The wait is over! Clubsport Wheel Base V2 and Shifter are on the way to customers

Comments

• Hi All, 

Hi Dragan, you should be able to e-mail their webstore and request the items in stock be shipped when available. I did the same and Fanatec sent them out the next day.

I don't think you will have to wait until the estimated shipping date that's listed. They don't want to deliver late on account of so many delays lately, so they are generously giving themselves more time than needed in case of unforseen circumstances. As what has been happening with the 1st couple large shipments of the v2 base; crashed cargo ship, port strikes, etc..

• I received my tracking number and package this afternoon at about 6pm EST!  Thanks, Fanatec!!

:)>-

Edit:
    what install method have you guys tried for the V2?

the quick guide says 
    Note: please install the driver before connecting the Clubsport Wheel Base V2 to your PC. 

however, the site to download the drivers 2.05 states: 
    Please connect all Fanatec devices to your PC and power them on before you install the new drivers! 

what install method have you guys tried for the V2?

:-?

• Thank you Fanatec, The V2 is simply amazing, I had a V1 but this is just incredible, Just received the Carbon Formula rim in the post but my wife quickly wrapped that up and put it under the Christmas tree, lol
  • It finally arrived, but now I have another problem... can't take it home, Fanatec should make smaller packages!

• It finally arrived, but now I have another problem... can't take it home, Fanatec should make smaller packages!

You're joking, right?
  • Hahahaha you've got same problem I have often...Mazda MX5 no space trunk. LOL
  • Let it ride shotgun In all seriousness the wheel is the delicate part I'd take it out of the box and put it on my passenger floor with some towels around it for padding. Also I wouldn't do any e brakes on my way home!

You're joking, right?
    Right, the wheel is amazing, i really dont need this much force... but i'm glad i have it!

MX5, wonderful FFB but no trunk! hehe
  • edited December 2014
    It finally arrived, but now I have another problem... can't take it home, Fanatec should make smaller packages!

You're joking, right?
    It is obviously a joke

I am going out on a limb here but what you have there is a lack of Miata room. LOL!!! I hope you didn't bring someone with you to pick up your packages. Because I would tell them. "You are either walking home or sitting till I can come back to get you". HAHAHAHA! 
  • http://http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-eu.html#downloads
    Antoine, are you OK?  You do not appear to be able to comprehend English very well?  I asked what sequence you used for your base.

=D>
  • hey guys, another dumb question (something I excel at...) on calibrating the gears on the clubsport shifter H-pattern.  The manual shows the formula rim, but I have the Universal Hub and there is no "START" button on this Hub.  Do I press the TUNING button + Any BUTTON on the universal hub for the calibration the gears sequence shown in the CSS manual on page 4?
    Thanks!!

:-c
    anyone?

8-X
  • Well Patrick, the sequence is written in red. First hook up the base to your pc. After that you need to install the driver on pc of else you won't be able to install newest firmware on your Base.
    Plain logic.
  • Which is your settings in iRacing ??

• Patrick MoorePatrick Moore Member
    edited December 2014
    Well Patrick, the sequence is written in red. First hook up the base to your pc. After that you need to install the driver on pc of else you won't be able to install newest firmware on your Base.
    Plain logic.
    Thanks for the info on how you installed your unit  btw, everyone else who replied here and other sites did it opposite of you - they installed drivers first and then hooked up base to PC - This is good to know, because it means either sequence can be used and it will work.
    :-bd

Also, you must have a different manual because the N.A. manual sequence is not in red; only the manual section headings are in red; rest of text is black.  This manual does not specify the answer to my original question, hence, why I posted my original query here!
    Thanks!!
    >:D<
  • Patrick MoorePatrick Moore Member
    edited December 2014
    hey guys, another dumb question (something I excel at...) on calibrating the gears on the clubsport shifter H-pattern.  The manual shows the formula rim, but I have the Universal Hub and there is no "START" button on this Hub.  Do I press the TUNING button + Any BUTTON on the universal hub for the calibration the gears sequence shown in the CSS manual on page 4?
    Thanks!!

:-c
    anyone?

8-X
    I am setting up the shifter tonight.  The plug to hook the shifter to the base (plug E in the quick start guide) is only ~15 inches long (38cm)?  It will be close if the plug can reach the base.  Well, hopefully over the weekend I won't have to run to a store to find an appropriate type plug with enough length to reach my wheel.

:-S
  • Finally got the email!!  FYI to those other US people waiting, I got the FedEx email yesterday evening (19th), and the expected delivery is on the 24th...  damn sluggish holiday mail.  So unless you live in Cali, I doubt any more will arrive before the 25th.

