PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Here's a nice but old article about the ps4 shenanigans. (Surprisingly Thomas was the only one speak open about the matter.
    Uhmmm, where is the Article? LoL You've edited it...huraaaaayyy
  • Here's a nice but old article about the ps4 shenanigans. (Surprisingly Thomas was the only one speak open about the matter.
    Uhmmm, where is the Article? LoL
    Ow sho... I'm so sleepy :) edited it in.
  • help me please !! i have cronus max plus, but on display of cronus compare error
  • edited August 2016
    hello thomas from fanatec !   when i have understand that, that means that you are working licensed the csl elite wheel base for ps4. can you not say a month when you can supply that to the consumers ? 

will that be maybe this year or not ? 

the heavy thing in the world is waiting :)  you say that you are waiting for a contract with sony, means that automaticilly that you are in progress to develop that csl elite base for the ps4 ?

how is the situation when everything is fix and contract are signed, comes the csl elite base with one ps4 compatible wheel like csl p1 in ps4 version ?

or will then the other clubsport steerings be compatible on that maybe csl elte base ps4 version ?

i know that you can not say very much for the moment before the contract is signed, but in this situation what is for you not the best, it can help to hold the consumers at fanatec, to get more infos about a possible coming csl ps4 version.

my situation is so that i have sold my csw v2, csp v3, ssq v 1.5 and xbox one hub with forza rim for good money in forums. my base to play with friends was always on ps4. i have now buy an used t500rs, it is ok for the price but not comparable with fanatec products.

when the csl elite ps4 version is orderable, i'll be there. but i don't wonna wait 6 months on that.

so thomas, please make your best to sign that contract and bring the wheel as fast as possible for ps4 !!
    Why did you sell the pedals and shifter too when Thomas already stated that every other peripheral but the base and rim would still be compatible, selling the V2 with X1 hub was enough to buy the CrapMaster T500. I can't imagine myself going to downgrade my V3 pedals and SQ 1.5 too. And no, I'm still not buying a CSL E PS edition. LOL
  • O dunno of anyone did a DS4 reset and hooked it up via the USB cable before switching it on. CM new users that is, cause the DS must not be connected via Bluetooth and cable.
  • edited August 2016
    The question is : Is it impossible to see the short to medium term wheel that runs on PS4 , Xbox One and PC?

Sorry for my English , I use a translator.

Thank you!

• Nope....only PC/X1for now and pc/PS4 in near future
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Leonardo,

rest assured that this is also our goal but I cannot tell if this will ever be possible

Antoine

we asked MS the same question and if we don't get a satisfying Response we will simply bring the ACL back in. We invented it ;) 
  • edited August 2016
    You'd be making a lot of FM lovers happy...especially now that it's also on pc. They've lost me...to bad the game made no progress but just an overkill of cars ;) It really is too sad that, in Grimeys terms, two companies, $ony and M$,.can act like babies with rattler and kicking heels :) when it comes to 3rd party products. And when it comes to the Fanatec team...they're firmware magicians !!
  • I think, the Problem is, that Sony dont want a base which can be used on Xbox1 and PS4. Just look at the other manufacturer, they all made different products for each platform. So this could be a reason they dont want a hub. A new base like the CLS Elite for the PS4 would be a acceptable solution for me because i could use all my rims, my CSP V3 and other equip and the price is okay. Maybe a discount for V1/V2 users would be possible? I hope for a solution as soon as possible and not only at release of GT sport.
  • “Please do not blame us if you did not read or believe in the big warnings in the product description.”

I remember the CSW v2 product page indicating PS3, PS4, XB1, and PC compatibility with the XB1 Universal Rim. This is how you presented it, so please don’t blame us for not inferring that Sony could change their policies. I knew the wheel was not officially licensed, but I didn't believe compatibility could be removed alltogether.

Here's the product description page from January 2016. I don't know if this web archive tool omits any content, but I'm fairly sure that this is just as I remember it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160117015142/http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-us.html

I don’t see “big warnings”, but I do see a BIG check mark next to PS4. Maybe I didn’t do enough research, but I do feel like I was somewhat misled when making my purchasing decision. The only reason I decided to spend so much money on Fanatec’s products was because I wanted the “Universal” solution that was advertised. I could have bought both of Logitech's new wheels for less money if I wanted a dual-wheelbase solution.

I have really enjoyed using these products, and I will continue to enjoy using them on Xbox and PC. Great quality, great customer support, so many things to like. However, I have lost faith in Fanatec and I will not buy their products in the future. I understand that Sony changed their policies about allowing developers to add driver support to non-licensed wheels - they are certainly not blameless in my books - but I'm very disappointed with how this whole situation has unfolded. 

