PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• edited August 2016
    + Are Fanatec PS3 wheels compatible to the new Playstation 4 (PS4) ?

Right now we cannot say if it might be possible to make all or some Fanatec Playstation 3 Wheels (ClubSport Wheel, CSR Elite, CSR, GT3, GT3V2 and PWTS) compatible to the PlayStation 4. Currently we are nagotiating with Sony as we cannot ensure any compatibility with the new console by ourselves. We hope that we can provide some information soon but it lies not in our hands at the moment. All news about nex-gen compatibility will be posted in our Community/Blog or on our Facebook page.

Update (may 2015):
    We are happy to announce that Project Cars (PS4) will be compatible to the following Fantec Wheels:

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 v2
    Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
    Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)

Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base
    Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2

All types of Fanatec Pedals can be used by connecting them to those Fanatec Wheels and Wheel Bases except the original (wireless) Porsche Wheel Turbo S Pedals. Please install the latest firmware onto your wheel or wheel base to ensure compatibility!

Sadly, we are unable to tell which games will be compatible to our product since Sony allows the game developer to decide which controllers/wheels may be supported. In this case we can only report compatibility game by game! Fanatec is happy to provide our the necessary PS4 development software package to all licenced PlayStation 4 developers.

that is straight out of the FAQ.
  • Yes J W that FAQ is   long before they were advertised as PS4 compatabloe
  • James ArmentiJames Armenti Member
    edited August 2016
    Just wait guys... I was beating my head off the desk for the last 2 days as well... however I was just asked to be a beta tester for new cronus firmware that will fix our issues      This was the video I shared with them. Also to put in ps3 mode you hold the select button (power in pc mode) then press the connect and select button at the same time and the led display should have a dot on it as you can just barely see in my video the button box is just below the steering wheel .(or your wheel will  light up the ps buttons (turbo s/gt2 wheel)
  • @Thomas_Jackermeier

Yes, it is true that you (Fanatec) never promised "unlimited" functionality of the CSW and PS4 - but: You advertised "PS3 and PS4 Compatibility" for several month on your Website. People trusted in Fanatec when they either have ordered a new CSW v2 and other equipment. Now you leave them to hope in vain? And you point on them like "it´s your fault" - even if it is obviously NOT Fanatecs fault what SONY now did, is it?
    No, it is not, I guess.
    Fanatec did not negotiate with SONY when the PS4 came on the market. You have missed it? Or did you fail in an early moment already?

I am sure you can not answer these questions - but what will be the reason for your customers?

Either they feed the dragon and buy the new set - IF it will be compatible with the PS4 one day, or they will sell their PS4 or Fanatec Stuff, or they will switch to xBox or PC...
    Some will do one of those. Some will not.

Why are older Thrustmaster Wheels still working with the PS4 (even those that obviously have no "security chip"), but old Logitech-Wheels and now your Products do not?!

Did you ever ask lawyers professional in european and german business-laws? I would like to have an dedicated answer on all these concerns.
    Many others too, bet that!?

So, I have bought a copy of Assetto Corsa last week. I was playing it on my PS4 System using my Fanatec CSW 1.5 without any problems - until the Patch got installed...
    Now I have some hundred Euros of Equipment that became useless in between three hours - and, even worse: It probably has lost it´s salvage value because many people might sell their useless Fanatec...
    Everyone using Fanatec on a PS4 will be forced! to either wait until (when?) or buy another Product if he want to join AC or, if GT-Sport will be on the market in early November, preorder Fanatec-Products that do not even exist now?

Seriously this is you companies communication and behaviour?

Shocking. Sadly shocking.

I thought you would have had some indemnification for all of us.
    For exsample: What can be the key-features of an new-PS4-Product? Will it be exactly like the CSL for xBox? Will the "old" Wheel-Rims run with it?
    Customers need to know: What will they need to buy. When will they be able to hold the product in their hands?

