Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Damn just got my round 1 rim and looks like ill have to buy this too! The $165 price is saddening though. 

On another note can anyone direct me to a forum for help with fanatec products other than support which has always been slow for me and got disconnected from live chat 3 times

Set up my csw2 + XBO Hub and updated to driver v226 (beta) (and also tried v219) but when attached to the xbox altho the buttons on the hub work the wheel itself doesnt and is not recognised as a device. 
    For pc you mean? Switch hub to pc mode first. At default the base starts up in XOne mode!!

• V2 base to fw 116..yes. Update V3 pedals to fw 112. NO
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited September 2015
    just came in yesterday.  Pics really don't do the rim justice.  very nice

and beside the porsche rim 

• Very nice Landon!
  • just came in yesterday.  Pics really don't do the rim justice.  very nice

and beside the porsche rim 

Haven't seen one in person myself. But I believe I will be needing to purchase one very soon now. I like it very much
  • Dang man. That is sweet. Can't wait until Tuesday sometime before 8pm. :-D
  • Dang man. That is sweet. Can't wait until Tuesday sometime before 8pm. :-D

I'm really liking the rim. It is really nice. I'm basically a rookie, even though I had a GT2 wheel before but never really used it. Looking forward to some racing this weekend!
  • Go have some FUN!!! :-)
  • I've been trying to patiently wait for a more affordable fanatec xbox one wheel to come out... 

My X360 Forza CSR setup is starting to collect dust in the corner. A few years ago, I spent $600 and got a wheel, shifter, pedals, and a stand.

Now, the absolute cheapest option that is out there for people in my shoes is to buy the Clubsport base, with an X1 wheel. = an additional $1000 (and it's only that cheap because I can reuse my pedals, shifter, and stand)

In October 2014 Fanatec said: "Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kinds of racing styles and different budgets. [in regard to the XB1]"

I have not seen any hint of more products coming, (And now I've lost hope of a Forza 6 package, like the past CSR for x360) I understand that Fanatec products are in the top tier of quality, but where are the realistically priced options?
  • Can anyone one tell me if the Endor Games part of Fanatec is still in business?
    I placed an order but my account hasn't updated in the last two weeks but my payment showed paid via PayPal.
    I tried calling the number listed and it's like a lawyers office or something like that.
    I've sent an email, but it has been returned to me in German...basically saying the mailbox is not valid.
    I can't send an question to Fanatec about the order until it shows up in my purchased items in my account.
    HELP
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Did you try submitting a ticket via the support page? Also is your item a pre order or in stock? 
    Why do you recommend to not update the V3 pedals to fw112?

I am about to get my rig finished and hook it all up. I just downloaded all the latest firmware and thought I'll update it all. Glad I read this before I did.

Will 116 work in Windows 10 however? I was about to update to Win10 from 8.1 but will hold off if 116 is not compatible.
  • Question or assumption...I will need to use a controller for xbox live chat using the Xbox hub?  Can anyone help let me know how they are chatting with friends while playing Forza with this hub?

Thanks!!

Why do you recommend to not update the V3 pedals to fw112?

I am about to get my rig finished and hook it all up. I just downloaded all the latest firmware and thought I'll update it all. Glad I read this before I did.

Will 116 work in Windows 10 however? I was about to update to Win10 from 8.1 but will hold off if 116 is not compatible.You
    You can update your V2 base driver...but remember it's a BETA driver !! And you normally have to update the pedals seperatelly by usb directly to pc. But we found, with at least 5 people, the default V3 firmware has the least issues...for now !!
  • Question or assumption...I will need to use a controller for xbox live chat using the Xbox hub?  Can anyone help let me know how they are chatting with friends while playing Forza with this hub?

Thanks!!

First start up your tv and XOne...when XOne is fully loaded, turn on the Base. Start up FM6 until your in the FM6 homescreen. Then take controller with headphones, hook it up by USB to your XOne, so it charges...or else it will go dead after a while....start a party or join one and you can chat with your friends !!
  • Thanks Antoine!  Appreciate the detailed response.  Makes sense to do it in that order :)

Dang man, I can't wait!!! Should be here tomorrow, will have to mount update, etc...but hope to at least run a few laps tomorrow. :)

• Be sure to update the base WITHOUT the hub, FOR THE FIRST time. Pedals and, if you've got one, shifter are okay to hook up.
    And the Hub doesn't work wireless like the CSR did !!!
  • WITHOUT the hub, I will remember, pedals are third party with cable made for hub, shifter I do not have as my shifter was my G27.  Next purchase is between the F1 Carbon or shifter.  For FM6, paddles are just fine, but I will miss my shifter on iRacing for sure.
  • Cable made for V2 base I mean.
  • Hmmm... I think this may be the final Config for my XB1 rim and hub... i like the Thumb Stick on the Right side better.
    1st pic original config

2nd pic my Final config
  • I like it to .... but I'm left handed so ..

• I agree with you John.

I bought the XBOX one Hub with the Drift Rim. I returned the rim because the seam started coming
    undone and I returned the base because the green lights did not worked. However I
    am satisfied with the xbox one hub and the base. It is a great product and the price
    is in consequence.
    The Fanatec service is also great (my base was repaired in two days!), thank you Fanatec.

However,
    like John, I'd like to play with a dedicated xbox one rim like the BMW
    or F1 rims. I find the use of such dedicated rims easier because all the
    buttons are located on the wheel (including the DPAD). Maybe the price for such a rim will be
    lower as Fanatec said. I hope for a new confirming this...

Good game to all ;-)
  • Can anyone help please??

I think...so far...my purchase is a brick.  Base USB is not recognized by Windows 10, installed the 219 DL, turn base on, it spins, stops, but not recognized, add Hub and rim, spins, reboots, spins, reboots, spins...etc.  Can even turn off without unplugging.

I feel so disappointed right now, 3 hours trying different things, Hub has never come to life, and I don't think Base is either.  Of course can't reach out to any type of support, send email.

:(

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

Steve, try V226... I believe that was developed for Windows 10... first uninstall the other Fanatec driver on your PC and download v226.

wait, did you put it in PC mode?? what color is the light on power buttom ring green < Xbox   red <PC   it needs to be in PC

had to check. press   Double square = Y at the same time to enter PC mode

• Joe,

I tried V226 just for that reason, complete uninstall of other.  I cant even get to any mode.  When attaching hub, it starts the "spin" but keeps rebooting, spin, rebooting...etc.  All the time light is red or dashed red.  Never seen green or any life to the xbox hub at all.

• thinking...
  • okay, here is my procedure:

1] open the Fanatec controller window on the PC....

2] connect wheel to power source

3] connect wheel to pc via USB

4] power on the wheel

at that point it should show as clubsport wheel in a blue highlight bar in the controller window

• PS ... without the hub or any other items attached!!

• I have not pedals from them, third party, no other wheel to try.  This should not be so hard.  Something can't be right or I'm missing the obvious.  FYI, I'm a software developer by trade.
  • thanks for that ,, I now feel a bit better about myself ... I had the same thing happen , issue with the pedals I believe