Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• There has been a change in the wheel drivers code that makes a little difference regarding the wheels behaviour around the center after Patch 1.06 But that has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of support for the CSL ELITE PS4 EDITION... the changes where implemented to the likes of the G29 owners around! Remember there had already been a change in Patch 1.05 regarding the G29‘s Dead Zone Problems. That is the point of having our CSL Elite heavy oscillating with constant forces at 0 Degree center. I hope this will be fixed asap... Polyphony could already change G29 wheel driver problems 2 times... Fanatec seems not to be the priority when adressing compatibility problems... sad.
  • so guys what's the "best " settings in game and on wheel with csl elite and PS4 mode compatibilyty  < purple mode > ? coudl someone post it  ?
  • SEN:AUT ABS:OFF SHO:OFF DRI:-05 FF/FOR/SPR/DPR:100 BRF:80 FEI:60 In-Game: 5/1
  • There is something I don't quite get about the CSL. The quick release system is not a real quick release system. But that's because of the wheel and not the base right? So if I were to buy the F1 carbon wheel or the BMW GT2, the quick release system would be working on the CSL base like the V2.5???
  • Henri R said:
    There is something I don't quite get about the CSL. The quick release system is not a real quick release system. But that's because of the wheel and not the base right? So if I were to buy the F1 carbon wheel or the BMW GT2, the quick release system would be working on the CSL base like the V2.5???
    Hole in one
  • Henri R said:
    There is something I don't quite get about the CSL. The quick release system is not a real quick release system. But that's because of the wheel and not the base right? So if I were to buy the F1 carbon wheel or the BMW GT2, the quick release system would be working on the CSL base like the V2.5???
    Yes the CSL Elite wheel doesn't have the full QR system to make it less expensive. 
  • Hi All, I'm new to Fanatec and I have only start usig the CSL elite PS4 and v3i pedals and 1.5 shifter for two days coming from a t150. It took me an evening to set everything up and learn how the wheel works. I play GT Sport a lot and it really feels awesome in purple mode. Got already 3 seconds off my fastest lap on nordschliefe with room to improve (Gr.3 FT-1 VGT - 6:06.7 with performance and weight tune). So happy with the new setup. I want to share my settings that can maybe help others: These are the only settings that work for me on GT Sport and I tried all different combinations. Controller sensitivity: 0, Force feedback Max Torque: 2, Force feedback Sensitivity: 1. Changing this to other values gives me unwanted forces. On wheel I noticed S_1 doesnt have drift -5, so I used S_3: Sen: AUT, FF: 80 (change if u like more or less ff), Sho: 100, ABS: 100 (i prefer abs and pedal vibration when fully pressed), drI: -05, For: 100, SPr: 100, dPr: OFF (ON feels a bit strange), brF: 100, FEI: OFF (prefer OFF in purple). This gear did make me become fanatec :-). Cheers
  • In windows 8.1 I have to open devices to access the game controllers app to make adjustments to my wheel whith v293. Can I uninstall v293 and install v292 for more compatibility?
  • Hi All, I'm new to Fanatec and I have only start usig the CSL elite PS4 and v3i pedals and 1.5 shifter for two days coming from a t150. It took me an evening to set everything up and learn how the wheel works. I play GT Sport a lot and it really feels awesome in purple mode. Got already 3 seconds off my fastest lap on nordschliefe with room to improve (Gr.3 FT-1 VGT - 6:06.7 with performance and weight tune). So happy with the new setup. I want to share my settings that can maybe help others: These are the only settings that work for me on GT Sport and I tried all different combinations. Controller sensitivity: 0, Force feedback Max Torque: 2, Force feedback Sensitivity: 1. Changing this to other values gives me unwanted forces. On wheel I noticed S_1 doesnt have drift -5, so I used S_3: Sen: AUT, FF: 80 (change if u like more or less ff), Sho: 100, ABS: 100 (i prefer abs and pedal vibration when fully pressed), drI: -05, For: 100, SPr: 100, dPr: OFF (ON feels a bit strange), brF: 100, FEI: OFF (prefer OFF in purple). This gear did make me become fanatec :-). Cheers

Thanks for sharing - i will give your settings a try!

