The wait is over! Clubsport Wheel Base V2 and Shifter are on the way to customers

Comments

• MAN whats happening with the  first dispatch of Australian order's has anybody had any date or just soon as the answer. Please good news or bad an explanation would be fantastic i don't want anybody saying im spoiled just wait.  I just want some real information that's all. Is that to much to ask. The container ship sank anything will do 
  • MAN whats happening with the  first dispatch of Australian order's has anybody had any date or just soon as the answer. Please good news or bad an explanation would be fantastic i don't want anybody saying im spoiled just wait.  I just want some real information that's all. Is that to much to ask. The container ship sank anything will do 
    I just got a response back on the shiiping date for me. Im in Australia aswell and the response i got was estimated shipping date is early to mid December. Again nothing specific which is now starting to get a bit annoying. But ill remain patient as i have for the last two months.
  • I have a good feeling Santa will find room in our stocking for a nice new Clubsport Wheel V2 ;)

Just try to stay positive guys as it is a very busy time of year for cargo of all description arriving via the ports and then Customs clearance can take some more time before the final journey from the warehouse in Victoria to our homes via Aussie Post !  B-)

I have Faith as I am certain they are working very hard at Fanatec to make us happy.   :-bd
  • How is Forza 5 ever going to be decent with a wheel when the steering angle is so small, E.G why your driver appears to be using a short steering rack and his hands never turn more than a small amount.

I purchased my v2 for Forza 5 but no way will I even bother. AC here I come.
  • How can you make judgement if your not able to play FM5 with the V2 yet.....all ready read the manual too ? Angle can be set from 0 to 900°
  • How is Forza 5 ever going to be decent with a wheel when the steering angle is so small, E.G why your driver appears to be using a short steering rack and his hands never turn more than a small amount.

It was fine in Forza 4 even though the hands didn't match, Fanatec wheel rotation is set on the wheel not in the game, so it supported 270-900 
  • Okay, my mistake...manual of V2 base says from 90 to 900° so hands could be matched!
  • Hello to all in the EU,

So, I received my code yesterday but I am not yet in a position to use it (can't really justify spending this much so close to Christmas :( ). Of course, if Fanatec only charged your card at despatch I wouldn't have this issue, but that's a whole new argument for another day...

Anyway, here's the deal: I will transfer my code to the first person who gets in touch, BUT when you order and receive your second code, I would like you to transfer that code to me as I hope to then be in a better position to order. Don't forget, this code is EU ONLY.

I am asking for a lot of trust here, and I hope whoever gets my code will do the honourable thing and return the favour back to me.

My code initially expires on 2nd Dec, but I can extend if necessary.

That's all. Don't worry if I don't respond immediately (I have boring commitments like work, life, eating, sleeping, breathing, etc).

Good luck.

PS Did I mention this code is EU ONLY  :)

My code has now been transferred.

Hello Oliver :-h

• Thank you very much, Robert. I contact you when i receive the second code.
    Greetings
  • Daryl WrightDaryl Wright Member
    edited November 2014
    MAN whats happening with the  first dispatch of Australian order's has anybody had any date or just soon as the answer. Please good news or bad an explanation would be fantastic i don't want anybody saying im spoiled just wait.  I just want some real information that's all. Is that to much to ask. The container ship sank anything will do 
    Hi i wish they gave us the opportunity to pay more and get this air freighted.
    I don't really give a crap if someone thinks that i am spoiled or not.
    The truth is i paid for this almost 4 months ago.

Where is my stuff ????
    I work with imports and exports all of the time and yes this is ridiculous.
    I really am disapointed as to how many people that are having to wait. like myself.

In future maybe advertise these when they are in stock and not being manufactured.
    It would be like BP having cheap fuel but you have to wait 3-4 months for it to come in.......

Hi i wish they gave us the opportunity to pay more and get this air freighted.
    I don't really give a crap if someone thinks that i am spoiled or not.
    The truth is i paid for this almost 4 months ago.

Where is my stuff ????
    I work with imports and exports all of the time and yes this is ridiculous.
    I really am disapointed as to how many people that are having to wait. like myself.

In future maybe advertise these when they are in stock and not being manufactured.
    It would be like BP having cheap fuel but you have to wait 3-4 months for it to come in.......

Yea i asked if i could pay more to see it sooner they said no need you will see it soon that was a month or so ago. I to have been waiting for 4 and a bit months.hopefully this is the weeks the week. I reckon i have checked my email and this forum about 10,000 times for information since i ordered .
    I wanna finish my rig and try this stuff out 
    8-}
  • Fanatec,

If you even still read these forums, PLEASE give us some information about our Australian orders.

