Wishlist for FM7 UPDATE

Comments

• Maybe, but dri also destroy ffb-feel 'cause it makes ffb rubbery and springy. Truth is that we need possibility to adjust spring, damping, wheel weight etc on Xbox One too.
  • That's an X1 problem..not game devs
  • the game dev problem is that they enable an auto center force. Others Xbox One games doesnt have that problem.
  • So, you haven't tried PCars on X1. Those centre forces rip your wrists to pieces when in a crash. And why can't we set SPR, DPR and one other I can't remember right now on X1, and can on pc of PS4 ? It's X1 FFB protocol.
  • hum yes, but games manage it according to the developers Oo

Play Forza 6 or Horizon 2, the wheel doesnt return to center when your stopped Oo
  • William OtisWilliam Otis Member
    edited December 2016
    hum yes, but games manage it according to the developers Oo

Play Forza 6 or Horizon 2, the wheel doesnt return to center when your stopped Oo
    No Force feedback wheel should auto center when the car is sitting still. The centering comes from the front car's tires wanting to straighten out when the vehicle is moving. If anything the wheel should be more difficult to turn while certain cars are sitting still. If a car has power steering of any sort, the wheel should turn fairly easy. If the car doesn't have power steering then you should need a lot of effort to turn the wheel.

And that should be in the game. :)

Thinking a little further into this, auto centering should be as realistic as possible and something that the game handles without the need to change settings on the wheel. Of course the option to adjust it to one's liking should always be available; but out of the box, the game should leave little to be desired in centering settings.

Also could the wheel adjust settings in the game? For example, the game should has a setting that allows the wheel to control the game's FFB output. To do this, I imagine the wheel and the game will have to have a two way communication. And there may be the issue of how does the user initiate the settings. Perhaps one could a hold a button when opening the wheels tuning menu. This would display what the game is set at, and you can change it on the fly, or change it while paused if need be. If this feature isn't available in Multiplayer, that is understandable; but why not do this for single player and non head to head multiplayer (setting ghosts and what not.)?
  • hum yes, but games manage it according to the developers Oo

No Force feedback wheel should auto center when the car is sitting still. The centering comes from the front car's tires wanting to straighten out when the vehicle is moving. If anything the wheel should be more difficult to turn while certain cars are sitting still. If a car has power steering of any sort, the wheel should turn fairly easy. If the car doesn't have power steering then you should need a lot of effort to turn the wheel.

And that should be in the game. :)

Thinking a little further into this, auto centering should be as realistic as possible and something that the game handles without the need to change settings on the wheel. Of course the option to adjust it to one's liking should always be available; but out of the box, the game should leave little to be desired in centering settings.

Also could the wheel adjust settings in the game? For example, the game should has a setting that allows the wheel to control the game's FFB output. To do this, I imagine the wheel and the game will have to have a two way communication. And there may be the issue of how does the user initiate the settings. Perhaps one could a hold a button when opening the wheels tuning menu. This would display what the game is set at, and you can change it on the fly, or change it while paused if need be. If this feature isn't available in Multiplayer, that is understandable; but why not do this for single player and non head to head multiplayer (setting ghosts and what not.)?

i totally agree with you.

the best thing would be this :

Every car game team should try their games with every most popular wheels on the market, find the best config with each of them, and then add theses into the game by defaut. Then when a player start the game with a particular wheel, the game could detect which model it is, and apply the settings the developpers found the best for this wheel.

There is only 1 game i know that do this : Dirt Rally. But there is still a problem.. they stopped to update it, even after launch of new wheels like the CSL Elite, so for CSL elite owners, they have to find by themselve the settings, its boring, etc.

So this is a good way to have a plug and play wheel with a good feeling ingame, but developpers should stay aware of new wheels and update their games to manage them once its available on the market.

On Forza, there is no detection of the model of the wheel at all, the game only detect that this is a wheel... and then we have to find a good config, and in Forza Horizon, there is no perfect config, even after hours trying to change everything, it is wrong managed by the game, that's it :( the wheel always try to return to center, when driving or not, so the ffb is too strong when driving, etc...

i really hope Turn10 and Playground Games are gonna take the Fanatec metting in account, and also in their games that are already in the market (Horizon 3, ..)

