Fanatec Driver 434 (Release Candidate) (previously 432beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• I can confirm what Ryan Eberly wrote. My CSL DD also could never really switch to compatibility mode until your advice Marcel.

I think the first time I tried to run it in compatibility mode I either:

a. changed the modes too quickly and the new devices (green and then yellow mode) recognized by Windows did not install fully

b. I did something wrong after seeing the prompt 'Please restart the wheel base'

and I never saw it being attempted to get recognized neither by Fanatec control panel nor by Windows game controllers applet ever again. The only place it was visible was Windows 'Bluetooth and other devices'. It was listed as 'FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5' there but positions in this menu are unclickable, it's just a list.

I plugged the wheel to another USB as Marcel suggested and all the detection, prompt, restart sequence follow again. I followed slowly and after restart the wheel is detected in compatibility mode now.

Reading multiple posts while trying to understand why my revleds don't work I came to conclusion we do not need compatibility mode if we want to use Fanalab. PC mode + Fanalab offers the most and compat mode is only useful in older games not supporting new wheels and/or their leds or if we want to use game built-in revleds control, am I correct?. Are there any games that really require compatibility mode to recognize the steering wheel itself (not support the leds but see the base)?

• Hello! I have been upgrading regularly and impressed with the continual improvement in FFB feel for the DD2. I have an issue that persists through all the drivers since before 400 that I have not been able to solve. I use the DD2 with a Porsche Endurance wheel and button module for iRacing and everything works very well, no problems. However, I have yet to be able to use the wheel and DD2 in Assetto Corsa Competizione, Assetto Corsa, or Euro Truck Simulator 2 without an obvious bottleneck in some process that tends to either lock up the game/computer or slows inputs to a crawl. In all those games, if I turn off FFB, everything works flawlessly, even on maximum graphics. If I plug in my older Logitech wheel, with FFB, everything works flawlessly (again even with max graphics). However, once I use the DD2 with FFB, there seems to be a cascading effect that slows processing to a crawl. The lower I have the FFB set in the game, the longer I can play before it happens and vice versa. I have tried everything I can think of, and/or find on the forums, to fix it, my computer is more than capable of running these games and does with the Logitech wheel.

So, long story short, if the level of FFB as set in the game directly affects the processing capability of the game/computer (pretty much in a linear fashion), where should I look next for a solution? I've tried drivers, updating everything, moving USB cables to new inputs, unplugging everything but the essentials, reinstalling over and over, etc. After months and months of experiments, it comes down to whether or not I have FFB on in all those games and how it interacts with the DD2 base.

I am very much open to suggestions, thank you!!!

• Hello

I want to update my "CSL E Base PS4: 688 (NEW)" but i can`t install the fanatec driver on Windows 10 or Windows 11 (as Admin).

These are the Message on Win 10 and Win 11

Can anyone help me with this Problem?

• Last Week I went to update to Driver 429, which installed with zero issues. Then porceeded to do the auto upate on the firmware for the base and wheel. At 74% my wheel shut off and i believe it Bricked either my Wheel or the DD1. I retired Boot loading and reinstalling drivers back to back with zero success. Then i was told to retry everything with the 432 beta drivers which i followed the intstructions down to a T. My computer installs the drivers and does the bootloader, after everything is done i can select anything in the UI and recieve the same warning about USB COM I warning.

I wish i could give you the information about what Fw the Base, motor and wheel has but i wont let me access the Firmware updater.

I submitted a support ticket to Fanatec support, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me out.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD1
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Club Sport Formula v2
    • Driver Version: 432 Beta
    • Base FW Version: ....
    • Motor FW Version: ....
    • Wheel FW Version: ....
    • FanaLab Version: 1.60.6
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: both are installed on C drive

• My drivers are installed on C:/

Sadly it didn`t work but I was able to update the wheelbase when I did it manually so it seems like it`s the DD1 wheelbase motor who won´t update. Any clues?

• With regards to the auto setup feature.......

Is their a current list of games that are supported?