The only acceptable solution which would lead me to again support Fanatec's products would be to allow me to purchase a PS4 Hub to allow me to use my CSW v2 on Playstation, and finally have the compatibility that I believed I was paying for. I know that Fanatec's hands are somewhat tied, and I have been reading this thread extensively, so I understand all the points brought up, but I felt that I needed to share my views.

Happy racing, everyone.

• I have updated the original post. I hope this helps to get Things straight and to end speculations and wild assumptions.
    again respectfully Thomas but why would any of us want a CSL wheel base when we have a CSW BV2 ? That's what thrustmaster is for they have all the cheap plastic crap we need to play on the ps4 and they have it available rite now for less money my friend, we bought the CSW V2 to have the best of both worlds and we paid a premium for that and honestly you really don't seem to care, you just deflect everything like a politician using the same jargon and take absolutely no responsibility. Thomas your response to us is " just Stay calm and sell your far superior wheel base so you can spend more money on me! everything is okay where going to have this cheap plastic crap ready for GT sport" I am sorry if this offends you but now you know how many of us feel about how your addressing this Thomas. aparently a beta tester and a reviewer are having problems even mounting this new CSL base because the internal "plastic" female end breaks and the screw gets locked in and it's shakes all over the place when racing. Thomas I just think you and your team are capable of so much more and since the ps4 dream essentially dead an affordable " Direct Drive wheel base" would be incredible and those motors are dirt cheap and you wouldn't even need to make it ridiculously powerful to give us that DD fidelity you could really do something great at a thousand bucks no problem. I'm Sorry Thomas but I hope you can understand my brutal honesty regarding this situation and the 2500.00$ cad I have invested in this lost dream my friend
  • Got this on an email an hour ago, written by a CM plus admin
  • First of all I would like to make an apology for my last reaction. Maybe I was a bit to hard against you, because Sony is forcing the situation this way. The reaction I think was created by the fact that I’ve spend a lot of money just for PS4 support and in the end we still don’t get it. I had an Porsche GT3 wheel which looked to be not supported on PS4. So I sold that wheel and got a CSW V2 just for the PS4 support and than this happens. Very frustrating.

Thomas Jackermeier said:

Julian

You always want the latest games on the latest consoles and you spend hundreds on new games, new consoles and new controllers, Headsets etc. Just the steering wheels have to be backwards compatible although nothing else is.

Playing the latest stuff on consoles never has been cheap and it never will be. Please don't blame us for your own decision to play on a console.

So to take a look at your comparison. What I spend on my PS4 the last year:

• PS4 (300)

• Headset (15)

• Project Cars and DLC (100)

• Sebastiaan Loeb Rally (Got for free)

• Playstation+ (Got for Free)

So over the last year that cost me about 415 euro’s. Now for my Fanatec investment:

• Wheel Base (572)

• Universal Wheel Hub (310)

• Shifter (270)

• Steering Wheel (100)

So the fanatec setup bill is 1252 over a year. That’s 3 times as much, so replacing is not just a simple option as you state it to be.

So the choice to just get new gear from fanatec is a lot more expensive than all the expensis for the playstation and all that I’ve bought for it. But I’ve made my choice. I’m gonna sell everything that is a playstation and go game on a PC. I just put everything up for sale, and with that money made, I will upgrade my PC.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Robert

if you look at the correct page then you clearly see this compatibility note:
    PlayStation 4: Games which support Fanatec racing wheels. E.g. Project CARS

We cannot force the game developers to Support our wheels and it was correct to advertise it to be PS4 compatible as the wheel is in fact still compatible to several PS4 games.

Please keep in mind that not even the official licensed T500 RS Wheel was compatible to all racing games on PS3.

We will make the best wheel for PS4 and this is all we can do. And I am sure we can give CSW B V2 customers a special Discount on such a base. 
  • Thanks Thomas for your reply.

I'm glad to hear that you would consider giving us CSW v2 owners a discount on a PS4 base. Maybe some customers would not have seen this compatibility note on the product page since they look at the North American version - I am in Canada so this is what I always checked. Anyway, I look forward to seeing what options we will have for PS4.
  • Richard JamesRichard James Member
    edited August 2016
    We will have to hold you to this Thomas :)

"We will make the best wheel for PS4 and this is all we can do. And I am sure we can give CSW B V2 customers a special Discount on such a base." 

I just want to say I'm very much in the same situation as most of the people on this post. I have the CSW V2 and really was angry regarding this whole scenario. 

I want you to know Thomas that seeing you in here constantly replying and trying to do the right thing is a very good thing.

