Fanatec Driver 429 (428/427beta before) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• It does work in ACC, yes. But i feels somehow "weaker". I used to have the BRF at 30%, now i need to push it up to 50% to get the same result/feel.

Ty for looking into it!

• Attila SoósAttila Soós Member
    edited November 2021

Hi

I installed 429, after I pushed to the Rumble tests (Break or Throttle), the Fana Controller freezing. Rumble test is failed, no rumble effect under the test, just Fana Control Center step out to the desktop.

CSL Elite V1.1, (687)

eSport F1 (22)

Pedal V3 (1.32) (USB connection)

Windows 11

FanaLab 1.57.4.0

Fana Driver and FanaLab installed C:

428 driver worked fine.

• edited November 2021

Yes this is a known issue of Driver 429.

As a workaround connect the pedals via RJ12 to the Base directly (which is the recommended connection type anyway). Make sure to disconnect the USB cable when doing so, NEVER connect both at the same time!

Or the other workaround would be to go back to driver 428 as you dont have hardware which benefits from 429 anyway.

• This was commented some drivers ago, honestly can't remember since what version, but still with 428, the rumble motors on my V2 are weaker than they used to be, I remember I'm not the only one reporting this...

• Nothing is working correctly since the update 429 all my equipment is in useable right now someone please help what is going on with this update? Very disappointed

• With so little Details nobody can help you.

What exactly is not working correctly...?

If you are disappointed then just go back to driver 428...

• Is this a beta firmware, it came up in firmware manager to update so assumed this was just the next release im very confused how I was pushed this update I don’t want to participate in a beta

forza Motorsport 7 no longer has steering working or ability to bind controls it’s keep diverting g to axis 1 like it’s stuck or something?

Forza horizon 5 keeps saying reconnect controller

ACC seems fine

• When the handbrake is connected to the pedal and

Is there any difference in function between connecting the handbrake to the pedals and connecting it to the DD2?

• Thank you very much.

If there is no difference, then select Connect to a pedal that is working properly.

I hope the handbrake calibration will be fixed soon.

• Updated from 428 to 429, all went well except; Once the update is done the firmware manager hangs with the hourglass symbol staying on and you have to kill the task in task manager then restart Fanatec Control panel and run CAL manually. It did this when upgrading to 428 as well. All previous firmware updates before 428 haven't done this.

Podium DD1

Podium Hub

Podium Button module

PBME

V3's

Other than that it all works as intended.

Cheers

• Forza Motorsport 7 using same settings as before the update has zero ffb or any feeling at all really it turns but it’s the same feeling as when the wheel is off, very strange, before this update everything was working flawless, any suggestions?

thanks for your time and help

• Hello,

i can confirm, when i instal 4.29 over 4.15 the Fanalab control panel hangs, stalls program not reacts.

i have a dd with boos

and

pedals clubsport v2 via usb.

repair driver no change, revert back to 4.15 stalling away.

• Sascha FrankeSascha Franke Member
    edited November 2021

sorry

• My base has been running fine and I just updated to the 429 Beta driver this afternoon. After updating successfully and all working normally, I ALSO tried to do the manual base firmware update by trying to install the PWBDD1_EBLDC_V41_TestExport2.hex file via the usual manual updater process. During that process my base has malfunctioned and now will not turn on. Pressing power button starts fan but base will not turn on and fan stops when I release the power button.

• unplugged power supply from base and replugged in - no change
    • uninstalled FANATEC driver package 429 in reinstalled. No change
    • uninstalled 429 and installed previous driver 415. No change
    • tried holding power button for 10 seconds to access "bootloader" mode. No luck. Fan spins for as long as I hold the button down and stops when I release it. Base does not start up at all.

My DD1 base is dead. It seems to me that if a risk of this serious negative result exists, that manual/base firmware update option should not be available or more clearly explained for users.

Will start the process of contacting tech support...wish me luck!

Have I done the unthinkable and damaged my base irreparably? Is there anything else I can try?

• You wrote you tried to do a manual BASE firmware update with the V41 TestExport Firmware... Hope you didnt really tried that. The v41 is a motor firmware, not a base firmware.