How 'auto' is it?

Do I need the base in PC mode or comp mode or does auto take care of that?

What does it load when a game is supported?

• Shot in the dark.........................

Would the update process still work if your pc was in safe mode?

• Hello,

When I try to manually calibrate the V3 pedals I cannot see the Max/Min buttons. They end below the screen limit. I tried lowering the task bar but still cant see them. For the Elite pedals it shows up correctly and within the screen. How can I resize the window or scroll down? Doesn’t seem to be an option with this program.

• edited December 2021

No Game currently supports this feature.

When a game uses this feature in the future then they will push settings to the Tuning Menu they think is good / they intend the user to feel the game.

• You need to disable Windows Scaling / set it to 100 or max 125%.

• Hello everyone,

@Marcel Pfister and @Maurice Böschen

I have a DD1 and mostly ride the ClubSport Wheel Formula Carbon.

I still have the 381_RC driver installed with PDD base: V680 and DD1/DD2 motor: V40.

My question: Is it possible to install the PWBDD_MotorFW_V41_TestExport over the V40 without changing to driver 429 and DD1 / DD2-Basis: 689?

mfg

Heinz G.

• edited December 2021

No.

It's only compatible with newest Base Firmware.

• Thanks for the quick reply.

So install FANATEC DRIVER 429 from https://fanatec.com/eu-de/driver.

Then update base and motor and finally install PWBDD_MotorFW_V41_TestExport over it again ?!

Or do I save PWBDD_MotorFW_V41_TestExport if I install the RC driver?

mfg

Heinz G.

• edited December 2021

Easier would be to just use driver 432 and doing the automatic update process as everything is included there already.

• Thanks again,

have one more question. Does the update start automatically as soon as the driver is installed and the base is switched on or can I do this manually?

zB at 429 and or 432

• You need to open the Firmware Manager manually, click on update and then everything is happening automatically

• Many thanks for your help.

mfg

Heinz G.

• @Maurice Böschen

Now I have one more question, please.

Should I leave the carbon wheel on the base during the firmware update or remove it?

mfg

Heinz G.

• Everything worked out wonderfully, thank you again.

mfg

Heinz G.

• . Driver Version: Pc Driver 432

----------------------------------------------------------------

. Wheel Base Model: 

. CSL DD Boost Kit 180

. Steering Wheel Model:

. ClubSport BMW M3 GT2

. ClubSport Formula V2.5X

. FIRMWARES:

. Base FW Version: 1.1.2.6

. Motor FW Version: 1.0.2.2

. Wheel FW Version: BMW M3 GT2 / Formula V2.5X - V43

. Vireless QR: 6.0.0.1

. PROGRAM:

. FanaLab Version: V1.60.6

😉😉😉😉😉

• This update is working well, I can really feel the difference and improvements great work!! looking forward to further updates. cheers.

• Has anyone else experienced what feels like extremely high damping in ACC that only goes away when returning to pits? It's very intermittent which has made it difficult to troubleshoot.

• You have damper slider now in controls menu next to dynamic damping.

• I'm describing a bug not a new feature lol. I'm well aware of the new setting and it's unrelated to what's set in the menu because mine is at 0%.

• Returned to 429 with the motor test fw. FFB in this version just wasnt "stable" in f1, bit stange - always after a short break (tab out of the game) ffb was different and the wheel felt very notchy around the center position... was undriveable. Restarting the wheel helped, but thats not really a solution. Any ideas? with 429 and the testfw the issues are gone

Using a Podium DD1 (PS4) @ PC with F1 2021.

• Strange because the testfw41 is the same as the new 42 included in 432...

• Timo BTimo B Member
    edited December 2021

Could be the same, then it might be the driver itsself - i'm not really able to address the issue to the motor fw... Just returned to a state which worked for me and it does again. I also noticed with 432 that the wheel kept pushing while pausing the game (f1 2021). Doesnt happen with 429 - ffb stops as soon as the game is paused. But my biggest concern is the unprecise centering position.

This discussion has been closed.