Here's my take on the whole Sony scenario:

Sony are playing the bully role. They have the lead in this generation and so are dictating terms. This means an "authentication chip" which makes them money on every accessory sold. Tying the chip to the base of wheels means that those bases cannot be used on other consoles.

Thrustmaster and Logitech come to that party and say, we want to make bucket loads of money too, so we'll bow down to your wishes and create separate bases for each console. In turn creating better revenue streams for each.

Fanatec have a much better idea, create rims with the chips in them to allow for far more flexible and cheaper compatibility. Sony says NO. Fanatec have to go back to the above model.

The minority who want full compatibility across all consoles and the convenience of not completely replacing an entire setup to switch games (us) are left out in the cold.

Fair? No. Business? Pretty much. I'm annoyed by the hope from my initial purchase from Fanatec. Pissed off at Sony for doing what they're doing.

I purchased a chronusmax original 3 years ago and it was great and still (through some stuffing about) lets me use my CSW V2 with an Xbox 360. Have Ordered the new one to use with PS4 so here's to hoping my experience is good.

• Julian

I highly doubt that your travel agency will compensate you for rainy weather. I never heard of that and it would be suicide for them unless you travel to the Sahara.

And are you seriously asking us to violate the IP of Sony and break the law with all its consequences? Is Cronusmax giving you a full 100% guarantee that all future games will work?

What we did was to make your wheels compatible with no extra cost and we succesfully did that for several games.

You always want the latest games on the latest consoles and you spend hundreds on new games, new consoles and new controllers, Headsets etc. Just the steering wheels have to be backwards compatible although nothing else is.

Playing the latest stuff on consoles never has been cheap and it never will be. Please don't blame us for your own decision to play on a console.
      But unfortunately after a while the servers a closed and we are forced to move on to the newer product...
  • Yes travel agencies and retailers would do something to help the customer. This is foreign to you because the pattern is always "just spend more money". You asked what you should have done, I gave you a reply other than buying a new wheel base and your true colors came out. I absolutely blame you for not doing anything to help the customer in the wake of Sonys decision. It's not a matter of you can't do anything its that you won't.

I'm sorry, but you're being totally ridiculous with this answer. Travel agencies are not going to do anything when the weather turns out to be bad on your holiday destination. It's nonsense to suggest they would and use that as a stick to beat Fanatec with. For the rest, it has been spelled out way too many times now what the situation is and what options have been left to Fanatec to get around this situation. If you're still beating Fanatec with the accusation that they just are unwilling to help their customers, you are actively refusing to understand the situation and you should stop posting in this thread.
  • edited August 2016
    Some news from my CM :
    It stopped working after I configured it to PS4 mode. It is not detected by my PC anymore and the LED display doesn't light up anymore. I think it's dead.
    Amazon gave me a refund. I'll wait and see before buying a new one.
  • CM is not compatible with Fanatec... sad story Re: Help with PS4 Wheel Edition Mode and Fanatec I have removed the Fanatec info from the press release for now while we dig a little deeper - apologies for that (I was away with family for a few days - only got back last night or I'd have responded sooner). In the meantime - we are looking for Beta Testers who own Fanatec wheels (and any other wheels). Please list the wheels you own and also the console(s) that you have if you are interested. This could be fun with something quite exciting However If you bought a CM just for the Fanatec wheel support on the back of the news I posted and doesn't want to be involved in any beta testing for the CM or for any potential new dedicated Wheel product, let me know and you can ship your CM to me directly and i'll personally refund you - no harm, no foul.
  • edited August 2016
    at this point the only way remains the PC ... but we are 100% sure that Fanatec is PC compatible?
  • I've heard enough, Sony just doesn't care much for sim racers. Swapping rims is reasonable, swapping bases is too much hassle. MS gives us many versions of Forza/Horizon for each version of Turismo, and MS has been more reasonable allowing a rim and letting me play Forza games on my PC. Sony simply doesn't deserve my business.
  • CM is not compatible with Fanatec... sad story Re: Help with PS4 Wheel Edition Mode and Fanatec I have removed the Fanatec info from the press release for now while we dig a little deeper - apologies for that (I was away with family for a few days - only got back last night or I'd have responded sooner). In the meantime - we are looking for Beta Testers who own Fanatec wheels (and any other wheels). Please list the wheels you own and also the console(s) that you have if you are interested. This could be fun with something quite exciting However If you bought a CM just for the Fanatec wheel support on the back of the news I posted and doesn't want to be involved in any beta testing for the CM or for any potential new dedicated Wheel product, let me know and you can ship your CM to me directly and i'll personally refund you - no harm, no foul.
    Thanks a lot but amazon instructed me to send the device back to them at their expense :)
    They will refund my credit card directly
  • an upgrade to version 2.5 of CSWv2 ??? I send you my base, I pay the "chip", and the PS4 sticker. I do not want to go back, I passed to PS4 for titles such as AC, pCars, Dirt, but use the PC for iRacing and early access program steam.it's hard to go back to a csl, better to go ahead with a v3 pcars made me believe that the ps4 was a good product .... everything worked, buttonbox, app dash, handbrake! the magic did not last long.
  • Hey Thomas.. couldn't what Stefano said be an option, when the Sony's chip has been developed and approved for the PS4 base.

