New Tuning parameter "Force Effects Intensity" (FEI) - Beta Firmware & Survey

Comments

• I have the same problems as with v289. Tuning menu on wheel opens itself. 

CSL Elite, P1 Wheel, CSL Elite Pedals with Load Cell
    Xbox One, Assetto Corsa, Forza Motorsport
    Chris Broshar  should i open a case because of my problem?

• I have the same problems as with v289. Tuning menu on wheel opens itself. 

CSL Elite, P1 Wheel, CSL Elite Pedals with Load Cell
    Xbox One, Assetto Corsa, Forza Motorsport
    Chris Broshar  should i open a case because of my problem?
    Yes, at this point I would. Support is great and will step you through possible fixes. They will probably need a video of the issue so you can be pro active and have it ready for them when they ask. ;)
  • Ok, they should already have a video because we had the same problem with v289 firmware. only solution was to install v261 :(
  • Hi all,

So I re installed project cars to test with the new update following my Assetto Corsa testing. I had some issues tuning Project Cars and even with the FEI setting I think the game as a whole will be very difficult to tune for console users and i'd like to express my thoughts as to why.

1. The wheel (CSL) Is recognised as a CSW V2 (PS4). For me this is the first issue as the games interpretation and delivery of forces to a wheel that isn't the actual hardware that you're using can be problematic. Even using other community setups I think the nature of the wheel not being recognised as a CSL brings issues itself. I'm aware Project Cars 2 is supported for the CSL PS4. With this in mind that itself is a big hurdle trying to build settings to be used on a wheel the settings aren't designed for. 

2. The in game settings. For me this was the biggest downfall of the game irrespective of what wheel you was using. I found the settings far too over engineered and whilst you would be expected to achieve this on your own in a real car, I don't feel the assistance to support you with that was offered in enough detail from the game to complement what you was trying to achieve therefore making it very challenging to dial in.

3. The different schemes for FFB. This again relates to point two, the game having so many different settings the overall setting you select may not be suitable for global settings you've adopted therefore rendering the settings counter productive. I believe if the game was designed into categories which it now has been for Project Cars 2 it would be far easier to build the overall profile you wanted both in game and for the wheel itself.

To close, Whilst Project Cars 1 is still playable and enjoyable to a point on PS4, I feel because of the compatibility issues and the complexity of the force feedback system I don't believe this title is a good way to contextualise the effectiveness of the FEI setting.With F1 2017 available next week Project Cars 2 in September and closing with GT Sport in October for PS4 users I think we can collate greater research on how the setting effects the wheels performance and pin down to the Fanatec team of any changes in due course.

Until then I suggest for PS4 at least we use Assetto Corsa as the benchmark as the game recognises the CSL Base and that's where I've seen the biggest benefits and improvements with the FEI setting but again I would prefer to see a profiling system to aid in dialling in the FFB between titles given there is 5 setup options available per wheel.

Hope this helps!
    I have explored Pcars FFB settings to the Fullest PC/ PS4 & XB1!!!! Most of the settings are Redundent and Not Needed....While it is or can be a Enjoyable Game to Play it is Lacking in Cornering Road Feel VS Assetto Corsa ---> Pcars Has a Rubberband Road Feel that you can Not Dial out. The Key to Controlling PCars Harsh FFB effects is TF 75 (can be set to taste) <--- Constant wheel Weight/Torque , RAG 100 <--- FFB Max Power Level of FFB Forces * this should always be set to 100/1.0 No Matter what ... Its purpose is to be a Limiter ---> any force that try to Rise/Spike rise above this will be Cut. RAC 75 or Less <--- RAC directly sets the power Limit of FFB Spikes and Must be set Accordingly ---> Ex: When you cut the power off to a Fan the Fan blades will keep spinning until the residual Power Dissapates ---> The FFB is the same way RAC 75 stops adding power to FFB at 75% but FFB power will continue to Spike until the residual power wears off. if your wheel is Rattling too Much Lower RAC until Rattling stops or FFB Effects curbs, Rumble strips etc feel Good to you ---> RAB sets the time that FFB power will be cut to create changes in Wheel weight to Create FFB effects feel ---> a Good starting point is 0.08 ---> all this info can be found in My thread AKA GrimeyDog ---> Pcars Forum "Lets talk FFB thread" you can find it in the PS4 section \m/ Feel Free to post if you like i have Moved on to R3E and AC but i will update the Thread with additional info if any 1 Needs Help..... Be warned its alot of Reading ---> 750+ pages LOL
    Based upon these baseline settings for the PS4 at least I found the wheel was ratting far more over a curb, not so much on a light brush but if you was take it say on a chicane for example you would get a quite severe rattle. I have the FEI at 007. I think on the whole as your post suggest project cars one really isn't a good indicator as to how effective the FEI setting is for the CSL wheel base. Perhaps with Project Cars 2 but as a title in it's current state I really don't think the game hands itself well to FFB settings for the CSL in addition to it being recognised as a CSW V2 which have different internal properties. 