I just played Horizon 2 with the CSL Elite, and this is really really good, i think this is the best wheel management in any Forza Game. There are only a few things that are not here, like vibration in the wheel when going fast, or when the rev counter is high, etc, because currently, it feels boring when driving at 350 kph and the wheel doesnt vibrate at all in straight line, like if it is a usual thing...

• FH3 is nowhere near "good ffb". Center zone is too lifeless and there still that same problem which in all Forzas: you either have to keep ffb quite low, or you get that famous excessive spring problem.

If you need good ffb with XOne, Dirt rally is maybe the best(and it has those wheel ffb options which are needed for all games) and Assetto has decent. pCars has its problems but at least there's ten or more ffb-options which you can tinker).

When using my CSW v2-base with CSL P1-rim, FM5 is better drive than FM6. But in general I can't stop wondering why they are so clueless and incompetent in Turn10 to do these things right. It's not rocket science.
  • No matter what i have no faith that Future Forza Games will turn out to be anything other than GARBAGE!!!

It was Great for controller Racing But has been Nothing but a Huge let down with Wheel Physics.

• If we are talking game play, then improved pit strategy would be nice, tires-no tires ... fuel load taken , either in 1/4-1/2-3/4-full or in liters,  all effecting the pit stop time. Also they need to fix the pit exit in game where cars will damage the motor because they don't match the gear to the pit road RPM..  
  • I have a meeting with the team of Turn 10 this week and we will discuss several things we could do together for their next title of Forza Motorsport.

If you would like to add something, please let me know. Please tell me any wheel/pedal/shifter related issues you have in FM6 and let us know what new features you would like to see supported in FM7.

Please do not list any other things as we will only discuss issues or features related to our products.

This is your chance to change something!

UPDATE

I had a very good meeting with them and I am happy to report that there is a good chance that a lot of things will change for the better in upcoming FM titles. There is a new person who is responsible for physics and force feedback and this is a "wheel guy". He is a real world racer with car engineering background and very familiar with PC simracing.

The PC market seems very important for them and they are aware that this market is dominated by wheel users. Therefore  we will intensify our co-operation and get the best out of the games for wheel users.

I cannot confirm at this point what features can be implemented but the interest to do so is very high. 

:-bd

Please continue to give me feedback and I will make sure that you will be heard.
    Great news indeed! I've been a fan of the Forza franchise for a very long time but felt that FM6 wasn't all it could have been.

I'm not sure, however, to what extent Fanatec is involved with the FM franchise. For example, is it only limited to wheels, physics and FFB? Or will there be involvement in other areas like car sounds and game features as well? 

• Make support for older CSW v1. Forza Motorsport 6 Apex or Horizon 3 doest support.
  • Make support for older CSW v1. Forza Motorsport 6 Apex or Horizon 3 doest support.
    Did you update the V1 to latest firmware
  • we need to Forzy 7 classification. We play our own race without classification this super racing game on the class below. It would improve the bots? Cornering is terribly slow. We want to save the setting back race.

• I would like to see more of a focus towards drag racing, not really like drag focused cars, but being able to set up a car for that. 
    Also along with handbrake you could maybe have a setting for it to be used as a line locker if drag racing is implemented in the game. 
    I would like to see a launch control feature added and a longer start sequence on races so it could be used. I really have nothing to say about wheel usage cause the wheel I had was a cheap walmart one cause I never really had the money to spend on the big fancy set ups.
    Did you update the V1 to latest firmware
    Yes. 
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited December 2016
    Merry Xmas (Happy Holidays) everyone :smile:
    Sorry for the off topic post... but I just wanted to wish everyone all the best, and hope you are all enjoying the holidays.
    Here's to a fantastic 2017!
    Best Wishes
    Nat~
  • Just noticed they have put many more options for wheel settings in FH3(advanced wheel settings), anyone yet found "best" settings for CSW v2/Un.hub? Hopefully those will be added to FM6 too.
  • Just noticed they have put many more options for wheel settings in FH3(advanced wheel settings), anyone yet found "best" settings for CSW v2/Un.hub? Hopefully those will be added to FM6 too.
    I'm pretty sure the advanced settings are already part of FM6, but I'll double check. 
    go to : options tab >controller/wheel >X advanced ....
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited December 2016
    No, I mean new options there, minimum force/ damping/ spring force etc, they weren't there before. Last time when I check FM6 options ended to rotation and force/vibrations. Maybe Turn10 finally has realised how dumb they've been all the time. Now if they would just move cpit view way more forward/add adjustment to it.