I apologise to write that harsh open-letter, I really love my CSW - and my PS4 (even if I am ... about what they just did)...

With kind regards
    Tobias
  • @James Armenti, some of us already ordered and own the CM V3 but they're running into some trouble. I ordered it too, and hopefully I'll receive mine Monday or Tuesday. I hope you're willing to help with the setup of our gear and the CM ?
  • yes i have, i actually just bought the Cronusmax yesterday, and tried all of this yesterday. and like i said the G27 works with the Ps4 but Not the Fanatec. i am trying this on the PS4 Wheel Mode, with Firmware V1.21.

And THATS where it goes wrong. You need fw 1.22 for use with Fanatec. Read this: http://cronusmax.com/ Scroll down past pictures
    No I know........i DO have V1.22 in PS4 Wheel mode..........That was a typo. I Just verified that i have the current firmware. like i said it tries to connect but i get the E on the Cronusmax. which is why i think it might the usb hub
    I've received my cronus today and am getting the same as you William - it's doing my head in. I'm just getting 'E' displaying on the cronus. I'm using a standard usb 2 hub too. Hmmm. Also, having read more I'm not sure the Fanatec gets full FFB support either. Do you have to put the wheel in PS3 mode? If so, how the hell do you do that? 
    And stop making noise about the cronusmax. It's a non sollution, which in PS4 term will get blocked everytime there is a PS4 update!