We don't care if it's going to be delay, we have all already worked that out by you guys missing the delivery date by this long, we are now creeping up to the delivery date of the second round of wheelbases and all of Australian customers from the first round have not yet received their wheelbases.

Please just let us know what's going on. We will understand if there has been a delay or whatever the reason, but just tell us what is going on and please give us a new updated ETA.

Some of us have bought these as presents for people for christmas and  I really need to know if I'm going to need to make alternative arrangements for the 25th to avoid disappointment.

Just give us something Fanatec, it's not too much to ask to know an updated ETA.

• I know you guys/gals may not like to hear this, but shipped freight schedules out of China are notoriously inaccurate at times due to many factors including weather and load schedules. A ship from China to Australia will not come straight here the majority of the time, it can stop many places like Malaysia or Indonesia and time spent in ports can vary also for the same reasons including local labor issues and customs/border protection authorities etc.

I believe Fanatec are doing their best working with information received that is sometimes not entirely accurate and is outside of their control, so please try take that into account.

Thomas did offer a poll to make choice of either air or sea freight and majority rules decided sea for lower cost, like it or not that is the reality. 

I do not know the reasons of this exact situation but only offer my insight based on experience.  

So anyway lets just hang in there, and remember it is also frustrating for Thomas & his team because really they want everyone to get their wheels and be racing and making positive reports !
  • Mark the thing that is getting to people is the fact that they make all these announcements and then when it comes to the crunch they are not delivered. And then they seem to disappear and not return to give updates or further info etc, the only way we get info is by emailing them and get given info which is nowhere near close.

We have all paid alot of money for the equipment so it would be nice to be kept informed by the company instead of constantly having to chase info.
  • Yeah Greg I do totally understand where you are coming from mate ...  time goes so slow waiting and I was only speculating on reasons, that might help some people to understand, why the arrival of the wheels may have stretched to much longer than originally planned for ~ it is just my thoughts having worked with freight companies in the past.

Fanatec surely are providing the best information they have available of anticipated delivery, but unfortunately it has been changing ... maybe Thomas will have updated info to share soon.
  • My guess is that they wanna deliver as many bases delivered they can in ONE shipment...and I think that's why it's been delayed many times and info is so vague

It was fine in Forza 4 even though the hands didn't match, Fanatec wheel rotation is set on the wheel not in the game, so it supported 270-900 

It was fine @270 but changing to a more degrees of rotation was like a multiplier for non realism, it felt terrible and forced you to use a short steerinig ratio. Thats why forza never gives the unwinding the steering wheel on track out feeling.

Glad I got my wheel but I could not care less about Microsoft compat.
  • I'm looking forwards to getting the wheel. Its been 105 days since I ordered (August 17), and I'm sure it's close now. I wonder if Fanatec could provide us Aussies the Cargo ship's vessel tracking number? That would be much appreciated!

• @ Thomas, It is clear that all us Australian's want is an update and estimated time frame. We are all happy to wait if we have a light at the end of the tunnel 

• edited December 2014

Agreed!!

@ Thomas, It is clear that all us Australian's want is an update and estimated time frame. We are all happy to wait if we have a light at the end of the tunnel 

• @ Thomas, It is clear that all us Australian's want is an update and estimated time frame. We are all happy to wait if we have a light at the end of the tunnel 

You might be being a bit overly dramatic. Of course at some point we will all get our wheels. When they get here, they will get here, so no worries.

You might be being a bit overly dramatic. Of course at some point we will all get our wheels. When they get here, they will get here, so no worries.
    Why is asking for information dramatic yea hope we can wait another 4 months. This is great fun 
    no worries!
  • 1st world problems. Lol :((
  • 1st world problems. Lol :(
    Good point 
    :))
  • edited December 2014
    It seems to me that the Aussies are having the extended wait.  I ordered the beginning of November and was told in a email that I would receive it before the end of the year.  I have an est ship date on my order of 1/30/2014 on Fanatec's site though.  Odd hope it comes like they said in mid-December

Hope that ships arrives soon for everyone and its not a Giligan's Island mishap.  Enjoy!

Why is asking for information dramatic yea hope we can wait another 4 months. This is great fun 
    no worries!
    Asking for info is one thing, suggesting that there's no "light at the end of the tunnel" is another. Maybe you read what I'm actually talking about before being self-centered and thinking I was specifically addressing you. And if this whole waiting thing bothers you so much, I know many places you can go pick yourself up a tx, this very moment.. 