• Any news from PD about Fanatec Native support?
  •  misleading advertising under consumer rights act. i think in 11 days i will be asking for a full refund. 

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
     misleading advertising under consumer rights act. i think in 11 days i will be asking for a full refund. 

Hi Nadiem,

would you please let us know more details what you mean?
  •  misleading advertising under consumer rights act. i think in 11 days i will be asking for a full refund. 

Hi Nadiem,

would you please let us know more details what you mean?
    I purchased the product which was advertised on the Fanatec website  as gt sport full support. before  Fanatec made the changes. and project cars 2 full support not purple mode. not emulating as logitech wheel.   We were then  informed by Thomas by the end of the year GT sport will be in blue mode as PD has given him full assurance for  full compatabilty.  Gt sport has been updated 3 times so far and still no native support for this wheel. I have a wheel which still is emulating as a logitech for gt sport. not full support for a fanatec ps4 licensed wheel. the main resaon why i purchased this wheel. 
  • Im slowly getting mad aswell. If i wouldnt have such a great time driving this wheel in iRacing and Raceroom on PC i would've sent it back. Still i bought a PS4 Pro with GT Sport and was really looking forward to it with my new wheel. But since 1.05 its unplayable for me. I hate the heavy oscilation when the race starts  (where the other guy in this comment section cut his finger) and the extreme shaking in the center position on straights. I know its not "unplayable" but its not even a consumer expirience. You have to use a workaround for a workaround and so on... this is not what it should be. In the end you can only play it by using a so soft FF that you can hardly feel anything. I think i would be faster if i would train with the controller because handling a car with a wheel without forces is nuts and with forces it feels like it would break my base on the straights or shakes extrem on the start.

Sorry guys i really really hope this will be fixed until 01.01.2018! I always thought it might be fixed until my holiday but no here i sit - having holiday and still cant enjoy GT Sport.

And yes i tried tons of diferent settings in game and on the wheel and of course use the latest FW.
    @ Andreas & Nadiem

Thank you for your comments. Who is the one who should integrate an official PS4 licenced wheel into an official Sony studio game, or who is able to do that? Should we lie to you or should we be totally honest with you and forward the information to you which we are getting about the implementation? Right now, we're doing the second.
  • edited December 2017
    Armin, primary it's not about the implementation which of course has to be done by Polyphony Digital and regarding PC2 by Slighty Mad Studios. Here It's more about the promises Fanatec made in this forum and prior to the CSL Elite Release!
    e.g.Thomas Jackermeier said:
    GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.

Simply try to imagine you bought the CSL Elite wheel and some other great Fanatec stuff like the V3 pedals just for playing GT Sport and PC2. Would it be a satisfactory situation for you then? And in addtion to that it would be great to keep your customers informed about the progress of your discussions with the corresponding developers  instead of reducing the communication to a single quite promising statement like this:
     Thomas Jackermeier said:
    SMS changed something fundamental in the communication to our wheels and the intention was to improve ff. Unfortunately this went wrong. But we are in daily contact with them and they work hard on a solution. They love our wheels. AC has great ff on PS 4 and GT Sport works as good as with other wheels. Just the button mapping feels strange as you cannot see our CSL wheel in the options menu. It does work fine though.
  • @ Andreas & Nadiem

Thank you for your comments. Who is the one who should integrate an official PS4 licenced wheel into an official Sony studio game, or who is able to do that? Should we lie to you or should we be totally honest with you and forward the information to you which we are getting about the implementation? Right now, we're doing the second.

• Armin who is the one.who should integrate.. it s not thrustmaster or logitech . i bought a fanatec wheel who have licencsed agreement with sony  to work on gt sport pcars 2 promised by fanatec as above the promises . so i will await tell end of this year.
  • Wow, glad I read this. I just bought a PS4 Pro last Monday with GT Sport, after been ‘without’ a sim racer since GT5 on PS3 with a Logitech FF. Thought I’d go for a proper setup this time, and the CSL Elite wheel and pedals (with additional load cell) seemed the right thing to do based on YouTube reviews. Registered to this site and was about to place an order ... until I read this tread. Had a quick look at the controller menu in GT Sport and indeed: no Fanatec !!! There’s no way that I am going to spend 600+ Euro for a wheel that does not have developer’s support. A real pity as I was really looking forward to this. More research to do for me now then, as I will have to go for a ‘toy’wheel again ... :-( Regards, Pascal.
  • Stephen SimsStephen Sims Member
    edited December 2017
    Why has my post been deleted ?

