PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I don't see where the contradiction is. I have an expensive gear that I intend to use.
    Since I won't be able to use in on my PS4 I'll use in on PC.
    Yes I am staying with my Fanatec gear which costed me a lot. But I won't buy a new one. What don't you understand here ?
    I am still not clear what we should have done different in order to please you.
  • I'll put it in bold case for you :

What I want is TOTAL PS4 games compatibility with my gear.

Or at least up to the developpers as you promised before.

But you stated that it's out of question. So end of story. No need to discuss more.
  • But how good would a new base like the CSL Base be? Better than the CSW v1? And a Major question is how Long does it take to prepare the CSL BASE for ps4? If it Takes 6 month or something like that, the Most People are done with fanatec or switched to PC.
  • I'll put it in bold case for you :

But you stated that it's out of question. So end of story. No need to discuss more.
    Unfortunately Sony took both options off the table
    I'll put it in bold case for you :

We gave a SDK to Kunos and they have implemented support for the CSW. Then Sony asked Kunos directly to take out support of our wheels.

I can understand that this does not make you happy but what is that Faanatec could have done better? What is the reason that you are mad on US? Please explain. 
  • Depending on the success of a potential CSL Elite Wheel base for PS4 it is absolutely possible to have a more high-end Wheel licsensed in the future.
    Why not have a new PS4 CSW base, instead of a CSL elite PS4 base? I think costumers would prefer that. And then maybe the CSL version later if the CSW is a succes. Or is it much easier to make a CSL? or is having a CSL ps4 base a change for making a ps4 hub for the CSW v2?   
  • brett morobrett moro Member
    edited August 2016
    Deleted
  • Hi Thomas. I'm grateful that you are now being very open about things. 

I have developer contacts at racing game studios and have been very well informed over the last couple of months. I just don't know why Sony would not not entertain various solutions for Fanatec wheels (branded PS4 rim or an external device/piggyback system) to ensure that THEIR customers keep investing in THEIR hardware and THEIR game studios. There's Sony VR coming, GT Sport and a new Sony Neo later this year - it's madness. I've actually cancelled all my Sony pre-orders following all this. 

I look forward to hearing more.
  • Hi Thomas. I'm grateful that you are now being very open about things. 

I have developer contacts at racing game studios and have been very well informed over the last couple of months. I just don't know why Sony would not not entertain various solutions for Fanatec wheels (branded PS4 rim or an external device/piggyback system) to ensure that THEIR customers keep investing in THEIR hardware and THEIR game studios. There's Sony VR coming, GT Sport and a new Sony Neo later this year - it's madness. I've actually cancelled all my Sony pre-orders following all this. 