Probably not this time, cause the CM lets the PS4 believe a Logitech G29 wheel is used
  • edited August 2016
    Just wait guys... I was beating my head off the desk for the last 2 days as well... however I was just asked to be a beta tester for new cronus firmware that will fix our issues      This was the video I shared with them. Also to put in ps3 mode you hold the select button (power in pc mode) then press the connect and select button at the same time and the led display should have a dot on it as you can just barely see in my video the button box is just below the steering wheel .(or your wheel will  light up the ps buttons (turbo s/gt2 wheel)
    i was thinking of doing the same thing with my Clubsport Base V2, making a video and sending it to the showing EXACTLY what it is doing, so they might get a better understanding of what is happening and why it isn't working. I would also be able and willing to be a BETA tester for them.
  • I have one word that I think no one is exploring. LAWSUIT and by this I mean against Fanatec and Sony. Lawsuits facilitate change. You complaining to Sony and Fanatec on a post does nothing but give you a sense that you are making headway by venting your frustration but nothing ever gets done and this type of treatment continues. Class action lawsuits however let the producers know that the consumer will not be screwed over. So What needs to be done is we all need to get a petition going or begin exploring those avenues. I am sure with all the money that we have wasted in investing with Fanatec combined there is an Attorney that would gladly take the case. As posted earlier this is both Fanatecs and Sony's fault. I for one am tired of every time Fanatec screws us the go to response is to point the finger elsewhere and tell us to go to Sony or Microsoft as Thomas sits at the table with them. How the hell can you tell us to go to them but you have the channels to make the deals with them. It's shady business practice IMO. It should not be us that has to go to them it should be Thomas and the powers that B at Fanatec that are sitting at the table with Sony.
    You have No Legal Grounds to File a law suite Fanatec or Sony...Bottom Line...Fanatec Cannot promise Future Proof comatability with Sony product... Ex: With windiws 10 some older prigrams just wont work even though you paid for them on windows 7... Get the point what worked last gen is Not promised to work Next gen...I guess you have Never read through Sony update policy... But they do leave you the right to refuse the update but you will Not be able to use online services with out the current update. This Is Not Thomas/Fanatecs Fault... All th e Bashing in the world wont Change a thing...It just shows how fickle human Nature is because tt will be the same people telling Thomas/Fanatec how Great he and his Team is in a Few weeks. The Life span of a state of thr art Electronic device is 2 to 4 years nvecause Tecnology is advancing at a Rapid rate... There is No way to Future proof a Electronic device because things are Constantly being improved... The V2 has been out since 2014 and just because you may have just bought 1 does Not mean that it cant or wont be upgraded to a Newer Model tomorrow with added or diminshed funtionality...Renember Sony has done this Before with the First PS3!!! Remember PS3 had Full Backwards compatability... But as sony does yup they took it away!!! I have taken My PS4 off auto update!!! I will refuse to update MY PS4 and thats that. Show your Discontent to Sony by Refusing to buy their products Games, Movies ETC... Remember We made Sony and MS change their DRM policy!!! No one was going to buy either condole so they Changed it... We can do it again!!! with all of this Dilema i went and bought a Gaming PC and i feel as if i have Never really experienced what fanatec Gear can really Do... PC and Fanatec Gear is Just Amazing... I May Never touch a console again!!! For the same price as the New Bundle you can build a modest PC that will Blow the Crap outta XB1 and PS4 and Continue to use your Current Gear!!! Going PC is as close to Future proof as ut can get for Now because as long as you start with a good build case you can always upgrade as much as you budget can handle. any way all that to say its Not Thomas/Fanatecs Fault i think that all the Fanatec Bashing Needs to stop... JMO
  • Greg UngerGreg Unger Member
    edited August 2016
    I have one word that I think no one is exploring. LAWSUIT and by this I mean against Fanatec and Sony. Lawsuits facilitate change. You complaining to Sony and Fanatec on a post does nothing but give you a sense that you are making headway by venting your frustration but nothing ever gets done and this type of treatment continues. Class action lawsuits however let the producers know that the consumer will not be screwed over. So What needs to be done is we all need to get a petition going or begin exploring those avenues. I am sure with all the money that we have wasted in investing with Fanatec combined there is an Attorney that would gladly take the case. As posted earlier this is both Fanatecs and Sony's fault. I for one am tired of every time Fanatec screws us the go to response is to point the finger elsewhere and tell us to go to Sony or Microsoft as Thomas sits at the table with them. How the hell can you tell us to go to them but you have the channels to make the deals with them. It's shady business practice IMO. It should not be us that has to go to them it should be Thomas and the powers that B at Fanatec that are sitting at the table with Sony.
    You have No Legal Grounds to File a law suite Fanatec or Sony...Bottom Line...Fanatec Cannot promise Future Proof comatability with Sony product... Ex: With windiws 10 some older prigrams just wont work even though you paid for them on windows 7... Get the point what worked last gen is Not promised to work Next gen...I guess you have Never read through Sony update policy... But they do leave you the right to refuse the update but you will Not be able to use online services with out the current update. This Is Not Thomas/Fanatecs Fault... All th e Bashing in the world wont Change a thing...It just shows how fickle human Nature is because tt will be the same people telling Thomas/Fanatec how Great he and his Team is in a Few weeks. The Life span of a state of thr art Electronic device is 2 to 4 years nvecause Tecnology is advancing at a Rapid rate... There is No way to Future proof a Electronic device because things are Constantly being improved... The V2 has been out since 2014 and just because you may have just bought 1 does Not mean that it cant or wont be upgraded to a Newer Model tomorrow with added or diminshed funtionality...Renember Sony has done this Before with the First PS3!!! Remember PS3 had Full Backwards compatability... But as sony does yup they took it away!!! I have taken My PS4 off auto update!!! I will refuse to update MY PS4 and thats that. Show your Discontent to Sony by Refusing to buy their products Games, Movies ETC... Remember We made Sony and MS change their DRM policy!!! No one was going to buy either condole so they Changed it... We can do it again!!! with all of this Dilema i went and bought a Gaming PC and i feel as if i have Never really experienced what fanatec Gear can really Do... PC and Fanatec Gear is Just Amazing... I May Never touch a console again!!! For the same price as the New Bundle you can build a modest PC that will Blow the Crap outta XB1 and PS4 and Continue to use your Current Gear!!! Going PC is as close to Future proof as ut can get for Now because as long as you start with a good build case you can always upgrade as much as you budget can handle. any way all that to say its Not Thomas/Fanatecs Fault i think that all the Fanatec Bashing Needs to stop... JMO

