Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2 [Incl. Instructions] (Only Podium DD)

1101112131416»

Comments

• I feel your pain. When I bought the Porsche wheel with BME, there was no mention of it being incompatible with the CSL Elite base on the site (they've since corrected this). But you're not SOL yet - I bought the ClubSport button modules to use in the interim until the BME firmware supports the CSL base. Six additional buttons to go with the wheel - it's not ideal, but it provides functionality until Fanatec get around to fixing their end of things.

My BME is in a Ziploc bag on my shelf awaiting the blessed moment... LOL

• edited August 2020

It was ALWAYS stated from Day 1 - even from Minute 1 of release - that the BME is ONLY compatible with Podium DD Bases at the time of release.

However, originally it was only planned to get a Firmware update out for the CSW v2.5 to get it compatible - no other bases were confirmed on Day 1. THAT is what changed in the meantime and the statement from onmly CSW v2.5 changed to "other Fanatec Bases" where CSL PS4 is confirmed to also get a firmware update later 2020 - no other base however was confirmed to get support.

• Maurice that doesn't change the fact that they have set deadlines and continually pushed them back for this firmware support. Unfortunately I'm starting to get that vaporware feeling... First "soon" then "Q1" now "someday". I hope I'm wrong but I work in software and I've seen it all before. I buy the corona excuse for hardware development but software development never really slowed down... Fanatec sold numerous (expensive) products with the expectation of support that never showed up. Compatibility mentions are buried at the bottom of the page - try it on mobile it's terrible UX.

This is all outside of the fact that Fanatec is essentially using users that do have compatible bases as beta testers. Poor form all around IMO.

I'm with Tony - it's sitting on a shelf for the time being and I guess it'll go on ebay if firmware never shows up.

• Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited August 2020

Which wheelbase do you have? Q1 was false from the beginning and quickly changed to later this year. So you have to consider waiting for alteast the CSW compatibility until December at worst.

If you have a CSW you can message Marcel for weeks now and ask him to test the firmware which makes the BME compatible.

If you are aware of this, then it can't be that longer can it?

And why buy a wheel, which isn't even compatible at the time you bought it?

• Spencer CSpencer C Member
    edited August 2020

CSL.

Stated previously but when I purchased the wheel it said Q1 and since it was July I assumed it was already out. That coupled with confusion on the compatibility of the clubsport wheelbase + CSL. I have accepted that is my fault but there is definitely misleading product marketing from Fanatec (intentional or not).

I'd also like to point out that for a wheel that pushes $600 there sure is a lot of assembly required...

The overarching point that I'm trying to make is - for a "high-end" item this is an incomplete product in all respects.

• when you purchased the BME in July this year it for sure did not said Q1 - Q1 was mentioned in the German webshop description only and only related to CSW v2.5 Firmware update as originally no other base was planned to get support.

This was changed in the meantime around February to "other Fanatec Bases" and at the same time also the Q1 was removed from the German webshop description back then so no chance that Q1 was mentioned anywhere at the time of your purchase in July.

Regarding CSL: This will take some more months for sure. Now the Firmware for the CSW is almost ready and will be released soon to the public, only then CSL Elite PS4 is coming later this year (no other base was confirmed yet, only CSW v2.5 and CSL PS4).

• You assumed it is released? Wow, you could have just read the forum...

There is no misleading marketing, it clearly says "only Podium Bases". Where is that misleading?

What has the price tag to do with the assembly. From the start Fanatec made it clear that the Podium Series will be modular!

• Gagaryn .Gagaryn . Member
    edited August 2020

I'm not sure that it is correct to say that originally no other base was planned to get support. Here is the original announcement -

Compatibility.

The Podium Button Module Endurance also fits on the front of the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One, meaning that you can create a version of the ‘GT3 R’ design that is compatible with Xbox One. We are offering two ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R packages that include the Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Podium Button Module Endurance, and ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One. At the moment, the Podium Button Module Endurance and bundles with this product are only compatible to our Podium DD Wheel Bases but we are currently working on a firmware update to make more Wheel Bases, like our ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5, compatible.

