Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Marcus ToniniMarcus Tonini Member
    edited August 2020

Four days have passed now. Still not a single response from support on my bricked DD2.

I did actually go back and start over with driver 346. My base still doesn't recognize any rim. I do have the button to update the WQR FW now. When I click it, the properties window goes away. My base sort of shuts down. Then, nothing ever happens.

Can't believe its been 4 days now, and I've not heard anything. I'm sure they are swamped, but I'd like to think a dead base caused by a Fanatec software update would be a little higher priority then trivial issues.

• Updated to 373 from 353 on a DD1 and Fanalab 1.24 to the 1.47...I waited for a long time to update because of the issues I was reading about the other drivers.

Everything seems to be working smoothly for me so far...however it does seem like there is a little less road definition now. I can't exactly put my finger on it but it seems like I can't feel the textures of the track as much.

Anyone else experiencing this? I carried over my profiles from the previous Fanalab so I haven't made any changes to the settings...

• I sincerely sympathize with you and understand like no other.

I wrote above about the support response, at that moment I realized that it was not worth expecting something adequate, and it's easier to just accept it and draw conclusions.

Tomorrow I will go to send the base at my own expense to the germinia for 100 euros ...

This is how the guys updated the driver ...

• This video guide/tutorial on how to update Fanatec Firmware, Drivers is quite informative. Thank you so much for sharing.

I myself like many others have found the process.... despite being simple to the more experienced... a bit difficult to understand as should be. So thanks again. Although I've installed and updated once or twice before (albeit by trial and error) I shall go over this a couple times well to digest. Cheers.

• edited August 2020

• Hi guys, has anyone else had the issue where the paddles aren’t functioning on the Universal hub and they are showing as being engaged via the properties page after the V373 update. The wheel base is a CSW 2.5?

• Don't sent a base without an RMA number and the correct workshop address that they will provide you.

It might end up lost or misplaced somewhere and have much more bigger issues.

• edited August 2020

Since you actually got back to 346 are you sure the FW packages are still rolled back?

Strange that the WQR FW button is still there.

A good tutorial on how to update you drivers in on the boosted media channel.

Same should apply backwards (downgrade) as well.

• edited August 2020

I wish FANATEC support had a support department for remote connection to the OP's computer (even at a charge) and solve 98% of the problems that are caused by us (the users) while updating, downgrading, Microsoft windows updates, fiddling around with settings etc.

• I updated back to the 372. Stuck where I was before. Base is bricked as far as usability.

Did hear back from Support last night. They suggested I follow their Driver instructions while they start the RMA process. What are the odds that happens in the next 2/3 hours they work. Maybe the US office handles the RMA emails. I don't remember. I've sent things back at least 5 times now. (Yes. I'm a sucker for Fanatec punishment.)

Hopefully it happens today, or it won't go back until Monday after I'm done at work.

• Working so far for me since installing on the day of release.

No clunks or freezes on iracing and ACC.

I haven't done a long race yet so but fingers crossed it remains stable.

The FFB feels very nice.

• edited August 2020

I am a sucker for Fanatec products as well (cause it is the only company that allows me to use in all platforms their gear and actually never faced an issue before. (touch wood).

Have learned so much stuff from the guys here and also from tutorials of boosted media, and still learning.

Instead of 372 try the 373 which is without the WQR FW update.

Make sure you uninstall / delete even search manually the hidden files for old fanatec leftover files from previous drivers.

Restart the PC

download the 373

set it up

restart pc

Connect the base with out the wheel.

Do the flash for the driver, firmware, base, motor.

After finish all these then attach your wheel and see if you can update the wheel too.

I am not tech support but it might help.

PS. Do you have another wheel to test that wasn't flashed?

• PLEASE! My new F1 2020 is ”dead” since trying to update to 373. When updating my DD1 to 373 following instructions all went well (DD1 and Podium hub with the R300 rim updated Firmware. My F1 black, BMW GT2 plus Round 1 and Classic brown - both with the gen1 hub works fine no update needed) all except my F1 2020 wheel. Then update stopped halfway with error. Now the F1 2020 is not recognized and motors inside the rim are vibrating. Tried “repair” but the no luck. In FanaLab the F1 2020 shows up as a CSL Elite wheel. Contacted support (Support Request Received 46670 CRM:000007176162) 2020-08-18. No solution. Need help, please.

• Don't worry about me. Mines dead. Needs sent back. My WQR FW version is 0. Updating it hangs the software. 373 doesn't include the FW update, so that won't help my situation.

• edited August 2020

Works perfectly here was tempted to try the 372 but decided to use the 373 and Fanalab 1.24.

Followed the steps as instructed and it worked perfectly.