I absolutely disagree and IMO fanatec is just as guilty initially on this site what was listed was compatibility with PS4 thus the wheel base and prehiperals had PS4. Later this was taken down but not when i initially bought the wheel and nothing was said about losing compatibility non the less I'll start looking for attorneys and see. Yes its also Fanatecs fault because I didn't pay sony I paid fanatec and now the leader of the company who is sitting at the table with Sony is telling us " Oh just call and complain. Meanwhile folks like yourself are just saying " oh just don't complain its really not fanatecs fault just shell out thousands more dollars for a pc and its all good. The bottom line its the same pattern of give us more money and we will just keep jacking you and you just have to deal with it. You're opinion is that we have no legal grounds and I'm sure someone said the same thing about the woman who sued McDonalds over a cup of hot coffee who won and while it may be your opinion that the fanatec bashing needs to stop its my opinion that Fanatec stop screwing customers and that doesn't stop unless complaints and action is taken so that this pattern of bad business practices stop

• + Are Fanatec PS3 wheels compatible to the new Playstation 4 (PS4) ?

Right now we cannot say if it might be possible to make all or some Fanatec Playstation 3 Wheels (ClubSport Wheel, CSR Elite, CSR, GT3, GT3V2 and PWTS) compatible to the PlayStation 4. Currently we are nagotiating with Sony as we cannot ensure any compatibility with the new console by ourselves. We hope that we can provide some information soon but it lies not in our hands at the moment. All news about nex-gen compatibility will be posted in our Community/Blog or on our Facebook page.

Update (may 2015):
    We are happy to announce that Project Cars (PS4) will be compatible to the following Fantec Wheels:

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 v2
    Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
    Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)

Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base
    Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2

All types of Fanatec Pedals can be used by connecting them to those Fanatec Wheels and Wheel Bases except the original (wireless) Porsche Wheel Turbo S Pedals. Please install the latest firmware onto your wheel or wheel base to ensure compatibility!

Sadly, we are unable to tell which games will be compatible to our product since Sony allows the game developer to decide which controllers/wheels may be supported. In this case we can only report compatibility game by game! Fanatec is happy to provide our the necessary PS4 development software package to all licenced PlayStation 4 developers.

that is straight out of the FAQ.
    Right but let the fanboys tell it they never promised compatibility lol. Do not pass go something needs to be done legally.

• the CSW I bought it from Fanatec, why should I just go complain to Sony? If I sell a shirt and cotton not good I do not say to my client, I'm sorry, you go to complain to those who produce cotton. I go to those who produce cotton, looking for a solution for me and my client. this is a proper way to treat my client. Fanatec is guilty as Sony.
    Because Fanatec did not change anything, Sony instructed game developers to stop Fanatec wheel support. It was Sony who changed the rules while previously the rule was "game devs need to include hardware support in the game itself" which was something that Sony explicitly communicated to hardware vendors.

Fanatec was not warned that this would happen, Sony suddenly changed their rules and also left no option for current hardware to be upgraded to be compatible.

So please stop blaming Fanatec, they were caught by this sudden change in rules just like you were.
  • I think it is disturbing that Fanatec blames the producer of the game (who had AC working before official release) and Sony acts like its nose is bleeding. I wander what Fanatec will do to compensate those who have bought a 1500,- euro setup to play on the PS4 with, which turns out not to be working on the PS4 at all.....

Fanatec does not blame anyone, Kunos was forced by Sony to remove Fanatec wheel support from AC in a day-1 patch.
    Sony changed their rules and require game devs now to not support 'old' Fanatec hardware, and only an upcoming licensed PS4 wheel from Fanatec. So your set-up does work on the PS4 with existing games, only new games are not allowed by Sony to support current Fanatec hardware.

