Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• edited September 2020

Aww, problems are starting now with 372. Use it on DD1 with Podium Hub and Avanced Paddle module and now sometimes the APM stops working. Putting the Wheel off the base fixes it then

Never had those issue before with the 356 driver. I think I will go back to it and hopefully I will again have a perfect system.

I think I’m not the only one starting with this problem as seen one page ago here.

• K BarrettK Barrett Member
    edited September 2020

I have tried the beta again & I have noticed the bli which was making my wheel vibrate under heavy braking has stopped working, I turn the function off & back on again & the wheel & PS4 bit still nothing.

I am not sure if it's because of the ACC update 1.5.7 but at some stage I will reinstall PC2 & another game & see if it works with them.

It did come & go before with the last patch but now it's doesn't work at all.

I have also set my fei to 20 to reduce the heavy rattle when I miss my braking zone , the vibrations made me feel it would damage my new unit.

Will I loose to much information from the game with the FEI so low?

Another thing why does my wheel not show the full driver information when 1st turned on 80% of the time it will show 674 & --- the rest of the time it will show 674 022?

Csl elite F1 podium with default pedals. PS4 beta v373

Driver 674

Update it seems that if the wheel doesn't show 672 & 022 then the vibrations in the wheel (bLI ) doesn't work .

• So time too time, my 2020 F1 Wheel freeze and I lost the shifter and the button on it. I cannot said I have a pattern, I can be days without probleme and it's reappear.

I did have that probleme before the 372 but it's more frequent since I update.

I try everything that people said here ... without succes.

I also have a friend who have the same setup (DD1, F1 wheel and 372 drivers with Fanalab 1.47) and doesn't have that problem ... So I borrow his wheel for testing purpose and the problem his still there (my base, his wheel).

Now, I remove the fanalab software, my antivirus, every telemtry software that could impact and I will see what happen next ...

Hope that we will find a solution soon !

Thanks

• I’m new to fanatec so I am unsure of a couple of things.

My hardware is .

DD1

ClubSport Pedals V3 

ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports 

ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 

ClubSport Handbrake V1.5

Installed Driver V373 and flashed the firmware on the DD1 and pedals successfully however when I attached the steering wheel I did not get a pop up or update button for the steering wheel .

The wheel is recognized and everything seems to be working right and was able to calibrate it.

Would I be correct in assuming that there is no new firmware for the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports whey there is no update button ?

Also do I need to buy the ClubSport USB Adapter to update the firmware on the shifter and handbrake ?

Or is it necessary ?

The shifter and handbrake are connected to the wheelbase and was able to calibrate them as well they seem to be working correctly other then they’re not showing up on the device list on in FanaLab 1.47.

• edited September 2020

your steering wheel as well as the Shifter and Handbrake cant be updated.

• OK thank you.

• I have now this jolts that I sometimes have in RaceRoom also in WRC 9. It's a loud clank with a small force impuls. I'm using no info screen on base or BME just the Fanatec Logo screen and BME legacy. Wheelbase is in PC mode with high torque but only at 45 % FFB.

There is not a special place in track it's just completely random. I had it yesterday 3 times in 2h playtime.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Podium HUB and BME
    • Driver Version: 373
    • Base FW Version: 674
    • Motor FW Version: 40
    • Wheel FW Version: Hub 3 and BME 13
    • FanaLab Version: not installed

• Could you or one of the others get help with this problem? I’m on the same boat here. I can’t race anymore because I do not know, when it happens next.

• Houston, we have lift off!

This is for anyone who has yet to install the V373 driver and Fanalabs to allow the new Porsche 911 GT3 wheel and Podium Button Module to work with the Clubsport V2.5 wheelbase.

I waited about 3 weeks after Fanatec Beta Driver V373 was released and read about 10 pages of comments. Before I decided today would be the day to install it.

I purchased the Porsche 911 GT3 R Suede wheel on pre-order. For my ClubSport wheelbase V2.5 The wheel came in (ie. was delivered) right on time per the website. Knowing the Podium button module was not ready yet. The wheel and parts spent a few days in the boxes. Then I decided I wanted to play with it. The universal hub was pre-installed with buttons and I just needed to install a newer driver. Current wheel was - The CSL Elite Steering wheel P1 for Xbox one. A great starter wheel for what I wanted btw. The new Porsche wheel with the universal hub with button modules was a great upgrade but was not the Podium button module that got me all excited in the first place.

Fanatec released the V373 and it was touted as allowing the Podium button module to work now with the ClubSport V2.5. So I like all of you started to do my research.

While reading the forum posts, someone suggested following

Boosted Media – Guide – How to update Fanatec Firmware. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvtmZxlaxPU]    .

I watched the video made notes and then looked at the comments from others that used his method for updating drivers for Fanatec equipment. All Positive. Today I went through the process step by step and had a perfect experience. 

Note: Follow the steps in the order its given. I watched the video on my cell phone while I was doing the process

The PC driver 373 installed perfectly and I even got Fanalab V1.47 installed, and it works great.

My current setup

PC Driver: 373

Wheel Base Firmware: 674

Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 22

Steering Wheel Firmware: 13

The result. My new wheel and base are in perfect working order. The ITM (Intelligent Telemetry Monitor) or something like that. Works great! I can view all 5 pages and make adjustments with no issues.

Secret process to getting to the pages. (Press and Hold) the little (Tuning button) at Upper left of the button module and rotate (left or right) the (Funky switch) located at lower right.

To make adjustments – (Press once) Tuning button and use the (Funky switch) Up and Down navigates through the Setup Profiles. Left and Right navigates through the Tuning menu items.

