[RMA in progress] gt dd pro problem whit buzzing nobody answer me on my emails

Hi i have a problem my wheel make that buzzing vibrations i see that some people here have the same issues as me i do not now is that normal becouse nobody answer me on my emails.I see that people do rma becouse that issues and i like to buy boost kit but i have that buzzing vibrations you can feel it under the fingers and hear it if you put your ear near the wheel is not the problem to me till that feeling become stronger and feels like something grinding or scratching inside then you can feel it very well when you turn the wheel rim left or right.I send a email that i want that somebody navigate me through the rma process becouse i can t get answer just to somebody tell me if that issues can be solved whit software or firmware then i can order boost kit if my wheelbase or wheel rim is defective i like to now before buying boost kit sorry for my bad english please if somebody have advice or can help whit my problem i be grateful greetings Domagoj.

Comments

• You could try using the settings recommended here, just in case it might help:

Fanatec support can take 7 days to answer

• Thanks man for reply but in my case that vibrations when starts it become like that grinding or scratching feeling than i can feel it if i m in the game or just in ps5 menu. Felling become much less expressed when i turn off ps5 but you can feel it but barely today is 7 day from last email from support anyway thanks for trying to help me whit my issues greeting Domagoj.

• Ok, but anyway you could try changing the settings because some of those settings are not affected by the game, they are changing the basic behaviour of the wheel, and some of them are related to the force feedback like Natural friction or Natural damper ("natural" because it's this basic, not-related to the game behaviour). Even if it doesn't solve the problem it could help identify it, if anything changes in that vibration that you feel.

Hope Fanatec contacts you soon. For me, it took 5 days, counting a week-end in between, so it wasn't that long.

• I will try when i come home from work i hope that will solve my problem becouse when wheel works fine everything is perfect and i do not want send wheel back if i can solve problem at home one more time thank you Sergi i will post comment about results when i change that settings sorry for my english greeting Domagoj.

• I try play whit settings and nothing change then i play gt7 about 1h and buzzing stop i continue playing and after 30 min start again anyway thank you for trying to help me i hope that somebody from fanatec will cotact me and help me to solve my problem greetings Domagoj.

• Sorry it didn't help. They are really taking a long time to contact you, hope you don't have to wait much longer.

• I have the same problem like you and i contact fanatec support!

Fanatec Support answerded me in less then 2 days!they told me i have to send the GT DD PRO abd the 180 boost kit back to get a new one!

i did this last week!hope i get the new one fast !

Sorry for my bad english becouse i am from austria!

hope i can help you!

• Thanks for reply they contact me today and told me same Like you to send them GT dd pro to inspect now i wait for Rma procedure are you get email for Rma whit instructions how to send or you send them by yourself just asking becouse i never do Rma outside of my country i hope that you will get soon your wheel whitout that buzzing anyway thank you for your help greetings Domagoj.

• RMA will contact you with details for send the bundle back!

i hope you will get back your GT DD PRO soon without a problem!

• There are more comments about this issue here. For me the problem disappeared after the first month, maybe due to running in the wheel base, or by driver updates, I'm not sure which.

If I were you I would ensure the drivers are updated and maybe wait for a while to see if the problem goes away, unless sending the wheel base back is no problem.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/23688/csl-dd-feels-scratchy

• Thanks for reply i send dd pro today in my case first day i didn t notice that buzzing feeling but every other day i play that buzzing in one moment you can barely feel it in other become stronger and than is like something scratches inside when you turn wheel left or right.I wrote to fanatec that i can live with that if is everything normal and not defected they say to me that is not normal and i must send bundle for inspection.I realy do not want send base becouse like this is 10x times better than my g29 but they say rma is needed and i do like they say i just hope now that everything is gone be ok with shiping to them and back.I update drivers and firmware first day of use i play on pc and ps anyway thank you for advice and i m glad that your problem disappeared sorry for my english greetings Domagoj.

• Christian are you get the new bundle i will like to now how is the new one post the comment when you get it thanks greetings Domagoj.

• I got my bundle back from repair service and issues with buzzing and vibrations under fingers is still here that scratchy feeling you can feel from the start when you turn wheelbase on i was whitout wheel 1 month and issues is still here.I play only 10 days with wheel than send it back to them i do not want be without wheel anymore i will try live with that buzzing and hope that nothing get much worse from this.If things go worse than this i will send it back one more time and ask for money or new bundle without issues becouse this is not ok greetings Domagoj.

• Did you receive a new wheelbase or it’s the same one you had before?

