated the drivers from 352 to 356. The firmware update procedure got stuck at 25% when it tried to update the firmware for the PBME. After waiting for a few minutes I had to quit the firmware updater and also power down the Podium wheel base. After that the PBME have not been recognized by the PC.

• But it is that mine does not light and I do not know what to do 😡

• +1

Fanatec, the least you could do for us is give us an update or ETA on the current status of the update. We bought this product believing in your statement that it would be available soon and now there are no updates

• Latest update is that the firmware is currently in closed beta testing for public release soon, at least this was communicated on reddit.

• new user use 911gt3,you can update base firmware without wheel -> donot connect BME , update PHUB -> connect BME to PHUB update BME

• And that works? I'll try that! Otherwise just sit it out, good to hear they are really working on it

• Luna LLuna L Member

I just installed driver 365 and upgraded my motor, base and PBME to all the latest firmware. I then installed Fanalab 1.24.

The installs went without problem and the driver and software works.

My hardware is: (with all the latest firmware)

Podium DD1 PS4

GT3 PBME wheel with Xbox Hub

CSW V3

Shifter

Handbrake

However, a few odd things:

• The Xbox button assignments for the PBME are completely changed from what was on the original quick guide. I see there is a new quick guide.
    • In the driver software I was able to test the brake and throttle rumble motors of my CSW V3 pedals once. Now I can't test them anymore, even after restarting the software. They do work though.
    • The Xbox Guide button acts as a long press only (shut down system or turn off controller), I can't get it to do a short press to get the Xbox Guide.
  • Luna LLuna L Member

Tested the rumble motors in the driver with only the pedals connected. Works.

But not when I have the whole setup connected.

• is there any possible updates on when the Podium Button Module Endurance firmware will be released for the Clubsport v2.5 wheel bases?

It is nice to see that a new wheel was released for both DD and Clubsport bases before the Firmware for a wheel that has been out for around 6 months

• You can contact Marcel Pfister to get a working FW already since a few weeks.

• edited June 2020

Hi Maurice what is best way to contact Marcel for the firmware?

I guess it isn't even available as beta yet? Thanks in advance

*edit I posted on his page from the forum so hoping to get a reply.

• Just send him a private message and you are good to go. He will get in touch with asap :)

• I know this is not the right forum but 4th of June and yet no official software for a 650 € piece of equipment 😔

I have to completely reevaluate the meaning of “coming soon”

• My DD2 was running well with the latest drives and firmware. Yesterday something crashed. Suddenly I could not open Fanalab anymore. Tried re-installing it and nothing. Then I had the stupid idea of removing Fanatec drivers and re-installing them. Sure Fanalab now opens but I am afraid I have bricked my unit:

Installed driver 356 along with firmware 670. Updated the motor, calibrated without the wheel. Updated Wheel/Podium Endurance modules.

Turning the DD2 the fan would start and never stop. Then once I updated something else (the firmware or a new driver), the fan would stop but the unit would freeze. Could not turning it off unless I hit the emergency stop button. Turning the base on again, the fan would go on and on, I can calibrate the wheel but the fan would never stop.

Cycle repeated. Installed the latest driver (365 if I am not mistaken) and latest firmware (672) and still same problem. Tried removing everything and installing all over again and nothing).

I have a few questions:

1- Is the a factory reset on the DD2 (I am afraid this is not an option).

2 - When I use the install program to remove the drivers, does it remove everything or should I look for anything else to delete.

3 - Do I need to turn anti-virus off to install it. 

So I was wondering if anyone had similar problem and was able to resolve. Really hoping the community can help. Looks like Fanatec is swamped and service/help is even more sloe these days. Any help much appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.