I'll be testing F1 2017 on Friday and will update the post accordingly. 
  • the update is great, Just wondering guys i had a G29 and it felt great because i got the settings off youtube, This Fanatec doesn't feel as good, just hoping that someone who plays Project cars might like to share there Fanatec setup and i'm hopeless i tried to set mine up and f%$# it up:( please help
  • the update is great, Just wondering guys i had a G29 and it felt great because i got the settings off youtube, This Fanatec doesn't feel as good, just hoping that someone who plays Project cars might like to share there Fanatec setup and i'm hopeless i tried to set mine up and f%$# it up:( please help
    I'm in the same situation when it comes to my setup. I upgraded from a T300rs I had used an adaptation of the Jack Spades FFB Classic setting which took a long time to tweak. One thing to remember the CSL Elite is running as a CSW V2 so the inputs and the resolutions will be different between wheels. I used the proposed settings above from and gave my view point. I don;t believe it's possible to dial in with the CSL purely because the title doesn't recognise the wheel as a CSL and furthermore the pcars database website which I used for each car and wheel setup which I then worked from doesn't list the CSL only CSW V2 so I must say I really don't believe Project Cars 1 will be viable as a console racer for Fanatec wheels. Assetto Corsa felt good, with the right FEI and DRI settings I was pleased and I'm testing F1 2017 in the coming days when it arrives.

But unfortunately I don't see Fanatec setups really enhancing the game past what you're probably experiencing already. 

• I've been testing Assetto Corsa with the BMW GT2 Rim on PS4 this afternoon. 

Settings: (In game)

FFB 100%
    Road 40%
    Curb 40%

Wheel Settings:

SEN - Auto
    FF - 100
    SHO - 100
    ABS - 100 (Clubsport BMW & Formula Carbon)
    Dri -1
    FOR - 100
    SPR - 100
    DPR - 100
    BRF - 030
    FEI - 006

My findings have been rather negative. I appear to of lost the detail in my forces. The wheel feels very light almost floating with no real indication as to what the car is doing vs the inputs I make. Before I was running the same settings but DRI - Off FOR - 120 SPR 120. I found these settings to be well detailed with the Formula Carbon rim and was anticipating a similar if not better experience with the BMW rim with the intro of the FEI Setting.

I've been playing a lot of Project Cars lately as noted above so I was under the impression AC would feel as good as it did but following my initial tests (BMW GT2 - Spa) (Ferrari 488GTE - Brands Hatch GP) Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 (Imola) I'm left feeling quite puzzled. I'm not aware of any patches or updates to the CSL firmware since my previous test but the force feedback I was getting previously isn't there and it can make driving very difficult without having the details back through your hands.

Whilst we're "testing" I feel as mentioned previously if Fanatec are looking to introduce this formally for the CSL bases then perhaps the CSL itself requires its own force feed back profiles? Due to the nature of every title being different if we ourselves are unable to obtain the feelings we desire perhaps templates which we can adapt from would be more beneficial. But i'm unsure how that work in practice.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples views, but something definitely feels different. I put it down to Project Cars being complicated and not designed for the CSL but it seems the feelings have translated to Assetto Corsa as well. 

I tested for around an hour and a half. 
    I'm in the same situation when it comes to my setup. I upgraded from a T300rs I had used an adaptation of the Jack Spades FFB Classic setting which took a long time to tweak. One thing to remember the CSL Elite is running as a CSW V2 so the inputs and the resolutions will be different between wheels. I used the proposed settings above from and gave my view point. I don;t believe it's possible to dial in with the CSL purely because the title doesn't recognise the wheel as a CSL and furthermore the pcars database website which I used for each car and wheel setup which I then worked from doesn't list the CSL only CSW V2 so I must say I really don't believe Project Cars 1 will be viable as a console racer for Fanatec wheels. Assetto Corsa felt good, with the right FEI and DRI settings I was pleased and I'm testing F1 2017 in the coming days when it arrives.

But unfortunately I don't see Fanatec setups really enhancing the game past what you're probably experiencing already. 

Thanks mate i kind of agree, Where are you based I'm from Sydney AUS, I might think about the racing league if its not to troubling time zones
  • Hi, just a headsup.

