Fanatec Beta (RC) Driver v260 (incl. new firmwares) [06/10/2016]

Comments

• Hi,

What is a Fanatec GT? Please contact the Fanatec support and show them a video of the issue. Did you try on another PC? We have to find out if this is really a driver issue.

THX!
    Hi Armin, I meant Fanatec GT2. :) I didn't pay much attention to it as it always behaved like that since I installed W10 and I blamed the fact that it was an old wheel, but in the next days I'll definitely write support an e-mail to see if I can help you.
  • @ Remco:

the wheel is recognized bij by Windows (8.1) and is visible in Game controler.

the padels are normelly connected to the base, but i have tried it instantly on computer.

the pedels work fine on the computer and on the base.

i have tried al usb poort on my computer with the same result.

base is not working and the padels are working fine on the computer and not in combi with the base

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    I have sinds yesterday the csl base with the BMW wheel. After install i had to update the firmware. After this moment THE pedals (club v1) work half of the power and THE wheel give no indication of thurning. I have Not drove a single meter. I have try a USB poorts => no respons I have try severel drivers I van Not find any other firmware. Please help
    Sorry but I really fail to understand why posting here (forum - beta driver discussion) is the first option to get help. please contact the fanatec support. even on the weekend there is ~10 hours live-chat support.
  • I tried driver 261 with my old Fanatec GT2 and so far is always worked properly at startup, with the base shaking while pressing the back button and all the light appear on the buttons.
    I'll try again in the next days to see if it was just a coincidence or not: I installed the driver with GT2 already in PC mode.
  • Today I tested driver 261 with the CSL Base. I got these problems:

- when no rim is connected to the base, CLS Elite Pedals are not recognized
    - when I click Ok to close the driver and I have my modded Formula Rim connected, the panel crashes reporting a dll error

My Formula Rim was modded with Bodnar's board, so that I could use it on my Fanatec GT2 too and as a standalone peripheral.
  • I have a CSR elite wheel and pedals I haven't used since my xbox 360 got stolen years ago.  I would like to use it with my windows 10 pc.  I don't have access to another computer.  Is there a way to update it?  if so how.

thanks
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited November 2016
    I have a CSR elite wheel and pedals I haven't used since my xbox 360 got stolen years ago.  I would like to use it with my windows 10 pc.  I don't have access to another computer.  Is there a way to update it?  if so how.

thanks

Derrick, I went through the same thing last year. You can update from the latest firmware on the Fanatic Web site for your CSR Elite. BUT! the firmware is not W10 compatible. I confirmed that with Fanatic support. I bought a refurbished laptop for $150.00 at Canada Computer. There are lots out there, so shop around. It is W8.1 and I will not update it to W10. It worked for my CSR Elite update. If you don't want to buy a cheap laptop, check around with your friends and see if you can borrow one. Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 will work for your update. Once updated you CSR Elite and pedals will work fine with your Windows 10 PC. Good luck.

Sorry but this is wrong. Check the download page:
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/product;old_product_id;58

There you can clearly see this: CSRE Firmware Update 757 (Win10 compatible). I think the information cannot be much clearer than that.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited November 2016
    Sorry but this is wrong. Check the download page:
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/product;old_product_id;58

There you can clearly see this: CSRE Firmware Update 757 (Win10 compatible). I think the information cannot be much clearer than that.
    Sorry for the miss-leading information, Armin and Derrick. When I had the issue with my CSR Elite update, over a year ago, at the time the version 757 was not compatible with W10. I was advised of this by Support and my only solution was to get the legacy software in a relatively inexpensive laptop. I am glad to here I won't need to use it for keeping my CSR Elite kit up to date should the need arise. That laptop is dead slow, though it did the job when I needed it. It is good to hear there is an update made available for users of the CSR Elite with the current Windows version. Thank you for the correction and clarification. 
  • Today I tested driver 261 with the CSL Base. I got these problems:

- when no rim is connected to the base, CLS Elite Pedals are not recognized
    - when I click Ok to close the driver and I have my modded Formula Rim connected, the panel crashes reporting a dll error

