Fanatec Driver 434 (Release Candidate) (previously 432beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Just chiming in that I too have noticed a steep decline in FFB power with the latest 434 driver I installed. My DD2 at ~50% FFB now feels closer to what 25 or less used to feel. Just very muted and light. Some effects like impacts or jump landings can spike, but mostly I immediately noticed the change after installation(was on 429 I think before, though I briefly had 433 before this post but did no testing as I saw 434 release).

Also can confirm that the wheel now rotates on pause in a direction to full lock. It cannot be stopped and will snap back upon unpause. Almost had my hand caught as it snapped back when I hit resume. Seems to do it in multiple games as I tried Forza 7, Grid 2019, ACC, AMS2...

Definitely gonna roll back, I would be weary if this is released as-is. Something seems off.

• EDIT: Out of curiosity, before I rolled back drivers based on what I wrote above, I deleted 434 and did a reinstall of the same package just to check. Also manually updated per the first post.

Noticed that after doing so, things may have corrected. The rotation issue on pause now seems gone and FFB, though still a bit weaker than I sort of recall, is not as flat as it was during my playtime at time of writing the below. I didn't do anything different during this installation as before, so I am unsure what made the difference. I will report back if anything else seems off.

• George MurphyGeorge Murphy Member
    edited December 2021

Hi. I have the handbrake plugged into my DD1 and it works in SIM. However it doesn't appear anywhere in the driver. Is this correct behaviour?

• I really only play AMS2 now, the jolts never went away on the fanatec logo screen, just reduced in frequency. There does not seem to be any pattern, seems very random, can happen when driving in a straight line or going over a kerb. I have noticed that dropping FEI down from 100 to 70 has reduced the harshness of them.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

So you say with the new firmware NFR and NIN cause weird FFB behavior?

Please let us know the error code of the green screen.

You can also enable a more detailed error log for those kind of crashes.

I've noted anyway so that we add this function also to when the shifter is in H-pattern to not cause any confusion like you had.

To everyone reporting the FFB getting bad.

Please try different settings when the issue is happening to see if the issue goes away

• DPR OFF/100
    • SPR OFF/100
    • NDP OFF/100
    • NFR OFF/100
    • NIN OFF/100
    • INT OFF/20
    • FEI 0/100
    • FFS LIN/PEAK

Thanks for the additional information, some trial and error about which setting might influence/cause the issue would be of great help.

Is the pedal page hidden? there is a toggle on the settings page

does that mean you did go to the older driver but keeping firmware 690 and the issue was solved only by having a different driver?

• I'd like to add my DD1 seems to be operating very well after this latest update.

No odd feelings using any of the FFB settings.

I exclusively drive iRacing though.

I wonder if some are driving with LIN not realizing it and therefore feeling less FFB than prior.

Also perhaps keep in mind, do not run DPR or SPR unless the game uses these features.

• So what I actually did was first reinstall 431, which was the last package I was using and still was downloaded from before). Everything felt good to me from even that release, so I tried that instead of rolling back to 429. Upon doing so, I did manually flash the wheelbase 690 with that software package(even though it also had 690, but wasn’t sure if 434 had a diff version of it).

Immediately had an issue where suddenly I had no FFB at all! Wheel worked fine but no games had any FFB, nor did the FFB test in software do anything. Just silence from wheel and no forces at all. I got worried, so I uninstalled again, rebooted, reinstalled v434, and everything was corrected. Including the pause rotation issue.

Some sims feel fine, like ACC after all this. Just using base “Auto” setting at 35 FFB on DD2 feels generally as heavy as it should. Then trying others like Forza 4(not trying 5 due to crash bug) and Grid 2019, and the wheel does still feel too light. If I bulk up the wheel to 60% on a custom profile, keeping all else intact from auto preset, it can get heavier, but still manageable whereas I never ran that high before as it was far too harsh.

So still feeling something got dampened in this release. Afraid to roll back now to 429 to do further tests, as I am not sure what steps to go through to avoid the FFB being gone as when I went back to 431. Do I manually flash everything in the list if I try? I always delete packages and reboot in between installs to be safe, and am not running Fanalab at all, just base driver package only.

Hope this helps. The muted FFB is disappointing, but doesn’t seem to impact every sim, so no idea what is happening.

• Thanks Marcel. Found it. Just a suggestion that handbrake is removed from pedal tab for those of us that have non Fanatec pedals?

• Hello,

I would also like to help with a few attempts, unfortunately that will not be possible before and at Christmas.