I think I'm going to order the shifter next, but that's yet another dreadful wait.  Oh well, whatcha gonna do?
  • Finally got the email!!  FYI to those other US people waiting, I got the FedEx email yesterday evening (19th), and the expected delivery is on the 24th...  damn sluggish holiday mail.  So unless you live in Cali, I doubt any more will arrive before the 25th.

I think I'm going to order the shifter next, but that's yet another dreadful wait.  Oh well, whatcha gonna do?
    yeah I got my shipping info as ell, same here, I want the shifter and xbox wheel and maybe another wheel and I need to buy a new cockpit, this is gonna be really expensive in the end. 
  • Anyone has an european code for me? Your can email it to [email protected]

Thank you so much!

• Received email with tracking number. Should be here the 26th. Ok Thomas your on. Time for that great Year End announcement of the xbox one Fanatec wheel.
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited December 2014
    This fine person hasn't even received the base before putting it up for sale, at twice retail no less.. am I the only one that finds this disgraceful?

Thomas, it's stupid I know, but what would be fantastic is if you could put a resale embargo for your future products if they are still on back-order. It will never happen, but i can still dream.

To think of it, you could just put a buy now button for twice retail in the Fanatec webstore, for people that want to skip the wait, looks like there's some sweet money there. /sarcasm
  • Its just how the world works Dillon. It's not disgraceful at all. But there is another way to think of it. People like the one you posted take a chance reselling an item and so does the buyer. The seller is hopping the market will bear the price increase or be stuck with a loss. And the ebay buyer is not getting a registered product with their name on the invoice. So warranty work might be a little difficult since a claim would be with an unregistered buyer with Fanatec.

Oh by the way. I think you and I are both awaiting news on the xbox one V2 wheel. Lets hope we get a nice End of Year message from Thomas soon.

• Unfortunately, I know how the business world works, and just wish it was otherwise is all. I just figured that the way Fanatec had expressed this whole pre-order code deal, was that it was suppose to get the base to the people that will put them to good use, not exploit it.

Although, I very much agree and hope we see an announcement soon.

Thank you so much!

As soon as I get my next code you can have it.

@Dillon
    Same happend to PS4 on release too.
    Had the same thoughts about the base. But more in the way, "If I dont like it, I sell it"
    But with the not working fan controll I wont sell it, give only problems with the buyer.

Yet I can see how good the support is with 2 broken products before christmas X(
  • Hello. Any Europeans here who ordered CSWb v2 around late october/early november and have ETA @30.01.2015? Any news for You guys? 

Thank you so much!

As soon as I get my next code you can have it.

@Dillon
    Same happend to PS4 on release too.
    Had the same thoughts about the base. But more in the way, "If I dont like it, I sell it"
    But with the not working fan controll I wont sell it, give only problems with the buyer.

Yet I can see how good the support is with 2 broken products before christmas X(
    That's interesting, I didn't know the PS4 required a loyalty code for purchase eligibility. 

Sounds like you are in no way the same as the one I pointed out, "giving it a chance, and will sell if I don't like it" is alot different than, "I haven't even received the base, but will put it up on ebay anyway."
  • @Denise, warranty is accompanied by a product. Not by name, so if the buyer gets the invoice...no problems having it repaired within 2 years !
    Me too....crawling the walls...not hearing anything about XOne wheels. To me the Porsche 918 or BMW GT4  wheel with build in chip are fine! I'd buy m both hahahaha

• That's interesting, I didn't know the PS4 required a loyalty code for purchase eligibility. 

Sounds like you are in no way the same as the one I pointed out, "giving it a chance, and will sell if I don't like it" is alot different than, "I haven't even received the base, but will put it up on ebay anyway."
    Maybe I didn't wrote it right.
    PS4 and the Base have/had really small quantities and alot people just bought them to sell it again.

For me it was now the best chance to kill two birds with one stone.
    1. I could test the base, if its good for me
    2. Or Sell it again

That this guy is selling something before he got it sucks, and its against ebay rules.

But the main point is, that every product that is rare will got bought from alot people to sell it again.

• But the main point is, that every product that is rare will got bought from alot people to sell it again.

If that is the ultimate inevitability, Fanatec should offer to sell some for double, which allows you to skip the wait that all of us monkeys are going through. Cut out the middle man and keep the profits to better the company..

Or, they could observe the locations the seller is shipping from and abstain their account from further promotions. I highly doubt there has been more than 1 base shipped to Milford, Ohio or Deer Park, New York for instance, just saying.