I tried the V291? drivers and the 296FW (which i think was beta) the other month, the rim was doing some sporadic wheel presses so i binned it off and went back to my trusty 206FW

I've just installed the 311FW and same issue, I only notice it because the PRESS of my directional toggle I use to centre my VR. both the 296 and 311 Firmware updates both give me sporadic presses of this, which is obviously quite disorientating given the commands I've assigned it to. 

Have gone back to 206 and all is good.

Thanks

Chris

CSL base
    CSL P1 rim xbox
    CSL elite pedals
    CSW V1.5sq shifter
    Fanatec Handbrake
  • Hi, just a headsup.

I tried the V291? drivers and the 296FW (which i think was beta) the other month, the rim was doing some sporadic wheel presses so i binned it off and went back to my trusty 206FW

I've just installed the 311FW and same issue, I only notice it because the PRESS of my directional toggle I use to centre my VR. both the 296 and 311 Firmware updates both give me sporadic presses of this, which is obviously quite disorientating given the commands I've assigned it to. 

Thanks

Chris

CSL base
    CSL P1 rim xbox
    CSL elite pedals
    CSW V1.5sq shifter
    Fanatec Handbrake
    Chris, I'd contact Fanatec support as they will be the best in finding a solution and they can ask specific questions that will narrow down the issue. Two ways to contact support. Either use the support chat option on the home page --Red box on the right side. Which is the quickest btw. Or open a standard support ticket.
  • Evening all,

Sp i've today received my F1 2017 copy (PS4) and started using the Fanatec Clubsport Formula Rim. Out the box the wheel automatically changed to the degree's of rotation by game in this case I believe 360', I found the FFB overpowering for the CSL Elite with extreme rattling this was with stock FFB Settings FEI was set at 006 at this stage.

After completing several time trials at different tracks in different conditions I reduced the weight of the wheel to 75 which seems on the surface to have a good weight without feeling like a real struggle to get the car turned in especially when you have little rotation. The FFB sliders however are ones which i've found real difficulty with. The master FFB slider is at 75 and whilst rattling has reduced it's still an issue even though i've put up the FEI to 7.

I'm unsure whether adjusting the other sliders would be more beneficial than the master FFB slider but I think in the early development of not only the FEI firmware but also Fanatec to PS4 it will take some time to really find the intricate details in setting wheels up per title and I think that's where as a community we can really help Fanatec develop the updates we look for. 

On first reflection for a Codemasters and F1 title I was impressed with the levels of detail in the FFB and it's delivery but unfortunately like other titles the rattling was very severe on standardised settings so will take refinement I think over time to find a strong setup.

But otherwise another great delivery on performance from Fanatec and you can certainly see the potential the hardware has to offer I just hope that together we can help tailor this to give the best non DD wheel package on consoles. 
  • Hi all,

Following the update now in its 3 week how have people found it?

My biggest challenges has been calibrating the FFB settings with the new FEI Settings. On Assetto Corsa for example the settings I use on the Clubsport Formula Rim feel very floaty and non existent on the BMW Rim and I prefer to use different rims depending on the car that's being driven.

As for F1 2017 the settings feel okay but I notice distinct rattle in this game with the FEI at a medium setting vs it being virtually silent on the same settings in Assetto Corsa or project cars when tested. For me the biggest issue is understanding what connotations the settings have on the wheel and in turn the games,

I think personally the only way that we can really sort this is that if we had a profile system. Something like Sim Commander but a far more simplified version, I think due to Fanatec's introduction to the console market it'll take a long time before we really find the perfect balance between performance and usability and I think given the company work with the developers they would be able to determine this better than ourselves.

Be interested to hear other people's thoughts.
  • edited August 2017
    Hi, just a headsup.

Thanks

Chris

I am also discovering unusual presses with 311, (spotted that some car settings i have assigned to right joystick was going on and off by itself) 
    installed this last night and had troubles in AC and R3E, on the first curve on any track with any car (both rims and both sims) wheel were locking and then it was rotating itself to full left or right and start shaking, olny solution was to power off with power button(making impossible to drive), also noticed that once rotated fully left or right it's also going off.
    went to fanatec driver software to check and also when fully rotaded L/R it was going off for a second. 
    was ok in RF2 from quick check i did. it was late. i am gonna play with it tonight when back from work.

also noticed that handbrake wasn't smooth as usual while calibrating in fanatec drivers soft. 

i hope it didn't broke my wheel.

gonna install V206 back cause this isn't working for me and i'm signed to different leagues so this would mess up everything (understand is beta)

not sure is it something to do but i'am using SEN046 or something close to it for the racecars, for F1 cars SEN032

CSL elite base
    BMW & F1 rims
    Clubsport v3 pedals
    Clubsport V1.5sq shifter
    Fanatec Handbrake
  • edited August 2017

(V292) After some tests (pcars/f1 2017 at ps4 with F-Rim/BMW-Rim) i set FEI to 0. I don`t like it at the moment.

