Fanatec Beta (RC) Driver v260 (incl. new firmwares) [06/10/2016]

Comments

• Hi Mark,

1. Can you tell us what exactly you are pressing to set the wheel center...while "CAL" is flashing?
    2. Why are you not asking the Fanatec Support live chat? ;-)

@ Lorrell Waddell 
    Why can't you calibrate the wheel center when an H-Shifter is connected. This should definitely NOT be the case. The wheel base enters the shifter calibration automatically but after this is done you can center the wheel.

Armin
    I can Calibrate the Wheel with the Shifter Connected but i can Not Calibrate the wheel center if i Have the Shifter in H Pattern Shift Mode...I have to first put shifter in Sequential Shift Mode, Calibrate wheel, Then i put shifter in H Pattern Mode and Calibrate the Shifter....I dont Know why that is but its the only way i can get wheel center and Shifter Calibrated while shifter is Connected.... Is it Possible that some thing is wrong????.... Other than tbis everything seems to work fine.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Lorrell,

please upload a video for us to let us see the issue. THX!
  • Hi Lorrell,

please upload a video for us to let us see the issue. THX!
    i will do this when i get home from work.
  • Hi 

Been in contact with the Fanatec, and it seems like my BMW GT2 rim has lost the left stik button after software update (and yes have tried to downgrade both 176 and 142) 

Video has gone to Fanatec så waitng for there respons

Mark
  • Grimey, Armin opened my eyes on this one. I couldn't get my wheel centred in game too. He told me to TRUE centre the wheel in the function test window. I didn't have the issue with the SQ shifter though.
  • I get the Wheel centered... I just Cant access the wheel center functions after Updating the Wheel FW with the Shifter in H Pattern Mode... I have to put shifter in Seqential Mode then it Lets Me Calibrate wheel Center... then when i put it in H pattern Mode i can Calibrate the Shifter.... I thought that this was Normal...this is How i had to do it with last 2 FW.... But all Seems to be working Fine its just a Certain order i have to do it in to get it to work..... 1)Make sure Shifter is in Sequential Mode ---> 2)Calibrate wheel Center ---->3) set Shifter to H pattern Calibrate Gears. doing it this way all appears work Fine... Or at least i thought it was... LOL
  • Has anyone seen my post up above? I would love to be able to use my GT2 wheels again please so would love someone to take a look at make sure if its a driver issue or windows 10 issue? Ive read others having this issue since going to windows 10 too so would like to know if its a driver issue, if it could please be fixed so it goes into PC mode every time
    Hi Aaron,

what do you mean by "nothing shows on the wheel"? Is the wheel not detected at all or is it shown as a standard Windows Input device? (no fanatec panel)

Is the problem resolved with the last official driver? If no then this would be no topic for this thread and you should move to the Fanatec Support. 
  • Yes it shows nothing on wheel at all and does not show in windows at all. Only fix is to Uninstall fanatec driver and reinstall and then it kicks to life in pc mode It has been a problem since going to windows 10 and is happening across 2 different wheels on 2 different pcs so I believe it is related to this thread as it seems to be a fanatec driver issue. If I load wheel into ps3 mode it works every time as it uses the Logitech driver then
  • Is it possible for you to get your hands on a W7 pc of laptop and try with that one if problem remains ?
    edited November 2016
    @ Aaron
    ich you are able to switch to PS3 mode it does not sound like the latest fanatec driver is really installed. you can feel free to try the slightly updated version which is attached to this post. if that does not resolve your issue....please contact our support team. To answer Antoines question would also be very important.

Firmwares included in Driver v261 are still...
       - CSW V2 Base: CSW_V2_Base_V204_rev787_app
       - CSW V1 Base: CSW_Base_V205_rev788_app
       - CSL E Base : CSL_E_Base_V206_rev790_app
       - CSL EP LCK: CSL_EP_LCK_01V09_rev065_app
  • Fanatec driver is defiantly installed however unless windows 10 is removing it when restarting pc. If I double click on fanatec driver application it only gives the option to remove driver. I'll test out your driver tonight
  • Wow it seems to be working! Ive restarted both pcs several times now on driver 261 and it's gone into pc mode every time first time I've tried Woo-hoo. This has been annoying me on windows 10 for months
    Perfect! THX for the feedback! 

Looks like 261 will go public final soon :-)
  • edited October 2016
    The Good news is Driver 260 & 261 seem to be working fine for me...The wheel center feel for FW 204 is just Not Good...it just feels wrong...The FFB kicks in to harshly...IMO FW 176 was and is spot on.

I will continue to use DR 261 and FW 176  there seem to be No issues using this DR/FW combo.

• My wheel is underway to Fanatec one of buttons is defekt, so No rim at the moment that sucks, but its good that they are fixing it

My rim could not center and was 30 degress of (left) and my left joystick buttons didnt work

Hopefully Fanatec is sending my fixed rim back fast dont have a spare to use, DAMN 

• Pietro MauroPietro Mauro Member
    edited October 2016
    Hello everybody, 

With this update I have the same issue I had with the firmware 176.