What I would like to know is whether the base recognizes which motor is installed and accordingly selects the correct motor FW.

I have one of the first DD1s, but the more powerful motor from the DD2 was built into it. Could it be a cause if the DD1 base does not know that a DD2 motor is installed here, or offers the wrong FW?

• I just installed driver 434, all the new firmware for DD1/Clubsport V2, and new Fanalab 1.61.3. I am please to report everything went smoothly on the first try. The FFB also feels improved. Thanks!

• Hi,

I've this problem when I want to install Fanatec Driver.

I use an iMac 24" M1with Parallels and Windows 11 but there is always the same error.

I tried an other method to install Fanatec Driver with Crossover on my iMac and it's the same result with the64bits version, but I can install the 32bits version....I don't know why.

If you have any solution for me please.

my idea is to automatically show the pedal tab when you try to test the handbrake, I don't think another extra handbrake page makes sense because we can't detect it properly. only if an input is made, same for non load cell pedals, which is why there is the hide button.

The updater will only accept the right firmware. if you bought a DD1 then you have to flash the one of the DD1. Even though the motor is the same as the DD2, the electronics which drive it are not.

• edited December 2021

Ok, I can now confirm that 434 is giving me dampened FFB in F1 2021. Even at 100% on a DD2(!), it feels super light and near dead. Only when I crash into a wall will it suddenly spike, but I barely feel kerbs or any road surface. Same with ASM2. I created two custom test profiles as instructed, one with everything off as instructed(minus FFB), the other with typical "Auto settings" but with FFB higher than 35. In either case, both were weak.

Definitely think I will be reverting to release 429 now, at least for more testing. Do I need to manually flash everything when I downgrade? Really afraid of bricking anything in this process.

• Hello Marcel and Maurice! I just wanted to ask you if there is a known issue about the fanatec handbrake? I updated the wheelbase (csl elite ps4) yesterday to 434 and 688 firmware and today the handbrake is not working at all on wrc 10 and in general. Maybe my handbrake has a problem but is there a known issue for it? Thanks for your time!

• edited December 2021

I received my GT DD Pro on 12/16 and installed the firmware 429. Since the CSL Pedals were not showing up in Fanalab, I decided to check to see if there was another PC Driver/Firmware. And there was 434 available. Downloaded and installed the PC Driver. Was able to update the Mclaren rim and the GT DD Pro motor. But the wheelbase it self continues to fail. I get the "Failed to detect Fanatec Wheel Base ..." during the initial firmware process, it powers off the Wheel base.

I've tried several times in switching ports on the PC and unplugging the pedals. Nothing seems to work to update the base itself to 1.1.32 from 1.1.1.4. At least the wheel base still continues to function as expected but I can't say I'm not concerned.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with the GT DD Pro or the CSL DD?

I've attached the LOG file to help with Diags.

• Crashed hard enough in Dirt Rally 2.0 to cause terminal damage. The wheel pegged itself to the right, was almost impossible to move it after this happened. Exit the game, no change. Had to power cycle the DD2 to be able to move the wheel again.

• Didn't have time to test lately but just wanted to let you know that I'm running at ndp+nfr+nin setup as well (f1 ffb issues)

• Tested the latest version yesterday and everything went pretty smooth, no issues during installation and no issues with FFB getting worse after installation.

Started doing a race yesterday with V429 installed + motor firmware 42 and after finishing the race i uninstalled the old driver, installed the latest 434 driver, updated all firmwares, updated Fanalab (only thing i noticed that the update button in Fanalab was saying i had the latest version... but that wasn't the case) didn't change any settings and took of for another race in iRacing.

I didn't notice any difference in FFB between V429 and V434 and didn't have any loss or strange FFB after 2,5 hours of racing so for what it's worth... i didn't have any issues.

• Wow, ty, just updated and did another test... for me the strange ffb feeling is all about the NFR. Not the pulling in the pause menu, but especially the strange feeling in the centering position going full throttle on a straight with a little weaving in F1. Was running NDP/NFR/NIN at 20/30/2. Turned NDP/NFR/NIN to 20/0/2 and its gone. The funny thing was with NFR at 30: if i restart the base during the game, it seems like the NFR is not applied (or at least not correctly) because the strange feeling is gone. Would be awesome to get things sorted, but i think NFR at 0 will stop me downgrading :-) @Marcel Pfister

• Still not able to manually calibrate handbrake with this version, connected directly to base DD2

This discussion has been closed.