Note the use of plural in the last line - the CSW v2.5 is given as an example, but if there was no intention to support other wheel bases that could have said "we are currently working on a firmware update to make the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 compatible."

Also note the claimed compatibility with Xbox One whereas the website now says - Xbox One: the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R is not compatible with Xbox One.

No wonder people are confused.

In any case - that was last November - 8 months ago.

• edited August 2020

Exactly the part with the CSW v2.5 was mentioned in the German Webshop Page with the Q1 timeframe. So only a Firmware Update for the CSW v2.5 was written to happen in Q1 2020 which was then removed because more bases should be made compatible which takes more time.

Anyway, now the CSW Firmware is almost ready and will be released very soon, then the work starts for CSL Elite PS4 (as those are the only two bases which are confirmed to get support at this moment) and if possible then also on other bases like CSL Elite v1 and v1.1 but especially the v1 may be too limited in it electronics to get full support of the BME but thats still to be confirmed or denied.

• Oh and the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R NEVER was marked as Xbox compatible because the used Podium Hub in that Wheel is and never was Xbox xompatible, only the ClubSport version, which uses the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox, is and always was Xbox compatible.

edited August 2020

It's clearly misleading because many others have had the same issue... This thread is 16 pages long and still going. Many of the posts are about CSW, CSL compatibility.

If Fanatec doesn't want to listen to their customers that's their prerogative but I definitely don't feel the need to defend a corporation that's charging you a premium to beta test their products for them 😂

I'm not mad, clearly I'm keeping the button module. I have the CSL Elite Ps4 to be specific so if Maurice is telling the truth (🤞) it sounds like I'll get an update at SOME point. It's just sub-par and disappointing execution on a product from Fanatec, a company that historically has done better.

• It cleary isn't misleading, if you buy something you can't use yet. You wrote yourself you assumed it is compatible.

There is no issue, you can't use it and you know why.

You don't make any valid points here.

Compatibilty will come. First for the CSW, then later for the CSL Elite PS4. Other Bases not confirmed. End of story.

edited August 2020

Wow man, you seem pretty upset... You should go back and read the thread or go through reddit, other forums, etc. It's clearly frustrated quite a few people. It's not just me.

• Hi, guys,

Got the Porsche GT3 steering wheel, the Podium Button Module and the Clubsport Universal Hub for XBox for my podium DD1 PS4 at the end of December 2019. Due to several reports about problems (knocking noises when switching off) I assembled and installed the newly purchased parts only at the end of April.

However, the knocking noises when switching off are minimal.

I have installed the recommended Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2 It works, so far so good.

Now I have a problem with the PBM, the LED's that show the engine speed during the game are shining very bright in irregular intervals. Mainly in the game GT Sport on the Playstation 4 . The included Podium Racing Wheel F1 works perfectly and the LEDs glow at normal intensity.

ACC on the PS4 does not have this error.

On the PC the LED lights up normally without Fanalab, with Fanalab the LED very rarely light up brightly.

Does this error occur at someone else or is this error known ?

My configuration:

DD1 and Podium Racing Wheel F1

alternatively Clubsport Universal HUB for XBox, Podium Button Module and the Porsche GT Wheel.

PC-Driver 356

WB-FW 670

SW-FW 9

Engine 38

Greetings Ivo

• That's a known issue.

At btw, the knock on power off is harmless (and fixed for the next firmware)

• Thanks for the quick response

Greetings Ivo

• Any news on this next firmware? Everything will be fixed in this so called "next firmware", but when will this "next firmware" be released? Next year? Hearing "soon" for months is getting ridiculous...

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

There is a new driver 372 and FanaLab 1.47 available, please use these from now on and provide your feedback in the discussions linked below. This discussion will be closed.

Driver 372

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/15204/fanatec-beta-driver-v372-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels/p1

FanaLab 1.47

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/15205/fanalab-1-47-download-post-your-feedback-here/p1

This discussion has been closed.