Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• edited March 2023

MPS Pulse has NOTHING to do with FFB and it also does not work in GT7.

So that for sure did not changed anything. Or it's Placebo.

And btw, your DD2 is not playstation compatible...

• Awal YusufAwal Yusuf Member
    edited March 2023

Did you try it yet? I know the FFb of the game is bad compared to other titles but most people had a problem with it shaking on a straight and changing it to pulse, stopped it for me. I can even increase torque so I feel the road at least. And yeah drivehub makes it work on the ps5 for me, I know it’s not your product or something you will like to promote. Sorry.

• Hello there !

With the PSVR2 update it's time to go back to GT7 and I remembered that I wasn't really satisfied with my DD Pro settings in GT7. Using a "Force Feedback Max. Torque" at 1 for road cars and 3 for race cars to avoid the "just a spring effect towards middle" feeling since 1.15.

A lot of people were arguing about the curb feeling that was missing on fanatec wheels (vs logitech and thrustmaster) but it's not a problem as I have 2 buttkickers that can capture those feelings very well.

1) My First question for Maurice is : From where did you get this "Force Feedback Sensitivity" definition ?

From the GT7 manual it says

"Adjust the resistance of the steering wheel when you start to turn it. This resistance is an example of force feedback, which communicates information about the road surface to the driver through their tires. The greater this value, the more responsive to changes the steering wheel will become. The lower this value, the more gentle steering becomes when driving in a straight line."

I've never understood the GT definition, I understand yours pretty well but from where it comes ? Because it seems that those 2 definitions are really different ! :)

2) My second question for Maurice : What do you think about the Controller Steering Sensitivity option in GT7 ?

I was pretty sure for years that this parameter did nothing but I saw this video from a really good simracer and now I'm having doubts.

For him it really changes the forcefeedback you can get from your wheel ?

Thank you for your answers ;)

• I haven't checked in on this forum since I looked for FFB settings when it came out. I had noticed that the wheel only registered curbs at all if I wasn't turning the steering wheel passed a certain point, maybe about 30 degrees?. It felt like the wheel was maxing an oversteer setting I couldn't see and was overriding the FFB signal.

I dropped the damper% and spring% all the way down to see if the FFB pulling to center was overpowering the rest of the signal and after I got the crap kicked out of me I set them both at 50% and I could feel a bit more detail on the straights and corners.

I knew the Logitech g923 used the controller vibration settings to adjust Truforce. So I figured the controller settings may have some effect on the DD Pro as well. I changed the steering sensitivity like the person in this video and I can feel detail while cornering.

GT7 force feedback still leaves a lot to be desired and clearly has less detail than most even non simulation racers, but I never felt like I was losing the entire FFB feel in corners like many in this forum are talking about.

• edited March 2023

SPR and DPR are both not used by the game during driving.

That you feel basically nothing in corners when turning the wheel too far is a well known game FFB issue which the game developer is aware of but it's uncertain if they want to fix this now 1 year old issue.

And the change in the above video does NOT fix this issue, FFB is still dead when you turn into a corner.

It's THE reason why I completely stopped playing this game.

• Saying its the “PD issues” and “not Fanatec issues” is not how communication works… Of course I don’t know for a fact if that really what’s going on behind the scene but assuming that what you are claiming is correct, then there is a serious issue in their communications.

When Fanatec advertised the wheel as “the official wheel of GT7” Fanatec has become PD official partner. Both company must be held responsible for the quality of the product.

It is not just a PD issue or just a Fanatec issue. Its BOTH Fanatec and PD issue. BOTH of them needs to work together to sort it out.

• As it's a general issue affecting every wheel (so also Logitech G Pro and Thrustmaster T-GT2) it's ONLY PD who needs to work on this game issue, not Fanatec or the wheel manufacturers in general. Wheel manufacturers can help to show what's wrong and at least for Fanatec I know they did.

It's now fully and exclusively up to PD to fix their game issue or not.

