Fanatec Driver 442 (Beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Lorenz BarthLorenz Barth Member
    edited June 2022

Fanatec control pannel crashes when my csw1 (with new firmware) connects.

• Hello, I have a question please.

In the case i make this update on my DD2, do I have to update my V3 pedals please ?

• edited June 2022

Yes during update very early error message " firmware fault . Cant do anything more . Have to restart Firmware manager but nor connection via USB or RJ 12 . i think Pedal PCB were killed by update process ??

• DD1 user and have continually updated to each beta driver/ firmware, and I must say,

AWESOME WORK FANATEC

This is brilliant, I had no complaints prior other than the jolts but the added smoothness and all the other items that were cleaned up are much appreciated and I now can say I do not feel any need or desire to step up to any other DD wheel on the market. Very noticeable from previous driver/ firmware, I feel more micro detail than ever before now, and the stop is softened lock to lock which is minor but now feels more realistic and there is just an overall smoothness and less notchy feeling under all situations. Bravo

Thank you

• Any word on this issue?

Rumble motors on formula V2 continue to turn on/off randomly while driving in ACC.

• This should be reported and discussed in the FanaLab thread as it's a Fanalab issue and not a driver issue (and yes I can confirm the issue but only with Rev Limiter Vibrations and only on the Steering Wheel, Pedals are fine as well as all other Vibration settings).

• edited June 2022

I have just updated to Windows 11 22H2 and can not confirm this.

After the 22H2 Update was installed the Fanatec Control Panel indeed showed "No Fanatec Device found!" with an exclamation mark for the device in the Windows Device Manager.

However, I reminded that after a "big" Windows Update you always have to run either the Driver Repair function or even completely uninstall the Driver and re-install it fresh. I did the latter and uninstalled the Driver and re-installed it fresh and after a PC restart everything was fine again. Also the Firmware Manager works properly and the Base and Motor Update worked perfectly fine. I did not needed to add any exclusion to Windows Security.

• Just updated and wow! Absolutely huge improvements on the DD2, rFactor 2 used to be the worst feeling sim on the DD2 and it feels incredible now. Keen to try out the others. Mega work chaps!😁

• Interesting, either it always coincided with me updating the driver due to updates from Fanatec's side before using my DD1 on PC again after bigger Windows updates (definitely was the case with 4.42 after 22H2), or this hasn't been the case for me. I never experienced any issues with the Fanatec software in connection to Windows updates, I'm also not aware that I ever added exclusions in Windows Security.

In general, update to 4.42 worked without any issues for my DD1, V3s and different steering wheels, FFB in Automobilista 2 (only thing I've played since the update) with Fanatec's recommended settings feels amazing to me - great work, Marcel and team!

• Beta driver 442 broke my formula v2 dual clutch function with my CSW v2.5. Now when pulling both pedals it shows correctly 100, but the releasing one let it stay at 100. I then have to release the full pedal to 0 and then it tells me the value held by the other one. You cannot do a reliable launch anymore with this bug

• I dodnt know if I can put this down to the firmware, but after a long abscence it appears the wild oscillations with Dellara IR18 on iRacing seem to have dissapeared. Podium F1+clubsport V2

• Marc CollinsMarc Collins Member
    edited June 2022

Myself and another user experienced the same control panel issue. We both have CSW wheelbases and after updating to 442, the control panel will not open if the wheel is on. If the wheel is off, the control panel will open and in my case I was able to update firmware and see the new driver in action with my CSPs. Had to revert to older driver to get wheel control back.

• This is a known issue for CSW v1, CSW v2, CSL Elite v1 and CSL Elite v1.1 and will be fixed with a new driver soon.

For now you would need to stay on Driver 441 or earlier.

• “Hey Maurice,

I have found a bug with I’m presuming is the base firmware on DD2 on XBOX. If you try to shut off the XBOX by holding the XBOX button on the wheel and select shutdown console, the console does shut down, but the DD2 locks and all buttons become unresponsive, including the setup and power off button. It takes hitting the emergency stop to shut off the base.

Did it that once, so I assumed it’s a bug as randomly wheel can lock up on the older firmwares in F1 2021. I thus far have not experienced in game freezes of the base in F1 2021 (these are very intermittent and rare). However I have now 4 times shut off the XBOX 4 times and it always locks/freezes the base.