My Formula Rim was modded with Bodnar's board, so that I could use it on my Fanatec GT2 too and as a standalone peripheral.
    I quote myself just to ask Armin if the fact that pedals don't work without a rim is an intended behavior or an issue.
  • Just purchased new windows 10 pc. When trying to install Fanatec driver I get a message on antivirus Fwclubsportusbupdater.exe is blocked and is a heuristic virus. Do I allow this to install and be trusted ?
  • 261 driver is released, is there change note?
  • Just purchased new windows 10 pc. When trying to install Fanatec driver I get a message on antivirus Fwclubsportusbupdater.exe is blocked and is a heuristic virus. Do I allow this to install and be trusted ?
    It's a false positive, you can allow it.
  • It's a false positive, you can allow it.
    Thanks, I plugged it into another usb port (usb3) and it installed fine. All seems to be working fine.
  • I think the manual even says to block virus detection when installing driver and fw ?
    Just purchased new windows 10 pc. When trying to install Fanatec driver I get a message on antivirus Fwclubsportusbupdater.exe is blocked and is a heuristic virus. Do I allow this to install and be trusted ?
    Hi Richard,

in such cases please ALWAYS provide a screenshot. That would be very important to really look into this issue. Was it driver 260 or 261?
  • edited November 2016
    @Armin, I'm having a very annoying issue with the CSL E base and Fw 206 from latest driver. The Fan is running in full speed right after powering it on and when in rest mode. It keeps blowing full speed until I play any game for about 3 minutes...then it starts blowing at much lower speed. But when I pause the game. Goes Full speed again. Room temp is about 18℃.
  • Alan WillettsAlan Willetts Member
    edited November 2016
    @Armin, I'm having a very annoying issue with the CSL E base and Fw 206 from latest driver. The Fan is running in full speed right after powering it on and when in rest mode. It keeps blowing full speed until I play any game for about 3 minutes...then it starts blowing at much lower speed. But when I pause the game. Goes Full speed again. Room temp is about 18℃.

I'm having the very same issue with my CSW v2 base. After powering on and calibration the fan is running on full speed until I start playing in game. My room temperature is <18c as I'm up in the loft. Can anyone tell me if I should be worried about this.. Thanks
  • Don't worry, fans can handle it...it's just annoying when sitting in a silent room....lol
  • edited December 2016

Sorry, could not delete double post.

• Hi gents, first post, thanks for your hospitality.

My six month-old Fanatec setup (ClubSport Wheel Base V2 USA) has been great but the hub recently developed an annoying electronic squeal after sustained use; it sounds like an old dial-up modem signal if any of you are old enough to remember that.

I have researched this and it might be something called coil whine.  Regardless, it has been acknowledged by Fanatec, who have said that it's a voltage regulation problem that they intend to address with a firmware update.  My problem is that while I am pretty sure that I have loaded the latest drivers (v261, 64bit) I do not know what the number of the latest firmware is; that's the number that shows up in the little display window of the hub when I switch it on, right?

Can anyone please (i) comment if they have experienced this fairly commonplace electronic squeal issue and/or (ii) give me some guidance re. how to ascertain whether or not I have the latest drivers/firmware.  I am unlikely to send the hub back as long as the squeal does not affect its performance but if a firmware update does indeed fix this issue I'd like to try it.

Thank you!
  • Hi gents, first post, thanks for your hospitality.

My six month-old Fanatec setup (ClubSport Wheel Base V2 USA) has been great but the hub recently developed an annoying electronic squeal after sustained use; it sounds like an old dial-up modem signal if any of you are old enough to remember that.

I have researched this and it might be something called coil whine.  Regardless, it has been acknowledged by Fanatec, who have said that it's a voltage regulation problem that they intend to address with a firmware update.  My problem is that while I am pretty sure that I have loaded the latest drivers (v261, 64bit) I do not know what the number of the latest firmware is; that's the number that shows up in the little display window of the hub when I switch it on, right?

Can anyone please (i) comment if they have experienced this fairly commonplace electronic squeal issue and/or (ii) give me some guidance re. how to ascertain whether or not I have the latest drivers/firmware.  I am unlikely to send the hub back as long as the squeal does not affect its performance but if a firmware update does indeed fix this issue I'd like to try it.

Thank you!
    Hi and welcome.

v261 is the latest driver, and included in it is the latest firmware (v204). You can check this in the Fanatec Wheel Properties window on the tab Update. If it's not saying "there is a newer firmware available" then you're on the latest firmware. It's also the number that shows on your HUB's display after start-up of the wheel, indeed.
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited December 2016
    Anybody else has problems with some console/pc games/sims with excessive forces? In my case one example is XOne's Assetto Corsa, I have to put ingame ffb around ~10-13% or driving is impossbile 'cause ffb practically lock steering, if I put it to 100% I can't even turn to wheel(or it would surely break if forced). On pc side AMobilista is similar, I have to put ffb really low to able to drive.

Then in other games/sims everything is normal. But I just wonder if this has something to do with firmwares, or coding in sims, or is there something wrong in my CSW v2?

edit. I have had this problem also in PS4's F1 2015, earlier with some older fw's everything was normal, but about few weeks ago when I tried to drive, it was impossible due spring/ffb lockup. 
  • It's that F-IN X1 FFB protocol. HATE it...have it with PCars, AC etc. Just dial every in game to about 45% wheel spin on or off to own liking and wheel ffb about 55%, with AC that is
  • edited December 2016
    Hi gents, first post, thanks for your hospitality.

