The wait is over! Clubsport Wheel Base V2 and Shifter are on the way to customers

Comments

• Found that as well so looks like Monday onwards only for us.
  • Hey Bert,  glad to hear you will soon have your wheel mate ! :)  I ordered a couple days after you so I am hopeful that next week they may begin processing my order :)>-

I have sent a question to Fanatec but no answer yet  :-c  ... no doubt they are still enjoying some well earned Christmas & New Year leave  =D> ... everyone at Fanatec thoroughly deserves some time away with their family for a nice break as it must have been hectic for them these past months !

cheers MB :)
  • Hi Bert, I would love your Aussie invite code if it's not already taken.

Pete.
  • Back into gaming after a long absence, and loving driving games at moment, hence found my way here :)

If anyone has an EU invite code for the wheel base I would appreciate very much, thanks.
  • Hi All,
    Does anyone have an Aussie invite code they don't need?

Please!!

Pete

• Peter PM sent mate
  • Hi guys,

I have 2 Aussie invite codes that I can't even give away at iRacing forums yet I have seen them on eBay for sale with bids!. If anyone wants one of the 2, let me know. 

First in, best dressed
    ;)
  • 1 Australian code left

• Seems like very few US/Canada invite codes out there so far. :(  Got my pedals and everything else is ordered except the wheel base, so if anyone has a US/Canada invite available I would very much appreciate a transfer.  Thanks!

• If any Aussie guys want invite codes to purchase the Clubsport V.2 Wheel Base, please let me know.

I have 2 available, so message me if you're interested.

Note: As long as you are a registered member at the Fanatec Australia site and you supply me with the same e-mail address you used during registration, the code will automatically appear in your user profile and you will be notified by e-mail.

Good Luck !!!

• I have a extra US code available, PM me.
  • All codes gone.
  • I have one EU code for someone who wants to buy a wheel not redistribute
  • Guys, shoot me a PM for US code. Still got one to give away.

• my code was gone. 
  • it has arrived finally, time to go test it out.
  • Mine arrive too, still at work, cannot wait to get testing
  • Here is my aus post update... They are having massive delays and screw ups at chullora apparantly :(

31/12/14 18:54 PMProcessed through Australia Post facilitySUNSHINE WEST VIC
    05/01/15 07:22 AMProcessed through Australia Post facilityCHULLORA NSW
    05/01/15 07:47 AMProcessed through Australia Post facilityCHULLORA NSW
    05/01/15 07:57 AMProcessed through Australia Post facilityCHULLORA NSW
    05/01/15 08:47 AMProcessed through Australia Post facilityCHULLORA NSW
    05/01/15 09:20 AMProcessed through Australia Post facilityCHULLORA NSW
    05/01/15 11:42 AMProcessed through Australia Post facilityCHULLORA NSW
  • Paul this really slow to take 5 days from Victoria to get to Chullora ... maybe they have a backlog of new years parcels etc.

Hope you get it soon mate, good luck ! :)
  • I received my full setup today... Quick question i hope someone can answer... I ordered the Clubsport Sequential Shifter V1.5, but the box mentions nothing about it being v1.5. Does anyone have a V1.5 they've got and can confirm if their box had just Clubsport Shifter SQ or does it have V1.5 on the box. Cheers
  • Just got my wheelbase too.

Wheel is very heavy out of the box. Only had 2 minutes to play with it before having to leave for work... (Should have taken a day off).

Now to order a second wheel and shifter to complete my 'loadout' :)

Glad to finally have it in my hands and also very pleased that it came earlier than the amended shipping date.

So bravo Fanatec. Under Promise and Over Deliver is a really good new business model. If you continue this going forward I'm quite sure people will be a lot happier.

I certainly am.

Cheers guys.
  • Brent,

Mine didn't say anything either on the box. But I think it did on the bottom of the box or shifter. Can't remember. I gave it away as part of my disabled gamers organization. I can ask him.
  • Paul this really slow to take 5 days from Victoria to get to Chullora ... maybe they have a backlog of new years parcels etc.

Hope you get it soon mate, good luck ! :)
    It arrived at 730 in the morning. I got a aus post notification at 540 am so i decided to work from home haha.

Worth the wait for sure

Enjoy boys and girls
  • Picked up mine yesterday.  Packed away my G27, set up the new V2 with BMW rim.  Holy schamoley! This new gear is insane by comparison!  Very muchly happy!!!! :D
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited January 2015
    Hey all,

Ok... So my V2 Wheel Base, Carbon F1 Rim, CSP V2, CSS V1.5 and CSL are all due to arrive (apx) end of January.