I have the shifter csq 1,5 connected to the base and frequently when I insert the 4th, the gear engaged is the 2nd, when i insert the 3rd the gear is the 1st.

I got back to firmware 142 and have no more issues. 

Please Fanatec correct it before delivering the new csl pedals I bought.
    With the driver 261 and the firmware 204 I have the same issue posted above.
    I have win 10 64bit latest version and use the short cable from base to shifter
  • This new BETA saved my remaining hair that I had left to pull out! Massive thanks to customer support who helped me reduce my issues down to just a pedal issue. This driver has solved that! 

My issue was the V2 base and xbox UH would work and adding the SQ shifter also worked but I had completely dead V3 pedals, via RJ12 and USB. This solved that after running FwPedalsUpdater.exe 
  • Unfortunately my problem has returned to both wheels. I have to Uninstall the fanatec driver 261 and then reinstall and then the wheel kicks to life. I dunno how it seemed to work the other night but I went into device and it says driver error. If I perform the windows trouble shooter it says it will reinstall the driver then it all works again until next restart I don't have any Windows 7 pcs to test this on however I will try it with my windows 10 laptop. Funny enough if I Uninstall the fanatec driver completely and then restart and put into pc mode then it loads in windows as a Porshe Wheel and kind of works but with windows generic game controller properties
  • I tested out on laptop and it seems to work fine

hmm

I notice when I check on it when its not in pc mode it says
    The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.
  • ive found a fix, I added a little usb 2.0 hub and then it works every time. just restarted pc about 10 times and boots perfect each time

must be doing something weird as usb 3 or such

• ive found a fix, I added a little usb 2.0 hub and then it works every time. just restarted pc about 10 times and boots perfect each time

must be doing something weird as usb 3 or such

USB3 doing weird things (with Fanatec gear) has been known for a long time.
  • My Fanatec GT has always been like that under W10. I have to turn it off and of 4 or 5 times, then it works, even if it doesn't shake anymore when pressing Select to enter PC mode and sometimes it doesn't even have lights on.
    Unfortunately my problem has returned to both wheels. I have to Uninstall the fanatec driver 261 and then reinstall and then the wheel kicks to life. I dunno how it seemed to work the other night but I went into device and it says driver error. If I perform the windows trouble shooter it says it will reinstall the driver then it all works again until next restart I don't have any Windows 7 pcs to test this on however I will try it with my windows 10 laptop. Funny enough if I Uninstall the fanatec driver completely and then restart and put into pc mode then it loads in windows as a Porshe Wheel and kind of works but with windows generic game controller properties

My Fanatec GT has always been like that under W10. I have to turn it off and of 4 or 5 times, then it works, even if it doesn't shake anymore when pressing Select to enter PC mode and sometimes it doesn't even have lights on.

Hi,

What is a Fanatec GT? Please contact the Fanatec support and show them a video of the issue. Did you try on another PC? We have to find out if this is really a driver issue.

THX!
  • Hi!
    I am not sure, if this question is here on the right place, anyhow I will ask. ;)
    I have seen, that a new driver is available for the Wheel Base v2 -> v261.
    Is this driver also able to use for the first Wheel Base?
    I am asking, because in the download of the first Wheel Base the new driver is not listed.
    Hi,

there is only one single driver for all Fanatec Devices since 2009. So, yes!
  • I have sinds yesterday the csl base with the BMW wheel. After install i had to update the firmware. After this moment THE pedals (club v1) work half of the power and THE wheel give no indication of thurning. I have Not drove a single meter. I have try a USB poorts => no respons I have try severel drivers I van Not find any other firmware. Please help
  • Hello everybody, 

With this update I have the same issue I had with the firmware 176.

I have the shifter csq 1,5 connected to the base and frequently when I insert the 4th, the gear engaged is the 2nd, when i insert the 3rd the gear is the 1st.

I got back to firmware 142 and have no more issues. 

Please Fanatec correct it before delivering the new csl pedals I bought.
    With the driver 261 and the firmware 204 I have the same issue posted above.
    I have win 10 64bit latest version and use the short cable from base to shifter
    Sorry for boring, but I have the same issue with the long cable too.
    I got back to firmware 231 and have no issue.
    Now I have the base with firmware 231, the new cls pedals with firmware 261, and everything works fine
  • I have tray it, but the base is not reacting on firmware 261.

thanks for the replay

• I have sinds yesterday the csl base with the BMW wheel. After install i had to update the firmware. After this moment THE pedals (club v1) work half of the power and THE wheel give no indication of thurning. I have Not drove a single meter. I have try a USB poorts => no respons I have try severel drivers I van Not find any other firmware. Please help
    If you switch on the wheel, is it recognized by Windows? Does the wheel come up in the Game Controllers window? How have you connected the pedals, through the wheel or through aseparate USB connection?
This discussion has been closed.