Other people have made reference to my post above, dont worry Ill post what I just sent you.  Utter joke, aftersales certainly isnt one of Fanatec's main priorities.  

I really am kicking myself for buying this wheel, should have stuck to my T300rs by ther looks of it.......,

• Hi 

As per my forum post which you deleted, your Sony approved wheel has sliced my finger open.  

This happened whilst playing GT Sport, I was awaiting a race to start and when it did the wheel spun violently as per usual. When I tried to stop it, one of the paddle snifters sliced my finger open. Blood everywhere and all over my playseat.

Please advise when it will be safe to use the wheel in GT Sport ?

Kind regards 

Stephen Sims
  • Hi 

As per my forum post which you deleted, your Sony approved wheel has sliced my finger open.  

This happened whilst playing GT Sport, I was awaiting a race to start and when it did the wheel spun violently as per usual. When I tried to stop it, one of the paddle snifters sliced my finger open. Blood everywhere and all over my playseat.

Please advise when it will be safe to use the wheel in GT Sport ?

Kind regards 

Stephen Sims
    ((((wow)))) this is shocking your post has been deleted. Has any other posts been deleted also?
  • it's a shame what shitstorm you're loosing here! clear up your problems with the wheel (I have none, I'm just getting faster and faster) among you from Fanatec! Solutions or serious questions is ok, but what I read here annoys !! unfortunately
  • Well i ended up selling my Ps4 Thrustmaster setup and switched to Fanatec on the promise that Fanatec will be implemented into Gt Sport by the end of the year (Unless K. Yamauchi is a liar) , am i gonna feel sorry for it ? The end of the year is near the the "Big" update in Gt Sport just dropped a few hours ago , still no fanatec implementation . This lets me to believe it will not happen and my hopes are up.
    edited December 2017
    @ Stephen Sims
    Your forum post was answered with additional questions and more technical information from our side, but since you did not pick up the topic again, it had to be deleted since we could not leave it standing like this without having any background information. You did not yet contact our support team about the incident which not so great since we cannot work with you on the case like that. 

@ Thorsten Rinkenberger
    I already commented that totally honestly. You are asking us why me made statements that the wheel will be compatible soon. This is and was my answer:
    "Should we lie to you OR should we be totally honest with you and forward the information to you which we are getting about the implementation?"
    Do you want us NOT to forward any statements/confirmations from other 3rd party developers (eg. all game devs) anymore which are working with us ? Is this what you are requesting?

@ Nadiem
    Sorry but if flaming is the only reason why you are posting, I guess you will not raise your chances that everybody gives the very best to answer your post professionally and truthfully. To answer your question totally honest again: Yes, every now and then a post needs to be deleted, like on ANY website which gives the ability to comment and post. I doubt that it is too hard to understand.
  • I don’t believe it.., What a shame that you are still not able to get Sony/PD to implement the CSL Elite Wheel in the GT Sport Game. Nothing, really nothing happened since launch of the game and by now there are only TWO(!!!) racing titles that support our wheel right, Dirt 4 and F1 2017. Project Cars is messed up, Assetto Corsa isn‘t working right in Blue mode either and with Gt Sport there is a major bug in G29 compatibility mode with oscillating wheels. I think you shouldn‘t advertise the PS4-compatibility since it isn‘t working for most games. We all paid a lot of money and don‘t get the advertised features, that is real sad. Seems Fanatec wheel support is not a priority fot the game developers and you have nothing you can do about it. Thomas constantly talking to PD, SMS, etc. has had no effect and i doubt there will be ever... Nice christmas present for us customers...thank you Thomas!
  • it's a shame what shitstorm you're loosing here! clear up your problems with the wheel (I have none, I'm just getting faster and faster) among you from Fanatec! Solutions or serious questions is ok, but what I read here annoys !! unfortunately
    Gordon, each to their own. Mileages, experiences and expectations vary.

Here's my experience, if it helps a first time visitor to these pages to make an informed decision then it was worth typing.