Ok, it is an additional opportunity and better than nothing, but (in my opinion) not fully developed/used by Fanatec or game-designers. At lower numeric values nothing happened/no effect, at higher values the rattling is damped, but the ffb feels strange/rubberlike/unnatural/not sensitive (can`t describe it better).

Btw: FFB is always a matter of Taste. For me F1 2017 is ok and the rattling tolerable with (ingame) additional effects (ontrack/rumblestrip/offtrack) at 0, ffb at 60-65, wheel weight at 75, understeer on (base values all at default).

• Where do we find the latest firmware to install this much needed feature? I've tried to perform an update but that gives me the same Driver 289 and Firmware 297
  • Where do we find the latest firmware to install this much needed feature? I've tried to perform an update but that gives me the same Driver 289 and Firmware 297
    In Thomas's initial post in this thread you'll find a blank white piece of paper with a folded corner. That's the download
    In Thomas's initial post in this thread you'll find a blank white piece of paper with a folded corner. That's the download
    Thank you.
  • Ich finde den Standard FEI 000 immer noch am besten mit Assetto Corsa (PC). bis 002 könnte ich damit leben. alles andere fühlte sich direkt seltsam an. als ob alles etwas zu spät ankommt. 
    Ich muss dazu sagen dass ich keine Probleme vorher hatte mit irgendwelchen ratternden Geräuschen.
    Vielleicht habe ich einfach nur die richtigen Settings :D
    (über 3000 stunden Assetto Corsa, also Erfahrungswert hoch)

• Ich finde den Standard FEI 000 immer noch am besten mit Assetto Corsa (PC). bis 002 könnte ich damit leben. alles andere fühlte sich direkt seltsam an. als ob alles etwas zu spät ankommt. 
    Ich muss dazu sagen dass ich keine Probleme vorher hatte mit irgendwelchen ratternden Geräuschen.
    Vielleicht habe ich einfach nur die richtigen Settings :D
    (über 3000 stunden Assetto Corsa, also Erfahrungswert hoch)

Forum is English Only Christian, Apologies. 
  • Danke für die wertvolle Information :)

• Hi all,

Been testing F1 2017 for a few days now and i'm really struggling with wheel settings both on the whee itself and in game.

The wheel is set to default parameters asides DRI is off and FEI is currently 010. The in game settings are Vibration and FF at 60 wheel rotation 360 wheel weight 70 and the rest at 100.

Yet when driving whether modern or old cars I still experience a strong rattle even with the FEI at max and the wheel feels very heavy under turning. Not sure if there's a calibration issue as the wheel turns past 360 and I have the SEN at AUT but, I find it very difficult to feel what the car is doing and get wheel moving in a free yet informative manner. 

So far i've not been able to enjoy F1 fully with the Formula Carbon and even with the FEI maxed I still experience a medium to strong mechanical rattle.

Be interested to knkow other peoples views on this as currently i'm unsure as to what I can tune and change to get the wheel setup suitably.

Again reiterating my point from previous posts. I feel for future titles Fanatec themselves if possible would be better creating profiles that we ourselves can select based upon different settings for the wheels in game. Strong FFB, Medium, Low and within that the settings adjust accordingly. I think that itself would actually give users a much greater chance of building custom profiles around the in game settings alongside the wheel instead of currently in my experiences at least not being able to utilise the hardware to its full potential with poor indications as to how the wheel settings effect the in game settings and vice versa. More information would be needed to define what changes this would bring to educate us especially if we''ve not used Fanatec products before on how our wheels change. 
  • Ciao, sono diversi giorni che sto provando il nuovo Firmware con Project Cars su Ps4 , utilizzando sempre la stessa macchina è la stessa pista spostando il valore da 0 a 10 con una cadenza di circa 2 ore. Constatando che valori alti rendono il volante poco sensibile nel trasmettere le sensazioni della macchina. Valori medi da 4 a 6 riescono a trasmettere bene tutte le sensazioni della macchina permettendo la creazione di un settaggio. Tenendo un valore da 0 a 3 i miei preferiti ho una percezione dei movimenti della macchina perfettamente, con l'unico difetto dovuto all'aumento del rumore della base, che a me personalmente non dispiace quando si passa sopra i cordoli si percepisce il rumore del fine corsa degli ammortizzatori . Grazie Roberto Visentin
  • Ciao, sono diversi giorni che sto provando il nuovo Firmware con Project Cars su Ps4 , utilizzando sempre la stessa macchina è la stessa pista spostando il valore da 0 a 10 con una cadenza di circa 2 ore. Constatando che valori alti rendono il volante poco sensibile nel trasmettere le sensazioni della macchina. Valori medi da 4 a 6 riescono a trasmettere bene tutte le sensazioni della macchina permettendo la creazione di un settaggio. Tenendo un valore da 0 a 3 i miei preferiti ho una percezione dei movimenti della macchina perfettamente, con l'unico difetto dovuto all'aumento del rumore della base, che a me personalmente non dispiace quando si passa sopra i cordoli si percepisce il rumore del fine corsa degli ammortizzatori . Grazie Roberto Visentin
    Roberto, this is english only. Can you translate your post? 
  • Hi all,