But I have a quick question.
    I only bought 1 rim (Carbon F1) in anticipation of the XBOX ONE wheel being announced, hoping I could add this to my order prior to delivery.

As it would seem that the XBOX wheel won't be arriving in the next few days or so, would you all suggest I waited and just used my wheel on my PS3 with my Carbon Rim on games like F1 2013 and GT5 until the XBOX wheel is announced and then place an order.. Or would you suggest I buy the BMW or Porsche wheel and use them on a PS3 until the XBOX wheel is released, but at which point, they will become redundant :( as I am planning on gaming on my XBOX ONE and PS4 and not on the PS3 much any more?

Basically, I'm wondering if the F1 Carbon rim is enough to get me over the gap between my wheel arriving and the release of the XBOX ONE wheel? Do those of you who have it think I can drive non formula cars comfortably with this rim, or is a circular rim really required when driving cars like a MINI or a Ford Focus etc in GT5?

Ideally I'll order a PS4 and an XBOX ONE wheel when they are released. However, in the mean time, as my wheel will arrive in a f ew weeks and will only be compatible with my PS3 (on arrival) will the F1 Carbon rim be enough to tide me over, or would you suggest buying a circular style rim?

Ps
    I only want to buy standard rims, I don't want the HUB as I think it may be a little too much for me just now. The simplicity of the quick release and all in one wheel approach is the module I'd like to stick to :)

Any advice from those who have used all these wheels and played these sims/games is most welcome.

Thanks in advance :)
  • Hey all,

Ok... So my V2 Wheel Base, Carbon F1 Rim, CSP V2, CSS V1.5 and CSL are all due to arrive (apx) end of January.

But I have a quick question.
    I only bought 1 rim (Carbon F1) in anticipation of the XBOX ONE wheel being announced, hoping I could add this to my order prior to delivery.

As it would seem that the XBOX wheel won't be arriving in the next few days or so, would you all suggest I waited and just used my wheel on my PS3 with my Carbon Rim on games like F1 2013 and GT5 until the XBOX wheel is announced and then place an order.. Or would you suggest I buy the BMW or Porsche wheel and use them on a PS3 until the XBOX wheel is released, but at which point, they will become redundant :( as I am planning on gaming on my XBOX ONE and PS4 and not on the PS3 much any more?

Basically, I'm wondering if the F1 Carbon rim is enough to get me over the gap between my wheel arriving and the release of the XBOX ONE wheel? Do those of you who have it think I can drive non formula cars comfortably with this rim, or is a circular rim really required when driving cars like a MINI or a Ford Focus etc in GT5?

Ideally I'll order a PS4 and an XBOX ONE wheel when they are released. However, in the mean time, as my wheel will arrive in a f ew weeks and will only be compatible with my PS3 (on arrival) will the F1 Carbon rim be enough to tide me over, or would you suggest buying a circular style rim?

Ps
    I only want to buy standard rims, I don't want the HUB as I think it may be a little too much for me just now. The simplicity of the quick release and all in one wheel approach is the module I'd like to stick to :)

Any advice from those who have used all these wheels and played these sims/games is most welcome.

Thanks in advance :)
    I have used the formula for non open-wheel racing, it is doable, but it can end up being a little tiresome from vehicles that require more rotation than your typical open-wheel cars. You could set the FFB lower to allow for an easier time with the formula rim, but if the FFB is too low, kinda invalidates the power of the v2.

I also have the BMW rim and it works great with all other non open-wheelers. If you have the means, I would say definitely go for the BMW or Porsche. But if you are willing to wait for the X1 rims(i'm guessing they're right around the corner, let's hope?), I would say you could probably hold out on the formula rim alone. 

The great thing about buying an older rim is that they will always work on PC, no need to worry about them being phased out any time soon for future racing titles. Do you do any PC racing? I definitely suggest you give it a try since you have such nice equipment now tailored with PC in mind.

Good luck in you decision!
  • If anyone has a code that they want to give  away I would appreciate it tremendously. Thanks.
  • @Natalie, since your not going for pc gaming I'd wait it out. As Dillon mentioned in other topic, Thomas accepted the challenge to have the XOne rims ready when PCars hit the stores...so why throw away big bucks if it's only 2 months wait.....(if they can live up to the challenge). My PS3 is yet ready collecting dust for sometime now.
  • ...still waiting.....end of January....counting the days....
  • Think I rather play Pcars on a PC!

Wish I could build a pc right now.