I was previously a G29 and then T300 user before switching to Fanatec about 9 months ago. I didn't get along with the feel of the gear driven G29. The T300 had a good 'feel' but two failures within 12 months and shockingly poor customer service response (weeks to respond) to direct communications was disappointing. Thankfully, the retailer came good and refunded on both occasions.

So that's the background that prompted my move to Fanatec. It was a big step for me to make such a significant investment and I'll confess that in the first month of ownership of my CSL Elite (PS4) I regretted my purchase. My club sport pedals were magnificent. Sturdy, well built, good design, adjustable and remain an absolute pleasure to own and use. Thumbs up Fanatec.

The wheel base, again, sturdy, well built, smooth and powerful with an added layer of tuning adjustments available, right there on the wheel rim! Thumbs up Fanatec.

But - I had so many frustrating evenings trying to get the 'right feel' on Project Cars 1 and Assetto Corsa. Added to which, I nearly lost a tooth filling every time I ventured near a raised kerb in Project Cars and simply couldn't find the right wheel weight for corners, without amplifying the awful kerb clatter.

I'll confess that I gave up and contacted Fanatec Customer Services for a refund (within the return window). I received a response within 2 hours and all the support I could ask for in arranging a return and refund. Thumbs up Fanatec

With the Fanatec gear back in its box and waiting to be collected by the shipping company, I purchased another T300 and set it up - WHAT THE....... the FFB felt horrible, notchy and 'dull'. It wasn't, of course, it was still the same capable, functional wheel it had always been - but I had gotten used to the smoother, more alive, more detailed and more powerful feel of the Fanatec wheel. 

I had made a mistake, in my haste and impatience I had given up when I was clearly 80% of the way there with my set up efforts. I asked Fanatec Customer Services if they would reverse my return request. As has become the norm when contacting Fanatec, a favourable response came back within 2 hours and I kept my Fanatec gear. Thumbs up Fanatec.

A few weeks later, I had the wheel set up almost perfectly. I say almost, because I had to dial down the force a little lower than I liked, so that the kerb force was manageable for me.

Fanatec technicians came to the rescue though. They released a beta firmware update that gave users the option to turn the kerb forces down without impacting on wheel weight. Thumbs up Fanatec.

However, me and my Fanatec continue to have a love, hate relationship, not unlike owning a classic performance car - when the car is in tune there is no greater pleasure than hitting the open road and enjoying the thrill of driving. When the carburettors are out of balance, it's a pain to start, cuts out at junctions and won't hit peak revs and becomes somewhat less pleasant to drive.

So is the story with my Fanatec

Project Cars 1 works very nicely on my wheel, thanks to great patience and an excellent Fanatec firmware update.

Assetto Corsa also very works nicely on my wheel, again thanks to great patience and an excellent game developer firmware update (not that long ago, the game did not save my wheel profile on shutdown nor allowed me to assign buttons to it. The games developers released an update)

Project Cars 2 hit the stores missfiring like a v12 on 7 cylinders. Full compatibility they said. Supported Fanatec wheel they said. It wouldn't recognise my wheel, the FFB was average (at best) and generally unpleasant and lacked detail - but the important thing to note is that it was not Fanatec who developed or released the game. I knew my wheel was good, so I switched back to PCars 1 and AC whilst SMS got their act together. In the meantime, Fanatec came up with a work around. Switch to Compatibility Mode and crack on. Thumbs up Fanatec.

Then came GT Sport. Full compatibility they said, Again, no wheel recognition and hopeless FFB. But I knew my wheel was good, so I switched back to the other titles and even did a bit in Cars 2 on 'purple mode' while PD get their act together. True to form (unlike PD, who have released 4 patches in 8 weeks without the hit of a fix) Fanatec came up with a work around. Here's a firmware update, select G29 on the GT Sport screen and you're ok to use the wheel, albeit with some features not yet implemented. Thumbs up Fanatec.

So where are we today, after more game patches and many evenings re-tuning FFB settings because of game developers 'tweaking patches'

My CSL Elite is outstanding and a pleasure to use on Project Cars 1 and 2, as with Assetto Corsa too. GT Sport is useable (again providing you are patient and tune to suit) and when PD eventually pull their finger out and patch in full compatibility, I see no reason why my CSL Elite won't be the best option out there for me, on all the titles.

