Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• Yep, I've totally misread the entire thing. I thought sensitivity referenced how the road/surface translates back to the wheel. Its simply the resistance of the turn.

How do you find the right balance for road effects to come through. Not understeer, not how heavy the wheel is to turn (power steering vs no power steering effect), but simply, how the imperfections of the surface (curbs, bumps, grass) is felt in the hands?

• Hugo VranicHugo Vranic Member
    edited March 2022

Pick a car with horrible oversteer where you don't have to push the throttle to make it oversteer, like an American muscle car, old Porsche 911 or something. Sway from left to right and try to find the limit of grip by just using FFB. What's easiest, ffb sens 1 or 10? Which setting do you crash less with and get surprised by oversteer less?

10 compresses the dynamic range so that the wheel becomes heavy quickly when you turn and then stays equally heavy. While 1 makes the wheel become heavy gradually as the g-forces increase, making it easier to intuitively "feel the weight of the car".

If you got a very weak wheel or very weak settings you might want to increase sens so that it's not too loose when start turning. I still prefer 1 though.

Another method is to simply run laps and see what you're faster and more consistent with. Pick a difficult combination with lots of snap/lift-off oversteer.

And yes, really fast people with lots of muscle memory with a certain combination can be fast no matter what. But they'd likely still be more consistent with 1 than 10.

Edit: Sorry for the quotes. The website seems to be stuck on those and I can't remove them despite clearing all website data. A mod can remove them - I was only quoting Philip Higgins.

• Hugo, no need to sway on that cars, just think that you need to turn the wheel and car is already oversteering. No metter is it 1 or 10 🤣🤣🤣

Just joking, but I love this new GT7 physics.

• Hehe, so do I. :) Really hope they don't make it easier because a lot of people complain and whine (turn on the assists if it's too difficult).

Add me if you want: hugotwowheels

• edited March 2022

For everyone with a ps4 and dd pro. Go download the 1.06 update. This will solve the not working ffb :-) at least for me.

* update: spoke too soon.. very strange. FFB is working fine now in the trials for national b license but still not in normal racing.

• edited March 2022

There is just no strength. You can steer with one finger while in GTS (or the trials) i can’t take hands off the wheel..

ps; you on ps5 or on ps4 ?

• I'm on PS5. In "blue mode".

What you're describing has never happened to me, neither in GT Sport nor in GT7, and I play a lot. I use the latest firmware (beta) and Fanatec recommended settings, but with NDP Off and INT 6 (quicker and more rubbery feel).

The wheel is so strong and quick in responding that I might hurt myself if I don't grip it with both hands. It goes from loose to rock hard and spins lightning quick, according to the FFB signal from the game of course. It's a bit scary holding it with two fingers even on long straights - if the car hits a bump and snaps into a spin...

• The same!

• Can you feel "cobblestones" on the Nordschleife ?

• Can try later, but I can't remember having experienced anything that affects handling that I couldn't clearly feel in the wheel. And even if there was something like this, it surely isn't the wheel's fault, but the game's or your wheel setting's fault.

• Where is the update to the DD1 Podium users to have the wheelbase abled to configure in GT7 menu???

Come on Fanatec... we bought your high end product, and we need your high end product to be on the options for configuration in GT7.

This is a joke and unnaceptable!!!

• edited March 2022

You can configure the PS4 DD1 when chosing the CSL Elite Preset without any disadvantage - it is up to Polyphony Digital, the Game Developer, to add specific preset profiles and to support specific buttons, switches etc, this is not up to Fanatec.

Fanatec can only ask them to do so but in the end if PD does not want to add it then its their choice and there is nothing which could be done against it. Keep in mind that the PS4 DD1 is not an official Gran Turismo licensed product so PD does not really HAVE TO provide a preset for it.

So you should raise your voice towards the Game Developers in their forums and maybe if enough people raised their voice then they might see that there is demand to implement such things but to ask this here is not the right place.

• There is no excuse buddy, I know you are always helping here, but there is no excuse.

Gran Turismo and Sony are partners of Fanatec? isnt it?.... Fanatec should worry much more with your customers. It is a shame to have a such high end and priced product, out of the real wheel configuration.

And all the buttons??? are you understanding me??? this is much more on Fanatec that on Polyphony...

Why the Thrustmaster have all the TGT buttons and scrolls working on the game, since Gt Sport and now in GT7??? And for your GT Pro and DD Podium users the buttons doesnt work...

This is much more than Polyphony... You guys need to do something and make this work.... Fanatec is GT Partners... Do something...

Again... There is no excuses and Fanatec is not fighting for this as the really need... This is waht seems for all DD Podium users.