I look forward to hearing more.
    Agree 100% MS PC/ XBox1 stocks just went through the Roof with this info!!! Thanks for the Clarification Thomas... After Years of buying Fanatec Gear 911 gt2, CSR E, CSW v2 etc and using it on Console. XBox/Sony this situation with Sony Has tipped the scales and i bought a Gaming PC!!! All I can Say is WOW!!! its like im using My Fanatec Gear for the First Time!!! i thought with the latest Gen Consoles the Gap between console and PC Gaming had gotten smaller...The Gap is still Huge!!! I will Not Buy another Console XBox or Sony... they both Make rules as they please with No Regard for the Consumer...There is No Reason why Current wheels cant work on Every platform....as a Consumer who bought a PS4 just to Race Pcars with Fanatec Gear i too am affected and feel cheated... But i understand Fanatec is Not to blame when it comes to how Sony/MS makes or Changes their policy regarding equipment that can or will be compatable with their Consoles... As a Consumer i will show My discontent by Not buying Future Sony products!!!... at least MS was Honest and Never Let older wheels Work even though they could have... MS at least gave you a option to buy or Not to buy knowing your older wheels will Never work on their New system.... Sony has been Very deceitful to give Devs the right to program in wheel support and after selling Many units to people who would have Never bought a PS4 if it had Not supported Fanatec Gear they take away Fanatec Support!!! That is Very Deceitful on Sonys part Not Fanatec.
  • I have just got my CronusMax delivered and managed to update its firmware.
    Now I have to put my wheel is PS3 mode and I cannot figure out how to do it.
    I have tried with my CSW Universal Hub.
    Manual says that I must hold select and circle at the same time after autocalibration.
    Normally a red dot is supposed to appear on the right of the LED display.
    Problem is no dot appears at all.
    Am I not doing it right ?
    Maybe someone would explain the detailed procedure to me ?
    Thank you
  • Respectfully Thomas it's like your trying to polish a golden turd on this one its hard to get on the happy train when your saying its no big deal to sell your awesome Clubsport V2 wheel base at a loss for a CSL wheel lol, kinda went all out and put almost 2500.00$ into this dream I was so happy to finally get a really good wheel base. I still don't understand why they won't even consider letting you make a universal hub something really stinks in Denmark on that one. I know your doing the best you can but this really is the worst news for those who spent so much money on your gear it wouldn't be so so bad if you could at least offer to drop the price of your 600$ cad Porsche wheel or something (shameless plug) to take the sting out a bit for some of us. Anyways it was a nice dream for a while you did your best to make it work lord knows you don't need this greef either. Sony must have a nice little deal going with Thrustmaster and there speculated DD wheel for GT sport. (Probably not a DD wheel)
  • First they tell us to go and complain anywhere else, then even sell our CSW or switch to a PC or XB1 ... forgive me but this attitude is absurd!
  • I have just got my CronusMax delivered and managed to update its firmware.
    Manual says that I must hold select and circle at the same time after autocalibration.
    Thank you
    u have to have your wheelbase connected to a PC or PS3.
    First they tell us to go and complain anywhere else, then even sell our CSW or switch to a PC or XB1 ... forgive me but this attitude is absurd!
    I would call it rational or practical. You can continue to blame us for something we cannot Control. It is like blaming your travel agency if the weather at your Holiday destination is bad. Your travel agency can give you tips how to make the best out of it and still have a good holiday but it simply cannot change the weather.

If there is something we could have done better then let me know and we can at least learn from it. Tell us what you would have done better if you were us.
  • First they tell us to go and complain anywhere else, then even sell our CSW or switch to a PC or XB1 ... forgive me but this attitude is absurd!
    I would call it rational or practical. You can continue to blame us for something we cannot Control. It is like blaming your travel agency if the weather at your Holiday destination is bad. Your travel agency can give you tips how to make the best out of it and still have a good holiday but it simply cannot change the weather.

If there is something we could have done better then let me know and we can at least learn from it. Tell us what you would have done better if you were us.

ok I do not want to blame anyone and nor can I give a solution because I'm not Fanatec or Sony. but as a consumer, I would like to have a solution that allows me to do additional expenses to replace a product that until a week ago was working regularly. the reality is that basically the problem they created Fanatec and Sony for their own reasons, we experience it passively and we suffer the consequences. at this point I can only hope for a solution that would allow us to continue to use your products, without further costs. I wish you good work for this.

Yeah but the travel agency and other retailers would give us a refund discount or something. You're solution is we'll make a new base and you can just spend more money. I ordered a chronosmax plus and will see how that turns out. I think the most reasonable thing to do is either #1 give the customer a voucher or major discount since you and sony are forcing them to downgrade or #2 Do the one thing you said no to not sony and that is make a hack or something like the chronos max that allows us to continue to play our wheels. This is something that you can do that Sony has no direct control over. It's on you but to tell folks ohhhh just go ebay it and put it all on them is insane IMO. I want to know what are you going to do for the customer thomas. All I keep hearing from you is "Oh its not our fault just spend more money and that will make it all better"
  • edited August 2016
    I have just got my CronusMax delivered and managed to update its firmware.
    Thank you
    u have to have your wheelbase connected to a PC or PS3.
    Thx. Done so (connected wheel to my PC) but still nothing happens.
    Hub buttons are fully functionnal. I see them activate in the Fanatec Property page program.

Edit :
    I finally managed to do it ! Timing is essential. You must hit the 2 buttons many times while the fw number is displayed. The power button will turn white if it is successful. Strange but my PC detects my wheel as a G27 when in PS3 mode.
    I will try the CM later cause I have no time now.
    Julian

I highly doubt that your travel agency will compensate you for rainy weather. I never heard of that and it would be suicide for them unless you travel to the Sahara.