I hope that the above makes clear that Fanatec is as much a victim of Sony as you are. Therefore, Fanatec is not going to compensate anyone for this.
  • edited August 2016
    Quote"Right but let the fanboys tell it they never promised compatibility lol. Do not pass go something needs to be done legally."End Quote. Here we go.. The Name calling begins... Sooo immature... do you have your Baby rattle Shaking and Kicking your Heels against the Floor also???
  • Stupid delivery moron douchebag won't find my doorbell and notifies recipient was absent as my wife and I were here. Will only get my CM delivered tomorrow .
    French Chronopost sucks. >:P
  • So fanatec took my 1700 euro told me on the web site all gear compatible with ps4 on there web site and now seem to say up yours not going to help you basically.
  • So fanatec took my 1700 euro told me on the web site all gear compatible with ps4 on there web site and now seem to say up yours not going to help you basically.
    Fanatec doesn't say anything like that, Sony changed how compatibility is regulated in the middle of the product's life cycle. And Sony already indicated that establishing licensing for existing Fanatec hardware is out of the question, so there is nothing that Fanatec can do.

• edited August 2016
    So fanatec took my 1700 euro told me on the web site all gear compatible with ps4 on there web site and now seem to say up yours not going to help you basically.
    Fanatec doesn't say anything like that, Sony changed how compatibility is regulated in the middle of the product's life cycle. And Sony already indicated that establishing licensing for existing Fanatec hardware is out of the question, so there is nothing that Fanatec can do.

If Sony is Blocking Current Fanatec products from being upgraded to have Native support on the PS4 when we know the Current Product Line up will work if Game Devs program in Support or with a Official PS4 rim then the Issue Maybe the New TM DD wheel thats coming out!!! TM may have a deal with Sony to Block out the V2 so that its DD wheel will be King!!! Thats the only thing that makes sense.

Remco you're wasting your time. I've tried time and again to explain this but some just won't listen. Or they truly don't understand. My belief is they don't want to understand. It's pretty simple really. And we aren't "fanboys " we just happen to understand the truth. Like it or not Fanatec was taken by surprise with this development just as we were. Do people really think Thomas wants all this negativity in his blog? He'd much rather everyone be happy. He's the only one that worked with MS to keep existing base (CSWv2) compatible. Why would he now say screw PS4 owners.
  • So whats the score, will they make a PS4 supported base/wheel or both and make everything else compatibly or is selling everything fanatec i own to fund the new PS4 stuff the only way i can use fanatec gear on PS4 in the future? Id rather keep what I've got if i knew whats going to happen going forward but if i sell up the money will go towards a TM DD not fanatec
  • I think it is disturbing that Fanatec blames the producer of the game (who had AC working before official release) and Sony acts like its nose is bleeding. I wander what Fanatec will do to compensate those who have bought a 1500,- euro setup to play on the PS4 with, which turns out not to be working on the PS4 at all.....

Fanatec does not blame anyone, Kunos was forced by Sony to remove Fanatec wheel support from AC in a day-1 patch.
    Sony changed their rules and require game devs now to not support 'old' Fanatec hardware, and only an upcoming licensed PS4 wheel from Fanatec. So your set-up does work on the PS4 with existing games, only new games are not allowed by Sony to support current Fanatec hardware.

I hope that the above makes clear that Fanatec is as much a victim of Sony as you are. Therefore, Fanatec is not going to compensate anyone for this.
    Check! Thanks for clearing that up!
    It is a sucky situation though!
  • @ Mike, seems pretty clear, NOW ;) , that if you keep playing ps4 only...you can sell your base and current rim. Cause a new PS compatible base AND rim will be in the pipeline asap. Thomas already told a glimpse of it being a Ps4/pc CSL E base and rim.
  • JIUN HUNG LINJIUN HUNG LIN Member
    edited August 2016

I guess I can answer many questions about compatible with ps4.

Someone told us not to blame fanatec,because Sony changed the rules.
    I want to ask what's rules be changed?

