New User Wheel not recognised in any driving game

2»

Comments

• then fanatec should not call this as "compatibility mode" but instead the CSW V2.5

• If you have a look into the Control Panel and Fanalab then you would see that this exactly what they are doing.

• i not really see the steering wheel rotation issue, maybe i'm missing something? about the leds self, i already made leds support self in pc mode with plugin.

now i need figure how disable them at in CSW mode self because they start each other disrupt and they look very weird at formula 2.5 wheel

• There are different types of cars, as well as different manufacturers. So while a common car, approved for use on the road, has a steering wheel with many turns, single-seater track cars can have steering wheels with very little rotation. Cars of the same type, but from different manufacturers, often also have steering wheels with different degrees of rotation.

The transmission can also be different. Even today, most European production cars have an H-pattern hand-operated gearbox, and three pedals, while many track cars have dogbox or sequential gearboxes with paddles behind the wheel.

Modern simulation games take these characteristics into account, so each car can be driven with realistic steering wheel rotation degrees, transmission and controls, without the player having to do anything. Obviously, if the player has limited equipment, or has no interest in simulation, he can drive any type of car as if it were a formula 1, with a rotation of the steering wheel of 360 degrees or less, automatic gearbox and only 2 pedals.

In the past, let's say before 2000, steering wheels with an H gearbox and 3 pedals, or with degrees of rotation greater than 180°, were very rare. Video game producers therefore didn't bother at all to differentiate the driving of the cars featured in the game, based on the real model or manufacturer.

This is essentially why there is a mode compatible with CSW 2.5, only for games of the penultimate generation. For older games, or if you don't care about simulation realism, CSW 2.5 mode is completely useless.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 2023

but i think you not get my point, we have this tool called Fanatec Control Panel, you can setup at there whatever steering angle you need.

if talk about very old games then they not even had option for this inside game.

and if talk about realism then game developers use the FFB DirectInput standard from Microsoft

what makes modern games feel more realistic at track is that game developers increased the race road vertex/polygons/point sizes

so players can now get more accurate information from games.

belt / gearbox steering wheels rob some off that info so you not get all what you may need at there with this kind steering wheels

• I get the point, but it's wrong. You can certainly change the steering angle in the control panel, but then it remains fixed until you change it again.

If a game, has both formula cars with 360° steering angle, GT3 with 560° steering angle, and stock cars with 1200° steering angle, every time you switch cars in the game you should go back to the control panel and manually change the steering angles. Assuming you know the right ones for each car. You could also do a Fanalab setup for every car in the game. But why do that if the game itself is programmed to do that?

Then, everyone is free to play the way they want, a lot of fast people use the keyboard to drive.

A lot of people don't realize that the virtual wheel is out of sync with the real one, or that they're driving a 1960's car with paddles behind a Formula 1 wheel, but just as many people believe these details are vital to the simulation. Fanatec produces steering wheels for these people, certainly cannot advise these people to use the keyboard because it is faster.

We played like you mean 20 years ago. Someone still does it, it works and there's nothing wrong with it, but why should everyone do it if current technology allows for greater realism?

• We played like you mean 20 years ago. Someone still does it, it works and there's nothing wrong with it, but why should everyone do it if current technology allows for greater realism?

current technology detects game self what user uses and does this automatically without need click any button