And are you seriously asking us to violate the IP of Sony and break the law with all its consequences? Is Cronusmax giving you a full 100% guarantee that all future games will work?

What we did was to make your wheels compatible with no extra cost and we succesfully did that for several games.

You always want the latest games on the latest consoles and you spend hundreds on new games, new consoles and new controllers, Headsets etc. Just the steering wheels have to be backwards compatible although nothing else is.

Playing the latest stuff on consoles never has been cheap and it never will be. Please don't blame us for your own decision to play on a console.
  • edited August 2016

In the steering wheel survey there is the question below:

I'm not seeing the image so it's the question about "what steering wheel are you interested most? One of the options is a universal hub for ps4. 

Am i not understanding it right? the update in this topic stated an Universal hub for ps4 was of the table because sony didn’t agree. Why is it an option in the survey then? Of course this wheel would interest me most but it also gives me hope that it is still possible. So is it still possible?
    something else, i think its not so smart that Sony won't agree on a hub. Why? Well, no Fanatec will make a elite base for the PS4 and though its better than the other ps4 wheels on the marked they could have had an even better wheel (CSW) for there console. It would also be in sony's interest to have a highest quality wheel possible.
    The competition (MS) does have a CSW base for their console. Sony is becoming a “B-grade” brand when looking at the compatible wheels :))

So maybe we should all send sony a request that they give us a high grade wheel like X1 has (by allowing fanatec to come with a licenced ps4 universal hub). Not the plastic toys. 
     Also i rather buy a wheel hub every .. 6 years when a new console releases then a base. that way you can play on pc, x1 and ps4 with one base and only have to change the wheel on it. Multiple bases that have to be screwed on and off your rig is too much work by far!

• JIUN HUNG LINJIUN HUNG LIN Member
    edited August 2016
    Hello GT Community — I am sharing some news today that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport to 2017. GT Sport is Polyphony’s foremost competitive gaming title, with high expectations from both the fans and from within our team.

Fanatec,this is your chance.

Hello GT Community — I am sharing some news today that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport to 2017. GT Sport is Polyphony’s foremost competitive gaming title, with high expectations from both the fans and from within our team.

Fanatec,this is your chance.

This helps for sure  :)
  • hello thomas from fanatec !   when i have understand that, that means that you are working licensed the csl elite wheel base for ps4. can you not say a month when you can supply that to the consumers ? 

will that be maybe this year or not ? 

the heavy thing in the world is waiting :)  you say that you are waiting for a contract with sony, means that automaticilly that you are in progress to develop that csl elite base for the ps4 ?

how is the situation when everything is fix and contract are signed, comes the csl elite base with one ps4 compatible wheel like csl p1 in ps4 version ?

or will then the other clubsport steerings be compatible on that maybe csl elte base ps4 version ?

i know that you can not say very much for the moment before the contract is signed, but in this situation what is for you not the best, it can help to hold the consumers at fanatec, to get more infos about a possible coming csl ps4 version.

my situation is so that i have sold my csw v2, csp v3, ssq v 1.5 and xbox one hub with forza rim for good money in forums. my base to play with friends was always on ps4. i have now buy an used t500rs, it is ok for the price but not comparable with fanatec products.

when the csl elite ps4 version is orderable, i'll be there. but i don't wonna wait 6 months on that.

so thomas, please make your best to sign that contract and bring the wheel as fast as possible for ps4 !!
  • Julian

I highly doubt that your travel agency will compensate you for rainy weather. I never heard of that and it would be suicide for them unless you travel to the Sahara.

And are you seriously asking us to violate the IP of Sony and break the law with all its consequences? Is Cronusmax giving you a full 100% guarantee that all future games will work?

What we did was to make your wheels compatible with no extra cost and we succesfully did that for several games.

You always want the latest games on the latest consoles and you spend hundreds on new games, new consoles and new controllers, Headsets etc. Just the steering wheels have to be backwards compatible although nothing else is.