Before driveclub release,someone say "any wheel which can compatible with ps3 also can compatible with ps4"

After driveclub release,I understand it's impossible.

Then FANATEC CSW base V2 was born.

I believe many people and I both think it will compatible with ps4 soon.

So,We wait..................

When the logitech g29 and g920 announced their news last year,
     I knew sony never used the same wheelbase with xbox one on ps4.
    Because ps4's market is much bigger than that of xbox.
    Sony must wants fanatec make brand-new products which only compatible with ps4.
    Of course it will also compatible with pc.
    because it will need drive and firmware update.
    I believe that is the rules Sony set up  and Sony never ever change it.

I guess fanatec have known it.
    Why didn't fanatec announce the news that CSW base v2 wouldn't be compatible with ps4 earlier?

I guess it's because fanatec've got many orders and have to sell them for a long period of time .

During this period of time,
    Fanatec's customer still wait fanatec's products can compatible with ps4.
    Sony wait fanatec make brand-new products which can compatible with ps4.

Finally Sony lose patient,became this situations that fanatec can't support ps4's racing game anymore.

"So,I want to say CSW BASE V2 was born in the wrong time."
    Am I right ?

It has been 2 years since the csw base v2 announced the news.
    During this period of time, you haven't done anything to make your products fully compatible with ps4.

Why is logitech's progress faster than you?

I have my own career too,I know money is the most important thing.
    Sometimes cheating(lies) is also very important.
    So,I'm very understanding fanatec's position and of course know fanatec have nothing to say.

"I won't blame the v2 that isn't compatible with ps4."

But,It has been 2 years. Gt sport is coming soon.
    Until now,still announced xbox one's products.
    What's wrong with you,fanatec?

Sorry.my english is not very well.
  • Sorry Remco not saying it is Fanatec's Fault but Sony are saying  Fanatec should not have clearly put PS4 compatible on there website( nowhere on the site did it say it was up to developers if cs gear was supported), I spent my hard earned money on fanatec gear because my logitech g27 was no longer compatible I chose Fanatec over thrustmaster because of quality I cannot afford to spend more money as I have a very  limited income as I am retired,and it is actually cheaper to build a gaming PC. 

• I guess I can answer many questions about compatible with ps4.

Someone told us not to blame fanatec,because Sony changed the rules.
    I want to ask what's rules be changed?

Before driveclub release,someone say "any wheel which can compatible with ps3 also can compatible with ps4"

After driveclub release,I understand it's impossible.

Then FANATEC CSW base V2 was born.

I believe many people and I both think it will compatible with ps4 soon.

So,We wait..................

When the logitech g29 and g920 announced their news last year,
     I knew sony never used the same wheelbase with xbox one on ps4.
    Because ps4's market is much bigger than that of xbox.
    Sony must wants fanatec make brand-new products which only compatible with ps4.
    Of course it will also compatible with pc.
    because it will need drive and firmware update.
    I believe that is the rules Sony set up  and Sony never ever change it.

I guess fanatec have known it.
    Why didn't fanatec announce the news that CSW base v2 wouldn't be compatible with ps4 earlier?

I guess it's because fanatec've got many orders and have to sell them for a long period of time .

During this period of time,
    Fanatec's customer still wait fanatec's products can compatible with ps4.
    Sony wait fanatec make brand-new products which can compatible with ps4.

Finally Sony lose patient,became this situations that fanatec can't support ps4's racing game anymore.

"So,I want to say CSW BASE V2 was born in the wrong time."
    Am I right ?

It has been 2 years since the csw base v2 announced the news.
    During this period of time, you haven't done anything to make your products fully compatible with ps4.

Why is logitech's progress faster than you?

I have my own career too,I know money is the most important thing.
    Sometimes cheating(lies) is also very important.
    So,I'm very understanding fanatec's position and of course know fanatec have nothing to say.