Fanatec aren't holding you hostage, this is your choice, remember that.
  • It was a figure of speech mate. All he is saying is since the ETA has been missed by several weeks, it would be nice to be informed of any information at all instead of being virtually left in the dark with vague updates that are never backed up. Its 2014, tracking where your cargo worth thousands and thousands of dollars should not be this hard. If there is some sort of issue tracking this information, let us know. That's all we ask. We don't blame Fanatec in any way shape or form, just expect to be kept in the loop. 
    We are all entitled to voice our thoughts in this "open forum" So let the ranters rant. They sure paid enough to earn that right.
    @ Thomas, It is clear that all us Australian's want is an update and estimated time frame. We are all happy to wait if we have a light at the end of the tunnel 

no worries!
    Asking for info is one thing, suggesting that there's no "light at the end of the tunnel" is another. Maybe you read what I'm actually talking about before being self-centered and thinking I was specifically addressing you. And if this whole waiting thing bothers you so much, I know many places you can go pick yourself up a tx, this very moment.. 

• It was a figure of speech mate. All he is saying is since the ETA has been missed by several weeks, it would be nice to be informed of any information at all instead of being virtually left in the dark with vague updates that are never backed up. Its 2014, tracking where your cargo worth thousands and thousands of dollars should not be this hard. If there is some sort of issue tracking this information, let us know. That's all we ask. We don't blame Fanatec in any way shape or form, just expect to be kept in the loop. 
    We are all entitled to voice our thoughts in this "open forum" So let the ranters rant. They sure paid enough to earn that right.

no worries!

Open forum? Actually, this a blog that allows comments. If you want a forum to rant, goto NeoGAF. I, like others, am tired of seeing the same old Bart Simpson whine of "are we there yet". 

We know you are waiting, Fanatec knows you are waiting, the dog down the street knows you are waiting. Keep waiting, or go walkabout, no need to keep filling this blog with the same boring retort.
  • Talking about a forum, we defenitly need a proper forum!
  • Aaron WoodAaron Wood Member
    edited December 2014
    It was a figure of speech mate. All he is saying is since the ETA has been missed by several weeks, it would be nice to be informed of any information at all instead of being virtually left in the dark with vague updates that are never backed up. Its 2014, tracking where your cargo worth thousands and thousands of dollars should not be this hard. If there is some sort of issue tracking this information, let us know. That's all we ask. We don't blame Fanatec in any way shape or form, just expect to be kept in the loop. 

no worries!

Open forum? Actually, this a blog that allows comments. If you want a forum to rant, goto NeoGAF. I, like others, am tired of seeing the same old Bart Simpson whine of "are we there yet". 

We know you are waiting, Fanatec knows you are waiting, the dog down the street knows you are waiting. Keep waiting, or go walkabout, no need to keep filling this blog with the same boring retort.

Hey Dillon,

Let's keep this civil shall we?

If you have the right to tell us to be quiet, we have the right to make noise. The pendulum swings both ways, if we don't have the right to express our satisfaction or dissatisfaction with Fanatec and our delivery agreements, you don't have the right to express your satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the way in which we chose to get in touch with Fanatec.

Many of us have sent emails, which either gave us very incorrect information or no reply at all. So we have taken to a form of communication which we know Thomas has replied in the past.

No-one here is bashing Fanatec, or making any false accusation, we are not being impatient or unreasonable, we are simply asking that we get an updated delivery date and/or a reason for the delays. We are happy to wait as we have all stated numerous times.

Going through your comment history, you have done nothing but attack people who has asked Fanatec about almost anything, from delivery dates, to customer service complaints. Why?

Reading through your comments, you seem like a propaganda agent. Always attempting to put a positive spin on everything.

You have an ETA of 30/1/2015 for your wheelbase, so I'll tell you what, how about instead of defending Fanatec, put yourself in the shoes of someone like myself. Who has bought this wheelbase for my son for Christmas. With an ETA of 08/12/2014, this seemed like plenty of time to ensure it's under the tree by the 25th, but in Australia, people who where expected to get their wheelbases in the first wave still have not received them almost 1 month later, and with the second round approaching fast. I expect this second date will also not be achieved.

Once again I'll say, as everyone else has, "This is fine", just please tell me now so I can arrange for something else to be under the tree come Christmas time.

I don't want him to be disappointed, but I also don't want to have to buy another gift when the base will arrive on time.

I'll tell you what, if your wheelbase is still not in your hands come 30/2/2015 and Fanatec hasn't responded to your emails or 'blog posts' please feel free to come here and sing the praises of Thomas and Fanatec, but until then, please let us say our piece. We are being respectful and calm about this. No negativity towards Fanatec, just asking that we get the information that we absolutely should have at this stage.