Today I turned off the console first using the controller, but left the wheel on. As it’s being sent the shutoff signal it locked up again resulting in emergency stop to shut off the base.

As long as you power off the wheel, then shut off the XBOX it’s fine. Even using the power button on the console will lock the wheel if it’s still powered up.

Apart from the power off freeze no other issues.

Cheers,

David

Maurice,

I have the same issues upon updating to driver 442. I have had 3 power down freezes and occasionally freezes when activating F1 2021 as well.

XBOX Series X

DD1

V3 pedals

formula V2 rim

• edited June 2022

Does this driver work with forza horizon 5 or do we still have to use old driver?

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

If the fan runs at 100% then likely the the base and motor firmware don't match. When coming from an older driver to 442 or when going back from 442 to an older driver you first need to flash the motor firmware and after that you can flash the base firmware. If the base firmware gets done before the motor firmware, then you need to bring the base firmware back to the version which matches the current motor firmware before proceeding.

• If you think motor firmware 42 or lower is flashed, then you need to use an older driver like 339 installed. Then you can press the power button for 10sec to force a base firmware update. By this a matching FW should get flashed.
    • If you think motor firmware 3.0.0.2 is flashed, then you need to have driver 442 installed. Then you can press the power button for 10sec to force a base firmware update. By this the FW 3.0.0.5 will be installed to match the motor FW.
    • If you don't know which motor firmware is currently installed, try bot at a time, for example first install 442 again and hold the power button for 10 seconds to start the base and if it doesn't solve the issue try the same with driver 329 for example.

There are some additional things which seemed to have helped others:

• Unplugging the steering wheel before trying to recover the base functionality
    • having a fresh and clean installation of the driver by removing the old one first via windows before installing the new one
    • Some additionally removed registry entries regarding Fanatec
    • Unplugging other USB devices which are not needed at the moment, for one it was a third party USB wheel which seemed to influence the update functionality.
    • Cleanup of Windows USB drivers with a software like "USBDeview" (attached below) and then re-install the Fanatec driver
  • FH5 is working properly without crashing since Driver 440, released over 2 months ago.

No need to use an old driver.

some things which seemed to have helped others:

• Unplugging the steering wheel before trying to recover the base functionality
    • having a fresh and clean installation of the driver by removing the old one first via windows before installing the new one
    • Some additionally removed registry entries regarding Fanatec
    • Unplugging other USB devices which are not needed at the moment, for one it was a third party USB wheel which seemed to influence the update functionality.
    • Cleanup of Windows USB drivers with a software like "USBDeview" (attached below) and then re-install the Fanatec driver

Correct, when the important issues of 442 are solved we'll also again release a version which includes the tray app to work with the mobile app.

What are your tuning menu settings, were they all the same as with the other driver? No one else so far seemed to have reported a reduced strength.

• Dear Fanatec Team,

I have exact same issue as Christopher Blanchard (iRacing) expained on 7th of June on page 8 in this channel, in ACC

DD2 + PEBM

Driver 442, Base FW 3.0.0.5, Motor FW 3.0.0.2, Wheel FW 6, Endurance Module FW 21, QR FW 6, Fanalab V1.64.5

"Whenever I save the wheel settings (for ACC) , The ITM display for the endurance module, will revert to whatever the Display is set to for the wheelbase.

i.e. if the wheel base is set to screen 3 and the endurance module to the legacy screen, as soon as you save your settings or load them both displays will revert to screen 3, duplicating each other"

The PEBM display mirrors the Base OLED dsiplay setting. all green rotation function are disabled and I have set the favorite menu for both to different values.

• edited June 2022

Please report this in the FanaLab thread as ITM issues are FanaLab related and not Driver related.

But I can already say: Yes, I can reproduce this.

1. Install driver 442 and follow the steps to for example do a re-start after the installation is done
    2. Open the Fanatec Control Panel
    3. Go to the Update page and open the firmware manager
    4. Click on the update button
    5. Read and follow the step by step instructions, most things are automated now

It's unlikely but can theoretically happen if something goes wrong during an update, like a connection issue.

Something you could try is:

1. go to folder: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\fw
    2. Start "FWPedalsUpdater.exe"
    3. Do a firmware update

If nothing of the trouble shooting tips helped you need to contact support by logging into the webshop and going to the my products page.

This discussion has been closed.