This worries me as I have the same problem. They sent me two motor firmwares to test which changed the behavior slightly but the feeling is still there. It is wrong because it destroys the definition of the wheel and what you should feel in a driving sim. Now I’m waiting for them to send me a return label so they can exchange for a new base. Yesterday they said they will send the label and I still haven’t heard from them. I think you should send it back Domagoj, if you are not happy why you should settle with these problems.

• No they not give me a new base they repair base that i send to them but issues is still here i just want to race and if i send a base back once again i Will be waiting how much long and what if everything stay the same Like this time i have g29 before and GT dd pro Like this is 10 Times better but if they tell me that issues is not ok and it is a defect and they say that they now for that issues and issues is still Here now i think WTF is going on they Will send you label NeXT week i Will play NeXT few days to see if issues go on worse from this if it does i Will send it back once again man i wish that you will have more luck than me just post Here comment of status about your case greetings Domagoj.

• Sorry for my English.

• Don't worry about the English, this is all understood. This is a terrible situation. I am also coming from Logitech so this isa big jump in price ad also supposed to be performance. So for this much money I think it is not wrong to expect something that works 100% My concern is that they have supply problems and I think they don't have parts and replacement units to manage the repairs or sell new units. I just hope their tactic is not to stall the whole process receive the defective goods check to see if it can be fixed without parts and if not just send it back to the customer and hope they don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back again. I don't know what to think here but something is not right with this process.

• I think Like you but i Will be more respect from them answer like they say ok we have problema with suplies and we Will be notice you when we can solve your issues or we can give you your money back belive me i Will be waiting a New base not the money now fair from them Will be to contact me when they can solve my issues or give me a New bundle without any issues when they Will have suplies on stock i was realy happy to step in fanatec ecosystem i want to buy some other things Like boost kit metal qr New pedals but first solve this issues that i have now i m lost to buy something more from them or not Don t know what to think anymore greetings Domagoj.

• I agree with you on this. They should tell the customer the situation and just be honest and if they cannot repair now or replace then say so and offer money back then the customer can choose. Now a lot of people are thinking like you and just confused with this customer service because we have no real information.

• You should try to call them and tell them you still have a problem. I called them and they told me always call if it is a serious problem. Tell them that you still have the problem so they can send you and RMA immediately. I just called them now and they told me the RMA wasn’t executed yet but they will send it to me now. I think if you send this unit back they will send you a new unit.

• Domagoj, Can you check which motor firmware you have? I did some tests today and with motor firmware 1.0.2.2 and 1.0.1.3 the buzzing and vibrations are definitely extremely aggressive in these versions and feels like sandpaper when I move the wheel. They sent me two versions of 1.0.2.3 firmwares market 18KHZ and 20KHZ to test which reduced the vibrations dramatically but I still don't know if I am happy with the current state.

• Thanks man for advice i Will send it back when somebody from Fanatec contact me and tell me that they know how to solve this issues or they Will give me new base without issues becouse i send to them mail on day when bundle come from repair when i see that the issues is still Here i say to them that this is not ok and why i send everything to them and waiting 1 month from day i send it back to see that everything is the same Like before then i say to them if they cant repair my base their duty is to give me new one without any issues or ask me do i want my money back they say they test everything and becouse that i m confuse now i wait for answer to see what they gonna tell me for firmware this time i did not connect to PC just to ps i Will try but i can download firmware just what software gives me i hope you will solve your problems on positive way if my case go on positive way i Will be in fanatec ecosystem for life if go on negative way ok i l be waiting for other dd for Playstation from other company i dont know what other i can do greetings Domagoj.

• Yes to be honest the stuff should just work right the first time so even in my case trying different firmware and troubleshooting to take care of problems is not our duty. This is now a lot of trouble you have to go through to solve your problem but I believe they will fix the problem for you even if that takes more time than you would like. This company is trying to make good products with high quality and I believe they will eventually take care of their customers. You will still have a happy end but the problem is now you have to have a lot of patience. If they take too long to respond just call them because I think they will help you much more quickly.

Here is the number but you have to call between 2PM-4PM CET +49 871 922 1122

• I just want that somebody from Fanatec say to me ok we now do not have ability to give you a new base or solve problem on old one but when we will have enough suplies we will send to you a new one and i just want to say that i play ac yesterday on ps5 and i notice that scratchy and grainy feel become a much stronger than before when turn wheel right or left i can feel it very much and it s very bad when i play gt7 is much less expresed but it is always here before that feel will disappeared in one moment and come back in other now it is always here and you can feel it very well i realy do not know how they test my base if they cant feel that buzzing and scratchy and grainy feeling under fingers i will do RMA again but first i will wait for them to hear what they will say about my problem and all situation that i go through waiting is not a problem if you know that somebody take care about your issues and realy try to help you problem is when i waiting and nothing is change after waiting i hope that we both are gonna have happy end race without any distraction greetings Domagoj.