• I see it similarly to "Hugo". As an official partner, Fanatec has totally failed here! A flag ship product that is officially licensed for PS4/PS5 simply has to be included in such a prestigious title.

• Using podium DD1 on high torque mode with recommended settings.

Everything is fine apart from when the wheel is at centre point - it oscillates very aggressively, quite small oscillations but fast frequency and powerful. I’ve tried adding natural damper to 50, but problem still occurs. It is undeliverable like this.

• Are you on PS5 or PS4? I have a DD2 and gimx (same idea as drivehub) but last I knew they were still working out getting these devices working with PS5. I am trying to decide if I should grab a used ps4 pro or try to locate a PS5. The deciding factor will be if I can make my DD2 work with Gt7, if I can make it work with PS5 I would go with that.

• Is it possible to set the wheel display to only display gear. I find the gear far more useful than the speed. My rim tends to cover the gear onscreen. I'm tried setting it to constant in fanalab but that seems to have no effect on PS5.

• No. You cant control the Display on console, only on PC.

• Hey guys, its a slightly offtopic but a place to start for me.

I switched from a CSW 2.5 to a DD Pro 8nm and im currently really happy with the recommended settings mentioned here, but im kind of stuck with further tuning because the parameters in the tuning menu have changed compared to the CSW 2.5.

For example i constantly switch between a (very light) Mclaren GT3 v2 and an (very heavy) BMW v1 Rim. Which Setting should i look into tweaking when switching Wheels? Is NDP the equivalent to DRI on the CSW? How does INT work?

Maybe is there a detailed Guide what the Tuning Menu Settings actually do? Ive read the manual but its kinda basic.

Appreciate any help, thanks a lot!

• I wouldn't change INT (intrapolation) or NDP (dampening) when switching wheels.

Heavier/bigger wheels need more torque to give you the same sensation as smaller/lighter wheels. But if you're already on FF 100 with the smaller one, you can't increase it further when you switch to the big one (that's what DD1/2 is made for).

In GT7, I like NDP Off and INT 1. Watch your fingers with NDP Off though as the wheel can snap and accelerate very quickly. Either hold it firmly or let go off it entirely, even on straights.

• Alan BarkerAlan Barker Member
    edited March 2022

Hi Everyone.

I’m a long time GTS player and now GT7. Both played on the PS5. I’m a CSL Elite wheel base user.

I'm running the Fanatec recommended settings in game and on the wheel, and I have to say, it feels as dull as dishwater in terms of feedback and detail. GTS was poor, compared to Acc and iRacing, but GT7 is worse IMO. No information about the road surface. No vibration signifying wheel spin or loss of traction. Very little rumble over curbs etc

Im told (rumour) that this is because GT7 has been tuned for the GT DD wheel. Anyone know if that’s the case?

Are there any recommended settings to change to improve feedback for the CSL Elite? Or have we got to wait for PD to improve things?

Thanks

AL

• I can't compare to CSL Elite, but on my DD the FFB is vastly improved. On GTS, stuff could happen that I had to look or listen for, because the FFB simply wouldn't communicate it. So far, I haven't experienced a single detail in GT7 that affects handling that I haven't clearly felt in the wheel. I'm driving just as well without sound as with sound.

And I'm very competitive. I'm all about online daily/championship/league racing. And don't use any assists except ABS.

• Thanks a lot, i set max torque ingame to 4 for the mclaren and to 5 or 6 for the bmw rim, feels great!

• This is exactly where I am at. The CSL Elite feels really off and I can’t find any settings to correct it. In addition to no rumble on curbs and other expected basic FFB being missing, something about the communication of grip and/or the steering sensitivity make catching and holding slides almost impossible. This isn’t some “git good” situation, as I can grab the controller and whipping a car around while hanging the tail out is effortless and intuitive. With the CSL Elite, I cannot hold even the most basic beginner drift. What the wheel is telling me doesn’t seem to be matching up with the game. By the time I feel something in the wheel, the car is beyond controlling and has spun.

I really hope this can be fixed on the Fanatec side of things because I gave zero hope PD will ever fix this in the game.

• Ok, so I went back through all settings in normal and advanced mode and all the DRI settings we’re back to -5. I don’t really understand the difference before the S_ saved settings and the C_ custom settings. Aren’t all saved settings outside of Auto, a custom setting? Never the less, something reset all of the settings back to default. Now I will check them at the start of each session. Still no rumble on the curbs but re-setting DRI back to -2, instead of -5 was a big difference. Now to try some more fine tuning and waiting for a patch that lets us feel the curbs again.

• edited March 2022

When you switch back into Standard Tuning Menu and then back into Advanced Tuning Menu then the settings in Setup 1 gets intentionally reset to default, yes.