Been testing F1 2017 for a few days now and i'm really struggling with wheel settings both on the whee itself and in game.

The wheel is set to default parameters asides DRI is off and FEI is currently 010. The in game settings are Vibration and FF at 60 wheel rotation 360 wheel weight 70 and the rest at 100.

Yet when driving whether modern or old cars I still experience a strong rattle even with the FEI at max and the wheel feels very heavy under turning. Not sure if there's a calibration issue as the wheel turns past 360 and I have the SEN at AUT but, I find it very difficult to feel what the car is doing and get wheel moving in a free yet informative manner. 

So far i've not been able to enjoy F1 fully with the Formula Carbon and even with the FEI maxed I still experience a medium to strong mechanical rattle.

Be interested to knkow other peoples views on this as currently i'm unsure as to what I can tune and change to get the wheel setup suitably.

Again reiterating my point from previous posts. I feel for future titles Fanatec themselves if possible would be better creating profiles that we ourselves can select based upon different settings for the wheels in game. Strong FFB, Medium, Low and within that the settings adjust accordingly. I think that itself would actually give users a much greater chance of building custom profiles around the in game settings alongside the wheel instead of currently in my experiences at least not being able to utilise the hardware to its full potential with poor indications as to how the wheel settings effect the in game settings and vice versa. More information would be needed to define what changes this would bring to educate us especially if we''ve not used Fanatec products before on how our wheels change. 
    1. Set SEn to 360 instead of Automatic.
    2. I use these settings in game: 
    Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 100
    On Track Effects: 30
    Rumblestrip Effects: 30
    Off Track Effects: 30
    Wheel Weight: 65
    Understeer Enhance: ON

For me this feels pretty nice tbh, well done Codemasters. If they now can fix all of the hundreds bugs in the game I would be very happy with this game.
  • Hi all,

1. Set SEn to 360 instead of Automatic.
    2. I use these settings in game: 
    Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 100
    On Track Effects: 30
    Rumblestrip Effects: 30
    Off Track Effects: 30
    Wheel Weight: 65
    Understeer Enhance: ON

For me this feels pretty nice tbh, well done Codemasters. If they now can fix all of the hundreds bugs in the game I would be very happy with this game.
    Thanks i'll try these settings.
  • Hi Guys,

I've had to turn the FEI setting up to 10 in both F1 and Assetto Corsa to stop major rattles. I've worked off the standard FFB parameters that are set in the two titles and had good results from an above post in F1 2017. Although the wheel still rattles for me using Clubsport Formula & BMW GT2 Rim's.

Has anyone else had any differences in the feel of the wheel since the updates inception?

Be interested to hear peoples thoughts. 

• In the Download section you will find a newer driver (292) then the one in the ZIP file.
  • In the Download section you will find a newer driver (292) then the one in the ZIP file.
    I have the 312 driver installed currently.
  • edited September 2017
    I personally like the FEI/softstart whatever you like to call it but to a certain degree. I believe this is a setting of personal taste and should be set around halfway for default. to little, the wheelbase is rattling but FFB is sharp, to much the wheel gets lazy/in-responsive.

I,m not very experienced yet with simracing/wheels but a other thing i noticed trying various settings is the following; When set master FFB high you have great ffb detail for al settings but find it almost impossible to make sharp turns! But if you want to lighten this effect a other details gets lost as well and have almost no feedback left in wheel? i hoped you could tweak this with force but nothing happens to this effect. it feels now if you are trying to turn the wheel standing still with no powersteering. I want the force to hit hard when needed, preserve fine details, but still make it possible to make sharp turns without having to rip the wheel off the base.
    Or is this just my rookie-ness? (game played A/Corsa PS4)