• You have seen this one? Few people with the same problem as us they got new wheel bases and they don't have the problem anymore. I just wrote an email to support to explain to them that the problem cannot be solved by repair or is probably difficult for them to detect.....they need to give you a new wheel base. I hope that someone from Fanatec is looking at these posts as here are my thoughts about this problem also after testing the wheel base for a few days with different firmwares:

TO FANATEC:

Kindly send the below feedback to your designers/product developers as I have seen the problem now many times in the Fanatec forums which manifests differently for others. The problem does not seem to be solved by repair or is difficult for you to test so I think you should immediately exchange units with this problem, then carry out further internal tests to see how this problem can be eliminated in manufacturing in the future. Defective products are your responsibility to solve and the customer should not have to suffer any longer than they have to by delays in your testing, exchange and repair procedures.

I would suggest to avoid delays to issue the replacement ASAP as I have now tested the base extensively myself with various motor firmwares. Seems that test firmwares 1.0.2.3 18KHZ and 20KHZ help a little but do not eliminate the problem completely so here is what I can report:

1. Firmware 1.0.1.3 Agressive vibrations with sandpaper feel when moving the wheel also without force and not connected to PS5 or PC seems to gradually get rougher over time and then subsides to lighter vibration after 10-15 minutes a high pitched whining/whooshing sound can be heard through the wheel and the wheel base

2. Firmware 1.0.2.2 Same as above

3. Test firmware 18KHz 1.0.2.3 Buzzy feeling starts immediately and gets a little worse but nowhere near as bad as the above two firmwares feeling stays at the same level more or less and comes and goes when moving the wheel or when it is not in use If I move the wheel from left to right lock against force the vibrations are more pronounced. The whining sound is barely audible with this firmware.

4. Test firmware 1.0.2.3 20KHZ more or less same as above I think might be slightly worse than 18KHz

• I read the comments from Zeljko but i think becouse he do a RMA before us in that time they have suplies of new wheelbases i think and in first wave they replace a defect bases and now i think they do not have suplies for replace other defective bases but then say it we will send you new product for month or two when we will be in ability this is not the a way to send me back the same defective wheelbase and now what to think about everything i just hope that after all they will take care for my case and give me a new wheelbase without issues greetings Domagoj.

• Yes I think the same as you about the supply problem and the fact that before they just exchanged wheelbases. Yesterday I asked on the phone will they repair or replace my wheelbase and they said they will replace. If that is true, I don’t see why they just cannot replace your one. I will let you know about my case when I hear more.

I also copied your post of your forum in my email and told them they must just send replacement for this problem because obviously repair is not a solution and they are sending the same problem back to their customers like you.

• I realy don t know why they didn t send new base to me i feel like a fool now why they send new bases to somebody and to others unrepair bases like my money is less worth it then others i have too much work on my job and cant think all day about this but i think and that tells me maybe is better to do rma for refund becouse this is too much pain in the ass i spend my money and was happy to race with dd but from first day i got it in my hands just problems and worries and i buy it to enjoy not to be sad and angry anyway thanks for trying to help me i will post if anything new i hear greetings Domagoj.

• I can feel your frustration but seriously let us see first if they really do send me actually a new base.

I was just on phone again with them earlier and they told me that it takes them between 2 and 3 weeks to solve repair and replacement requests as they have a lot of units in the workshop waiting. I also told them AGAIN that they need to send replacements immediately as soon as they receive a defective unit from the customer. I mean, it is their fault that the unit is defective so why should we have to pay with weeks of waiting while they try to fix their mistake???? They already have our money!!!

So many new customers are giving you a chance Fanatec but your actions speak louder than words when you do the wrong thing by not solving a customers problems quickly the first time. I really hope you are listening!

• They say to me il' be waiting about 3 weeks Like you and i wait about 3 weeks and ask them if my repair or replacement Will be finish soon and next day i Got UPS mail and after few days i Got mail from Fanatec that my repair is dobro and they repalce qr and Marin PCB and test everything when i Got bundle back how i turn the base on i feel that buzzing or vibrations after few minuta scratchy and grainy in turns before that buzzing Will starts after 30 min now from the start and stronger feel and now what again wait a month and not know what expect i agree totaly with you but in my case if they want to give me replacement then when they Got tracking number od my package i want tracking number from New bundle that Will be fair in my case i think sorry if anybody think that i ask too much from them i wish you luck with your Rma i see that you trying too help People on forum and i respect that stay safe man greetings Domagoj.