Clean install on new PC

Once the driver was updated I rebooted

Plugged in DD1 to USB with Porsche Podium Wheel and PBME, Podium Hub and Paddles turned it on and opened Fanatec Wheel Properties and followed update prompts for updating the Base Firmware, Motor Firmware, PHUB firmware, BME Firmware.

Once done calibrated wheel centre, removed wheel and did the motor sensor calibration and then shut down and rebooted.

Installed Fanalab 1.47 imported my old profile I'd backed up and everything is working perfectly, love the new pages available on the PBME in ACC and the FFB and feel is so much better.

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes for their work and dedication.

• I agree with this statement and I think it's important to recognize the work behind it. Even if everything doesn't run smoothly for everyone and problems arise, you should first consider whether you caused them yourself.

I think that it is the most complex combination of different components and I am very satisfied with the result.

• Since i updated to these drivers my wheel and pedals are not usable in any game? They are there in the control panel but no game can recognize them. I've tried downgrading the drivers but nothing seems to fix this issue?

• What's new with beta 373? You posted the entire change log for release 372... I'm currently on beta 372 and I'm happy with it but want to know what I would gain/lose going to driver 373.. Thanks in advance.

• edited August 2020

All 373 does is remove the WQR portion of the firmware update as some people had their devices brick when doing that portion of the upgrade so to be completely safe they removed it for now so more testing can be done on it.

If 372 is working fine for you just leave it.

• I had this problem too and noticed that it's related to BLI in the Tuning Menu being set to anything other than OFF. Try setting BLI to OFF.

• Hi, ive just bought a new CSL Elite WB+ PS4.

In general it has been fine, however I have noticed some graininess or teething especially in long sharp turns where stronger force feedback is in effect. I have set the wheel with the recommneded fanatec base settings in the forum for iracing (the only game i play mainly atm and have tried it with so far) and then tune thge force feedback in game in car to ensure it isint clipping on the bar. Now having had a look on the forums I understand that the drivers may be the cause of this lack of smoothness and specifcally the wheelbase motor driver.

My current driver versions are as follows:

pc driver: 328

wheelbase firmware: 630

wheelbase motor firmware: 22

From what ive seen on the forums, the motor firmware 22 has generally been the cause of the lack of smoothening and 18 would be a lot better but it has some sort of whine? is this still the latest recommended advice to downgrade to motor firmware 18 or is 22 not suppposed to have this issue?

And pairing this with pc driver 346 was the best stable combo, is this still the case or has this been updated?

So just looking for the best all around updated and stable driver and firmwares for the best force feedback, features and functionality.

Thanks

• Thx! Just got response from Fanatec to revert to 346.

Best regards,

Frans

• Ever since I installed v372, the wheel reads as is if its all the way to the left (zero) only when I open the driver control panel. As soon as I move it a little bit it goes back to centre (zero). I did set it properly. Its fine in games, so seems like the driver has added a bug.

• I have updated to the latest beta drivers and I now get random disconnections, sometimes after only a few minutes, sometimes not for an hour or more. I have never experienced this issue before until updating to driver version 372. It improved slightly with version 373, but I then had a weird thing happen when the wheel went haywire and spun around 6 or 7 times and just locked up. I had to pull the power plug to get it working again, and it worked fine for a couple of hours before yet another random disconnection. The spinning fit has only happened one time. It will disconnect in different games too, I have had the disconnection issues in RF2, Automobilista 2 and AC2. I have the following configuration:

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD1
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
    • Driver Version: 373
    • Base FW Version: 674
    • Motor FW Version: 40
    • Wheel FW Version: 31
    • FanaLab Version: 1.47

Any suggestions?

• Have to confess, with so many users complaining of issues following updating with beta drivers I'm deathly scared of using and playing russian roulette.

• Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.5.4

Wheel "buzzes" on straights and has stronger FFB for Mercedes-AMG GT3 (all tracks), but does not "buzz" on any GT4 and all the other GT3 cars I have driven lately: Ferrari 488 GT3, Lexus RC F GT3, etc. Any turning input seems to stop it "buzzing".

Was not present in v347. I tried v361/365 but these caused the base to restart randomly or loose FFB, so had to go back to v347. Then used Testexport_RFormV2 and was not present either.

Fanatec

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite v1.1
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ClubSport Formula V2
    • Driver Version: 372
    • Base FW Version: 674
    • Motor FW Version: 22
    • Wheel FW Version: 35
    • FanaLab Version: 1.47

Wheel settings:

• SEN Auto
    • FF 100
    • DRI -03
    • FEI 100
    • FOR 100
    • SPR 100
    • DPR 100
    • BLI 100
    • SHO 100
    • BRF 50

Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.5.4 In-Game settings:

• Steer lock: 1080
    • Gain: 50
    • Min Force: 3
    • Dynamic Damping: 100
    • Road Effects: 2

• I just installed V373. Is there still anywhere I can download V372 so I can extract the WQR firmware update?

This discussion has been closed.