Podium DD1 + APM Miss Shifts Issue

Hey, since I've seen there are more people than just me with this issue I decided to make a thread for it where we can share information and possibly find a solution or at least provide more info for fanatec. So if you got same issue - feel free to provide as much information as you can.

Problem Description

Sometimes when I'm shifting gears with Advanced Paddle Module the gear just does not change. It happens like once per 200 gear shifts. May be worth mentioning that this issue does not appear in first ~20 minutes of racing (or maybe it is just a coincidence). The issue started like 1,5 year ago (im not sure if it started after some update or just randomly).

Things i tried to fix issue:

• completely replacing my PC (only disk drives left from the old one)
  • reinstalling everything - drivers, games, etc.
  • grounding my rig
  • replacing power supply
  • updating wheel base drivers
  • replacing podium hub (APM is connected to it)
  • unscrewing QR from the base, reconnecting the cables etc
  • replacing base -> PC USB B -----> USB A cable
  • removing any hubs between dd1 and PC
  • changing usb slots (3.0, 2.0 blabla)

I think the issue is related to base (or at least it is not related to the APM directly) because:

• i've got a new APM module from fanatec (warranty) - still miss shifting
  • tried my friend's F1 Wheel, the blue one from PS bundle - still miss shifting (he has also DD1 and doesn't have such problems as me).

I've also got PBME (connected to same podium hub) which also has some "buttons" and i've never ever had any issue that the button click was not recognized.

My wheel + base setup:

• DD1
  • CSV3 (connected to base, but im gonna try connecting it via usb soon - maybe there is some issue)
  • Podium Hub + PBME + APM

Comments

• Hello!!. The exact same thing happens to me with PBME. I don't remember that it did with PS v2. I also do not remember what happened to me in ACC or in any other simulator that is not Iracing. Iracing is also the one that spent the most time together with Automobilista2. It is impossible for me to recreate the error. It is very sporadic.

DD1 PS4

V3

Porsche PBME

Latest drivers and Fanalab installed

• Same here,

The only way to solve the problem is to go back to the 442 driver. The firmware versions are different and the problem is not present.

Fanatec has been aware of the problem for more than 6 months, but according to Maurice it’s still under investigation and no result yet.. it’s very annoying

• The problem is that you can't go back to the v442 driver if you want to have updated fanalab which is now amazing. I hope Fanatec solves the problem and we can have everything. Little by little he is getting it!!

• I prefer to do without fanalab for the time being, the gearshift problem is driving me crazy. And the problem has been there for a while. It's a shame, because it clearly ruins the user experience... 

• Hello!. After a few tests and sessions... since the error is so sporadic it is still not safe. But I have not noticed failures in ACC or Automobilista 2. If you still notice them infrequently I must say in iracing. In case it helps anything. Greetings!!

• Yeah it is not safe especially when you try to compete in racing... Sad we need to downgrade software to have it fixed

• Hi guys. Any fix yet? Podium f1 - blue alcantara wheel user here (with APM). I am on ps5. After updating to latest driver & firmware, the right paddle shifter tends to miss shift in some cases.

Any fix yet? Thanks a lot.

Mihai

• Same here, when using podium shifter module on the podium hub the right shifter doesn’t respond sometimes. It’s very hit and miss. I reset the DD2, power on off and it seems to work ok for a period of time before missing shifts again.

I have no idea why this is happening, firmware, cable, connections, who knows, but if others are having some problem with right hand shifter sounds like a common problem.

Has anyone got a definitive fix?

• Got the same issue. DD2+MC rally wheel+APM. After installing 457 driver with it's firmwares the missshifts got wild. Tried reinstalling driver, all firmwares - all the same.

Went back to 455 wiht f/ws included with it - so far the issue seems to be solved. Not a single missed shift in approx 1/2hour ea wrc seat-time.