Edit. And this all on Xbox One.
  • learn something new everyday..... thanks Rami ,never noticed the additional settings for the wheel in horizion
  • No, I mean new options there, minimum force/ damping/ spring force etc, they weren't there before. Last time when I check FM6 options ended to rotation and force/vibrations. Maybe Turn10 finally has realised how dumb they've been all the time. Now if they would just move cpit view way more forward/add adjustment to it.

Edit. And this all on Xbox One.

Rami, there are several settings on a thread on the Forza forum for Horizon 3. They are under a thread called Thanks T10/PG for the new wheel settings, or something very close. I posted mine there and several others posted theirs as well. Mine has since been changed as it was a bit too stiff and I have not updated it yet ( still fine tuning ) a player named Road Puke has dome pretty good settings on there and my new settings are based off of his settings.
  • Here are the wheel related things I'd like to see -improved FFB simulation, proper self aligning torque, no more artificial spring -make use of the LCD on fanatec wheels (option for current speed, current gear etc) -hanbrake support -wheel specific cockpit view with adjustable FOV (like they showed at e3) -option for shifting mode that matches the car (stick, sequential, paddle) -ability to adjust wheel setting in the pause menu, nothing worse than having to back out to the main menu to make adjustments. -auto rotation settings (this will only work properly if they decide to do the correct steering lock angle on all cars) That's all I can think of right now
  • Not wheel related but triple screen compatibly would be great
  • The most important thing would be to work on the physics of the car because the current physics is terrible, 90% of the car glide no traction. Physics is one big arcade like NFS game. To be honest, better physics has FM3 than FM6.
  • 小龙 陈小龙 陈 Member
    edited January 2017
    Congratulations
  • Unorganized list:

- T10 recommended FFB profiles in addition to stock settings (Drift, GT, open wheel, etc)
    - True brake lock up mapping to ClubSport vibration motors. Adjustable through in game settings PER CAR!!!! (ABS=/=Non-ABS cars!)
    - Fanaleds type functionality or direct support
    - Mobile device display support (rear view mirror, telemetry, etc)
    - Button box support. Please let us map buttons to ANY input device not just the damn wheel.
    - A Fanatec livery. Maybe even device exclusive liveries. (CSL owners redeem code for special livery)
    - When I race online, I would like to know what wheel my opponents are using (Gran Turismo had this). This great marketing if a Thrustmaster user keeps getting beat by a Fanatec user :P
    - Adjustable understeer and oversteer effect settings (a la Assetto Corsa)
    - Ability to adjust FFB settings while in game (on track). Too many sims don't do this. Pause, bring up FFB menu, change settings.
    - No steering wobble down straights
    - FFB clipping detection

More to come later.
  • Please let there be ClubSport handbrake support as i just bought a whole bunch of new Fanatec products to enjoy drifting in Forza Horizon 3 and the surprise was that the game does not support handbrake, were in the game control tuning menu it has handbrake tuning adjustability.
  • Ilija ILchEIlija ILchE Member
    edited February 2017
    my idea forza motorsport 7
    VW GOLF MK2 G60 4WD 160 HP instead VW GOLF MK2 16V FWD 137 HP
    1.8 G60[20]1988–19911,781 cc (108.7 cu in)PG (G60)162 PS (160 hp; 119 kW) @ 5600 rpm225 N·m (166 lb·ft) @ 4000 rpm141 mph (227 km/h)8.3
  • Ilija ILchEIlija ILchE Member
    edited February 2017
    my idea forza motorsport 7
    VW PASSAT B3 VR6