And for those who may be considering a move over to pc in the future, imo, my CSL Elite (PS4) on R3E and rFactor2 on pc is outstanding with staggeringly impressive detail and feedback.

The marketplace is good for us. There are choices for those who want to plug in and forget, right through to those who want the best possible immersive experience they can get. However, in my limited experience, it's just like that classic car - if you want that level of immersive experience you also need to bring along patience, understanding and time.

Finally I have one piece of advice for new owners - I see no point is asking anyone else for their Force Feedback settings. It is a very, very personal thing and one size definitely does not fit all. What one racer will think is great, another will try and think - awful- thats why there are so many adjustment sliders to play with! In conjunction with your Fanatec manual, my advice - read as much as you can about the game developers explanations of their FFB tuning tools and go your own way.

Keep up the good work Fanatec.
  • I didn't realise there was timescales set in place to return to a post in a forum before it was deleted, no other post I made was deleted.  I was too bust to return trying to get my wheel working in GT.  Also, you have all my contact details, why didn't you contact me thru those.

I have sent you an a message thru your web contact service and nothing back yet.  I dont want to turn my FF down or make any other technical changes, I just want the wheel to stop wobbling ffs, and be supported in GT as Fanastec promised,  is that too much to ask ?

Good to see yet another update to GT and no Fanatec support added again, the CSL Elite is not supported in GT Sport and thats why I bought the setup, FANATEC has lied to their customers saying it would be sorted this year, if I could send it all back I would do so.

Utterly shocking, £1500 out of pocket for a wheel I still cant use and wont be able to use over the holidays.  Ill be buying nothing more from Fanatec and will be spreading the word...............
    Gordon, each to their own. Mileages, experiences and expectations vary.

Here's my experience, if it helps a first time visitor to these pages to make an informed decision then it was worth typing.

I was previously a G29 and then T300 user before switching to Fanatec about 9 months ago. I didn't get along with the feel of the gear driven G29. The T300 had a good 'feel' but two failures within 12 months and shockingly poor customer service response (weeks to respond) to direct communications was disappointing. Thankfully, the retailer came good and refunded on both occasions.

So that's the background that prompted my move to Fanatec. It was a big step for me to make such a significant investment and I'll confess that in the first month of ownership of my CSL Elite (PS4) I regretted my purchase. My club sport pedals were magnificent. Sturdy, well built, good design, adjustable and remain an absolute pleasure to own and use. Thumbs up Fanatec.

The wheel base, again, sturdy, well built, smooth and powerful with an added layer of tuning adjustments available, right there on the wheel rim! Thumbs up Fanatec.

But - I had so many frustrating evenings trying to get the 'right feel' on Project Cars 1 and Assetto Corsa. Added to which, I nearly lost a tooth filling every time I ventured near a raised kerb in Project Cars and simply couldn't find the right wheel weight for corners, without amplifying the awful kerb clatter.

I'll confess that I gave up and contacted Fanatec Customer Services for a refund (within the return window). I received a response within 2 hours and all the support I could ask for in arranging a return and refund. Thumbs up Fanatec

With the Fanatec gear back in its box and waiting to be collected by the shipping company, I purchased another T300 and set it up - WHAT THE....... the FFB felt horrible, notchy and 'dull'. It wasn't, of course, it was still the same capable, functional wheel it had always been - but I had gotten used to the smoother, more alive, more detailed and more powerful feel of the Fanatec wheel. 

I had made a mistake, in my haste and impatience I had given up when I was clearly 80% of the way there with my set up efforts. I asked Fanatec Customer Services if they would reverse my return request. As has become the norm when contacting Fanatec, a favourable response came back within 2 hours and I kept my Fanatec gear. Thumbs up Fanatec.

A few weeks later, I had the wheel set up almost perfectly. I say almost, because I had to dial down the force a little lower than I liked, so that the kerb force was manageable for me.

Fanatec technicians came to the rescue though. They released a beta firmware update that gave users the option to turn the kerb forces down without impacting on wheel weight. Thumbs up Fanatec.