It would not have to be something that is advertised. just an option that is available to your consumers, this invitation could be done by email.
    a good idea or not ?

If not a viable idea could you please explain why, just so that i could understand, thanks Tommy,  
    ;;)
  • I'm not Thomas, but it's not about the chip. It's about wheel features, functionality and possibly design or other things. With a 'conversion kit' for CSW v2 wheels, Fanatec would basically circumvent/ignore Sony's wish for one licensed wheel and make another wheel that was not approved by Sony compatible with PS4. That would not be beneficial for Fanatec's relationship with Sony.
  • Yes travel agencies and retailers would do something to help the customer. This is foreign to you because the pattern is always "just spend more money". You asked what you should have done, I gave you a reply other than buying a new wheel base and your true colors came out. I absolutely blame you for not doing anything to help the customer in the wake of Sonys decision. It's not a matter of you can't do anything its that you won't.

I'm sorry, but you're being totally ridiculous with this answer. Travel agencies are not going to do anything when the weather turns out to be bad on your holiday destination. It's nonsense to suggest they would and use that as a stick to beat Fanatec with. For the rest, it has been spelled out way too many times now what the situation is and what options have been left to Fanatec to get around this situation. If you're still beating Fanatec with the accusation that they just are unwilling to help their customers, you are actively refusing to understand the situation and you should stop posting in this thread.
    In actuality I have a pending vacation to Mazatlan NM that I was supposed to take last January but could not do to circumstances so guess what My travel agency actually gave me an extension to take the trip this coming January. If you'd like I can post the email and correspondence here so don't tell me what travel agencies will or won't do. I also have a 700.00 credit with Delta for the air fair that i paid and wasn't able to use for this trip and can post that too. Sheesh its always someone that wants to tell you what other companies will or won't do to justify their own negligence when it comes to consumers. I was done with the conversation at " I will not spend another dime on fanatec gear" but you're insistant to want to be ignorant over this as you expect everyone to cow tow to fanatec and just keep throwing money at an obvious deficiency in customer service. Again so we're clear I will never buy another piece of fanatec gear is my own solution and I will most certainly make it my business to let folks know how we are treated as customers here. No need to keep ranting and trying to tell me that I don't understand the situation and I don't need to post here because I understand the situation all to well as its a pattern that keeps happening. That's why I'm posting enough is enough good day sir
  • I'm not Thomas, but it's not about the chip. It's about wheel features, functionality and possibly design or other things. With a 'conversion kit' for CSW v2 wheels, Fanatec would basically circumvent/ignore Sony's wish for one licensed wheel and make another wheel that was not approved by Sony compatible with PS4. That would not be beneficial for Fanatec's relationship with Sony.
    I understand what your saying but TM has the F1 rim and a Ferrari car rim (i think) and those don't have what i would call a PS layout i.e. share button etc. Im guessing those have been approved by Sony, so why wouldn't all or some Fanatec rims be approved if there was a licensed base?

In actuality I have a pending vacation to Mazatlan NM that I was supposed to take last January but could not do to circumstances so guess what My travel agency actually gave me an extension to take the trip this coming January. If you'd like I can post the email and correspondence here so don't tell me what travel agencies will or won't do. I also have a 700.00 credit with Delta for the air fair that i paid and wasn't able to use for this trip and can post that too. Sheesh its always someone that wants to tell you what other companies will or won't do to justify their own negligence when it comes to consumers. I was done with the conversation at " I will not spend another dime on fanatec gear" but you're insistant to want to be ignorant over this as you expect everyone to cow tow to fanatec and just keep throwing money at an obvious deficiency in customer service. Again so we're clear I will never buy another piece of fanatec gear is my own solution and I will most certainly make it my business to let folks know how we are treated as customers here. No need to keep ranting and trying to tell me that I don't understand the situation and I don't need to post here because I understand the situation all to well as its a pattern that keeps happening. That's why I'm posting enough is enough good day sir
    You're not comparing apples to apples here. If you had went on the vacation and had a bad experience then you'd be comparing equals. What you're saying is actually a return or credit. If you bought a base from Fanatec and then something came up before it shipped I'm sure Thomas would work with you.