And btw, the GT DD PRO is not "the official wheel of GT7". It's "an official Gran Turismo wheel", same like the T-GT2. There is no official exclusive GT7 wheel.

• So, the disconnect issue and lose of FFB are on PD and not the latest driver?

• edited March 2023

No, never said that.

That's a hardware issue.

• You said "And btw, the GT DD PRO is not "the official wheel of GT7". It's "an official Gran Turismo wheel", same like the T-GT2. There is no official exclusive GT7 wheel."

But the Fanatec website says:

"Introducing the official Direct Drive Wheel for Gran Turismo®"

• edited March 2023

Yep, official wheel for Gran Turismo in general, not for GT7... ;)

• Thanks for the correction but makes zero differences to what I’ve said earlier. Please feel free to correct any of my misspelling and grammatical errors too while you’re at it.

You know a car like Pagani Zonda has an engine built by Mercedes AMG right? Imagine if the car wouldn’t start and Pagani told you that’s its an engine problem we can’t fix it, take it to AMG…

Absolutely unprofessional attitude.

• Hi @Fanatec

it appears the latest GT7 update has made a big change to wheel behaviour including the DD Pro - about time we had some new optimised baseline settings or are those form last year still correct despite all the changes?

• I have the same impression. FFB seems to be significantly stronger. I can't say in more detail yet. Only did a lap or two to test it out. by the way... Something about the ABS and traction control has also been changed. 120 FPS now also available. But that looks terrible. Really frighteningly terrible. Either something isn't really optimized yet, but the whole graphic at 120 FPS seems completely buggy.

• I doubt they change anything wheel related, it's just tyre grip and suspension change.

I have a feeling that RH tyres have less grip (I only try Toyota 86 gr4 which I mostly drives with friends in online lobbies) and wheel have much less direct feel, almost like car floats, it needs more time to bite the corner and now is much easier to spin the tires when accelerating from corners.

It is definitely different than before update

• Apparently, the wheel FFB has been updated... Interesting to get on tonight and see how it plays.

• Maurice, I m no expert but after a few laps on spa with gr3 and a dd pro 8 nm I can say for sure this update brings changes .

Overall force is lower, and when loosing grip reaction is really different.

I m sure this is not in my head and it deserves a deeper look.

After 2 laps and my small experience I won't give any judgement but changes are real

• Seems like I quote a page from last year , sorry about that :), maybe I was too excited about the update

So my previous post doesn't make sense.

But anyway I will read differents feedbacks in the next day here . And maybe new recommended settings

• Biggest change you can make is to not use the recommended settings. I started from scratch and even before the latest game update managed to get much more feel and directness from the wheel. Give mine a try, I'm using the boost kit.

SEN AUTO

FFB 100

PEAK

NDP OFF

NFR 10

NIN OFF

INT OFF

FEI 100

FOR 110

SPR OFF

DPR OFF

In game still using 5 & 1.

• Need to correct myself, it's definitely depends from car to car. As much my beloved Toyota gone bad, some other car are completely different. Need to do more testing

• Try the Tomahawk X VGT - it basically has no FFB at all anymore. :D

• WTFWTF Member
    edited March 2023

New update 1.31 is out. 

Driving physics and FFB were adjusted. The steering wheel has come back to life! 

More details and better handling. 

It moves towards ACC. 

• edited March 2023

"It moves towards ACC."

Definitely not. It still feels lifeless in high speed corners where you feel basically nothing.

There is a physics improvement, yes, but I can not say this about the FFB.

It's still far away from ACC FFB.

• This for me feels great, my old settings where terrible with this update.

• I tried but NDP at 0 is not possible for me, 911 gr3 is oscillating like crazy.

In the end I will stick with ndp 50 , nfr 20 and int 6, almost like the old one.

Biggest change for me in the update after playing a bit more is the way you feel lost of grip and the sct at 1 not being as gentle as before.

It requires to be softer now, I like it.

• Stephen JayStephen Jay Member
    edited March 2023

I forgot to mention that my settings above are for the GT DD Pro wheelbase only.