"I won't blame the v2 that isn't compatible with ps4."

But,It has been 2 years. Gt sport is coming soon.
    Until now,still announced xbox one's products.
    What's wrong with you,fanatec?

Sorry.my english is not very well.
    You are mistaken on Sonys rules. Originally Sony said compatibility was up to each individual game developer. Now Sony is telling developers what wheels are compatible. Sony has informed Fanatec that they now need a licensing agreement to be compatible. This is entirely new. So yes Sony changed the rules with no notice given to Fanatec or their customers.
    "Right but let the fanboys tell it they never promised compatibility lol. Do not pass go something needs to be done legally."End Quote. Here we go.. The Name calling begins... Sooo immature... do you have your Baby rattle Shaking and Kicking your Heels against the Floor also???

Right anyone that disagrees with you is instantly immature. That's a mature thought process ( insert sarcasm here). It always seems to be the same pattern. Those that just go with whatever touting that we who are not satisfied are just immature or some other personal pot shot because how dare we use common sense to voice our frustration and dissatisfaction with garbage service. get a life dude.
  • edited August 2016
    "Right but let the fanboys tell it they never promised compatibility lol. Do not pass go something needs to be done legally."End Quote. Here we go.. The Name calling begins... Sooo immature... do you have your Baby rattle Shaking and Kicking your Heels against the Floor also???

Right anyone that disagrees with you is instantly immature. That's a mature thought process ( insert sarcasm here). It always seems to be the same pattern. Those that just go with whatever touting that we who are not satisfied are just immature or some other personal pot shot because how dare we use common sense to voice our frustration and dissatisfaction with garbage service. get a life dude.
    Im Not here to argue or disagree with any 1... I am affected by this also but its clear to Me that Sony Has a Pattern of doing things like this as i pointed out in My earlier post... Ex: How they Removed Full backwards compatability from the PS3 after already selling Millions of units that had Full Backwards compatabilty and then Just Took it away!!! Pooof updated your PS3 and it was just Gone... and it didnt even say Bye...LOL!!! thats just hiw Sony Doe's... But yet we still buy their Product.... Hmmm??? LOL!!! BTW the Fan boy Comment you made speaks for its self... Re read both our comments and figure it out...No Fan Boy Comments required if you dont want a Baby Shaking the Rattle Kicking Heels on the Floor response... The situation is Not Good but it is what it is and No amount of Fanatec Bashing will Change it... Its Not Fanatecs Fault... Bottom Line. Do you Really think Thomas/Fanatec would put future product sales in jeapardy by causing this situation???
  • Sorry Remco not saying it is Fanatec's Fault but Sony are saying  Fanatec should not have clearly put PS4 compatible on there website( nowhere on the site did it say it was up to developers if cs gear was supported), I spent my hard earned money on fanatec gear because my logitech g27 was no longer compatible I chose Fanatec over thrustmaster because of quality I cannot afford to spend more money as I have a very  limited income as I am retired,and it is actually cheaper to build a gaming PC. 
    As Chris answered above to a different posting, Sony required Fanatec to remove the PS4 compatibility from their products' webpages when they changed their compatibility rules and introduced their licensing scheme. Before that, it was Sony's explicit rule that hardware compatibility was a game developer thing, not Sony's and therefore Fanatec claiming PS4 compatibility was completely valid as the hardware was (and still is) compatible and game developers could easily add support to their games. The only thing that has changed is that Sony is telling game developers that they're not allowed to support 'old' Fanatec hardware anymore.
  • I bet Thrustmaster and Logitech lit that fire!!!

I think no one blames Fanatec because of Sony policy. We blame fanatec because they dont give us a clear solution for ps4 users. We need to know if they are going to give us some kind of refund or even a discount on the new base if we give back our csw v2
  •  Fanatec hardware is out of the question, so there is nothing that Fanatec can do.

they can replace the G27 mode for PS3  by a G29 mode for PS4 , and everything will be fine.