Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

1262728293032»

Comments

• yes. of course there is. Cos clearly you are more important than the people who put their RMA in before you

• no its not that ,iam asked in general

• What answer would you like? If youve raised the RMA, said what the problem is, submitted videos (support like that), then.... what else do you want to do to speed up the process?

Support will tell you what you need to do. Just box up your equipment to be ready to send (i wouldnt tape it down, just in case you need to put something in the box to know who its from etc).

Theres a queue. Theres a limited about of support people. Theres a limited amount of technicians.

• Hi all,

Looks like a lot of us have been having the same issue. I have been driving for months on the same firmware versions without issues and since 2 days the disconnecting has started. So, it's the issue where there is input lag, followed by loss of ffb and then a complete disconnect from the wheel. After this has occured the driver does not see the wheel anymore.

I tried installing an older driver (454), but this has not resolved the issue. I read about downgrading my firmware, but I do not seem to have this option on my driver (no button to downgrade in the firmware manager).

The base that I am using is a CSL DD (8Nm), on the PC. Both wheels that I have, are not detected by the driver. "Error: Connect device failed(No response packet from target device.)."

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

• Mid December was the last "stable" firmware release. We are days away from July at this point with 0 information about what or when to expect an update. The little information we have been given has been through Maurice and I'm sure his hands are tied. The last talk of an updated firmware was May if I'm not mistaken. I know the company is going through changes but this is absolutely ridiculous that they don't hesitate to announce new products but can't announce information on fixing the existing ones.

• I just checked - I'm on driver 454 and firmware 1.1.10.6

Issue happened again after ~25 minutes of driving

• Any news about problem with deadzone on brake csl pedal?

Quite a lot of time has passed, and the problem is still not solved! And all this time I haven't touched my steering wheel...because I just can't use it because of this problem.. I'm losing all my hope

Maybe Maurice can say something new?

• @ Andrew

There's nothing new to say. They're still working on fixing the disconnects. My guess is a fix for the pedals is at least a few months away, probably longer. Don't forget they also have issues with the PBMR and PBME. Both of those cost a good bit more than the CSL pedals, and will surely take precedence over them.

• Having trouble installing driver 457 to my PC. Can anyone help? error log attached

• This is impossible! Several months to solve the pedal calibration problem. How many people are working on solving driver problems? 0.5?

I also want my problem (as well as some others with the same problem) to be a priority, because having bought Fanatec I planned to play, and not wait several months.. And this problem has been known for a long time and Fanatec cannot do at least a temporary solutions for those who write about this on the forum? Hotfix or at least something!

• lol… I have no words! Andrew, i'm in the same situation........

• They should have solved these problems instantly! I can't believe it takes so long to solve problems IN YOUR PRODUCT. It seems like you don’t know this base at all!

How did you allow the release DD Extreme that was not ready? This problem is not only mine, but also some people who wrote on the Fanatec forum, but there are also people who write about it on reddit and other forums, and these are only those who talk about it, many are silent about it. We want solutions!

I have no problems with the disconnection, but I have problems with the pedals and the new base and this does not mean that you need to prioritize one problem over the other! In both problems we cannot play.

You have to work all day and night to solve these problems and keep your customers happy with your product! But waiting for a solution to the problem for several months is impossible!

I want to talk about this on YouTube and I will talk about it so that other people don’t have to deal with the fact that after buying your product, they can use it!

• edited June 29

Development is not as easy as you think. I explained to you in detail how development (roughly) works and why fixing issues takes some time and are impossible to fix over-night.

The issue with the huge deadzone on the brake pedal of analogue pedals was investigated, reproduced, the root cause was found and a possible fix is already developed, but this changes to the code now need to get internally reviewed, tested and verified via a test-export-firmware, then merged into a final release-firmware, this firmware needs to be tested again to see if nothing else broke, and only then it can be released to the public with a new driver.

This takes some more time than a few hours or days, this is a process of at least some weeks.

And btw, this specific issue was not known for a long time. Actually, the issue is known for exactly just 12 days now, which is everything but not "a long time" in development timelines.

Feel free to contact me or Marcel via dm if you are interested in testing this test-export-firmware, it should be ready sometime next week I think.

• edited June 29

I just received my dd+ extreme from a coil noise repair and the update to 2.1.0.4 is available, I have 2.1.0.3 and now it works great. Do I leave it without updating or what do you advise me?

• Glad to hear it! Of course I'm ready! I'll write to you in DM!

Thank you!

• Is the disconnect issue for the DD+ still being investigated? I am on the drivers from 457 plus the driver for WQR that I received from Marcel. I still had a quick disconnect the other day. I didn’t see 2.1.0.4 base driver in the package Marcel gave me so I am still on 2.1.0.3. Is that upgrade necessary for the fix?

• Correct that. The base may be on 2.1.0.2, I have to check. It was with whatever came with driver 457. Before 457, it was really bad and there were frequent disconnects that made you reboot the base. Now there are infrequent 3 sec disconnects. This even with the new WQR that Marvel gave me. Do I need to upgrade my base firmware to something higher?

• Marcel and Maurice,

I have received the replacement DD+ base. I updated it to 2.1.0.3 base and 1.1.0.3 WQR. I encountered a different kind of disconnection. All the steering buttons including paddle shifters stopped working while steering input, pedals, FFB, H and sequential shifters still worked. Removing and reinserting the wheel disabled the FFB but steering, pedals and external shifters still worked. Had to restart the base to get the steering buttons and FFB to work again. GT7, PS5, Extreme wheel on latest firmware.

• I found the 2.1.0.4 base hotfix on page 8 of this thread from April 30. Should this still be applied or has the testing with it ended? It wasn’t included with the 2.1.0.3 recent Marcel WQR hotfix. What should the base version be at for the DD+ at this point? Thank you.

• BWX 232BWX 232 Member

To everyone with GT DD X or DD+ freezing/ disconnect/ soft disconnect, I had all the soft disco/ freezing up from day one until my last FW combination (listed below) which actually fixed all the disconnect problems. Before 457 it was disconnects, after 457 it was soft disconnects/ freezing for 3 seconds.

I've read every post in this thread and there are people wondering, but this is what worked for me but I don't think it worked for everyone.

Driver 457 on PC.

Wheelbase FW 2.1.0.4 "CS_DD_v2.1.0.4_hotfix_disconnection_issue_test_release.eff" manually installed after installing all 457 drivers.

Wheel FW 1.0.7.0 (457)

Wireless QR FW 1.1.0.3 (test FW June 7th)

GT DD Extreme, Metal QR2, CSL Elite V2 Pedals, Clubsport handbrake v1.5 (PS5, all connected to base).

Before "Wireless QR FW 1.1.0.3 (test FW June 7th)", I still had the soft disconnect / freezing for 3 seconds issue sometimes even with 2.1.0.4_hotfix, but that finally fixed it. So anyone who hasn't tried that FW combo yet, it might be worth a try.

• I haven’t tried the 2.1.0.4 base release yet. I would have thought it would have been included in Marcel’s later fix if it was still relevant. But I may be mistaken.