Fanatec Driver 442 (Beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• When playing ACC a couple of months ago I noticed that disabling Look With Wheel reduced the frequency of these jolt like jerks on my CSL DD. They were still happening but quite rarely. I will give ACC a go then, again.

• Andre CibaAndre Ciba Member
    edited June 2022

Update 442 is on the base

• why can't I switch between peak and lin anymore? the value is not available in the tuning menu

• edited June 2022

Because you most likely use a Wheel which does not support High Torque Mode on Podium DD.

In Low Torque Mode FFS is now hardcoded to LINEAR and the toggle is intentionally grayed out in the Driver UI and in FanaLab and is completely hidden in the Tuning Menu on the Wheel because FFS had no effect in Low Torque Mode so the toggle is redundant in Low Torque Mode and is now only accessable in High Torque Mode.

• I use the Clubsport F 1 Wheel. Is the high torque Modus not available on this Wheel?

• Hi Thanks for the update, im having issue with the base update, CSL Elite PS4, everytimes it goes to do the update the base turn it self off without doing anything, im not able to continue.

• That wheel Supports High Torque Mode but then it's missing for you because you are in the Standard Tuning Menu with only a limited range of settings available, also as explained in the Changelog Highlights.

To enable Advanced Tuning Menu, press the Tuning Menu Button for 3 seconds while being in the Tuning Menu (or switch directly in the Driver UI or FanaLab by pressing the respective toggle).

When you are back in Advanced Tuning Menu, then FFS is also back as FFS is a setting for Advanced Users in Advanced Tuning Menu only.

edited June 2022

I am in the advance menu. However, the value is only displayed in Fanalab but not in the steering wheel tuning menu

• Attila SoósAttila Soós Member
    edited June 2022

Hy

I have problem with Driver 442.

Uninstalled the driver 441 Alpha, restarted the PC, Install the 442 driver, restart the PC.

When the base turned on, the fana control center does not want to open. 

After I turn off the base, I can open the control center. But after I turn on the base and the wheel made the positioning movements the control panel turning off.

I went back to the driver 441 aplha. No error. After I went back to 440, no error. It happened with only 442 driver.

When the base turned off and the pedals are connected by USB cable to my PC, the controll center opened. Any idea?

• Wheel Base Model CSL Elite v1.1
    • Porsche wheel with Button module and Podium HUB
    • Driver Version: 442
    • Base FW Version: 690
    • Motor FW Version: 22
    • Tuning Menu settings
    • Pedals V3
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C:

• Did you updated to Driver 442 and updated the Base Firmware to 3.0.0.5 and the Steering Wheel Firmware to V45?

• edited June 2022

This issue got reproduced and is under investigation and will be fixed with an upcoming hotfix soon.

For now you would need to stay on Driver 441 or 440 (441 is the same as 440 btw just with the Tray App added) if you have an older Belt Base (affected Bases are CSW v1, CSW v2, CSL Elite v1 and CSL Elite v1.1).

• And the FFS toggle is properly shown in the Driver UI as well and is really missing in the Tuning Menu on the Wheel? Is it available in the Tuning Menu of the Base?

edited June 2022

can you please tell me how to get back to the 429? I tried as in the description but if I flash the firmware manually then the case of the base goes on and I can't use it.

I drive f1 on the ps5 and since the update it doesn't do anything like that anymore. the car has become unstable and the base feels like my logitec g 29

The car is undriveable after the update. If I had known that, I would never have installed driver 442

• in fanalab I can change the setting. it is displayed. however, it is not displayed on the steering wheel or on the base

• What about rhe Driver UI?

That one is way more important than FanaLab.

• Wheel Base: Podium DD1

Steering Wheels: CSL McLaren GT3 v1 and CSL P1 PS4 Version

Pedals: ClubSport V3

Driver Version: 442

Base FW Version: 3.0.0.5

Motor FW Version: 3.0.0.2

Wheel FW: McL 35, P1 not applicable

Wireless QR: 6

Pedals FW: 1.34

FanaLab Version: not installed

Tuning Menu settings: reset to defaults

Driver/FanaLab installed on: default

Driver installation and FW updates went fine. Here are some minor issues I discovered:

After the base FW update no wheels are detected, a manual power cycle of the base has to be performed.