If you really tried to update the base firmware with a motor firmware then yes, you did the unthinkable and it's dead and you can only contact the tech support as there is nothing you can do which you didnt already tried.

• Thank you for that "clarification." Yikes...how has the base been damaged?

That seems like a very easy error to make. The manual updating process I accessed to update the base fiirmware did not differentiate or stipulate the need to navigate to the base vs motor firmware. Can this be made clearer in the future? -- assuming I can get my base working again someday?

• Rob van EssenRob van Essen Member
    edited November 2021

MotorFW_V41_Testexport

Is there any use for deleting the motor calibration like there was with releases before?

Cause I implemented it and did the motor calibration as well and have to say: best FFB experiance with F1 2021 so far....!!!

Just wondering if deleting the motor calibration will improve the FFB experiance like it did before....

F1 2021 is the only racing game i play... 😄

• edited November 2021

That motor Firmware is there to make exactly this step to erase the motor calibration redundant.

You can always delete the calibration and doing another calibration at any time afterwards for direct comparison to test yourself if erasing is still better for you or not :)

• Sander DignumSander Dignum Member
    edited November 2021

--delete--

• Here are the logs.

I reinstalled the beta after switching back to the release version. It seemed to work, but after switching my sport pedals 3 from usb to the port on the wheel base, the UI disappeared again. Cant remember exactly at what moment. Then I tried opening the Fanatec Control Panel again, but it wouldn't start, displaying nothing.

After a Windows restart, the F Control Panel would open again.

I also have the problem that my throttle will only reach about 70% when using the auto calibration mode. So I have to use manual calibration mode. If I calibrated the throttle and my clutch and switch back and forth between auto calibration and manual, it looses the calibration and the throttle will have a max of 70% again. This problem is in the release version as well.

• My recommendation is to run your wheel without Fanalab.

Just use the basic Fanatec Control Panel and you should be fine.

• First this is beta driver tab not fanalab.

Second why on earth you think you're giving such a good advise as telling people not to use fanalab? A software made to manage profiles for our bases and to create the ability to set it up exactly how we want?

Not starting a fight, but really, why people don't stick to their knowledge and stop misleading other's?

• Hi everyone!!. I think you should make it possible to install the v40 engine with the new v429 driver. Since if you do it now, Fanalab does not detect the base and therefore you do not have the tunnig menu. Besides that the podium button changes the display menu and it looks horrendous. And if you downgrade everything has to be with v402. So you get to have everything ok in Fanalab. But you lose the compatibility with PS5 and not have the renewed image in the new controller that seems very practical to me !!. In this way we could have both configurations. It is just an advice. Thanks a lot. Greetings!!!

• Marc RegitzMarc Regitz Member
    edited November 2021

After installing the 429 driver (DD1) comming from 423 my V3i are not showing at the Control Panel anymore. Strangely enough there is now the Fanatec H shifter which i don't own!

The pedals are displayed in the Fanalab software and I can also adjust them there (Brakeforce) and the pedals also work ingame.

After unplugging them from the base and connect the pedals through USB the padels are shown at the Control Panel again.

Reverting back to 423 doesn't change anything. But still the shifter is there.

Any ideas how to get them back at the control Panel?

• Fanalab is not the holy grail.

I also don't use it.

Cause I don't need it.

And I don't like it as a program(at least the last time I tried it a couple of years ago)

So I prefer to avoid complexity.

And having my wheel base communicate directly with my pc without any kind of software between them.

By visiting the forums I also made the observation that many people reporting isuues are using fanalab. But I cannot prove that or support my claim with data. After all, most people are using fanalab.

So I thing the 'don't use fanalab' is not an absurd advice.

• Updated from 428 to 429 and my throttle and clutch axes got switched in ACC. Any idea why??

• Make sure to to set the Pedal Tab toggle to "show" in the settings Tab of the driver.

Once you had Pedals connected via USB this toggle automatically Sets itself to "hide" to not show 2 pedal Tabs. But the other way around it can not set it back to "show" when you dont use USB Pedals anymore but again connected to the base.

This discussion has been closed.