Thank you!
    Hi Barry I have the same problem Let us know if you have solved this problem with the V2 base, I have had mine since around April 2016 
    so thinking it could be a batch issue
    Have you managed to sort out the noise and is it a lasting problem that could affect the wheels performance.
    Hope to here from you soon,
    as this coil whine noise can be a tad alarming 

I would just like to add, that i thought it could of been one of the fans, but I could be wrong.
  • Hi, we are working with the following Fanatec Products: 

1. ClubSport Wheel Base V2 Servo US

2. ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub US

We have 3 wheels now – one for development, and two on driving simulators. We are using Windows 10. They are plugged into USB3.0 ports. One wheel is now exhibiting the following behavior:

The START button won’t turn the wheel on.  If I unplug power, wait, and plug it in it will start and Windows pops a message up that the wheel was started in Update Mode, and provides two choices: Restart and Update. If I choose Restart, it seems to start OK and all the red LEDs are lit around the START button. See info below.

The wheel repeatedly connects and disconnects very quickly (few times/second).  We are monitoring it through our software.  It does not stay connected. See info below.

We have a few questions about configuration and updates:

1. Upon connecting the wheel, we ran the updater and are now on Driver 261 and Firmware 204. We realized afterwards that we should have disconnected the Universal Hub from the Wheel Base before updating – what problems does this cause? I did remove the Hub and re-ran the updater without it attached.  Will this return it to the correct state? If not, what do I do?

2. I am seeing now the Universal Hub we are using was made Obsolete. Is it fully compatible with the latest Drivers and Firmware or should I be running an older version?

3. Is it possible to obtain older hex files if we run into a problem during updating? Are there different drivers for the Hub and Base that I need to worry about?  

4. How does the Hub get updated?

Sorry for all the questions – hopefully they are simple!

• After updating my base no longer works. I press the button, the base starts to make a lot of noise and a strong smell of burning. Windows 10 does not detect the base and the steering wheel is not calibrated.

Goodbye to the first season of iracing.
  • Hi, we are working with the following Fanatec Products: 

1. ClubSport Wheel Base V2 Servo US

2. ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub US

We have 3 wheels now – one for development, and two on driving simulators. We are using Windows 10. They are plugged into USB3.0 ports. One wheel is now exhibiting the following behavior:

The START button won’t turn the wheel on.  If I unplug power, wait, and plug it in it will start and Windows pops a message up that the wheel was started in Update Mode, and provides two choices: Restart and Update. If I choose Restart, it seems to start OK and all the red LEDs are lit around the START button. See info below.

The wheel repeatedly connects and disconnects very quickly (few times/second).  We are monitoring it through our software.  It does not stay connected. See info below.

We have a few questions about configuration and updates:

1. Upon connecting the wheel, we ran the updater and are now on Driver 261 and Firmware 204. We realized afterwards that we should have disconnected the Universal Hub from the Wheel Base before updating – what problems does this cause? I did remove the Hub and re-ran the updater without it attached.  Will this return it to the correct state? If not, what do I do?

2. I am seeing now the Universal Hub we are using was made Obsolete. Is it fully compatible with the latest Drivers and Firmware or should I be running an older version?

3. Is it possible to obtain older hex files if we run into a problem during updating? Are there different drivers for the Hub and Base that I need to worry about?  

4. How does the Hub get updated?

Sorry for all the questions – hopefully they are simple!

Regarding the problem wheel: please contact Fanatec Support (phone/email/chat), as it sounds that there is something wrong with the hardware.

Regarding the questions:

1) In the CSW v2 manual I see no mention of having to remove the uHUB before attempting a firmware upgrade. I updated the base firmware numerous times with the uHUB installed, so I'm not sure where that information got from?

2) The uHUB is and will stay fully compatible with the latest driver and firmware versions.

3) If necessary you could revert back to an older driver and install the firmware contained in that driver, or contact Fanatec Support and discuss the issue (they may provide you with an older hex file if deemed necessary). The uHUB contains no (updatable) firmware, only the base does. The driver running on the PC is only one driver for all hardware.

4) See 3), the uHUB does not have updatable firmware.

• After updating my base no longer works. I press the button, the base starts to make a lot of noise and a strong smell of burning. Windows 10 does not detect the base and the steering wheel is not calibrated.

Goodbye to the first season of iracing.
    Sounds like the main PCBA was destroyed (probably nothing to do with the firmware update). Contact Fanatec Support ASAP.
  • Hey Remco, it's true that with our first batch V2 bases the base had to be updated without the X1 Uhub before first use, but I don't know if that's the case with current factory firmware.
This discussion has been closed.