I hope this helps anyone else out there with this configuration. I hope you all can enjoy this like I am.

• Now that my CSW 2.5 is in theory compatible with PBME, I want to use a Podium Hub with APM attached to run a bare rim with a PBME. Will I be able to set the APM clutch bite point on the PBME?

• Sure, the BME has a Display and a Dpad, which is both needed to set the Advanced Bite Point.

• Many thanks, Maurice. 👍 Wasn’t sure about rotary selection switch as per F1 2020

• If it's the same thing I had in ACC I reduced the FEI until it stopped my is set to 40 .

• K BarrettK Barrett Member
    edited September 2020

• Was told to call attention to my bug here: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/17515/its-possible-to-erase-wheelbase-flash-even-without-a-hex-file-loaded

My wheelbase is without a default firmware atm. No idea what to do, no response from EU support since friday.

I hope it's as easy as loading the correct hex file into the Wheel Base Updater, if anyone can supply the file? As it's not publicly available. (embedded into the drivers I believe, but only available via automatic update, which doesn't work for me...)

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite V2.5
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): BMW GT2
    • Driver Version: 373
    • Base FW Version: NONE (before it was 628)
    • Motor FW Version: Don't know
    • Wheel FW Version: Don't know
    • FanaLab Version: not used

• So after installing the 373 drivers, and all other latest drivers, my mouse is unusable when the wheel base (DD2) is turned on. Mouse is a wired Razer Taipan. All Fanatec stuff is on its own USB cable to the PC. Basically their is now that much electrical interferrence with the new drivers installed the mouse skips and carries on (similar to having dirt and hair partially covering the sensor). Ive tried all practical things to make it better. If the steering wheel is moving slowly it is much better but still affects it.

• where can I download the driver 373 ?

I just can not find it ....

Is there a place, where all the driverversions are listed and I can download the one I want ?

Thank you !

• I'd never use FEI under 80 tbh. You loose so much detail with such a low FEI setting. I doubt you feel anything with FEI at 40 lol

• Just a quick shout to say i just received my CSW v2.5 and CSL P1 wheel and it's insane!! Can't believe the difference between this and my previous G27.

Installed the 374 drivers as recommended by a friend, updated the firmware and i'm using the Fanatec settings for both AC and ACC and i couldn't be happier. Cannot believe what i've been missing.....

Ordered on a Friday btw, and it shipped on the Tuesday and arrived today. Nice 1 Fanatec.

• Is there a way to permanently disable the ITM screens on the DD1 other than just showing the default screen?

Every time I deselect the ITM screen for the DD1 and deselect any favourites for the DD1 and select the Default screen below for it, the screen on the DD1 still changes to the first ITM screen when I start ACC. It is working as intended on the BME screens but since using Maurice's ACC Mercedes GT3 file the DD1 ITM screen is always active even if I save over it with the options unselected.

Cheers Q

• So DD2 and Podium 911 GT3 arrived, followed the guide and watched the boosted media YouTube guide...and here's my issue..

Everything works up until I get to the Motor FW update...when initially it says error, then connected then just shuts down the fanatec software and I hear windows chime like something's been unplugged...

Then it's not listed and no amount of restarts, repairs, uninstalls and start again's fix this problem..just always get to this point and it dies!?

So far the ONLY way I can get the DD2 to work is to go back to 346/352 and use my clubsport F1 wheel..

I've even tried the 374 and exact same thing happens,

Anyone else same problem ? Any help?

Greatly appreciated!!

• Hi!

The DRI mode was better on the 347 update. When i put the DRI on -5 it feels super heavy now and the wheel wont sync with the front wheels(Road) properly when drifting.

• Because it was kind of broken with previous drivers. When set to -5 it’s maximum damper, so of course it doesn’t work well for drifting. For drifting set it to OFF or in the positive range, not negative.

• Hello!

Running a CSL Elite Racing Wheel (PS4), CSL Elite Pedals LC, CS Shifter and CS Handbrake. Been running official firmware included in official driver version 328 until end of August. Decided to try driver version 372 then 373 and now on 374.

Everything seems to be working as expected in PC mode (red) and PS4 mode (blue), but obviously someone has forgotten all about Compatibility Mode (yellow and purple). When trying to use Comaptibility Mode (yellow) the settings utility tells me there is a firmware update for CSW V2. It updates to the same firmware that I am already running (675) and asks for the same firmware update again. I am not able to configure or use the wheel or pedals in any way. Using Compatibility Mode (purple) the settings utility recognizes the wheel, but will not react to any movement of the wheel or pedals. In other words, Compatibility Mode is dead.

I need Compatibility Mode in Dirt Rally for PS4, since this is one of few driving games supporting VR for PS4. I was able to get the wheel working in normal PS4 mode (blue), but only the wheel, throttle and brake pedal. There is no force feedback, no clutch, no shifter, no handbrake.

Occasionally I play The Crew (original version) on PC and this also have to be run in Compatibility Mode to work. Not working any more.

There is a small problem with the BRF setting in the settings utility. The wheelbase shows 50 %, but the settings utility shows 60 %. This is after installing driver 374 and updating to firmware 675. When the setting is changed it will remain the same, but if left as is after update it will show 50 % and 60 % respectively.

• Bumps aren't really details, I mean tyres losing grip, curbs etc. The fine details.

• I feel that also in ACC but I not tried anything else I have to admit.

Each game gives a different feel so may settings is to low for your other games, that's when the 5 profile settings come into play good luck getting it sorted

This discussion has been closed.