Unplugging and replugging base USB cable forces "ATTENTION Enable torque?" message.

SEN steps up to 1080° are 10°, above 1080° steps are 90°.

MPS values on wheel/base display don't match control panel values.

Finally my favorite issue:

Running the PDD-base with a P1 wheel and the PDD display set to legacy still causes the base to totally freeze after a couple of minutes. This "feature" was first introduced some time after Podium-base FW 675 and obviously made it into the all new 3.0.0.5 base FW ;-)

Apart from all that, well done. Driving feels great and that's what is most important.

• I see the button but can't select it

can you help me to downgrade the base to 429

• edited June 2022

Unplugging and replugging base USB cable forces "ATTENTION Enable torque?" message. -> that's normal and intended.

SEN steps up to 1080° are 10°, above 1080° steps are 90°. -> that's normal and intended.

MPS values on wheel/base display don't match control panel values. -> please show pictures what you mean. They should match perfectly fine.

Running the PDD-base with a P1 wheel and the PDD display set to legacy still causes the base to totally freeze after a couple of minutes. This "feature" was first introduced some time after Podium-base FW 675 and obviously made it into the all new 3.0.0.5 base FW ;-) -> as you are still the only people in the World with this issue, this is still very likely a hardware issue which we told you several times now already but you seem to ignore this... You should contact the support for a repair RMA.

• edited June 2022

You cant select it because the Base is in Low Torque Mode. In Low Torque Mode FFS toggle is intentionally disabled and locked to LINEAR.

• edited June 2022

You just need to accept the "ATTENTION! Enable Torque?" message which the Podium DD Display shows by pressing any button or turning the wheel 90 degrees to one side.

Oh and you have to have the Torque Key inserted, obviously.. (And I think this could be the mystery puzzle piece here... Do you maybe not have the Torque Key inserted?.....)

• Wheel Base: CSL elite V1.1

Steering Wheels: Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2

Pedals: CSL Series

Driver Version: 442 (also on 440)

Base FW Version: 690

Motor FW Version: 22

Wheel FW: 44

FanaLab Version: not installed

Tuning Menu settings: reset to defaults

Driver/FanaLab installed on: default

The tuning menu is reduced to 3 options: Sensitivity, FF Str. and BRK For.

The Profile selection is also gone, when pressing the button i go directly in the tuning menu.

This happend after updating to the latest firmware on the base and wheel. Could downgrade the steering wheel to a lower version but without any results.

• edited June 2022

This was explained in the Changelog Highlights.

You are in the Standard Tuning Menu with only a limited range of settings available which is available for almost a year now.

To get back all the settings and Setups 1-5 you need to press the Tuning Menu Button for 3 seconds while being in the Tuning Menu.

• edited June 2022

When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)

Still does this sometimes on ACC, AMS2 and Forza Horizon 5. Haven't tried anything else yet.

Not a big thing but just FYI it's not completely fixed. Really liking the new motor/base firmwares otherwise, GG!

• So far So Good, but have one issue,

Podium F1 + Podium Endurance Module

Driver 442, Base FW 3.0.0.5, Motor FW 3.0.0.2, Wheel FW 6, Endurance Module FW 21, QR FW 6, Fanalabs V1.64.5

Whenever I save the wheel settings (iRacing) , The ITM display for the endurance module, will revert to whatever the Display is set to for the wheelbase.

i.e. if the wheel base is set to screen 3 and the endurance module to the legacy screen, as soon as you save your settings or load them both displays will revert to screen 3, duplicating each other

• You maybe have the same Favorite page enabled with the same auto-page-switch triggers enabled for both?

• Thanks for your help. I got the message after calibrating the steering wheel. but they could not be confirmed.

• No, I have each dispay set in Fanalabs differently as the favourite display (if thats what you mean) and I dont have any triggers activated on any of the telemetry to revert to that page (i.e. if brake bias changes, etc)

• After I installed the 442 the brake was active in GT7, so I tried to repair, or uninstall, until it stop recognizing the DD1 PS wheel base. It does the pedals. (V3). The fan started until the whole wheel base finally turn off. I tried to go back to 439, but it didn´t recognized it neither.

Now it don´t turn on.

This discussion has been closed.