Playing the latest stuff on consoles never has been cheap and it never will be. Please don't blame us for your own decision to play on a console.
    Yes travel agencies and retailers would do something to help the customer. This is foreign to you because the pattern is always "just spend more money". You asked what you should have done, I gave you a reply other than buying a new wheel base and your true colors came out. I absolutely blame you for not doing anything to help the customer in the wake of Sonys decision. It's not a matter of you can't do anything its that you won't. As for your chronous max question of if they guarantee 100% compatibility? Its just a matter if them updating firmware. Like you they are in a similar situation but unlike you they are actually doing something about it. For those that have the chronosmax and have had issues with the latest firmware they are updating it to patch it. (I literally just got off the phone with them). Also they advised they are developing a product exclusively for wheels that they hope to have out by XMas. I will be buying that to Thomas but I will never spend another dime on a new fanaec base or product and I will advise people wherever i can to stay away from your products because of your attitude and treatment of customers. Thanks for the response.
    Michel

our target is to have a Wheel before GT Sports comes out. I cannot give you any date or technical details. We know what the community wants and we try to achieve it.

At the moment it is most likely that the PS4 base also comes with a steering wheel as it Needs to have all the official buttons. I also understand that people would like to see a slightly upgraded version of the P1 rim. That should be possible.

Our target is nothing less than making the best wheel for PS4.
  • I have just read the update by Thomas and I only want to say sorry and apologise for any inconvenience I could have posted. Although I was mad about all this stuff because I have a PS4 and a CSW V2, I can clearly see that Sony's policy is unacceptable. I will take Thomas advice and change my ps4 to an Xbox1 asap. It is sad to see how Sony has bully all of us without giving any kind of explanation. As I posted lately I even wrote to sony and the answer was pathetic.

Thanks for answering our quetions Thomas.

• edited August 2016
    . Official PS4 wheels require a security chip. The only way to get such a chip is to make an agreement with Sony. They threw the PS Hub idea back in your face...so why won't you try to suggest a totally new rim/wheel that IS compatible with the V2. Offcourse those Yakuzas won't let you make a M$ rip of for their #1 selling product. I'm sorry but I'm still repulsive to the fact that I need a new base to still make use of my BMW rim. That IS totally out of the question. Don't get me wrong...the CSL base is a great product...I've tested it. But just don't cut it to the real deal. Then I'll keep my ps4, for now, to play PCars and Dirt. But once enough funds...pc al the way and post a ritual burning of my ps4 on Twitter !!! And about another compatible high end base in the future...NO WAY on earth that I'm paying ANOTHER 750 bucks just to play on PS too. Because in the future..same will happen but then the other way around. License by Sony but then M$ refuses to give one because the $ony wheels are compatible. Also...selling the V2...what do you think would happen if all of the sudden at least 50...and I know a lot more will be on EBay... they become totally worthless...because buyers can literally choose how LITTLE they wanna pay for one.
  • edited August 2016
    Selling just the electronics is not possible as it always has to come with the licensed product.

And there are also no good News about the ACL feature as Microsoft clearly forbids the existance of macros on a controller.

This is something we can do
    ;)
    Well then Thomas....can you answer this question for me please ? Why is it that the Thrustmaster TX base had a fw update in between FM5 and FM6 that enabled the ACL function on the TX ? Not that I need it...but I think you'd better contact M$ AFTER this **** with $ony is done !!
  • edited August 2016
    Here's a nice but old article about the ps4 shenanigans. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-05-whats-the-deal-with-ps4-and-xbox-one-steering-wheels (Surprisingly Thomas was the only one speak open about the matter.
  • Thomas with today's news of the GTS launch postponement , focuses in the Assetto Corsa ;) If you can achieve as soon as possible one available setup, it will be great, And you can count with my buy in a CSL Elite or similar. The GTS at present do not have a release date , the launch can even get to be November 2017 and in that case I will not be waiting and lost almost 1 year Assetto Corsa. I will wait for news, but if we dont have news soon... I apologize but I will make my decision. :( For now, thank you for your attention to us, and updates of information
  • But how good would a new base like the CSL Base be? Better than the CSW v1? And a Major question is how Long does it take to prepare the CSL BASE for ps4? If it Takes 6 month or something like that, the Most People are done with fanatec or switched to PC.
    Imo the CSL BASE for ps4 is already a finished product. It's the same as the CSL for X1 just with PS firmware. It's the new rim that'll take the long wait...cause ofcourse $ony doesn't want it to look ANYTHING like the CSL P1 or Hub...that's what I know for sure.