However, me and my Fanatec continue to have a love, hate relationship, not unlike owning a classic performance car - when the car is in tune there is no greater pleasure than hitting the open road and enjoying the thrill of driving. When the carburettors are out of balance, it's a pain to start, cuts out at junctions and won't hit peak revs and becomes somewhat less pleasant to drive.

So is the story with my Fanatec

Project Cars 1 works very nicely on my wheel, thanks to great patience and an excellent Fanatec firmware update.

Assetto Corsa also very works nicely on my wheel, again thanks to great patience and an excellent game developer firmware update (not that long ago, the game did not save my wheel profile on shutdown nor allowed me to assign buttons to it. The games developers released an update)

Project Cars 2 hit the stores missfiring like a v12 on 7 cylinders. Full compatibility they said. Supported Fanatec wheel they said. It wouldn't recognise my wheel, the FFB was average (at best) and generally unpleasant and lacked detail - but the important thing to note is that it was not Fanatec who developed or released the game. I knew my wheel was good, so I switched back to PCars 1 and AC whilst SMS got their act together. In the meantime, Fanatec came up with a work around. Switch to Compatibility Mode and crack on. Thumbs up Fanatec.

Then came GT Sport. Full compatibility they said, Again, no wheel recognition and hopeless FFB. But I knew my wheel was good, so I switched back to the other titles and even did a bit in Cars 2 on 'purple mode' while PD get their act together. True to form (unlike PD, who have released 4 patches in 8 weeks without the hit of a fix) Fanatec came up with a work around. Here's a firmware update, select G29 on the GT Sport screen and you're ok to use the wheel, albeit with some features not yet implemented. Thumbs up Fanatec.

So where are we today, after more game patches and many evenings re-tuning FFB settings because of game developers 'tweaking patches'

My CSL Elite is outstanding and a pleasure to use on Project Cars 1 and 2, as with Assetto Corsa too. GT Sport is useable (again providing you are patient and tune to suit) and when PD eventually pull their finger out and patch in full compatibility, I see no reason why my CSL Elite won't be the best option out there for me, on all the titles.

And for those who may be considering a move over to pc in the future, imo, my CSL Elite (PS4) on R3E and rFactor2 on pc is outstanding with staggeringly impressive detail and feedback.

The marketplace is good for us. There are choices for those who want to plug in and forget, right through to those who want the best possible immersive experience they can get. However, in my limited experience, it's just like that classic car - if you want that level of immersive experience you also need to bring along patience, understanding and time.

Finally I have one piece of advice for new owners - I see no point is asking anyone else for their Force Feedback settings. It is a very, very personal thing and one size definitely does not fit all. What one racer will think is great, another will try and think - awful- thats why there are so many adjustment sliders to play with! In conjunction with your Fanatec manual, my advice - read as much as you can about the game developers explanations of their FFB tuning tools and go your own way.

Keep up the good work Fanatec.

Regarding GT Sport patches by PD... There was a patch update adressing problems with Thrustmaster T500RS. There was a patch update adressing problems with Logitech G29... sadly messing with Fanatec compatibility mode after that. There was a patch update adressing problems with Thrustmaster T-GT. There has been nothing adressing our problems with Fanatec gear!!! Seems to me Fanatec has NOT the tight connection to the Game-Developers as Thomas said to us. Other companies seem to have it. Quoting that the game developers love the Fanatec gear and are working hard to get it implemented right... that is just not enough, Thomas!
  • I didn't realise there was timescales set in place to return to a post in a forum before it was deleted, no other post I made was deleted.  I was too bust to return trying to get my wheel working in GT.  Also, you have all my contact details, why didn't you contact me thru those.

I have sent you an a message thru your web contact service and nothing back yet.  I dont want to turn my FF down or make any other technical changes, I just want the wheel to stop wobbling ffs, and be supported in GT as Fanastec promised,  is that too much to ask ?

Good to see yet another update to GT and no Fanatec support added again, the CSL Elite is not supported in GT Sport and thats why I bought the setup, FANATEC has lied to their customers saying it would be sorted this year, if I could send it all back I would do so.

Utterly shocking, £1500 out of pocket for a wheel I still cant use and wont be able to use over the holidays.  Ill be buying nothing more from Fanatec and will be spreading the word...............
    i payed through paypal so have raised to have returned and a full refund  through pay pal. as the product is not as was advertised.